This about Ed Gein, the mass murderer from Wisconsin?
没错
Oh, yeah.
一个集♥合♥暴♥力♥ 窥阴癖 异装癖
“Graphic elements of brutal violence,
和乱♥伦♥形象的真实再现
voyeurism, transvestitism and incest.”
太妙了 这可不是一般水平的疯子啊
Very nice. Not your average run-of-the-mill nutcase, is he?
你开玩笑呢吧
You’re kidding.
佩吉 他可是亲手挖出了他妈的尸体
Peggy, this is the boy who dug up his own mother.
-饿了吗 -饿死了
– Hungry? – Famished.
如果你听话 就给你半个葡萄柚吃
You can have half a grapefruit later if you’re good.
老希 听我说
Listen, Hitch.
昨天吃午饭时惠特给我他的新书校样
Whit gave me the galleys to his new book yesterday at lunch.
我已经有了不少改编的想法了
I’ve already got some ideas about how we can adapt it.
它优雅 精致 而且充满阴谋诡计
It’s elegant. It’s sophisticated. It’s full of intrigue.
你指的是书还是惠特菲尔德·库克先生
You mean the book or Mr. Whitfield Cook?
老希 这正是我们要找的题材啊
This could be the one, Hitch.
我等会儿再看
I’ll read it later.
那酒热量太高 别喝了
There are calories in that, you know.
妈妈
Ma?
妈妈
Ma…
你不冷吗
Aren’t you cold?
妈妈 不用害怕
No need to be afraid, Ma.
真烦人
Oh, God!
我就想让你读读这一小段
I just want you to read this little bit here.
故事发生在汽车旅馆的浴室里
It takes place in the motel bathroom.
玛丽开始尖叫
“Mary started to scream,
浴帘突然被分开
“And then the curtains parted further
一只握着屠刀的手突然出现
“And a hand appeared, holding a butcher’s knife.
这把刀一会儿将掐断她的尖叫
“It was the knife that, a moment later,
并砍下她的头颅
cut off her scream, and her head.”
不错 桃丽丝·戴应该给它排个音乐剧
Charming. Doris Day should do it as a musical.
美国影歌♥双栖红星
这不过是部哗众取宠的低成本惊悚片
That is nothing but low-budget horror movie claptrap.
但如果是由惊悚片大♥师♥来拍呢
But what if someone really good made a horror picture?
电影刚过一半就杀掉女主角
Just think of the shock value.
想想这给观众的冲击力吧
Killing off your leading lady halfway through.
你肯定被吸引了吧 是不是亲爱的
I mean, you are intrigued, are you not, my dear?
快承认吧
Come on, admit it.
承认你感兴趣
Admit it.
其实我觉得这是一个大错误
Actually, I think it’s a huge mistake.
别等到电影过半
You shouldn’t wait till halfway through.
三十分钟后就杀了她
Kill her off after thirty minutes.
你厉害
Well!
佩吉 快去召集一下你的小喽啰们
Peggy, I want you to summon your minions.
-小喽啰是什么 -快点
– Minions? – Right away.
好啊 可是小喽啰们都是谁啊
Certainly. And who might they be?
让他们把《惊魂记》所有书买♥♥下来
Get them started buying copies of Psycho.
你需要多少
How many do you need?
所有 全国范围内所有的书
All of them. Every copy, nationwide.
把所有书店 图书馆翻个底朝天
Scour every bookshop, every library.
一个地方也不能漏
And I mean everywhere.
《惊魂记》会是我下一部电影
Psycho is going to be my next movie,
在电影院播出之前
and I don’t want anyone to know the ending
我不想让任何人知道故事的结局
until they see it in the theater.
瞧瞧这个
Look at that.
你肯定吗 这可太不像你了
Are you sure about this? This is so unlike you.
你说到点子上了 亲爱的
That is exactly the point, my dear.
媒体各界的女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen of the press,
下午好
good afternoon.
我知道你们都看过艾德·盖恩的报道了
I see you’ve all been devouring the article on Mr. Ed Gein.
看到这个暴♥力♥的家伙
Violent chap,
以及这本《惊魂记》背后真实的生活灵感
and the real-life inspiration behind Psycho.
我们都被笼罩在暴♥力♥和恐怖的阴影之中
All of us harbor dark recesses of violence, and horror.
这很令人着迷 对吗
Fascinating, isn’t it?
当威斯康辛警局突袭盖恩先生的农场时
When the Wisconsin Police Department raided Mr. Gein’s farm,
他们打开门一看
they opened the door, and voila!
眼前是十个顶部被锯开的女性头颅
They discovered ten female heads with the tops sawn off.
把这个传一下好吗 大家都看看
Pass these around, would you? And have a look.
人皮制成的面具
Masks of human skin.
一对对嘴唇被串在绳子上当作百叶窗
A pair of lips on a drawstring for a window shade.
还有一个装满了人鼻子的大壶
Oh, yes, and a jug containing human noses.
你确定这真是你要拍的下一部电影吗
Is this really going to be your next picture,
希区柯克先生
Mr. Hitchcock?
是的夫人 我是这样打算的
Well, that is my intention, yes, madam.
我唯一的期望就是艾德·盖恩看起来
My only wish is that Ed Gein looked a
更像威廉·霍尔登而非艾玛·福德
little more like William Holden instead of Elmer Fudd.
威廉·霍尔登 美国男演员 英俊迷人
艾玛·福德 著名动画角色 样貌滑稽丑陋
另外 尝尝那些手指三明治
By the way, try the finger sandwiches.
那是真手指头做的
They’re real fingers.
我的天啊
Bloody hell!
他没看你的书 别装作你不介意
Now don’t pretend you’re not upset he hasn’t read it.
我确实没介意 我又不是小孩
I’m not. I’m a big boy,
我承受得起
I can take it.
我喜欢你的书
Well, I loved it.
研究起来肯定乐趣无穷
It must be great fun to research.
你真的认为他会看吗
Do you really think he will read it?
说曹操曹操到
Speak of the devil.
老希 我跑遍了整个镇子
Hitch, I ran all over town trying to find a copy of Psycho
也没能找到一本《惊魂记》
but I simply cannot find one.
-我也不知道这是为什么 -是嘛
– I wonder how that could have happened. – Yeah.
接着帮我找
Don’t stop looking on my behalf.
老希 你过来一下
Hitch, you should come.
快坠崖的校车里的孩子脸色都比他们好
I’ve seen happier faces on a school bus going over a cliff.
但他们忍♥不住要去看 不是吗
But they can’t stop looking, can they?
巴尼 观众想要被震撼
Audiences want to be shocked, Barney.
他们想看别具一格的东西
They want something different.
你眼前的就是
And this is it.
每次你想别出心裁 就总会有人赔钱
Every time you want to do something like
像《伸冤记》和《迷魂记》那样
The Wrong Man or Vertigo, someone loses money.
难道我们就因噎废食停止出新了吗
So we should stop trying to give them something new?
老希 你还差派拉蒙公♥司♥最后一部电影
You owe Paramount one last picture, Hitch.
就不能再做些《西北偏北》那种片子吗
Can’t you do something like North by Northwest
别给米高梅公♥司♥ 就给我们
but for us this time instead of for MGM?
《惊魂记》就是
Psycho.
没有别人像派拉蒙公♥司♥这样尊重你
No one respects the name Hitchcock like Paramount.
巴尼 你这是回绝我的意思吗
Are you telling me “No,” Barney?
老希 你对我还挺了解的嘛
I think you know me better than that, Hitch.
真是个混♥蛋♥
What a putz.
你知道建成这些电影大厦之前
You know what his family did
他们家是干什么的吗
before they built those movie palaces?
就是个开杂货店的
Ran a grocery store.
我父亲就是开杂货店的
My father ran a grocery store.
对 我就是这意思 他应该放尊重点
Exactly. That’s what I’m saying. He should show some respect.
卢 他们觉得我江郎才尽了
They think I’ve lost my touch, Lew.
他们觉得老和电视打交道让我掉价
My association with television has cheapened me.
你是说我给你找的那个交易吗
Are you referring to that deal I got you
百时美施两万九买♥♥你一个小短片
where bristol-Meyers pays you
结果你还拒绝了
29 grand an episode and you own the negative?
我觉得那是挺掉价的
That’s my kind of cheap.
他们只是想一遍一遍地看同样的东西
They just want the same thing over and over and over.
他们把我推进棺材 现在又钉死了盖子
They’ve put me in a coffin and now they’re nailing down the lid.
老希 我是你的经纪人
Hitch, as your agent,
我绝对不会让那样的事发生
I will never let that happen.
你觉得拍这部电影需要多少钱
How much you think you can make this picture for?
大约八十万美金吧
$800,000, give or take.
你回来的好早
You’re home early.
挺好的
It’s lovely actually.
我其实挺失望的
You know, I’m disappointed you
惠特写的那本书你一点机会都不给
didn’t give Whit’s book a chance.
那惠特呢 他失望吗
And what about Whit? Is he disappointed?
没有 他太了解你了
No. He knows you well enough.
瞧这儿都破了 反正该买♥♥件新的了
Look at that! Time for a new one anyway.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!