Ah.. right then. Tonight.
您的房♥间在一楼 进去右转
-谢谢你 -祝您入住愉快
走吧 同志
你们要干什么
几位同志 是不是搞错了
刚刚发生了什么
Hey, what’s going down here?
乖乖 整个酒店里 到处剑拔弩张
Oh, the hotel is on high alert.
最近出了一起抢劫案
There was a robbery.
连库什尼都开始担心了
Cushny’s very worried.
周围的安保都是最高级别的
There’s top security round here.
你来自哪里
Where you from?
威尔士
Wales.
《西部邮报》派你来的吗
Are you here for the Western Mail?
我是特约记者
Stringer.
我是尤金·莱昂斯 任职于合众国际社
Eugene Lyons, United Press.
对 我有所耳闻
Yes, I know.
我是加雷斯·琼斯
Gareth Jones.
您写的关于电网建设的文章非常棒
I enjoyed your articles on the construction of the electrical grid.
介绍一下 这二位是都城维克斯的法警
You must know Metro Vickers finest…
都城维克斯:英国二十世纪中前期电气工程公♥司♥
L.C.桑顿和约翰·库什尼
L.C. Thornton, John Cushny
-你好 -你好
– How do you do. – Hello.
都城维克斯这周要在这里召开大会吗
Is Metro Vickers holding a conference in the hotel this week?
没有啊
No.
是谁告诉你的
Who gave you that idea?
走吧 我要去畅饮一番
Come on, I look like I could use a drink!
我看你很面熟啊
Why do you look so familiar?
你不觉得他很眼熟吗 莱昂斯
Doesn’t he look familiar, Lyons.
你就是那个采访希♥特♥勒♥的威尔士小伙子吧
You’re that Welsh chappie that interviewed Hitler!
那你更要和我们一起了
You’re definitely coming with us.
大家都去那儿寻欢作乐
Everybody comes to Duranty’s,
杜兰蒂家简直是莫斯科的天堂
the best party’s in Moscow.
真是的 我们都没到你们怎么就开始了
Oh hey, I see you guys have got started without us…
还搞得这么热闹
the party’s already in full swing.
他和我说 自己是政场的眼中钉
He told me he was persona non grata with the regime.
你知道为何吗
Do you know why?
你知道他之前都在做什么吗
Did you know what he was working on?
设想 你被禁足于莫斯科 哪也去不了
There’s not much else to do here, is there?
那估计你也找不到事情做吧 对吗
When you’re not allowed to leave Moscow.
那再想想 究竟是报道了什么不该报道的
And what kind of reporting can you do
才落得这样的下场
confines you?
等等 记者在莫斯科行动受限
Wait… journalists are confined to Moscow?
为了保护政♥权♥吗
For protection?
对 就是这样
Yeah, that’s right!
不是 难道他们就这么害怕间谍吗
What are they… are they paranoid about spies?
你读过爱伦坡写的《红色死亡面具》吗
Have you ever read Edgar Alan Poe’s The Mask of the Red Death?
-《红色死亡面具》这本书 读过吗 -没有
-The Mask of the Red Death. Have you read it? – No.
去搞份复印本读读 离被禁没几天了
Get a copy before they ban it.
那你知道
Do you know…
你知道政♥府♥的财政都源自哪里吗
Do you know where the money is coming from?
杜兰蒂说过 “粮食就是斯大林的黄金”
Duranty said grain is Stalin’s gold.
“粮食就是斯大林的黄金”吗
Grain is Stalin’s gold?
杜兰蒂真说过这句吗
Duranty actually said that?
这简直是个金句
That’s a hell of a line!
快去问问他 怎么不把这句话给刊登出来
Ask him why he never bothered to use it in print.
穆格里奇 巴恩斯 快过来
Muggeridge, Barnes, come over here!
劳合·乔治要采访采访你们
Lloyd George wants an interview!
我叫马尔科姆·穆格里奇
Malcolm Muggeridge.
-一起跳舞吧 -我叫加雷斯·琼斯
– Let’s dance! – Gareth Jones.
来认识一下邦妮吧
Have you met Bonnie?
这针是你自己给自己打吗
So you inject it yourself?
就像护士打♥针♥那样还是
Just like a nurse would?
你想不想试一次
You wanna try some?
那是什么感觉
What’s it like?
感觉就像
It’s like…
躺在上帝的怀抱里
being in the arms of God.
“以无尽辉耀为名的光芒”
“The Light Whose Name is Splendour.”
你说什么 亲爱的
What’d you say, honey?
就是
Oh, it’s ah…
一首威尔士的古诗中的一句
It’s an old Welsh poem.
《树木之战》
“Battle of the Trees”.
《树木之战》:收录于威尔士四大古籍,
相传上帝与泰坦进行战争时的武器是树木和石头
对啊
Yes!
那感觉就像诗歌♥一般写意
It’s like poetry!
-确定要来吗 -不 不 我还是 谢谢你
– Are you sure? – No, no, I’m… thank you.
那要不 你来帮我打这针
Why don’t you give it to me then.
-不 这 -你不会弄疼我的
– Oh no, ah… – You won’t hurt me.
下手轻一点就好了
You just have to be gentle.
还是不了 这样不太好
Oh no, that’s quite alright.
这么早就走吗
Leaving so soon?
杜兰蒂先生
Mr. Duranty…
琼斯先生
Mr. Jones…
玩得可还尽兴
Did you enjoy yourself?
老实说 我还从来没见过这种场面
I can honestly say that I’ve, never seen anything quite like it.
邦妮还好吧 她不合你的口味吗
Is Bonnie alright, not quite to your taste?
不好意思 您说什么
Pardon me?
或许 你是喜欢这种吗
Perhaps, perhaps you would prefer… her?
我来
I came…
抱歉 多谢
Sorry, thank you.
杜兰蒂先生 我是来这儿工作的
I came here to work, Mr. Duranty.
又不是什么丢脸的事
There’s nothing to be ashamed of.
在这里你可以放飞自我 随心所欲
You can do whatever you like here.
只是 我好奇
It’s ah… curious,
为什么克里姆林宫要把记者限制在莫斯科
that the Kremlin confines journalists to Moscow.
不必了 多谢
Thank you.
你不喝酒
You don’t drink.
我这美女如云 你也坐怀不乱
You don’t appreciate the gorgeous girls at my party,
琼斯先生 你真的毫无情调可言
You are rather dull, Mr. Jones.
我想 人生的情调可能在其他地方吧
There are other things in life, I suppose.
比如说
Such as?
比如
Well, ah…
普利策奖的获奖人就赤身裸体站在我面前
I’m standing opposite a completely naked Pulitzer Prize Winner.
普利策奖:又称普利策新闻奖,属于美国年度奖 ,新闻业的标杆奖项
我的人生也还是精彩纷呈 情调满满的吧
My life can.. can’t be that boring, can it!
过来 我给你介绍一下
Come here. I’m gonna show you..
这是我儿子
My son…
他拒绝学习英语
refuses to learn English,
是条俄♥罗♥斯♥汉子
proud Russian.
行吧
Alright…
晚安 琼斯先生 路上注意安全
Goodnight, Mr. Jones, get home safely.
晚安 杜兰蒂先生
Goodnight, Mr. Duranty.
你好
Hey.
你是从杜兰蒂家出来的吗
Were you at Duranty’s?
是的
Yes.
能麻烦你再回一趟楼上
Do you mind running this upstairs
把这个放在他的桌上吗
and leaving this on his desk?
上面就活脱一个鸦♥片♥窟 对吧
It’s like the opium den up there, isn’t it.
他的办公室在左手边第三个门
His office is third door to the left.
我刚刚好奇 就悄悄看了一下你的文章
I couldn’t help myself. I took a quick look at your article.
你看了吗
Did you?
-但是 -别出声
– But… – Shh…
谁啊
Who is that?
那是我的”老大哥”[监视者]
That’s my “big brother”.
我觉得写得很好
I thought it was well written.
谢谢
Thank you.
我对你报道的 关于斯大林
I’m interested in your reporting on
新建的坦克和飞机工厂很感兴趣
Stalin’s new tanks and plane factories.
是写给那些美国人看的
It’s the Americans.
杜兰蒂想把借此吸引他们的眼球
Duranty’s trying to lure them here.
所以说杜兰蒂在假扮和事佬
So Duranty’s playing peacemaker?
如果没有外商投资 大革命就没法进行
The Revolution won’t succeed without foreign investment.
-不是有英国政♥府♥吗 -还不够
– The British Government is here. – That’s not enough.
要让美国人觉得 他们这里财路亨通
The Americans need to see they can make money here.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!