What you say might be true among people who don’t know each other well…
你的话会对那些不认识的人造成伤害…
but surely not with us.
但我们之间肯定不会
Then it’s even worse. Okay. Let’s discuss this.
那会更糟 好,我们讨论一下
Basically, what this game requires is complete candor…
基本上,这个游戏要求完全的诚实…
which means honesty, openness.
意思是正直,公开
I don’t see how that can be bad.
我看不出这有什么不好
Well, it can.
不好
Well, then don’t play, but don’t wreck it for everyone else.
好,那就别玩,但是也不能听别人的想法
No, if we’re going to play, we all should. That’s the whole point.
不,既然决定玩,就都要参与,这是基本准则
I think if one of us isn’t going to play, then none of us should.
我认为如果有人不玩,那大家都不要玩
I mean, maybe Audrey’s right. Come on. Let’s not disagree.
可能奥德丽是对的 算了吧,别讨论了
You’re really both saying the same thing …
你们一直在说同一个问题…
Either we should all play or none of us should.
我们一起玩,还是不玩
Well, it’s really all up to Audrey then.
好,奥德丽决定吧
Well, this isn’t fair. If Audrey doesn’t… No. Go ahead. I’ll play.
那不公平,如果奥德丽… 不,来吧,我玩
What now? You get to ask me the most embarrassing question you can think of.
现在呢? 你问我你能想到的最难堪的问题
I’m supposed to ask you the most embarrassing question I can think of? Uhhuh.
我问你我能想到的最难堪的问题? 嗯哼
What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
发生在你身上的最难堪的事情是什么?
No, something specific.
不,具体点
Like who was your most recent conquest? Something like that.
像,你最近“征服”了谁?之类的
Who was your most recent conquest? You mean, who did I sleep with last?
你最近“征服”了谁? 你是说,最近和谁上♥床♥?
You don’t have to answer that. No, it’s okay. I’m not embarrassed.
你不用回答这个 不,很好,我不觉得难堪
I have nothing to hide. It was Nick.
我没有什么要隐瞒的,是尼克
After all that about what a slut she was.
毕竟那是关于她是一个什么样的荡♥妇♥
But a very attractive slut.
很有魅力的荡♥妇♥
So,you’rejust another hypocrite.
所以,你是另一个伪君子
That’s not hypocrisy. It’s sin.
那不是伪善,是罪行
It was hardly that.
不是
Oh!
哦!
I have a question.
我有个问题
With absolute honesty and frankness…
要完全坦白直率的说…
list all the girls you’re interested in romantically…
列举出所有你喜欢的女孩…
in descending order of interest, and why, including significant detail.
根据喜欢程度排列,为什么,包括有意义的细节
I thought that was pretty obvious.
我想那很明显
I’ve had a crush on Serena, with some ups and downs, for over two years.
我追求塞丽娜,起起伏伏,追了两年
Recently it seems to have developed into something more serious.
最近发生了一些严重的事情
But who else do you like romantically?
还喜欢谁?
I don’t think it works that way.
我想不是这样的
If you’re really interested in one person, you’re not interested in anyone else.
如果你真心喜欢一个人,你就不会对另外的人感兴趣
I suppose it’s possible, but what’s the point?
我假定那可能,但是究竟什么意思?
But if that doesn’t work out, there must be someone else.
如果不是这样的,一定还有其他喜欢的人
If it doesn’t work out this time, I’ll be off romance for a long time.
如果不是这样的,我就需要很长时间来不想情事
I suppose this is embarrassing, but it’s hardly a revelation.
我认为这很难堪,但不是揭露
I’m sorry I asked him that. It was my fault.
很抱歉我问他这个,是我的过错
I always think other people are foolish. I’m the big fool.
我一直以为别人是傻瓜,而我才是大傻瓜
It’s better for her to know the truth. I don’t see how knowing the truth could do anyone any harm.
知道这件事对她很好,我不认为这会造成伤害
It’s not just the truth. It’s how and when you learn it.
那不是什么事实,我们都知道的
I don’t accept that.
我不接受
I mean, you… you were right about that game.
你对这游戏的看法是对的
It’s terrible.
那很可怕
You know, you may not realize it, Audrey, but everyone li… likes you a lot.
你知道,你可能没有认识到这点,奥德丽,而不是你
Thank you, but I find that very hard to believe.
谢谢你,但是我还是很难相信
It’s the truth.
那是事实
And it’s not just because you’re smart and good-looking and …
那不是因为你聪明,美丽…
and charming and have principles.
迷人和有原则
It’s because they can see that- that you’re a good person.
因为他们知道你是个好人
If you want to tease me, this is not the best time.
如果你想奚落我,现在不是时候
I mean, maybe this isn’t the best time, but for some time now, I…
我是说,可能这不是好时机,但是一直以来,…
Well, I like you very much.
我非常喜欢你
I mean, I-I know that you don’t yet feel that way, but …
我知道你并不喜欢我,但是…
No, please. Stop.
不,请不要说了
Doesn’t Serena look awful here? She’s not exactly photogenic.
这么看起来塞丽娜不难看吗?她不上镜
There’s one of you and Tom.
这里是你和汤姆
There it is.
这里
Maybe Cynthia’s right. That’s impossible.
可能辛西娅是对的 不可能
Her essential view is experience is good, and she’s set out to acquire it.
她崇尚经验论,并且她也获得了
I’ve been just the opposite. Everything’s been in my imagination.
我正好相反,我只是想象
All the romance imaginary, nothing real.
所有的浪漫事,都不真实
She’s a slut. That’s what Nick says.
她是荡♥妇♥ 那是尼克说的
He proved it. That’s unfair.
他证明了 那不公平
I don’t think so.
我不这么认为
I’m catching the dawn train upstate to East Aurora.
我要乘早车去东奥罗拉
My father’s place.
我爸爸那里
It’s the first time they’ve invited me in years.
那是这么多年来他们第一次邀请我
I can’t help wondering why my stepmother’s suddenly so willing to have me come.
我不得不怀疑我的继母为什么突然邀请我
If I should die while there, would you see that there’s a thorough investigation…
如果我死在那里,你会进行彻底的调查吗…
even if it looks like an accident or natural causes?
即使那看起来很像事故?
Would you promise me that? Yes.
你能向我保证吗? 是的
Even if I do return alive, I don’t think I’ll be attending any more dances after this one.
如果我活着回来,除了这个舞会,我就不会参加别的了
With everything that’s going on, this is probably the last deb season as we know it.
随着事情的发展,这也许是我知道的最后一个社交场
I don’t want to just hang around, watching the decline.
我不想四处游荡,看着失落
Everyone’s going tonight? No.Just me.
今晚大家都来吗? 不,只有我
The International is an inorganic debutante ball.
这是个随机的聚会
The others were natural outgrowths of local UHB formations.
其他的是UHB的附产物
This was assembled like a tourist attraction.
这种组合就像在旅游胜地
Each girl has two escorts …
每个女孩有两个舞伴…
one, a cadet in uniform from one of the service academies…
一个是,军校的穿制♥服♥的学生…
the other a civilian like myself.
另外一个是普通人
And the whole thing’s televised on Channel 9.
活动就是看九频道
You’re kidding. No.
你在开玩笑 不
I guess you could say it’s extremely vulgar.
我猜你会说这真无聊
I like it a lot.
我却非常喜欢
And these Texas and Oklahoma debs are really nice…
并且这些德克萨斯和俄克拉荷马的女孩非常漂亮…
a real relief from these hypercritical New York girls.
比纽约的自以为是的女孩强多了
What’s everyone else doing then?
然后做什么?
I imagine they’ll be glued to the set.
我猜是缠绵到日落
From the state of Texas, Miss Sabina Johnston…
来自德克萨斯的消息,萨拜娜·约翰斯顿小姐…
daughter of Mr. and Mrs. RoderickJohnston.
罗德瑞克约翰斯顿先生和夫人的女儿
She’s cute. But what about the dress?
很可爱 穿着呢?
Nick said he thought this would be the last real deb season.
尼克说这是最后的社交场
How come? Because of everything going on.
为什么? 因为事情在发展
Like what? Well, everything.
比如什么? 每样东西
The stock market, the economy, c-contemporary social attitudes.
股票市场,经济,社会态度
Is Audrey coming tonight?
奥德丽今晚会来吗?
She said she felt tired and thought she’d stay at home.
她说她感到疲倦想留在家里
She can watch Channel 9 equally well from there.
在那里也可以看九频道
From the state of Kentucky…
从肯塔基发来的消息
I’ll get it. Thanks.
我去开门 谢谢
Miss McLean, Mr. Von Sloneker coming up.
冯·斯隆尼克先生和夫人
Um, Cynthia’s coming up with-with Rick Von Sloneker.
嗯,辛西娅来了,和瑞克·冯·斯隆尼克
Oh, she mentioned they might come by. What would Nick say?
她提到过的 尼克会说什么?
What Nick says or thinks I couldn’t care less.
我不在乎尼克怎么说或者怎么想
I’ll get it.
来了
See you. Hi! Hi!
嗨!嗨!
This is Rick Von Sloneker and Victor Lemley.
这是瑞克·冯·斯隆尼克,这是维克托·勒慕雷
Tom Townsend. I’ve heard a lot about you.
汤姆·唐萨德 我听说了很多你的事
Of course you have. So, who was talking about me?
当然,那么,谁在谈论我?
Nick Smith? Yes, actually.
尼克·史密斯? 是的
That jerk. How could anyone take him seriously?
那个混♥蛋♥,怎么会有人把他的话当真?
He’s just a jerk. I think he feels incredibly threatened by you.
他是个混♥蛋♥ 我认为他感觉受到了你的威胁
What a clown. Is it true you’re a baron?
真是小丑 你是男爵?
As a matter of fact, it is.
事实上是的
I don’t take that sort of thing seriously though.
我并不把这个看得很重
That was Audrey. She is coming after all.
是奥德丽,她还是来了
Oh, Audrey Rouget? Uhhuh.
哦,奥德丽·鲁杰特? 嗯哼
She’s getting pretty attractive. What are we watching?
她很有魅力 你在看什么?
Oh, the International.
哦,国际
In a little bit more than an hour, the, uh, season will be over.
一个小时后就结束了
You really take that sort of thing seriously? I can’t.
你把这个看得很重要吗?我不能
There are a lot of things you don’t take very seriously.
有许多东西你不看重

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!