One could get the impression you’re not a very serious person.
人们可能把你看成不严肃的人
Who is this guy, some Nick Smith impersonator? I was already sick of the original.
这是谁,尼克·史密斯的克隆?我对这个已经厌烦了
Yeah, Tom, cut it out. That’s really gotten tiresome.
汤姆,住口,那很无聊
The things that Nick said were completely untrue.
尼克说的那些都是假的
I’m sorry about last night. I didn’t mean what I said.
对于昨晚的事我很抱歉,我不是那个意思
No. I mean, it was idiotic of me to… approach you that way.
不,我的意思是,我太白♥痴♥了…用那样的方式和你接近
I hadn’t intended to. No, it wasn’t idiotic.
我不是有意的 不,那不白♥痴♥
Miss Sabina Johnston ofTyler, Texas…
这是德克萨斯泰勒的萨拜娜·约翰斯顿小姐…
and Cadet Lieutenant George Frawley of our armed services.
这是陆军中尉乔治·富雷
Hello. Hi.
哈罗 嗨
I still have a feeling. It’s his age.
我仍然感觉不舒服 没关系
I go away for a couple of hours, and you have Von Sloneker up here?
我就离开了几个小时,你就带冯·斯隆尼克来了?
I can invite anyone I want. So you invited him.
我可以邀请任何人来 所以你就邀请了他
I didn’t, but even if I did, it’s none of your business.
不是,但是即使是我邀请的,也和你没有关系
How can you say that? I mean, you know what kind of guy he is.
你怎么能那么说?我是说,你知道他是什么人
I don’t. It’s just what you say, and you’re completely untrustworthy.
我不知道,那只是你说的,并且你并不让人信任
Not about something serious. Hey, Smith!
这是认真的 嘿,史密斯!
You’re a liar. I’ve heard the crap you’ve been telling about me.
你个骗子,我听说了你编造的那个故事
Ah, you have? Yeah, about some girl I supposedly mistreated.
啊,你听说了? 是的,关于我虐待女孩的荒谬故事
A Polly Perkins? There isn’t any Polly Perkins. You know that.
波利·博克林?根本没有波利·博克林这个人,你知道的
Such a girl never even existed.
根本没有这个女孩
Go on. Tell ’em. You made it up.
来吧,告诉我们,你编造了这个故事
Is this true?
真的吗?
Yes and no.

Oh, God, Nick! You did make it up.
哦,上帝啊,尼克! 你是编造的
There is no one Polly Perkins. There are many of them.
没有波利·博克林这个人,但是有很多类似的人
So you admit you lied!
你承认你说谎了!
Polly Perkins is a composite, like New York magazine does.
波利·博克林是合成的,就像纽约杂♥志♥做的那样
Name one girl.
说出一个名字
Girls that have been degraded by you don’t need the further humiliation…
女孩在被你糟蹋了之后,不需要再让她们的名字…
of having their names bandied about nonexclusive Park Avenue after-parties.
在派克大街的聚会上再受侮辱
You see? There isn’t one. This looks really bad, Nick.
大家看到了?没有 这太糟糕了,尼克
Cathy Livingstone. No more harm can be done to her now.
凯茜·利文斯敦,现在做什么都再也不能伤害她了
I had nothing to do with that, and, anyway, she was completely unstable.
那件事我没做,并且,无论如何,她这个人不可信
Oh, that didn’t stop you from boozing her up and then talking her into pulling a train for you and Lemley.
哦,那并不能阻止你灌醉她,和勒慕雷一起和她“拉火车”
That is not how it happened. Aw, what did happen, Ricky?
那件事不是那样的 啊,那是怎么发生的,瑞克?
Anything that happened between Cathy Livingstone and myself…
凯茜·利文斯敦和我之间的事…
is entirely private and entirely personal…
是完全私人的和完全自愿的…
and had nothing to do with her suicide, which was months afterwards.
和她几个月后的自杀没有关系
She kept trying to call and talk to you, but you wouldn’t even see her!
她一直试着和你说话,但是甚至不看她一眼!
I liked Cathy, but sometimes these things don’t work out, and a clean break is usually the best.
我喜欢凯茜,但是有时候事情并不能长久,通常分手是最好的方式
Oh, spare us this fake sensitivity. Are her panties still in your collection?
哦,省省你的伪装吧,她的内♥裤♥还在你的收藏品中吧?
Rick keeps a collection of panties of the girls that he’s seduced.
瑞克收藏了所有他诱惑的女孩的内♥裤♥
Oh, when they later kill themselves, do you do anything special to memorialize them?
哦,当她们自杀后,你会对那些内♥裤♥做特殊处理吗?
I don’t let anyone say that kind of thing to my face.
我不允许任何人在我面前说这种事
Before you complained that I said it behind your back.
那你就会抱怨我在背后说你坏话了
Now it’s that it’s to your face. Frankly, how can you tell which is which?
现在当着你的面,坦白的说,你能分清哪个是那个吗?
He had that coming for a long time.
他期待这个很久了
How dare he hit me!
他怎么敢打我!
He’s the scoundrel. I should have thrashed him.
他这个恶棍,应该我打他才对
Well, you missed your chance.
你失去机会了
I would have if I hadn’t been doing my damnedest not to splatter blood all over the apartment.
如果我不是顾及到血会弄脏这个房♥间,我会打他的
I got back, he was gone. Nobody did anything to help me.
我回来了,他却走了,没人帮我做点什么
I’m facing one of the worst guys of modern times…
我面对当代最坏的家伙…
and all I get’s this whining criticism …
并且我听到了这样的抱怨…
“Oh, this looks really bad, Nick.”
“这太糟了,尼克”
Why should we believe you over Rick?
为什么我们要相信你而不是瑞克?
We know you’re a hypocrite. We know your Polly Perkins story was a fabrication.
我们都知道你是伪君子,我们知道,你说的波利·博克林的故事是虚构的
A composite!
合成的!
That you’re totally impossible and out of control with some sort of drug problem…
你吸毒,无法控制自己…
and a fixation on what you consider Rick Von Sloneker’s wickedness.
一口咬定瑞克·冯·斯隆尼克是坏蛋
You’re a snob, a sexist, totally obnoxious and tiresome…
你势利,大男子主义,令人讨厌,无聊…
and, lately, you’ve gotten just weird.
并且,近来,你很奇怪
Why should we believe anything you say? I am not tiresome.
为什么我们要相信你说的? 我不无聊
What’s Rick to you anyway?
瑞克把你怎么了?
Your shy friend hits me in the face…
你那腼腆的朋友打了我的脸…
I’m about to go upstate to the domain of a stepmother of untrammeled malevolence…
我正要去我们国家的北部边远地区,我恶毒的继母…
very possibly to be killed…
很可能要杀了我…
and I get this.
我却得到了这个
Well, who could blame her?
你怎么能责备她?
If not spattering blood was your objective, you weren’t terribly successful.
如果不是你的鼻子出血,你就成功了
Well…
嗯…
I’m going to Grand Central.
我要去伟大的中部
The people are friendlier.
那里的人们更友善
I’ll help you with your stuff.
我送你
Why don’t we all go see Nick off?
我们大家送尼克吧?
Even within this group, there are certain standards.
甚至在这个小团体内,都有确定的规矩
Apparently, I failed to live up to them.
显然,我无法和他们相处了
Thanks for coming. Will you write? Yes.
谢谢你来送我,给我写信? 好的
Goodbye. Thanks for coming. Goodbye, sir.
再见,谢谢你来送我 再见,先生
Goodbye, Tom. Good luck.
再见,汤姆 好运
I leave, counting on you and Charlie to maintain the standards and ideals of the U.H.B.
我离开了,指望你和查理来维护U.H.B.的理想和规则了
I’ve obviously failed to.
我明显会失败
You and Charlie are the only ones who understand this kind of thing.
你和查理是唯一理解这种事的人
What? Here.
什么? 拿着
Thank you.
谢谢
Oh. Also, you remember, in case I die… Yes.
哦还有,你记得,如果我死了… 是的
All right. Goodbye. Bye.
好,再见 再见
Bye. Goodbye.
再见 再见
Is the 21 Club very expensive?
二十一俱乐部贵吗?
I believe so.
我想是的
That’s priceless.
那很贵
And then she told Miss Radford, “They look awfully big for mice.”
然后她告诉瑞弗德“和老鼠比起来,他们很了不起”
She believed it? Oh, completely.
她这么认为? 对,无疑
Oh, that’s priceless.
哦,那很贵重
You mentioned something about it in one of your letters.
你的一封来信中提到过这事
When I was going through some stuff over Christmas, I found a packet of your old letters.
我们分手后,圣诞节前后,我翻出了一袋你的旧信
You saved my letters? Of course.
你把我的信保存着? 当然
I save all the personal letters I get. Don’t you?
我保存所有的信件,你呢?
No.

You mean, you threw away all the letters I wrote you?
你是说,你把我写的信都扔了?
I throw away nearly everything.
几乎所有的东西我都扔
I don’t want to go through the rest of my life with the mail I got when I was 1 6.
我不想在以后的日子里还保留我十六岁时收到的信
I’m surprised.
我很惊讶
Someone goes through the trouble of writing you a real letter, I save it.
某人费力给你写的信,我会保留
People don’t write many personal letters anymore.
人们不再写信了
People in boarding school do.
寄宿学校的学生还写
And what if someone who wrote you becomes famous?
如果给你写信的人后来出名了呢?
Those letters could be the only record of what they were thinking at that time. Crucial for their biographers.
那些信件是你回忆的证物,对那些传记作者很重要
Anybody who writes me who expects to become famous should keep carbons.
写信给我的人如果希望出名应该留底
It just seems to me that it’s a kind of trust.
那对我来说是一种信任
If someone takes the trouble to write you a substantial letter, you do not throw it out.
如果某人不怕麻烦给你写一封信,你不应该扔掉它
I didn’t save your letters, but I didn’t throw them out.
我没有保存你的信,但是我也没有扔掉它们
I don’t understand. Is that a riddle?
我不明白,这是谜语吗?
There was a girl at school who had some kind of a crush on you.
我学校里有个女孩很欣赏你
She came into my room when I was throwing things out, so I gave her your letters.
她正好在我扔东西的时候进来了,我把你的信都给她了
Really?
真的?
I know it sounds queer.
我知道这听起来很可疑
She kept them? Mmm. I’m sure.
她保留着? 嗯,我肯定
How strange. She must be really odd.
太奇怪了,她一定很古怪
No, she’s very nice.
不,她很漂亮
In fact, you know her.
事实上,你认识她
Audrey Rouget.
奥德丽鲁杰特
You mean, you think you’ve gotten over Serena again.
你的意思是,你又见塞丽娜了
Yes, but it’s different this time.
是的,但是这次很不同
Then I was still intensely involved with her, though in a negative way. Full of bitterness.
在那之前我仍然对她又点感情,虽然是反方向的,充满苦涩
I don’t feel that way now.
但我没有那样感觉了
Charlie’s on his way up.
查理上来了
Damn. There’s something I wanted to ask you.
天啊,我有事情要问你
Oh, yeah. What was that surprising thing Serena told you?
哦,好,塞丽娜告诉你什么令人惊讶的事了?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!