-抱歉 打扰一下 -小姐 怎么啦
-Excuse me. -Yes, miss?
8:10的那趟是快车吗
Is the 8:10 the fast service?
8:10那趟是慢车 中间经停的
The 8:10’s the slow one, makes local stops.
那9:05那趟呢
And the 9:05?
那趟是快车 直达的
That’s the fast train, goes right on through.
-全部上车 -谢谢您
-All aboard! -Thank you.
全部上车
All aboard.
啊 蜜蜂都被你吸引了
Honeybees are attracted to you.
是香味 玫瑰庄园的味道
It’s the scent. Cameo Rose.
-哦 -她以为你是朵花呢
-Oh. -She thinks you’re a flower.
这个小家伙现在肯定已经晕头转向了
Must confuse the little thing no end.
我能坐下吗
May I?
坐吧
Oh.
非常感谢
Very kind.
啊 鸢尾花 生长能力惊人的东西
Ah. The iris. Amazing resilience.
只要有足够的阳光 它们就能长得飞快
Enough light and they will grow
即使在最贫瘠的地方也是如此
in the most uninhabitable regions,
不管是沙漠 冻土 还是石缝里
desert, cold, rock.
你觉得为什么
Why do you suppose it is
像鸢尾一样渺小不起眼的植物
that something as small and insignificant as the iris
比我们更强大呢
should be so much stronger than we are?
也许是因为他们更少受到外界的影响
Perhaps they’re less affected by what goes on around them.
-你是个植物学家吗 -只是业余爱好
-Are you a botanist? -Amateur only.
我经常沉溺在某种爱好当中不能自拔
I am, by disposition, a hobbyist.
事实上 我有一个特殊的爱好
In fact, if I may, there is one particular hobby
大概能博您一笑
of mine that might amuse you.
我能预见未来
I can see the future.
我能看看你的掌纹吗
Shall I read your palm?
我发誓不会有什么可怕的事情
I promise I’ll find nothing dreadful.
那我们的蜜蜂朋友怎么办
What about our friend?
-哦 -哦
-Oh. -Oh.
你的父母都已经不在了
Your parents are gone.
你母亲很早就去世了 你的父亲最近才离世
Your mother long ago, your father more recently.
你一直爱着一个
You had love in your heart for someone…
不 不止一个人
No, for more than one person.
但是他们都离开了你
But they have left you,
所以你的爱无处可去
and your love for them has nowhere to go.
你很痛苦
You’re in pain.
但是你又不能让痛苦左右你的行为
But you must not allow your pain to guide your actions.
你会被引向哪儿呢 你的掌纹模糊不清
Where that leads… The lines are not so distinct.
-为什么 -什么
-Why? -I beg your pardon?
你能看到这么多
You see so much.
可你为什么看不到接下来会发生什么呢
Why can’t you see what happens next?
-你的掌纹 -你说过了
-The lines… -Yes, you said.
把你那套夸夸其谈的小伎俩用到别处去吧 福尔摩斯先生
Ply your parlour tricks elsewhere, Mr. Holmes.
等等
Wait.
不行
I can’t…
我什么都不记得了
I can’t remember.
妈妈 妈妈
Mum! Mum!
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes!
他是吸了那阵烟才昏过去的吗
Was it the smoke knocked him out?
有可能
Could have done.
更有可能是他站起来的时候太快了
Most likely he stood up too quickly
一下子失去了意识
and lost consciousness.
这已经不是第一次了
It isn’t the first time.
上一个管家遇到这种情况直接手足无措
The last housekeeper didn’t know what to do.
他肯定是打算给自己注射这个来着
He must have decided to take it subcutaneously.
好吧 现在我们走不了了
Well, now we can’t leave.
他倒是保证了这一点
No. Made sure of that, didn’t he?
岩山椒呢
Where’s the hire sansho?
就是那些美洲花椒
The prickly ash.
如果它不在那儿 那我也不知道
If it’s not there, I’m sure I don’t know.
-你是把它扔了吗 -我♥干♥嘛扔它
-Did you throw it out? -Why would I do that?
因为你对它怀有愤怒和厌恶
For spite and malice.
你从哪儿学到的这种词
Where’d you get words like that?
字典上
The dictionary.
十有八♥九♥他拿着那些垃圾
Like as not, he took the muck himself.
把它们和信一起全烧了
Got burnt up with the rest of it.
那玩意可助燃了
Those can go on the fire.
是福尔摩斯先生让你烧的吗
Did Mr. Holmes say you were to do this?
他经常那样烧信的
He always disposes of that sort.
你怎么知道那些信里都有什么
How do you know what sort these are?
你想知道都是谁在给他写信
You want to know who writes to him?
自以为破了开膛手杰克案的老年人
Pensioners who think they’ve solved Jack the Ripper.
丢了猫的寡妇
Widows who’ve lost their cats
觉得全世界只有福尔摩斯能帮她们把猫找回来
and just know he’s the only man on Earth who can find them.
他是疯子们的最后一根救命稻草
He’s the last resort for every lunatic out there.
-这不是你能决定的 -这就是
-It’s not your decision. -It is…
如果我一直要充当拿厨子薪水的医护人员的话
If I’m to be a full-bore medical staff at cook’s wages.
他是个病人 他需要的是护士 不是管家
He’s an invalid. Needs a nurse, not a housekeeper.
他只不过是昏倒了
All he did was took a fall.
你爷爷精神矍铄 老当益壮了60年
Your granddad was hale and hearty
然后一下子摔倒了
60 summers then he took a fall.
之后只活了三个星期
It was three weeks to the day he died.
他应该在医院或者护理中心之类的地方
Should be in hospital. That or one of them places.
他会好起来的
He’ll get better!
他好起来的时候我们就走
And the day he does is the day we go.
明白了吗
Is that clear?
-哦 -你有一封日本寄来的信
-Oh. -Got a letter from Japan.
梅崎先生寄来的
It’s from Mr. Umezaki.
-你读过吗 -没 本来想读的
-Have you read it? -No. Wanted to.
欲望是罪 你可是个天主教♥徒♥
Sin of desire. You’re a Catholic.
妈妈说大部分寄给你的信都被你扔了
Mum says you throw out most of the letters you get.
你觉得这是为什么
And why do you think that is?
给你写信的那些人想让你帮忙
The people who write want you to solve things.
你一旦读了他们的信 你就会忍♥不住想帮他们的
If you read their letters, you’d want to help.
哦 不 你太过奖了
Oh, no. You give me too much credit.
原因很简单 要是我读了
It’s just if I were to read them,
我就会觉得有必要回信
I’d feel obliged to respond.
说不定梅崎先生是想让你回日本呢
Perhaps Mr. Umezaki’s asking you to go back to Japan.
哦 我不会再回日本的
Oh. I’ll never go back to Japan.
-为什么 -旅途漫漫而年力衰微
-Why not? -Long journey, old man.
-可你之前就去了 -那是以前
-You made it before. -That was before.
说不定你还能再弄到些岩山椒呢
Maybe you could get more prickly ash.
那对我恢复记忆一点用都没有
The prickly ash hasn’t made a bit of difference to my memory,
不比蜂王浆管用到哪儿去
any more than the royal jelly did.
好吧
Yes.
唯一能够对我的记忆有点帮助的就是你了
The only inspiration for any sort of recollections has been you.
继续 打开它
Go on. You open it.
他肯定是要告诉我他母亲去世了
He’s writing to say his mother is dead.
你怎么知道
How could you tell?
梅崎先生曾发誓永远不再联♥系♥我
Mr. Umezaki swore that he would never contact me again.
唯一能够让他改变主意的
The only thing that would make him change his mind
就是他母亲的遗言了
would be a deathbed instruction from his mother.
一个好孩子总是会听妈妈话的
A good son always does what his mother asks.
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes!
你不该下床的
You’re not to be out of bed!
门罗太太 我刚刚数了一下台阶
Mrs. Munro, I have counted the steps
从床到窗户 从窗户到
from the bed to the window, from the window to the…
不行 没有人看着 你什么都不能干
You’re not to do anything on your own.
就该把你捆在床上的
You’re to ring.
你应该摇铃的
I thought it was an imposition.
你要是没办法自理就更过分了
It will be an imposition if you lose your bearings
然后你又会倒在地板上 还得我来收拾你
and end up on the floor for me to collect!
没想到这居然已经成了劳资纠纷
I hadn’t realised that this had become an industrial dispute.
我一直在试着
I’ve been trying to calculate the likelihood
计算在一个不毛之地发现岩山椒的可能性
that we should find hire sansho in a place so utterly devoid of life.
这种植物十分顽强也说不定呢
Perhaps it is life reasserting itself.
您的岩山椒
Hire sansho.
味道怎么样
How does it taste?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!