It was a beautiful home.
那是个漂亮的家
But no tourists ever came.
但却没有游客来过
Nobody.
一个也没有
We just lived there…
我们只是住在那·
…all alone in that big, empty failure…
带着落空和失败,孤独地在那里
…till he couldn’t stand the sight of me.
直到他无法忍♥受我的存在
I think it happened…
我想当时只是
I was eating a biscuit.
我吃了一片饼干
He started yelling what a greedy,selfish bastard I was.
他开始大叫说我是个贪心、自私的混♥蛋♥
Yelling and yelling till I grabbed his throat.
一直大叫,直到我掐住他的喉咙
I couldn’t stop myself.
我无法让自己住手
He tore loose and got a gun.
他流下了眼泪并拿了把枪
He said, “Look at me, boy!
他说”看着我,小子!
“Take a good look ’cause I’m the last living thing you’re gonna see.”
”好好看着我,因为你马上就会死去”
And he pulled the trigger.
然后他就扣下扳机
But the gun wasn’t loaded.
但枪并没有上膛
He began to cry.
他开始大哭
Bawled like a kid.
哭得像个小孩
I went for a long walk.
我便出去走了好久
When I got back, the place was dark.
当我回来时,那地方便暗暗的
The door was locked.
门也锁上了
in the snow…
我的东西都堆在门外雪地上…
…where he threw it.
…全是他丢出来的
I walked away and never looked back.
于是我就离开,没回头看一眼
I guess the only thing I’m gonna miss in this world…
我想这世上我唯一将想念的…
…is that poor old man…
就是这个穷老头
…and his hopeless dreams.
和他那无望的梦想
I’m glad you don’t hate your father anymore.
我很高兴你不再恨你的父亲了
But I do.
我还是恨
I hate him.
我恨他
And I love him.
而且我也爱他
What for?
走吧 干嘛
What does it add up to, anyway?
那意味着什么
Well, four innocent and two guilty people murdered.
四个无辜者和二个罪人都被谋杀了
Three families broken.
三个家庭就此破碎了
Newspapers have sold more papers.
报社卖♥♥了更多的报纸
Politicians will make more speeches.
政客将做更多的演说
Police and parole boards will get more blame.
警♥察♥和假释委员将招致更多的批评
More laws will be passed.
也会通过更多的法令
Everybody will pass the buck.
每个人都不用再为此事负责
And then, next month, next year…
然后,下个月,明年
…the same thing will happen again.
同样的事会再上演一次
Well, maybe this will help to stop it.
也许此事会有助于阻止发生同样的事
Never has.
但从未成功
This is a warrant from the Supreme Court of the State of Kansas.
这是堪萨斯州最高法♥院♥的授权书
“It was by the court ordered that execution of the sentence of death by hanging…
”兹由本院下令对派瑞艾德华史密斯的死刑判决
“…of Perry Edward Smith…
执行绞刑
“…imposed by the District Court of Finney County, Kansas…
将由堪萨斯州分纳郡地方法♥院♥
“…be carried out on Wednesday,April 14, 1965.”
于一九六五年四月十四日星期三执行”
Anything you want to say?
你想要说些什么吗?
I think maybe…
我想也许…
…l’d like to apologize.
我想说声抱歉
But who to?
向谁道歉?
“The Lord is my shepherd,I shall not want…
”耶♥和♥华♥是我的牧者我必不致缺乏…
“…he maketh me to lie down in green pastures.
”他让我处于翠绿的牧场上
“He leadeth me beside the still waters…
”他引导着我沿着不动的水流
“…he restoreth my soul.
”他重建我的灵魂
of righteousness for his name’s sake.
”他引导着我走向康庄大道
“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…
”是的,纵使我走过死亡的幽谷
“…I will fear no evil…
”我也将不怕邪恶
“…for thou art with me…
”因为你与我同在
“…thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
”你的牧杖和牧杆给我以慰藉
“Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies…
”在我敌人面前你为我摆设筵席
“…thou anointest my head with oil…”
”你在我头上施以油膏·‘
Is God in this place, too?
”上帝也在这里吗
“…my cup runneth over.
”使我的福杯满溢
“Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life…
”的确善良和慈爱将伴随我一生
“…and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”
”而且我会永远受到上帝的蔽荫”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!