to consider these ladies’ demands too much, too soon.
这些女士们索要的 是否太多太早
Monty Taylor, you two-faced, hypocritical toe-rag!
蒙蒂·泰勒 你个伪善的两面派
You fucking piece of…
你♥他♥妈♥的…
Hang on. No, you hang on!
闭嘴 不 你给我闭嘴
Sorry, gentlemen.
抱歉 先生们
Hey, we’ll sort this out between ourselves later, eh?
这问题我们待会儿解决 好吗
Monty, I’ve seen more of
蒙蒂 她们最近几周
their mugs on the front pages the past few weeks
在报刊封面抛头露面的次数
than you’ve managed in 20 years.
可比你二十年来要多得多
I wouldn’t mind hearing from them.
我想想听听她们的发言
Go on. Go on.
上吧 上吧
My best friend lost her husband recently.
我最好的朋友最近失去了丈夫
He was…
他曾是…
He was a gunner in the
曾是二战时英国皇家空军
50 Squadron in the RAF.
五十中队的一名机♥枪♥手
Got shot down one time on a raid to Essen.
在突袭德国埃森时被击落
And even though he was badly injured, he managed to bail out.
他身负重伤 却跳伞获救
I asked him why he joined the RAF and he said:
我曾问他 为什么参军 他说
“Well, they got the best women, haven’t they?”
“他们泡得到最好的姑娘 不是吗”
Which they did.
确实如此
And then he said, “Well, you gotta do something, haven’t you?”
他又说”总得做点什么吧”
You had to do something. That was a given.
没错 我们都该做点什么
Because it was a matter of principle.
因为这是原则问题
You had to stand up, you had to do what was right.
你必须站出来 去做正确的事
Otherwise you wouldn’t be able to look at yourself in the mirror.
否则扪心自问时 你会羞愧不已
When did that change, eh?
何时才会变革
When did we, in this country, decide to stop fighting?
何时国民才会停止斗争
I don’t think we ever did.
我觉得我们从未停止
But you’ve gotta back us up.
但你们必须支持女性
You’ve gotta stand up with us.
必须跟我们团结在一起
We are the working classes.
我们都是工人阶级
The men and the women.
无论是男是女
We’re not separated by sex.
世界上没有性别之分
But only by those who are willing to accept injustice
只有甘愿接受不公之人
and those, like our friend George,
还有像我们的朋友乔治一样
who are prepared to go into battle for what is right.
为正义而战的斗士
And equal pay for women is right.
而让妇女得到平等报酬 就是正义
Thank you.
谢谢
I never knew you could talk like that.
你的演讲让我大开眼界
Scorch marks all the way up
蒙蒂被你逼得
the curtains where Monty’s arse caught fire.
像热锅上的蚂蚁
Hello. Excuse me.
你好 抱歉
Gin.
琴酒
I need to calm my nerves.
我需要冷静一下
They might vote against us.
他们可能投票反对我们
How long we gotta wait? They said half an hour.
我们得等多久 他们说半小时
You know what we can do? Stick it on Monty’s wound.
知道该怎么办吗 把这杯子砍蒙蒂身上
Brilliant. You’re a genius.
棒极了 你是个天才
In that case, I’ll have a double.
我要再来一杯
Babycham.
杯杯香[甜味梨子汽酒]
Double gin. Eddie.
多加琴酒 埃迪
Excuse me. What do you want, Rita?
借过 你要干嘛 丽塔
Where’s she gone? Most probably needs some air.
她去哪儿 大概是去透透气
Can we have Babycham?
我们也要杯杯香
I’ve come to say sorry.
我是来道歉的
I mean, I thought about what you said and
我好好想了你说的话
you were right, I suppose.
你是对的
You are right.
你是对的
And it’s amazing what you’ve done, Rita O’Grady.
你创造了奇迹 丽塔·奥格雷迪
And I wanna back you. See, I was gonna tell you that.
我想要支持你 我就想告诉你这话
Only then when I come in and you were speaking
我进来时你正好在演讲
and I heard you up there, and you was huge.
我觉得你那时好高大
You was…
你是…
I don’t know.
我不知道怎么形容
Like a force.
就像一股力量
Then I thought
后来我想
I’m not sure me backing
哪怕没有我的支持
you makes that much difference, to be honest.
你都能够成功
Where you are now.
你已经成功了
Anyway, go on, you go back to your meeting and whatever you got.
没事 你先回去开会 忙你的吧
I’m gonna… I should…
我…我…
Eddie?
埃迪
You’ve said some pretty stupid things in your time.
你说过不少傻话
Of course you backing me makes a difference.
你的支持当然对我很重要
It makes all the difference in the world.
太重要了
Very good, gentlemen.
好吧 先生们
The results of the vote are as follows:
投票结果如下
Delegates in favor of support for the women machinists:
支持女工的
Seventy-nine.
有七十九位代表
Delegates against:
反对的有
Forty-eight.
四十八位代表
I declare the motion
我宣布
carried in favor of the Dagenham machinists.
支持达格南女工的提案通过
Their bloody unions are back in line.
工会最终达成一致
It’s verbatim. Our man was there.
确实 当时我们有人在那儿
It really does seem time to call in Sir Jack.
现在确实该找杰克先生了
Good. I’ll do that, then.
好的 我待会儿找
I’ll set up a court of inquiry which he can oversee
我要设立个调查法庭 以便他监督
and let’s hope that does the trick.
希望那样有效
Oh, yes. One more thing.
对了 还有一件事
Set up a meeting, will you?
帮我安排一次见面 好吗
Minister? With the machinists.
见首相吗 见女工们
Their leaders. Pardon me?
她们的头领 抱歉
I want to meet them. At the earliest opportunity.
我想见她们 越早越好
But… Yes?
但是 什么
The minister doesn’t do that… Never has done.
就业大臣不会那么做 从来没有过
It’ll just encourage them.
这只会助长她们气焰
Give credence to their cause.
让她们觉得 您支持他们罢♥工♥
I am what is known as a fiery redhead.
众所周知 我是个不好惹的红发女人
Now, I hate to make this a matter of appearance
我也不想跟你们撒泼
and go all womanly on you, but there you have it.
搞得大家很难看 可我没办法
And me standing up like this is, in fact,
我这红发女人
just that redheaded fieriness leaping to the fore.
只好也暴跳如雷一次了
Credence? I will give credence to their cause?
支持 还需要我去支持她们吗
My God, their cause already has credence!
老天 她们早就深得人心啦
It is equal pay. Equal pay is common justice
同工同酬是最根本的公平
and if you two weren’t such a pair of
如果你们两个傻瓜爷们
egotistical, chauvinistic,
没那么自私固执 目空一切
bigoted dunderheads, you would realize that.
你们早就该明白了
Oh, my office is run by incompetents.
我办公室里怎么尽是些没用的家伙
And I am sick of being patronized, spoken down to
你们总对我居高临下 左右搪塞
and generally treated as if I was the May queen.
当我是绣花枕头 我烦透了
Set up the meeting!
给我安排见面去
Morning, Ed. All right, Albert?
早 埃迪 艾伯特你好吗
Yeah.

Now, listen. Listen to me.
听 听好了
Now, there’s no reason to panic, Rita.
别紧张 丽塔
Okay.
好的
Only, I’ve had a call from Barbara Castle’s office.
我接到芭芭拉·卡索办公室来的电♥话♥
Oh, my God.
上帝啊
Eddie. What’s happened now?
埃迪 怎么了
Barbara Castle wants to talk to me.
芭芭拉·卡索想跟我面谈
Well done.
干得好
Cheers.
干杯
The Secretary of State is seeing the women? On whose authority?
国务大臣要见女工们吗 谁授权的
On her own, apparently.
很明显 是她自己
I gather Mrs. Castle is quite a forceful woman.
卡索女士多半是个铁娘子
Is she? What are you doing?
是吗 你要干什么
I represent Ford.
我代表福特公♥司♥
We are the biggest car manufacturer in the world.
世界上最大的汽车制♥造♥商

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!