最重要的是他们告诉警♥察♥或精神医师说…
…that they felt the urge to kill,before they committed murder.
…他们在杀人之前内心总会有份冲动想杀人
Their warnings were disregarded.
他们根本不理会内心的警铃
So, who killed the Clutters?
所以,到底是谁杀了克拉特一家?
Someday, somebody will explain to me the motive of a newspaper.
希望总有一天有人能为我解释报纸的动机
First you scream, “Find the bastards.”
一开始报纸疾呼“抓到那些混♥蛋♥”
Till we find them you want to get us fired.
在我们逮到凶手前舆♥论♥界想把我们都炒鱿鱼
When we find them,you accuse us of brutality.
抓到犯人时,又指控我们太残暴
Before we can go into court,you give them a trial by newspaper.
还没上法庭报纸就已对犯人进行了审判
When we finally get a conviction you want to save them…
当我们终于定他们罪时报纸又想要救他们…
…by proving they were crazy in the first place.
…想办法证明他们精神失常才犯罪
All of which adds up to one thing:You’ve got the killers.
听起来你已抓到凶手了
Off the record, have you got them?
私下的说,你抓到他们了吗?
Suspects.
嫌犯而已
Even if we catch them, that’s all we’ve got.
即使抓到了,也只是嫌犯而已
Because without a confession, the evidence we got so far, we couldn’t go to trial.
没有供词,目前的证据根本不足以上法庭
Unless we can place the suspects in this spot…
除非有疑犯在场证据
…unless we can tie the killers to that piece of rope…
除非可以证实凶手与这条绳子有关
…they’ll never hang.
否则定不了罪
派瑞
Was it good, baby?
刚才不赖吧,宝贝?
Was it good?
不赖吧?
Baby, was it really good?
宝贝,是真的不错吧?
All a truck gets us, is from here to there.
卡车只是个交通工具
We want a score.
我们要的是成功打劫
One guy with a fat wallet,in a fast car, with a back seat.
一个家伙带着装满钱的皮夹开着有车后座的跑车
I sit beside him.
我坐他旁边
You get in the back, I feed him a few jokes.
你坐后座,我来跟他说几个笑话
I say, “Hey, Perry, pass me a match.”
然后等我说”派瑞,给我支火柴”
That’s your signal.
这是暗号♥
Fast. Hard. Snap. I grab the wheel.
你又快又狠的勒死他我会抓紧方向盘
You’re so good at it,you sit in the back seat.
你比较厉害,你来坐后座
You do it.
你来杀他
Look friendly, now.
装友善点
You’re a lucky bastard.
你真是个幸运的混♥蛋♥
Don’t forget,when I say, “Pass me a match.”
别忘了等我说”给我支火柴”
Hop in boys. Where are you going? Come on. Get in.
上车,小子们:你们要去哪啊,坐进来吧
Not with you.
不跟你们坐
Thanks just the same.
还是谢谢你们
Did you see them guys?
你没看到他们吗?
Jesus! They could’ve robbed us.
天啊!他们都可以抢劫我们
What of?
抢什么
I’m really not supposed to pick up anybody in the company car, but…
我真不该开着公♥司♥的车让别人搭便车
What the hell, you only live once. That’s what they say.
管他的,人只活一次 就是啊
Comfortable back there?
还舒适吗?
I can take you as far as lowa.
我只能带你们到爱荷华州
Where have you boys been?
到过哪些地方?
Mexico. No future there.
墨西哥,没啥发展
That depends, my boy.
看你怎么想啰,小子
I honeymooned in Mexico.
我就在墨西哥渡蜜月的
You might say that’s where I planted the seed of our first child.
我就在那里撒下我第一个小孩的种
我也和那里的一些小妞有一腿
You know what they call a prostitute who went to college?
你知道他们怎么称呼上大学的妓♥女♥吗?
What?
是什么?
A whore-to-culture.
有文化的妓♥女♥
I got a riddle for you.
我出一道谜语给你猜
Ready? Shoot.
好吗? 说吧
Why is a trip to the bathroom exactly like a trip to the cemetery?
上厕所和死亡有何相似?
Let me see. A trip to the bathroom…
让我想想:上厕所
…like a trip to the cemetery…
和死亡有何相似
Give up?
放弃?
When you gotta go, you gotta go.
时候到了就非去不可,没得选择
Perry, pass me a match.
派瑞,给我支火柴
Sorry, I never turn down a soldier.
抱歉,我不能不载士兵
This might get the boy home for Christmas.
也许他需要搭便车回家过圣诞节
Lucky break.
真幸运
Practically a goddamn miracle.
真是他妈的奇迹
You didn’t happen to see a portable radio,Mr. Hickock, about so big?
希考先生,你不会碰巧看见一台这么大的手提收音机像吧
A Zenith?
是真尼斯吗?
Now what makes him do it?
什么让他这么做呢?
Now what makes him do it?
什么让他这么做呢?
Hit out against people?
这样滥杀无辜
Outstanding athlete in basketball, baseball,football, always made the first team.
篮球、棒球及足球场上的顶尖好手总是造就一流球队
He always played to win,played hard, but clean.
他总是可以赢得胜利拚命出赛但是赢得公正
When he left without a word I knew he was in trouble again.
当他一声不响地走时我就知道他又惹上麻烦了
Now, Mr. Nye, I thought if I…About breaking parole.
奈先生我在想假如违反了假释条例…
Will he have to go back to prison?
他会不会被抓回去监狱
You do much hunting, Mr. Hickock?
希考先生,你常打猎吗?
That’s his gun. Dick’s.
那是他的枪,迪克的枪
When he come outta prison…
当他出狱后
…you know, folks was saying how he’d turned mean.
人们都说他已变坏
Now how’d they know?How’d anybody know…
他们怎会知道?谁会知道…?
…what’s inside another person?
其他人内心的世界
I haven’t got long to go, Mr. Nye.I’m with cancer.
我没多少日子可活了,奈先生我有癌症
Dick knowed that.
迪克知道的
Well, before he left, he said to me:
他离开前跟我说:
“Pa, I’m not ever gonna do anything to hurt you.”
”爸,我不会做任何伤害你的事”
And he meant it, too.
他是很认真的
If you’d seen him,you know, playing with his children.
如果你看过他和他的小孩一起玩耍的样子
Any boy that loves and respects his folks,well, you know…
任何敬爱及尊敬双亲的人
…there’s good inside that boy.
定是个内心善良的人
I hope you find him, Mr. Nye,for his own sake. Before it’s too late.
我希望你能找到他,奈先生趁一切太迟之前
You know what we are?
你知道我们是什么吗?
We’re the living proof that crime pays.
我们就是人无横财不富的活证据
Gifts in a manger.
这真是天上掉馅饼
No more money troubles.
不再缺钱用了
Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐
Kansas City, here we come.
堪萨斯市,我们来了
You’re crazy.
你疯了
I gotta get us some money.
我得去找些钱
How far do you think we could get in a hot car? With hot checks?
你认为我们开赃车用空头支票可以走多远?
That’s right. I’ll go by myself.
没错,那我就自己走
Like hell you will. I’ll meet you later.
我不会让你自己去的我晚点会跟你碰面的
We stick together.
我们一起去
First we go to Vegas.We pick up our clothes.
首先我们去拉斯维加斯拿回我们的衣物
All the stuff I shipped from Mexico.And then…
拿回我从墨西哥运回的东西…
…we drive to the nearest port and ship out on the first tanker leaving this country.
然后我们开往最近的港口尽早搭油轮离开这个国家
And this time we stay out.
这一次我们不回来了
I won’t go.
我不走
You’ll go.
你会走的
What if I don’t?
我不走会怎样吗?
Well, then, “honey, baby”…
好吧,那么亲爱的
…I guess I’ll just have to kill you.
…我想到时候我只得杀了你
Yeah. But right now…
没错,但现在
…we pass a lot of fast, hot checks.
…我们多开些空头支票
One more check.We can be in and out of here in an hour.
再多开一张支票,我们便可以在一个小时内离开这里
A cinch.
小事一桩
Stop worrying, will you?
别担心了,好吗?
Al, our friends are here.
艾文,我们找的朋友在这儿
How do you know?
你怎知道?
他们在爱荷华州偷了一辆车用空头支票买♥♥了两个辆胎
Where?
在哪?
Right here. The salesman got worried and wrote down the license.
就在这儿,销♥售♥员因为担心所以写下了牌照号♥码
The Hickock farm, is it covered?
派人手去希考农场了吗
If they go there, we’re covered.
有,他们跑不掉了
I’ll be at the Hickock farm.
我会到希考农场
Yes?
是的?
Yes.
是的
Did they slip through?
他们逃跑了吗?
If it wasn’t to see his folks,why would they come back to Kansas?
如果不是去见亲人他们为什么要回到堪萨斯
Maybe they’re trying to be caught.
也许他们想被捕吧
I guess they’ll just have to try harder.
看来他们得再接再厉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!