法庭上见
See you in court.
ASNF 吾儿谨记永不忘本
汉克上校下令
Captain Hanks has ordered
你必须留在此处 士官长
you to remain here, Chief.
二等士官长布拉谢 请坐
Please be seated, Senior Chief Brashear.
只有陆军在室内行礼 士官长
Um, only the Army salutes indoors, Senior Chief.
就我所知 在这么重要的场合
Sir, in the Navy I grew up in, a salute is warranted…
海军是一定要行礼的
given the gravity of this occasion, sir.
可是…
Well…
现在是新海军时代
we’re in a new Navy now, Senior Chief.
可以开始了吗?
Shall we begin?
士官长 有一天可能有另一位
Senior Chief Brashear,
潜水员的生死掌握在你手中
one day the life of another diver may depend on you.
请你扪心自问 以你…
Do you honestly feel that as a man–
将近40岁 一腿残废
You’re almost 40. You have one leg.
你比得上身强体壮
Can you really keep up
年纪只有你一半的潜水员吗?
with healthy divers half your age?
长官 问题应该是…
The question is, sir,
他们比得上我吗?
can they keep up with me?
请勿吸菸 士官长
No smoking out here, Chief.
海军的潜水研究显示
Studies of the Navy’s experimental diving unit…
如果一个主体失去知觉或罹病
indicate that if the subject were to become unconscious…
义肢与真正四肢浮力上的差异
or deceased, the disparity between the buoyancy characteristics…
会阻碍他的徒手潜水模式
of a prosthetic and a limb would hinder him in a free dive mode.
意即若溺水 他不会浮是吗?
You mean if he drowned, he wouldn’t float right, yes?
是的
Yes, sir.
各位长官 如果我死在海里
Sir, I promise,if I am killed at sea,
绝对会死得像个海军军人
I will make every effort to die like a Navy man.
这是未来海军的深海潜水装备
I just thought you should see the future of Navy deep sea diving.
是最新氦氧混合气潜水装
This is the latest HEO-2 mixed gas rig.
总重290磅
It weighs 290 pounds, and the men who want to use it,
使用者 在潜水训练前就必须
before they can even begin the diving qualifications,
能独♥立♥走十二步
will be required to walk 12 steps, unassisted.
你可以吗 布拉谢士官长?
Could you do that, Senior Chief Brashear?
我可以 长官
Yes, sir, I could.
听清楚了
Well… I see.
未免再拖延一天 我将安排
As much as I hate to prolong this another day,
你展示你的能力
make arrangements for you to demonstrate your contention.
就在这里 长官
Here, sir.
现在
Now.
让开 否则我打烂你的下巴
Son, step aside, or I’ll have to crack you right in the jaw.
士官长 这恐怕不太合适…
Senior Chief Brashear, I hardly think this is the appropriate–
我希望大家公评 长官
I want them all to see, sir
上校 我同意你的看法
Captain Hanks, sir, I concur with your assessment.
这里光滑的地板不适合展示
These slippery floors alone prohibit such a demonstration, sir.
你的前途还不够艰险吗?
Chief Sunday, haven’t you had enough trouble in your career?
你的出席和发言不受欢迎
Your advice is unwelcome.
这人是谁?
Who is this man?
士官长雷斯利山岱 长官
Chief Leslie W. Sunday, sir.
莱特湾游出圣罗号♥那个人
You swam out of the Saint Lo at Leyte Gulf.
闭气长达…
You held your breath
四分钟
for four minutes.
五分钟 长官
Five, sir.
他可以留下来
He can stay.
好的
Fine.
以上与本案无干
Irrelevant.
长官们 回到我们手边的案子
Gentlemen, sirs, returning to the issue at hand.
时间地点不适合布拉谢士官长
This is not the time or place for Senior Chief Brashear–
士官长 有问题吗?
Excuse me, Senior Chief, is there a problem?
汉克上校…
Captain Hanks,
我一辈子在海军尽力达成任务
I have spent most of my life in the Navy trying only to succeed.
我的目标使我疏忽关爱我的人
However, my questhas come at a great personal loss to those who love me.
为了支持我 他们也牺牲忍♥耐
They, too, have made sacrifices.They, too, have endured great pains to support me.
如果我今天走完这十二步…
If I walk these 12 steps today,
请让我恢复勤务
reinstate me to active duty.
把前途还给我
Give me my career back.
完成我一生的目标才甘心返乡
Let me finish it and go home in peace.
二等士官长 现代海军的事业
Senior Chief Brashear, the business of the modern Navy–
抱歉 长官 对我来说
Forgive me, sir. But to me,
海军并不是一个事业
the Navy is not a business.
我们有许多传统
We have many traditions.
大部分我都经历过
In my career, I have experienced most of them.
其中有好的 也有坏的
Some good, some bad.
我此刻不会在这里
However, I wouldn’t be here today
若不是因为伟大的传统
if it weren’t for our greatest tradition of all.
请问是哪一项?
And which one is that?
是荣誉 长官
Honor, sir.
请进行展示 士官长
Get on with it, Senior Chief.
雷斯利?
Leslie?
现在用的是哪种义肢?
What leg you got on?
行走用的…雷斯利
My walkin’ leg, Leslie.
那是我爸的名字 你有意见?
It was my dad’s name. You got a problem with that?
没有 一点都没意见
Oh, no. No problem at all.
这种承载力很差
That thing’s light duty.
会像火柴棒般折断
Gonna snap like a match stick.
我会将重量落在真腿上
Not if I keep my weight on my good leg.
单脚负担290磅?
Two hundred and ninety pounds on one leg?
第六步你就会昏倒
You’ll be passed out by the sixth step.
助理 帮他戴上潜水盔
Tenders, hat the diver.
海军潜水员 起立
Navy Diver, stand up.
不要碰他
Leave him.
上校 就我所知的海军规章
Captain, if I recall the Navy regulation manual correctly,
潜水员是可以被扶起来的
the diver may be helped to his feet.
由坐姿起立 要举起惊人的黄铜重量
This is a lot of brass to sling up from a seated position, sir.
是锻造铜 黄铜淘汰近十年了
It’s spun copper, Chief. We haven’t used brass in a decade.
新手册明令潜水员独♥立♥起立
And the new manual states the diver must rise unassisted.
新手册有这规定吗?
That’s what it says in the new book, sir?
可以问吗?上校你怎么知道?
If I may ask, Captain, how would you know?
是我写的
I wrote it.
懂了 长官
Yes, sir.
海军潜水员 起立
Navy Diver, stand up.
装备就绪 向水边前进
Square that rig and approach the rail.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
各位 他的腿不行了
Gentlemen, his leg.
请注意
Please.
各位
Gentlemen.
留在原地不要动
Navy Diver, stand down.
潜水员不要理会 听我的指令
his is my detail.
妈的 伙夫 迈开步伐
Goddamnit, cookie, move your ass!
你欠我十二步
I want my 12!
9 海军潜水员不是战斗人员
Nine. The Navy diver is not a fighting man.
他是救难专家
He is a salvage expert.
Ten
遗失在海底的 他负责寻获
If it’s lost underwater, he finds it.
沉下去的 他负责捞起
If it’s sunk, he brings it up.
挡在途中的 他负责移开
If it’s in the way, he moves it!
11 好运的话
Eleven. If he’s lucky,
他能死在200英尺深的海底
he will die young 200 feet beneath the waves,
因为这是成为英雄的最低标准
for that is the closest he will ever get to being a hero!
搞不懂为什么有人想当潜水员
Hell,I don’t know why anybody would want to be a Navy diver.
到这条线来向我报到 伙夫
Now, you report to this line, cookie!
稍息
At ease.
助理 帮他卸下头盔
Tenders, unhat that diver.
美国海军光荣的宣布…
The United States Navy proudly reinstates…
二等潜水士官长…
Senior Chief and Diver Carl Brashear…
卡尔布拉谢恢复原来职务
to full, active duty.
谢谢
Thank you.
我可以辞职
I can quit.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!