but when we were elected two years ago,
但两年前我们当选时
it was on a wave of optimism
形势还算乐观
that Labour would utilize its close relationship with the unions
工党和各地工会密切配合
to develop manufacturing industry
发展制♥造♥业
so that it would better serve the employer and the employee.
从而更好地服务雇主和雇员
Yes, I think that was in the manifesto.
没错 工党宣言是这样写的
It was. Trust me.
确实如此 相信我
So, what have you been doing since 1966?
那么 自1966年起你们做了什么
I… Two years this department has had
我 这两年这个部门
in which to make a difference.
发挥了什么作用
Shall we see what has been achieved in the last 12 months?
看看过去的一年里我们的成就
Twenty-six thousand strikes in the United Kingdom,
全英两万六千次罢♥工♥
with the resulting loss of 5 million working days.
损失了五百万个工作日
Unions and management barely talking to each other,
工会和管理部门缺乏沟通
productivity levels through the floor,
生产水平降到最低
and our balance of payments, the wrong side of catastrophic.
国际收支状况更是惨不忍♥睹
It’s hardly the stuff to set the champagne corks popping, is it?
不算值得庆祝吧
Thank you. See yourselves out.
好了 慢走不送
Here you are, babes, you forgot your flask.
给你宝贝儿 你忘了瓶子
I love you Dave, cheers. You too, darling. Good luck.
我爱你戴夫 我也是 祝你好运
You get stuck in, girls.
姑娘们 好好干
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢 谢谢
Monica, that’s yours. Cheers, love.
莫妮卡 你的 谢谢
Happy with that.
我真高兴
lt’s a holiday.
真像过节一样
What’s this? A mothers’ meeting?
怎么了 妇女聚会吗
Hey, cheeky sod. Are you all right?
你个赖皮鬼 你还好吗
How you getting on? Give us half a chance.
进行得怎么样了 差不多了
Good luck. See you later.
祝你好运 再见
Come on, ladies, let’s hear you.
加油吧 姑娘们
Bye. See you later. Cheers, Eddie.
再见 谢啦埃迪
What have you done to your eyes?
你眼睛怎么了
It’s amazing, isn’t it? My friend showed me how.
很漂亮吧 我朋友教我化的
Scouts everywhere.
星探到处都是
That’s how Twiggy got discovered walking on street.
崔姬就是在街上被发现的
Up West, you dozy sod, not Dagenham.
那是上西城 咱这是达格南 白♥痴♥
You never know.
总有机会的
We’d better shut this gate.
最好把门关上
I’ve spelt it right, haven’t I?
我拼对了吧
Close the gate.
关门罢♥工♥了
I know. At least they know we’re serious, eh?
让他们知道我们是认真的
Not as helpless as they thought.
不像他们想的那么没用
Come on then, girls.
姑娘们 跟我来
No more seats today, Mr. Ford.
今儿不给你做车座了 福特先生
Come on, girls, let’s get together.
姑娘们 来站在一起
What if we form a line or something?
要不要站成一排
Line up there. Yeah.
排成一排吧
Hold the banners up.
把牌子举起来
We need some in the back. Standing?
后面也要 站着吗
Like that. Come on, then.
就这样 来吧
That’s it.
就这样
Here we go.
好了
Like this? Yeah.
这样吗
They’re running low on finished seats.
成品车座快用完了
So get these down to the Cortina line,
那把这些送去科蒂纳线
then come back for the Escorts.
再回来拿雅仕的车座
They’re calling. Come on.
又来催了 过来 让开
Anyone fancy a cuppa? Yeah.
有人想喝茶吗
Tea’s up, ladies. Come on.
午茶时间 女士们
Yeah, put that down a bit.
放下来吧
That’s gonna hurt your arms.
肩膀很累
Get me Tooley.
帮我接图利
Stand by, girls, could be trouble.
让开 姑娘们 有麻烦了
Hello, girls. What’s Brenda got?
姑娘们 布兰达搞什么
Tea’s up. Bananas, apples, pears, the lot.
下午茶 吃点香蕉 苹果 还有梨子
Thanks for the ride, Arthur.
谢谢你载我 亚瑟
He’s lovely. Brenda, you never.
他真可爱 布兰达 你别想了
Why not? He’s gorgeous. I would.
为什么呢 他很帅啊 是啊
Just as I was leaving with the fruit, he goes:
我拿了水果正准备走 他说
“I believe all the workers of the world should unite.”
“我认为全世界工人都该团结在一起”
So I thought myself: I can help you with that one straight away.
我就想 那我团结你呗
So I did.
就这样啦
Hey, Peter. Bobby here. What can I do for you?
彼得 我是鲍比 有什么事吗
We’ve got another dispute, I’m afraid.
恐怕还会有场纠纷
Another one? Who is it this week?
还有 这周又是谁
It’s the women.
那些女人
Quick. Quick, quick.
快点 快点 快点
Come along, girls.
姑娘们快点
You’re gonna get soaked, love.
你们会淋湿的
Oh, no. They’re gonna drip, aren’t they?
雨下大了
It’ll be fine. It’ll pass. What are we gonna do now?
没关系 会停的 现在怎么办
Pubs ain’t even open. Monica.
酒吧都还没开门 莫妮卡
Just wanna have some chips.
我想吃薯条
I suppose we’ve done a full day, haven’t we?
我们抗♥议♥一整天了吧
We have, haven’t we? Yeah.
没错 是啊
I have gotta get down the dogs later.
我还要回去喂狗呢
Yeah. I did promise my mum I’d cook her tea.
我答应了要帮妈妈做下午茶
Did you? Yeah.
是吗 是啊
Oh, sod it. We’ve registered the protest, haven’t we?
该死 我们已经表示出抗♥议♥了吧
Yeah.
是啊
Go on. School’s out. Yeah!
好吧 收工了
Home time.
回家吧
Onwards and upwards, Rita.
再接再厉 丽塔
Well done, girls. See you.
干得好 姑娘们 再见
Hey, and Rita, well done.
丽塔 干得好
It was your gob what got us here, wasn’t it?
是你让我们团结在一起的 不是吗
Sandra?
桑德拉
I’ve just been round to your house.
我刚去过你家
I’ve just been round to your house. Why?
我刚去过你家 为什么
I thought you would’ve gone home ages ago.
我以为你早回去了
No.
还没有
I’m lucky if I can get the lads to hold out for a full hour.
男工们连一小时都坚持不了呢
Look, I wanted a little chat.
我想和你谈谈
You fancy a cup of tea?
进来喝杯咖啡吧
I can’t, Albert. I’m sorry, I’ve got stuff to… I’m buying.
不了 我还有事 我买♥♥单
Go on, then. Seeing as it’s pelting it down,
好吧 现在雨这么大
a quick cuppa won’t hurt.
喝一杯也没关系
Over there by the window. Over there.
放在窗户旁边了 那边坐吧
I’m dripping all over the floor.
我要把这都滴湿了
Come on, Albert, spit it out.
艾伯特你说吧
Sorry. It’s all right.
我很抱歉 没关系
This dispute’s got nothing to do with what skill level you are.
这场争论和你们的技术水平没关系
Ford decided to give you less money because they can.
工厂压工资因为他们可以这么做
They’re allowed to pay women a lower wage than men.
国家允许给女人低工资
All over the country, Rita, women are getting less
丽塔 全国女工的工资都很低
because they’re women.
就因为她们是女人
You’ll always come second.
你们总是差人一等
You’ll always be fighting over the scraps of the top table.
永远为那点微薄的工资挣扎
Until you… We get equal pay, yeah.
除非 除非能取得平等待遇
What I don’t get is why it’s so important to you.
为什么你也那么在意
I got brought up by my mum. Me and my brothers.
是我妈妈把我养大的 我和我的兄弟
She worked all her life
她一生都忙着干活
and she paid my Aunt Lil to take care of us during the day.
白天她雇丽莉阿姨照顾我们
And it was hard.
真的很辛苦
Especially as she was getting less than half
尤其是 她做着相同的工作
what the blokes at the factory was getting
工资却没有厂里
for doing the same work.
那些男人的一半多
And there was never any question that it could be any different.
没人认为这有什么不对
Not for her.
她也没反抗
Someone has gotta stop these exploiting bastards
必须有人来阻止这些家伙

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!