It all depends who’s on the elevator. It’s not a question of who’s on the elevator.
那取决于是谁 那不是是谁的问题
I mean, you’ve known Sally for, what, 1 0 days?
我的意思是,你认识萨利十天了?
And you’re barging in on her uninvited in the middle of the night?
你在午夜未经邀请闯入过?
She said we should come up anytime we saw the living room lights on, which they clearly are.
她说过我们可以在任何时候去,只要起居室的灯亮着
At least call first. What, and wake up her parents?
至少先打个电♥话♥ 什么,你要吵醒她的父母吗?
Well, you act as if her apartment were our living room.
好像她的家是我们的一样
It is our living room.
那是我们的
Thanks, Ed.
谢谢
What are we doing here? It’ll be all right.
我们在这里干什么? 没事的
What are you doing here? You told us to come up if we saw the lights on.
你们在这里干什么? 你说过只要灯亮着就可以来
I’m sorry to bother you. I was just about to go out.
很抱歉打扰你 我正要出去
Oh. Who is it?
哦 是谁?
Just some friends.
朋友
Well, come on in.
好,进来吧
Allen, these are my friends, Charlie and Tommy.
艾伦,这是我的朋友,查理和汤姆
Allen is the record producer who discovered The Hated Few.
艾伦是《受憎恨的少数》的制片人
They’re very good. Yes, they are.
那片子很好 是的
And Sally will be very good. She’s got a wonderful voice.
萨利也很好,她有一副好嗓音
I think we also have a friend in common- Rick Von Sloneker.
我想我们有共同的朋友…瑞克·冯·斯隆尼克
Yeah. You’re a friend of Rick’s?
是的,你是瑞克的朋友?
Oh, sure. Rick’s a great guy. Our houses are next to each other in Southampton.
哦,当然,瑞克是个好人,我们在南安普敦的房♥子挨在一起
Wow, it’s late. Uh, we’d better get going.
哦,很晚了,我们出发吧
I don’t think there’s time for drinks after all.
毕竟我不认为这是喝酒的时间
Do you have any idea when everyone’s getting back? It’s as if the whole S.F.R.P. had disintegrated.
你知道大家什么时候回来吗?好像S.F.R.P.要解散了
We can’t just keep getting together with the same people every night for the rest of our lives.
我们不能每晚见同一群朋友
I don’t see why not.
为什么不呢
It’s inevitable that things get more back to normal sometime.
事情是变化的,会回到正常的轨迹
This wasn’t normal? No.
这不正常? 是的
I wish somebody had told me that before.
我希望有人能在这之前告诉我
Could you tell me, at least, when Cynthia and Audrey are getting back?
你至少要告诉我,辛西娅和奥德丽什么时候能回来?
I don’t know. That’s their affair.
我不知道,那是她们的事
Your friend Cynthia’s gone to that house party at Rick’s. In Southampton?
你的朋友辛西娅去了瑞克的乡间别♥墅♥ 在南安普敦?
Uhhuh. I’m not sure if she was really going.
嗯哼 我不确定她是否真的去了
You guys are so tiresome.
你们真无聊
That was really embarrassing. Thank you for including me.
真让人难堪,谢谢你带上我
I can’t believe it. God!
我不能相信,上帝!
Maybe, underneath it all, he’s a nice guy, but he sure doesn’t make a very good first impression.
也许,他是个好人,但是他给人的第一印象不好
No, not about that. What he said about Cynthia. Oh.
不,不是关于那个,关于辛西娅 哦
Look, if Audrey’s supposed to be visiting Cynthia in Connecticut…
看,如果奥德丽去康涅狄格拜访辛西娅…
and Cynthia’s in Southampton with Von Sloneker, what does that mean?
而辛西娅却在南安普敦和冯·斯隆尼克一起,那意味着什么?
That Audrey and Cynthia are in different states.
奥德丽和辛西娅在不同的州
No. There’s only one explanation.
不,只有一种解释
Audrey has gone with Cynthia to Von Sloneker’s house party in Southampton.
奥德丽和辛西娅一起去了冯·斯隆尼克在南安普敦的别♥墅♥
You know, you’re always selling Audrey awfully short, aren’t you?
你知道,你总是伤害奥德丽,不是吗?
I mean, I find that… that really despicable.
我是说,我认为那很可鄙
Could you stop calling me despicable? I’m really worried about Audrey.
你能不能停止说我卑鄙?我真的担心奥德丽
Jane says that since that Truth session, she’s been in a very strange mood…
简说自从那个说真话的游戏后,她就变得很奇怪了…
and said some really odd things.
说了很多奇怪的话
She told Jane she didn’t feel like a real woman.
她告诉简她不认为她是个真正的女人
She said that? That’s the way Cynthia talks.
她这么说? 那是辛西娅的谈话方式
Yeah.
是的
I can’t… I can’t really share your concern:
我不能明白你的想法
I mean, Audrey wouldn’t put herself in the situation you describe.
我是说,奥德丽不应该把自己放到你所描述的位置上
She’s got very, very clear views on these things.
她非常非常明白这些
I mean, you know that …that she’s a big admirer of Jane Austen.
我是说,你知道…她是简·奥斯汀的仰慕者
But she’s turned her back on all that. Oh, I don’t believe that.
但是她却放弃了 哦,我不相信
She’s probably at home, asleep right now…
她可能在家,已经入睡…
with her pink coverlet tucked up tight and her stuffed animals looking down over her.
在她粉色的整齐的床单上,她的玩具动物从下面看着她
Well, let’s call her then. We can’t.
我们给他打电♥话♥ 我们不能
It’s only a local call. We can’t call her up now. It’s nearly 3:00 a.m.
只是市话 我们不能现在打,现在是凌晨三点
We’d -We’d wake up her parents.
会吵醒她的父母
This is important to them too. What if she’s already at Von Sloneker’s?
对他们也很重要,如果她在冯·斯隆尼克那里怎么办?
I’m sure he’s not asleep.
我肯定她还没睡
Older people tend to get up really early. I’ll call the Rougets at 7:00.
老人们起的早,我七点给鲁杰特打电♥话♥
If there’s any risk of Audrey going out to Von Sloneker’s, I’ll give you a call.
如果奥德丽去了冯·斯隆尼克那里,我就给你打电♥话♥
But… But I don’t expect to have to.
但…我希望没有
Could you call me either way?
无论去没去你都给我打电♥话♥?
At 7:00? Okay.
七点?好
Thanks. You’re not such a bad fellow.
谢谢,你还不坏
I’ll call you. Call me.
我会打给你 打给我
I hate him.
我恨他
Audrey Rouget? Uhhuh.
奥德丽·鲁杰特? 嗯哼
She’s getting very attractive. She was the first girl that ever made him feel that way.
她很吸引人 她是第一个让他有这种感觉的女孩
She thinks you’re a total jerk. She hates you.
她认为你是混♥蛋♥,她恨你
When you’re an egoist, none of the harm you do is intentional.
当你是个利己主义者时,你做的任何伤害都不是故意的
Well, she despises you. Him. Victor Lemley, the other crew member.
她看不起你 他,维克托·勒慕雷,其他船员
I want to be a real woman. You’re the only girl who’s ever made me feel this way.
我想成为真正的女人 你是第一个让我有这种感觉的女孩
I had nothing to do with that, and, anyway, she was completely unstable.
我没做那件事,另外,她并不让人信任
I want to be a real woman.
我想成为真正的女人
I called Audrey’s parents exactly at 7:00.
我七点整给奥德丽的父母打电♥话♥了
It turns out that they’re not… not such early risers.
他们还没起床
But they- they thought that Audrey was with Cynthia in Connecticut too.
但是他们也认为奥德丽和辛西娅在康涅狄格
So I called Cynthia’s, and her mother answered.
然后我给辛西娅打电♥话♥,她妈妈接的
Apparently, she was sleeping late also.
显然,她也睡过头了
But she said that Cynthia was visiting Audrey.
但是她说辛西娅去拜访奥德丽了
Jesus! Well, Cynthia borrowed her mother’s car.
神啊! 嗯,辛西娅借了她妈妈的车
And the last anyone has seen of either of them…
最后一次看到她们是在…
was about 4:00 yesterday afternoon.
昨天下午四点左右
So they might have gotten to Von Sloneker’s already last night.
所以,可能她们昨晚就到了冯·斯隆尼克那里
You were right.
你是对的
But I am authorized to use my mother’s card.
我可以用我妈妈的车
I use it all the time.
我一直用
She wasn’t very polite. No, she wasn’t.
她很不高兴 不是
That should be plenty.
有很多
Yeah.
是的
I can’t believe you don’t have a license. Of course I don’t. I live in Manhattan.
真不能相信你没有驾照 当然没有,我生活在曼哈顿
I’m just really surprised, that’s all. Oh, give me a break.
我只是惊奇 哦,等一下
I don’t go out to the Hamptons. You could have gotten one easily.
我没去过汉普顿,你可以很容易去弄一个
I’m no jock. God, what a disaster.
我没开玩笑 上帝,真是灾难
No, I’m… I’m gonna get a license soon.
不,我…我能很快得到驾照
This must be how the… the, um, failure starts …
这一定是失败的开端…
an incompetence in mastering the common tasks of everyday life.
没有资格处理日常生活的任务
Doesn’t Fred have a license? Yeah.
弗瑞德有驾照吗? 有
Okay.

Bye.
再见
He says he can’t. He’s about to get fired as it is.
他说他不能,他的快要被炒鱿鱼了
He was always saying what a lousy job it was.
他一直说那工作多么烂
Did you tell him how serious the situation is? Yes.
你没告诉他情况有多么糟糕吗? 说了
He’s always complaining about what a lousy job it is.
他一直说那工作多么烂
You know, it’s possible that, to other people, the situation might not seem so ominous…
你知道,很可能,对其他人来说,情况并不是像对你我来说…
as it does to you and me.
那么糟糕
I-I mean, what can really happen?
我是说,能发生什么呢?
Of course, you have been right up till now, and Von Sloneker is a bad guy…
当然,你可能是对的,冯·斯隆尼克是个坏蛋…
I mean, capable of anything.
我是说,什么事都可能
It might sound melodramatic to say that he’s ruined girls.
说他糟蹋女孩可能是无中生有
I mean, what does that really mean today?
今天,那意味着什么?
But it’s true. I mean, he’s done some unspeakable things.
但那是真的,他做了一些坏事
And if Audrey’s as upset and bitter as it seems, well, then anything could happen.
如果奥德丽真的那么痛苦,什么事都可能发生
We gotta get out there as fast as possible.
我们必须马上出发
While we sit here, flailing around, anything could be happening out at Von Sloneker’s.
我们坐在这里,四处游荡,冯·斯隆尼克那里什么都有可能发生
If only Nick were here. He’d know what to do.
只要尼克在,他会知道怎么做
Yeah, he’s got all sorts of licenses and credit cards.
对,他有驾照和信♥用♥卡♥
What would Nick do? How would he get out of this?
尼克会怎么做?他怎么能不在这里?
You’ve got a lot of cash on you now.
你有许多现金?
Yes. Lots.
是的,很多
Whenever I think we might be overreacting, I remember Polly Perkins.
当我认为我反应过度时,我就想起了波利·博克林
Or Cathy Livingstone. I think I knew her.
或者凯茜·利文斯敦 我认识她
What are you gonna do when we get there?
我们到达时怎么做?
I don’t know. It depends on what the situation is.
不知道,那取决于是什么情况
Yesterday I was thinking, maybe Fourier was a crank…
昨天,我想,可能傅立叶是个脾气暴躁的家伙…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!