人们总是在和蜜蜂打交道 不是吗
Well, people work with bees all the time, don’t they?
蜂王浆是什么
What is royal jelly?
是工蜂的一种特殊分泌物
It’s a special secretion of the worker bees.
-名字里有个王是因为 -这是给蜂后吃的
-And it’s royal because? -It feeds the queen.
对啦
Bravo.
蜂王浆的治愈能力促成了我的专著
It was the jelly’s curative powers that prompted my monograph,
《蜂王浆的价值》一书
The Value of Royal Jelly
还有《有关岩山椒的潜在保健功能》
with Further Comments on the Potential Health Benefits of Prickly Ash.
-那是什么 -岩山椒吗
-What’s that? -Prickly ash, hmm?
在日语里 这是是山椒的通称
Well, in Japanese, hire sansho is the common word for zanthoxylum piperitum.
以前被拿来治疗各种退化性疾病
It’s used to treat various degenerative diseases.
贫血 血液循环病 关节炎
Anaemia, circulatory conditions… arthritis and…
那个叫什么
Hmm. What’s it called?
噢 还有衰老
Oh. Senility.
那是在开玩笑
That was a witticism.
最近的研究表明岩山椒比蜂王浆还有营养
The newest research suggests that prickly ash has far more promise than royal jelly.
以后我们就认准它了
Henceforth, prickly ash is all that we should use.
你还写了关于这对夫妇的什么了
Have you written more about the man and his wife?
-别心急 -是真的吗
-All in good time. -Is it real?
当然了 捏造的故事不值一钱
Of course. Fiction is worthless!
你停下的地方
The place you stopped.
为什么你想知道他妻子的香水是什么
Why do you want to know the wife’s perfume?
-玫瑰庄园是吗 -对的
-Cameo Rose, is it? -Yes.
总是会留香
Always leaves a trace.
西莫尔女士
Madame Schirmer.
西莫尔女士 我是托马斯·凯尔默 让我进去
Madame Schirmer, this is Thomas Kelmot. Let me in.
西莫尔女士
Madame Schirmer!
凯尔默 我警告过你
Herr Kelmot, I did warn!
你再来我就要报♥警♥了
You come, I call the Metropolitan Police!
女士 我朋友是那种 如果你拒绝让我们进去
Madame, my friend’s emotional state is such that, if denied entry,
他就可能会发脾气的人
he might not be able to restrain his passions.
让我们俩进去吧 我来负全责
Allow us both in, and I will take full responsibility.
-感激不尽 -这是哪位
-Thank you so much. -Who is this?
-这位先生是个侦探 -是吗 请让我看看他的证件
-This gentleman is a detective. -Ja? His badge, please?
他的名字是夏洛克·福尔摩斯
His name is Mr. Sherlock Holmes.
你介意我关门吗 风好大
You don’t mind if I close this, do you? Such a draught.
不介意 我在杂♥志♥上看过夏洛克·福尔摩斯
No. I have seen Sherlock Holmes in the magazines.
他是戴着帽子叼着烟斗的 绝对不是这个人
With the hat and the pipe. It was never this person.
西莫尔女士 我看到安进来
Madame Schirmer, I saw Ann enter this place,
我命令你交出她
I demand you produce her.
你妻子不在这里
Your wife is not here.
-你上次就这么说过 -你是在质疑我的诚实度吗
-You said that last time. -You question my truth?
奥斯瓦尔德 亲爱的
Oswald, my dear,
我们想知道你是不是这位男士的妻子
it is a wish to know if you are this man’s wife.
-不是 -你可能在伪装
-No. -You could be in disguise.
-我不这么认为 -看吧
-I don’t think so. -Voilà!
那是英国人叫做厕所的地方
It is, I believe, what the English call a water closet.
她就在这 我看到过她
She was here! I saw her!
凯尔默先生 如果你坚持要找你妻子
Mr. Kelmot, if you insist on following your wife
而你又雇我去做同样的事情的时候
when you have employed me to do the same,
我们中的一个就会被解雇
one or the other of us will find himself made redundant.
-他疯掉了 -他是个蠢货
-He is distraught. -He is a fool.
玻璃琴过去被认为是用于黑魔法的
The armonica used to be thought of as an instrument of the black arts,
说是用于召唤死去的人的
said to be used to call for the dead.
这似乎和玻璃的特质有关
Something to do with the nature of the glasses.
你不会真觉得这是真的吧
You don’t believe that, surely?
我信不信并不重要
What I believe plays no part in this matter.
凯尔默女士最后一次什么时候来的
When was Mrs. Kelmot last here?
好几周之前
Weeks now.
所以你给她寄的是奥斯瓦尔德课程的收据
Then the receipts you posted to her address were for Oswald’s lessons.
凯尔默在为他们买♥♥单
Mrs. Kelmot is paying for them.
弗拉·凯尔默很有热情 但依然不专业
Frau Kelmot is passionate, but an amateur.
她知道奥斯瓦尔德有这个天赋
She knew it was Oswald who has the gift.
-你知道她之前不在这里 -当然
-You knew she was not here. -Of course.
奥斯瓦尔德身上没有她的味道
Oswald doesn’t wear her scent.
我还是不信你就是夏洛克·福尔摩斯
You are still not Sherlock Holmes!
真贴心
How considerate.
你在等我
You waited for me.
你在干嘛
What are you doing?
试试看能不能分辨出我去过哪里
Trying to see if I can tell where I’ve been.
你自己不知道吗
Don’t you know?
福尔摩斯先生能通过观察一个人知晓很多事
Mr. Holmes can tell things like that just from looking at a person.
-你上哪去 -去看看蜜蜂
-Where are you off to? -See to the bees!
你必须先把早餐吃掉
You’ll eat your breakfast first!
我那天收到你阿姨的一封信
Got a letter from your aunt the other day.
她说在朴次茅斯有对夫妻开了一间旅馆
She says there’s a couple in Portsmouth opening a hotel there.
正需要个管家
Need a housekeeper.
我们为什么会想去住在朴次茅斯
Why would we want to live in Portsmouth?
-我们不能永远呆在这里 -为什么不能
-Can’t stay here forever. -Why not?
-我们就是不能 -朴次茅斯有什么
-Because we can’t. -What’s in Portsmouth?
-这对夫妻在那开了间旅馆 -你说过了
-This couple are opening a hotel there… -You said that.
你得把所有东西吃完了才能离开这张桌子
You’ll leave the table when you’re finished and not before.
我没吃完呢
I’m not finished.
你别吃那个日本垃圾
You don’t eat that Japanese muck.
这可是岩山椒
It’s hiro sansho.
-我知道你喜欢你喜欢在蜂房♥工作 -那是个养蜂场
-I know you like working with the hive… -It’s an apiary.
并且你喜欢冒险 当然我们不该靠得太近
And you like being given responsibility, but I shouldn’t get too close.
-蜜蜂不咬人的 -我不是在说蜜蜂
-Bees don’t bite. -I don’t mean the bees.
福尔摩斯先生不可能永远呆在这里
Mr. Holmes won’t be here forever.
你阿姨说旅馆说不定还能给你留个位置
Your aunt says this hotel might even take you on.
-他们有行李搬运工和 -他们已经有了
-They got porters and… -Have porters.
好了
Finished.
药商把你的东西送来了
Chemist delivered your things.
要我叫罗杰来打开这个木箱吗
Shall I have Roger open the crate?
不用 我弄完自己来开
No. I’ll see to it when I’m finished.
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
先生
Sir?
我知道罗杰是您的帮手 他是个好孩子
I know Roger’s been a help to you. He’s a good boy.
他总是那么聪明伶俐
He’s always been clever.
我和他父亲都不了解他感兴趣的事情
His dad and I weren’t the sort to know the things a boy like Roger takes interest in.
杰出的孩子都有着平庸的父母
Exceptional children are often the product of unremarkable parents.
我有一个住在朴茨茅斯的姐姐
I’ve got a sister. She lives in Portsmouth.
她的几个熟人朋友在那里开了一家酒店
A couple of her acquaintants are opening a private hotel there,
他们想让我和罗杰过去
say they’re willing to take Roger and me on.
你有一个姐姐
You have a sister?
真是没想到
Never would have thought it.
是薪水太少吗
Is this a matter of wages?

No.
我会考虑下这个提议
I shall take this under advisement.
你走的话 我妈妈会伤心的
My mother was sad to see you leave.
我现在为我没有戴猎鹿帽而感到抱歉
I’m rather sorry now I didn’t bring the deerstalker.
你说过你从不戴那个
You said you never wore one.
是的 但这可能让她开心
Well, yes, but it would’ve pleased her.
她喜欢小说里的那个 而你是真实的
She wanted the fictional. You are the real.
我不这么认为
Well, I’m not sure that’s true.
我一直很真实 直到约翰将我变成小说人物
I think I was real once until John made me into fiction.
那之后我就没什么选择了
And then after that, I had little choice.
要么扮演成他描绘的角色
Play the part as he’d fashioned it,
要么变得完全不同
or become its contradiction.
我其实很喜欢烟斗
I’m actually quite fond of a pipe,
但在烟斗成为我的标志后
but to smoke it, especially in public,
在公共场合抽看上去就很庸俗
after it became so well known a prop, seemed vulgar.
所以华生医生的想象影响了你
So, Dr. Watson’s imagination changed you?
我不喜欢想象
I’ve never had much use for imagination.
我更喜欢事实
I prefer facts.
当我还是个孩子时 我父亲带我来这里
My father would bring me here as a child.
这里被设计成微缩景观
It was designed as a miniature.
我们在这里像巨人一般
We walk as giants.
这些石头代表他所失去的生命
The stones represent the lives of those he has lost.
夏洛克先生
Sherlock-san!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!