不要想什么说什么
Don’t say everything you think.

Look.
-你怎么找到它的 -在你的书桌里
-How did you find that? -In your desk.
-不可能吧 -角落那里找到的
-Couldn’t have. -The one in the corner.
我打开它之前都不知道它是个书桌
Didn’t know it was a desk until I opened it.
噢 那不是我的书桌 那是约翰的
Oh, that’s not my desk, it’s John’s.
他离开贝克街去成婚了 把书桌留在了那里
He left it at Baker Street when he went off to get married.
是的 它有一个隔层
Yes, and there’s a secret compartment
里面就装着你笔下的那只手套
containing the very glove you’ve been writing about.
我知道你说过华生医生并不能总是说对
I know you say Dr. Watson didn’t always get things right,
但在那个故事中
but in the story…
我不再研究那个故事了
I am not working on that story anymore.
我知道 但在华生的故事中 的确有玻璃琴
Yes, but in Watson’s story, he does have the armonica in it.
和德国女士以及那个手套
And the German lady. And that glove.
所以也许他说对了的
So maybe he did get things right.
不 这不可能
No, that’s not possible.
约翰那时已经不在贝克街了
John had gone from Baker Street by then.
那为什么它会在那里
Well, then why was it in there?
我不知道 就算我曾经知道 我也不记得了
I don’t know! And if I ever did know, I don’t remember.
如果不记得了 那你为什么说它并不像
If you can’t remember, then why couldn’t the case have been a success
-华生医生写的那样成功 -因为这是我最后的案子
like Dr. Watson wrote it? -Because it was my last case.
如果我最后成功地了结了它
And if I’d brought it to a successful conclusion,
我就不能逃离我的职业
I wouldn’t have left the profession
在与世隔绝的这里度过35年
and spent 35 years here, in this place, away from the world!
我选择被放逐 作为给自己的惩罚 但这是为了什么
I chose exile for my punishment, but what was it for?
我肯定是犯了特别可怕的错误
I must have done something terribly wrong…
而我不知道它究竟是什么
And I’ve no evidence of what it was.
只能感受到痛苦 愧疚
Only pain, guilt…
无用 一无是处
Useless, worthless feelings!
我真希望我从没接手过梅崎的案子
I wish to God I’d never even taken Umezaki’s case!
-凯尔默的 -什么
-Kelmot’s. -What?
是凯尔默的案子 你刚刚说了梅崎
Kelmot’s case. You said Umezaki.
罗杰 茶泡好了
Roger. Tea’s ready.
最好把这里收收
Best clear this up.
福尔摩斯先生 你现在想喝茶吗
Mr. Holmes. Would you like your tea now?
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes?
如果你死了 蜜蜂怎么办
If you die… what’ll happen to the bees?
我不知道
I haven’t a clue.
一个人不可能解决所有问题
One can’t solve everything.
据说这是用来召唤往生者的
Said to be used to call for the dead.
死亡 哀悼 悲伤
Death, mourning, grief…
它们都平淡无奇
They’re all commonplace.
而逻辑则很罕见
Logic is rare.
死者并不远
The dead are not so very far away.
他们只是在墙的另一面
They’re just on the other side of the wall.
你究竟什么时候说的这些
Now, whenever did you say that?
把你的小把戏用在别处吧 福尔摩斯先生
Ply your parlour tricks elsewhere, Mr. Holmes.
只要我还为我的丈夫洗衣服
My husband could never succeed at deception
他就不可能骗得过我
so long as I do his laundry.
我不太知道你是做什么的
I don’t know much about your profession,
但我猜测你常常受雇去跟踪女人
but I doubt predicting the future of women you’re engaged to follow
预测她们的未来
is common practice.
这只是为了达到期待结果的一种手段
It was intended only as a means to achieve a desired result.
-这是为了什么 -为了拖延你的行动
-That being what? -To delay your actions.
为了不让你去那个急于达成的会面
To keep you from this appointment you seem so eager to make.
在我今天瞥见你之前
Even before I glimpsed you today,
我就察觉到你对你丈夫的强烈情感
I’d gleaned some of the passionate feelings you have for your husband.
他夺走了你深爱的音乐
The man who took away the music you loved,
否定你从课堂中收获的快乐
denied you the pleasures of your lessons,
甚至拒绝为孩子刻墓碑
even refused even to mark a child’s grave.
所有这些都体现了你深深的厌恶
All these predicted your antipathy.
接下来我就看到了你的举动
And then I witnessed your actions.
假冒他签名
Forging his signature,
提取他的账户
drawing down his account,
购买♥♥毒药 咨♥询♥他的遗嘱
purchasing poison, consulting his will,
计划和一个神秘男子逃跑 而他得到了不菲的报酬
planning an escape with a mystery man who was paid a handsome fee.
在我看来
And all for my benefit.
这一系列有说服力的情况
A convincing set of circumstances,
表明了你谋杀你丈夫的动机
signalling your intention to murder your husband.
但有两处破绽
But for two errors.
首先要怪你的丈夫
We must place blame on your husband for the first.
如果凯尔默先生没有闯入西莫尔女士的工作室
If Mr. Kelmot had not blundered into Madame Schirmer’s atelier…
把我从原计划中引开
and so taken me from my course,
你就不会在街上闲逛那么久
you wouldn’t have had to loiter on the street
以致于十分可疑
for such a suspiciously long period of time.
但你没有其他选择 只能闲逛
But you had no choice, so loiter you did.
我也留意到你身上并没有任何迹象
I would also make the observation that there is nothing about you
表明你是那种逛橱窗只看不买♥♥的女人
that signifies the type of woman who enjoys window shopping,
特别当你所看的是一个动物标本剥制店的橱窗
especially the window of a taxidermist.
这就是第二个错吗
Was that the second error?
不 这只是第一个错误的证实
No, merely confirmation of the first.
第二个是无法避免的 也是更确凿的
The second was unavoidable, and all the more damning.
车站的那个男人
The man at the station.
他身上的一切 他的衣服 裤子上的补丁
Everything about him, his clothes, the patches on his trousers,
他的双手 满是酸留下的疤痕和灼伤
his hands, scarred and burned with acid,
表明了他的职业
announced his profession.
石匠
Stonemason.
金钱肯定是他最急迫需要的
Money must have been a dire necessity,
否则你绝对不会模仿你丈夫的签字
else you would never have forged your husband’s signature.
这笔钱是为了买♥♥墓碑
The money was to pay for the headstones
这是你丈夫决不允许的
your husband would not allow.
为了格蕾丝和詹姆斯
For Grace. For James.
以及你自己
For you.
这样安排事情
Was arranging things to
让凯尔默先生看起来像是被蓄意谋杀的
make it look as if Mr. Kelmot was the intended victim
只是为了躲避我的追踪吗
simply to keep me off the trail?
当我看到那张卡片时 我太生气了
When I found the card… I was furious.
因为托马斯竟是那么不了解我
That Thomas should know me so little
以致于需要雇一个侦探来调查真♥相♥
that he had need to employ a detective to uncover the truth.
然后我就想到了
Then it struck me,
如果有人能够了解 那个人肯定是你
if anyone could understand, it would be you.
托马斯觉得我疯了 因为我和我的孩子们讲话
Thomas thinks I’m mad because I speak to my children.
他不理解
He doesn’t understand.
往生者们其实并不远
The dead are not so very far away.
他们只是
They’re just…
在墙的另一边
on the other side of the wall.
而我们 就在这边 我们所有人都太
It’s us, on this side, who are, all of us so…
孤独
Alone?
我一直都很孤独
I have been alone…
这辈子都是
all my life.
但我的思维能力是一种补偿
But with the compensations of the intellect.
-这就足够了吗 -可以说是
-And is that enough? -It can be.
只要他足够幸运能在这世上找到一个地方
If one is so fortunate as to find a place in the world.
在这里 他的孤独能够和另一个灵魂共处
And another soul with whom one’s loneliness can reside.
你知道这样的地方吗 两个灵魂可以住在一起
Do you know a place where two such souls might reside?
这是个我从未接到过的邀请
It was an offer unlike any I had ever received.
她想和我分享她的孤独
She wanted to share her solitude with me.
之后我才意识到我的决定多么可怕
It was only later I realised how fateful my decision would be.
你有一个爱你的丈夫
You have a husband who loves you.
回家找他吧
Go home to him.
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes…
我感激你
You have my thanks.
女士 我还可以为你做点什么吗
What more, madam, could I do?
她将瓶子里的东西倒了出来
She had poured out the contents of the bottle
并非蓄意地
and, with no malice aforethought,
给那个无辜的目击者下了毒
poisoned the innocent witness.
如果这是约翰故事中的一个
If it had been one of John’s stories,
他会将它称为一个预示
he would have called it a foreshadowing.
我和她共处的时间极为短暂
Our time together was fleeting.
事实上还不满一小时
Less than an hour, really.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!