以亲切示人
and being gracious to people
虽然他们视我于无物
who look through me as if I were invisible
或者把我挤到一边 因为他们眼里只有
or elbow me aside because all they can see
伟大而光芒四射的天才
is the great and glorious genius
阿尔弗雷德·希区柯克
Alfred Hitchcock!
而现在是我多少年来第一次
And now, for the first time in years,
敢于跳出阿尔弗雷德·希区柯克的局限
I dare to work on something
尝试做一些不同的事
that isn’t an Alfred Hitchcock production
但我得到的却是一味的谴责和批评
and I’m met with accusation and criticisms?
我和惠特一起工作让我心情愉悦
The work I am doing with Whit gives me pleasure
也使我找到了方向
and purpose,
并且没有侵犯你一丝一毫
and it takes absolutely nothing away from you.
好好想想吧
Consider this a reminder:
我是你妻子 艾尔玛·雷维尔
I am your wife, Alma Reville.
不是那些必须忍♥受
Not one of those contract blondes you badger
你那些怪脾气的女演员
and torment with your oh-so-specific directions.
我想是时候说再见了
I guess this is goodbye.
为什么你不留下来
Why didn’t you stay with me?
我可以把你造成格蕾丝·凯利似的大明星
I would have made you as big a star as Grace Kelly.
我不想像格蕾丝·凯利一样
Well, unlike Grace Kelly,
我可以走自己的风格
I can pick my own dry cleaning.
我有自己的家 老希
I’ve got a family, Hitch. A home.
那个你一直孜孜以求的神秘金发女郎
That blonde woman of mystery you’re always after?
她只是个幻象
She’s a fantasy.
并不真实存在
She doesn’t exist.
曾有段时间我以为自己了解你
There was a time when I thought I understood you.
了解女人
Understood women.
艾尔玛 我以为你下午晚点才会过来
Alma, I thought you were coming later this afternoon.
我以为这个地方只供我们写作的
I thought you rented this place so we could write.
就是啊
I did.
你不会说出去吧
You’re not going to say anything,are you?
别担心 我不会告诉伊丽莎白的
Don’t worry. I won’t tell Elizabeth.
我的意思是不要跟老希说
I mean to Hitch.
艾尔玛 我们不可能都是天才
Alma, we can’t all be geniuses.
当然你很有天分
You’re incredibly talented.
但我们毕竟还需要他来帮忙看剧本
But, after all, we want him to read the script with an open mind.
不是吗
Don’t we?
这点不用你担心 惠特
I wouldn’t worry about that, Whit.
警长 求你了 我很担心
Sheriff, please, I’m worried.
阿伯加斯特说一旦联♥系♥上贝茨夫人
Arbogast said he’d call
就会打电♥话♥过来
as soon as he spoke with Mrs. Bates.
但那都是昨晚的事了
That was yesterday evening.
-诺曼还未婚 -他说那是他母亲
– Norman isn’t married. – He said it was his mother.
你的侦探在汽车旅馆看到了诺曼的母亲
Your detective saw Norman’s mother up at the motel?
从楼上的窗户里看到的
In the upstairs window.
他一接到她电♥话♥就马上打给我了
He rang me right after she called out to him.
小姐 你的侦探肯定喝多了
Missy, I think your detective must be a few cups in.
贝茨夫人死于番木鳖碱中毒已有十年了
Mrs. Bates died of strychnine poisoning more than ten years ago.
-你确定吗 -那尸体是…
– Are you sure? – That body was…
这是我最喜欢的地方
This is my favorite place.
门一关就能沉浸在自己的世界里
I just shut the door and make the world go away.
你有没有感到孤独的时候
Don’t you ever get lonely out here?
那种时候我都会跟我妈谈心
I can always talk to my mother.
太奇怪了
That’s strange.
我想我们找到了他的藏身之处
Jesus Christ. I think we found his hiding place.
这是我母亲的房♥间
That’s my mother’s room.
是我母亲的房♥间
That’s my mother’s room.
你不能进来的
You can’t go in there!
别进我母亲的房♥间
Don’t go in my mother’s room!
老希
Hitch?
老希
Hitch?
评价如何
So what’s the verdict?
直说吧 一个字评语 不是好
Let’s just say it was a four-letter review and it wasn’t “Good.”
不用在意
Screw him.
派拉蒙公♥司♥要想退出已经晚了
It’s too late for Paramount to back out,
巴拉班说什么都不重要
no matter what Balaban says.
还有一条出路
The other route is to
我们可以把电影分成两部做成电视剧
re-cut it as a two-parter for the TV series.
凭我们的预算和希区柯克的名声
Because of the budget and the Hitchcock name,
我们很有希望回本
we stand a good chance of breaking even.
用《百战宝枪》这部烂片我都可以
Look, I made Jimmy Stewart a millionaire on Winchester 73,
让吉米·斯图尔特一夜暴富
and that was a dog.
至少你的片子我还能从头看到尾
At least I could sit through your picture.
更重要的是 艾尔玛怎么看
More importantly, what does Alma think?
我怕你会责怪自己
I was afraid you’d try to blame yourself.
我没在说责怪的事
I’m not talking of blame.
利 你还没确定怎么能做计划呢
Leigh, how can you make plans if you’re still not sure?
惠特一定热衷于为科尔伯特写剧本
Whit must’ve enjoyed writing for Colbert.
海滩去的怎么样
How was the beach?
又冷又凄凉
Cold and miserable.
就像巴尼·巴拉班的脸一样
Just like Barney Balaban’s face.
可怜的老惠特
Poor old Whit.
他不跟你合作就一文不值
He isn’t worth a damn when he’s not working with you.
我也一样
Neither am I.
我拍不好这部片子了
I couldn’t pull off the picture this time.
它还是老样子
It just sits there,
没有一点起色
refusing to come to life.
我想我也只能直说了
I guess there’s no other way of saying it, is there?
这电影不可能成功了
It’s stillborn.
我让你失望了 亲爱的
I let you down, my love.
你值得更好的对待
You deserve better.
我去喂杰弗里和斯坦利了
Better go feed Geoffrey and Stanley.
跟我来 宝贝们
Come on, boys.
两个人都那么伤感脆弱 我可受不了
I don’t think I can stand us both being maudlin.
我一直在帮惠特写的那个无聊的
That tiresome little Hitchcock
模仿希区柯克风格的剧本已经完成了
imitation I’ve been helping Whit finish is done.
摆脱所有这些窘境的方法只有一个
You know there’s only one solution to all this.
那就是我们一起回去继续工作
That we get back to work together.
我喜欢这栋房♥子
The fact is I rather like living in this house.
所以我建议 为了大家好
So I suggest, for everyone’s sake,
我们都克制住自己神经质和敏感多心
we start whipping psycho into shape.
你也许不是最好相处的人
You may not be the easiest man to live with,
但你绝对是最擅长剪辑电影的人
but you know how to cut a picture better than anyone else.
除了你以外
Except for you.
第二个镜头 灯光打到手上比较好
The second take. The light is much better on the hands.
车一开动就切回珍妮特那儿
Only cut back to Janet once the car’s already moving.
那里切掉
Cut it tighter.
你个淘气鬼 还拍了裸体
Ooh, you imp, you got nudity in there!
她的胸部实在太大了
Her breasts were rather large.
很难不秀出来
It was a challenge not to show them.
这六七帧必须剪掉
You’ll have to cut those six or seven frames
她应该已经死了 却还朝哪儿眨了一眼
where she blinks after she’s supposed to be dead.
艾尔玛 我们已经查看了上千次了
Alma, we’ve viewed the film a thousand times.
她没有眨眼睛
She does not blink.
-那边进行的怎么样了 -一切顺利
– How’s it going in there? – Swimmingly.
所以人都说那是一部烂片
Everyone’s saying it’s like a dog with fleas.
当然不行了
No, absolutely not!
谋杀场景中不要加音乐
I do not want music over the show murder scene.
但我和艾尔玛都说好了
But what Alma and I talked about is really going to play.
伯尼 这不是像《迷魂记》
Bernie, this is not Vertigo.
那种浪漫爱情片
It’s not a romantic movie.
他们必须自己去想象
The images must work on their own.
但你不能仅凭一声嘘声使人们害怕
Yes, but you can’t scare people just by going, “Boo!”
好吧 你最懂 那你做吧
All right, you do it then. You know best.
他们必须要有所预见
They have to anticipate it.
你总是最懂的嘛 你去做啊
You always know best, just do it!
退一步吧
Take a step back.
幸好我们假期档还有《仙履奇缘》可以放
Well, thank God we have Cinderella for the holidays.
-怎么样 -我以后再也不想洗澡了
– What do you think? – I think I’ll never have a shower again.
-老希你觉得呢 -可以
– Hitch? – It’s getting there.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!