但她的死却让我明白人性
Yet her death made me see that human nature was a mystery
是一个不能仅用逻辑去解释的谜
that logic alone could not illuminate.
我曾成功推理出她案件的来龙去脉
I had successfully deduced the facts of her case,
但我没有领会其中的深意
but I had failed to grasp their meaning.
我从没有如此感受到
Never had I felt
心中这样一种无法琢磨的空虚
such an incomprehensible emptiness within myself.
那之后我开始明白
Only then did I begin to understand
自己在这世上是多么孤独
how utterly alone I was in the world.
哈德森太太写信给华生
Mrs. Hudson wrote to Watson.
他立刻就来了
He came at once.
我们一起在曾经的屋子里 度过了一个多月的时光
He stayed with me, in our old rooms, for a month more.
我将那个案子的所有细节都告诉了他
I told him about the case, everything in great detail.
他将我从绝望的边缘拉了回来
He brought me back from the brink.
之后 华生把这个故事写了下来
And then Watson wrote the story.
他将我描绘成一个英雄
He made me the hero.
那是他对我表示善意的方式
It was his way of bestowing a kindness.
除此之外他不知道还有什么方法
He knew no other manner
能让他描述出此刻笔下的人物
in which to write the character he had created.
经过了这么多年 约翰依旧不了解我
After all those years, John didn’t know me at all.
为什么他会把手套收起来 我只能靠猜了
Why he took the glove I can only surmise,
是不是担心它会勾起我的回忆
was it to prevent it becoming too powerful a reminder,
担心它成为一口悲伤之井
to keep it from being a well of sadness
引我重陷悲伤
to which I might return?
但他也没办法毁了它
But he could not bring himself to destroy it either.
在那之后 约翰和我渐渐疏远了
After that, John and I were estranged.
三年后 他也离开了人世
Three years later, he too was gone,
我们都不曾互相道别
without us ever having said goodbye.
这也是故事的真实结局
And thus concludes the true story
女人不终天年
of a woman who died before her time,
而男人 直到最近
and a man who, until recently,
才寿终正寝
was certain he had outlived his.
罗杰又去看蜜蜂了
Roger with the bees?
很可能是的
Like as not.
我有些重要的事情要交代他
Must tell him something important.
你继续忙你的吧
You continue with whatever it was you were doing.
你问问他把洒水壶放哪儿去了
You might ask him where the watering can’s got to!
救护车吗 对 这里是海德里庄园
Ambulance? Yes, this is Headly House.
-海德里 -对 麻烦快点
-Headly? -Yes, quickly!
请带点肾上腺素液过来
And bring some supplies of adrenaline.
-海德里庄园 -对 海德里
-Headly House? -That’s right, Headly!
罗杰
Roger?
罗杰
Roger!
罗杰
Roger?
噢 罗杰 噢 不 不不不不不不
Oh, Roger. Oh, no! No, no, no, no, no, no!
罗杰 噢 罗杰
Roger. Oh, Roger!
福尔摩斯先生吗
Mr. Holmes?
我是吉尔伯特探长
It’s Inspector Gilbert.
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes?
我在这 探长
Yes, Inspector?
他们正在给那个男孩注射肾上腺素
They’re giving the boy injections of adrenaline,
就像您说的那样 但是
as you said to, but…
他并不见转好
he’s not looking good.
他当时正在躲那些蜜蜂
He was fleeing his attackers.
从他的脚印来看
His footprints.
看得出他当时非常惊慌失措
Their pattern shows that his flight was disorientated.
蜂群肯定一直追着他叮咬
The must have followed him in their attack.
而在他失去意识之前
And before he lost consciousness,
他的皮肤一定出现过潮红
his skin would have flushed,
同时伴随着灼痛感
accompanied by burning pain…
血压迅速下降 导致虚弱
A drop in blood pressure, weakness.
他的喉咙和嘴巴也会红肿
His throat and mouth would be swollen
这也是为什么他无法呼救
which explains why he didn’t call for help.
然后心率下降
Then a drop in heart rate…
呼吸困难
Inability to breathe…
陷入休克
Shock.
您知道他对蜜蜂过敏吗
Did you know he was allergic to bees?
我确定他不会
I was certain he wasn’t.
不 不 门罗夫人
No, no! No, Mrs. Munro, no!
你不能那样做
You mustn’t do that!
我的儿子 醒不过来了
My son… won’t wake.
他可能永远也不会醒来了
He may never wake.
他们在早上之前一直把我支开
They sent me away till morning.
你甚至都没有打算
You didn’t even have the decency
告诉我他究竟怎么了
to tell me what’d happened to him!
我不觉得这能有什么帮助
I didn’t think it would make a difference.
我是他的母亲
I’m his mother!
我是他的母亲
I’m his mother…
你把他从我身边偷走了
And you stole him from me!
他是我的全部
He’s all I had!
现在我失去他了
And I’ve lost him now.
为什么承受这一切的不是你
Why wasn’t it you they did it to?
-这都该由你承受 -这不是那些蜜蜂的错
It should’ve been you! -The bees were not to blame.
你只在乎那些蜜蜂
They’re all you care about!
不 我在乎的是罗杰
No! I care about Roger.
我非常在乎他
I care about him very much.
我养的那些蜜蜂 并没有蛰他
The bees… didn’t do it.
不是那些蜜蜂的错
The bees were not to blame.
蛰他的是黄蜂
It was the wasps!
罗杰试着弄清楚谁杀死了那些蜜蜂
Roger was trying to find out what was killing the bees.
于是他就到处找 他找到了黄蜂的巢
And he did. He found the wasps’ nest.
他想要阻止它们捕杀蜜蜂
He had to stop them wiping out the bees.
所以他可能做了最糟糕的事情
And so he did the worst possible thing.
他想用洒水壶浇那些黄蜂
He tried to drown them with water from his can.
你怎么知道是黄蜂蛰的
How do you know it was them?
蜜蜂蛰人的时候会射出刺 而黄蜂不会
Bees leave their stings. Wasps don’t.
罗杰的脸上没有刺
There were no stings left in Roger’s face.
当他们发起攻击的时候 他用洒水壶朝它们洒水
And when they attacked, he dropped the watering can
然后跑去保护那些蜜蜂
and ran up to protect the bees.
他的脚印显示他从蜂房♥到了黄蜂巢 然后又回到了蜂房♥
There are his footprints from the apiary to the nest and back.
-他想救那些蜜蜂 -是的
-He was trying to save the bees. -Yes.
是的
Yes.
从前 有一个女人
There was a woman, once.
我认识她不到一天
I knew her less than a day.
只聊过一刻钟的天
A quarter of an hour’s conversation.
她需要我的帮助
She needed my help.
她是如此渴望被人理解
She needed so desperately to be understood by someone…
被我理解
Me.
所以我仔细研究了她那个案件的细节
So, I laid out the particulars of her case as I saw them…
我想是为了取悦她
To her satisfaction, I thought.
我看着她离开
I watched her walk away.
几个小时之后 她结束了自己的生命
And within hours she’d ended her life.
为了搞清楚她为何如此绝望
By identifying the cause of her despair with such clarity,
我曾经给了她一份她想要的全权委托书
I’d given her carte blanche to do just as she intended.
我当时应该倾我所能救她的命的
I should’ve done whatever it took to save her.
当时我应该骗她 编造一个故事
Lie to her, make up a story.
当她哭泣的时候陪在她身边
Take her by the hand and hold her as she wept,
跟她说 来跟我一起住吧
and said, “Come live with me.
让我们两个人一起孤独吧
Let us be alone together.”
但我当时很害怕
But I was fearful.
也很自私
Selfish.
她是我
She’s the reason…
到这里来养蜜蜂的原因
I came here to my bees,
正因那样 我不能再伤害任何一个人
so that I couldn’t harm anyone ever again.
我会搬出去住
I’m leaving you the house.
离开你 还有罗杰
You and Roger.
房♥子 土地 蜂房♥ 这里的一切一切
House, grounds, apiary, everything within and without.
我心意已决
And as I shan’t change my mind
我相信你会理解 这样的话
on this point, you will see, I trust,
一切都会简单许多
that it will be greatly less complicated for all concerned
只要你们俩不要去
if the two of you don’t go off to…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!