仿佛收到了信♥号♥♥
as though at a signal,
所有羊冲了出来 大声地咩叫着
all the sheep burst out, in tremendous bleating,
“四条腿的好 两条腿的更好”
“Four legs good, two legs better!”
叫声持续了五分钟
Went on for five minutes without stopping.
当羊群安静下来时
By the time the sheep has quieted down,
它们已经错过了抗♥议♥的机会
the chance to utter any protest passed,
因为猪已经回到了农舍
for the pigs had marched back into the farmhouse…
杜兰蒂先生在等我
Mr. Duranty’s waiting for me.
请进
卡蒂娅
带他走
米沙 跟我来
你要知道 如果过你决定离开的话
You know, if you ever decide to leave,
他们是不会让你带着家人的
they won’t let you take them with you.
他们会把你的家人和你在政♥府♥手中的一切
They’ll hold them here. As ransom.
扣压在这里 作为筹码
Along with anything else, The Kremlin has on you.
我还以为你想要升职加薪
I thought you wanted a raise.
如果有合适的机会可以离开你会怎么办
What will you do when the offers come forward?
没有如果
There aren’t going to be others.
做煎蛋总要打破几个鸡蛋
You can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
这里进行的事情会改变全人类
What’s being done here, will transform mankind.
亲爱的 把那个椅子搬到这里
Darling, bring that chair, right here.
去呀
Come on.
你难道一点也不担心
Aren’t you the least bit concerned,
他们会对琼斯先生怎么样吗
what they’ll do to Mr. Jones?
你以为他们开始相信他了吗
They start believing him?
拿一下那个椅子 把它放在这里
Fetch that chair, bring it right over here.
就放在这儿
Put it right down here.
近一点
A bit closer.
我在莫斯科这么久 从来没有听说过
In all my time in Moscow…I have never heard
琼斯先生说的那种荒唐事
a tale as preposterous as that of Mr. Jones.
继续啊 打字
Go on, type!
自然 苏联的情况确实不是很理想
Certainly, conditions are not ideal, in the Soviet Union,
这个国家还面临着很大的挑战
There are still great challenges,
但是苏联走向现代化的步伐从未停止
but Stalin continues his march toward modernity.
走向现代化
March towards modernity.
你可以保护他
You can protect him.
好了
Right.
夸张一点说 加雷斯·琼斯现在臭名昭著
An exaggeration, of the now notorious…
他的虚假报道完全无法代表现今的俄♥罗♥斯♥
Gareth Jones, do not portray…the real modern Russia
这里的人♥民♥敬仰和爱戴斯大林
where Stalin is admired… and loved.
署名
Signed:
艾达·布鲁克斯
Ada Brooks.
好了
Yeah.
这是开启你未来大门的钥匙
Your passage to the future.
这是我的一个老朋友 在纽约当编辑
It’s an old friend in New York, it’s an editor.
那里只有银行家才吃人
The only monsters they have, are bankers.
你觉得你有选择吗 艾达
You have a choice, Ada?
想想保罗
Think of Paul.
我今早接到利特维诺夫先生的紧急电♥话♥
I received an urgent phone call this morning from Mr. Litvinov,
这位外事委员会的主任
Commissar for Foreign Affairs.
告诉我你擅自出行还惹了很多麻烦
He told me some disturbing things about your unauthorised trip.
我向利特维诺夫先生保证
I assured Mr. Litvinov,
你会撤回你向媒体发表的言论
that you will retract your statement to the press, and clear up this
然后立刻收拾这烂摊子
matter immediately.
否则他们会枪毙我们的工程师吗
Or they will shoot our engineers?
那不关你的事
That matter does not concern you.
苏联在把他们当人♥质♥
They are holding them hostage sir.
他们在威胁我们闭嘴
Blackmailing us from speaking out.
你严重违反了外国法律
You broke serious laws in a foreign country!
您跟我一样想知道真♥相♥
You wanted to know the truth as much as I did!
你几周前就被我解雇了
You were released weeks ago from my employ.
你已经不再为我和政♥府♥工作了
You no longer work for me, or His Majesty’s Government
如果你还有脑子的话就按我说的做
If you had any sense, you would do as I ask!
难道您经历了太多战争以至于对草菅人命
Have you seen so many wars that the murder of innocent people
都习以为常了吗
means nothing to you??
我怎么能撤回那些空荡的村庄
How can I retract… the empty villages?
那些被饥饿折磨的孤儿们
The orphaned children plagued by hunger?
我们还可以做点事情
We can still do something sir….
-我们可以帮忙 -琼斯先生
– We can still help. – Mr. Jones.
我们不能不追究斯大林的过错
We cannot let Stalin get away with this!
你究竟想让我♥干♥什么
What do you expect me to do, exactly!?
在我们经济满目疮痍的时候
Break off all ties,
与苏联断绝一切来往吗
when our economy is already on its knees?
你辜负了我的信任
You betrayed my trust,
你背叛了你的国家
you betrayed your country.
你必须公开撤回你的言论 刻不容缓
You will retract your statement publicly. Without delay!
你做得太过了
You’ve gone too far.
我不会保持沉默的
I… I will not be silenced sir.
他们在说你撒谎
They’re saying, you lied..
他们都这样说
They’re all saying…
一场东西方之间的外交危机爆发了
Diplomatic crisis has erupted between the East and the West.
最新的指控来自
The latest accusation comes from
一个叫加雷斯·琼斯的年轻人
a young man by the name of Gareth Jones.
需要注意的是 琼斯先生是
It should be noted, that Mr. Jones is
大卫·劳合·乔治的外交顾问
the foreign advisor to David Lloyd George.
这位劳合·乔治的顾问声称
The claim from Lloyd George’s secretary,
苏联在遭受饥荒
is that a famine plagues the Soviet Union.
我亲自跟各类专家聊过后可以证实
I spoke to various experts myself, and can confirm
五年计划期间的条件还比较艰苦
the conditions remain difficult during the five year plan.
-天呐 -但是我的读者们
– My god. – …but my readers will be reassured:
可以放心 饥荒之事纯属无稽之谈
that the famine story, is entirely false.
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》
New York Times.
杜兰蒂驳斥了我们的琼斯先生
Duranty debunks our dear Mr. Jones.
可惜了
It’s a shame,
他没有说他是劳合·乔治的秘书
he hasn’t mentioned he’s Lloyd George’s Secretary.
父亲好
加雷斯
Gareth.
我被赶了出来
我试过给你提前打电♥话♥告诉你

我去泡点茶
你可比我们都聪明啊
You were cleverer than all of us.
竟然沦落到这个地方
Last place I thought you’d end up.
我以为你到现在应该当上首相了
Thought you’d be Prime Minister by now.
威尔士这个世纪已经出了个首相了
We’ve already had one Welsh Prime Minister this century.
别再奢求了
Mustn’t be greedy.
我很高兴你来这里工作 真的
I am happy to have you here, I am…
我向出版商保证过
Look I promised the publishers
不让你接触外交和政♥治♥
to keep you away from foreign affairs and politics…
但是你可以涉足像文化之类的话题
But that does leave things like… culture.
布里恩 这是加雷斯·琼斯 还记得他吗
Bryn! Gareth Jones, remember him?
他回来了 王者归来了
He’s back! The legend returns!
-等等 文化 -是的
– Hold on, culture? – Yes!
我们要尽可能地帮助人们忘记
Anything to help people to forget
现在的悲惨局势 早
the terrible state we’re in. Morning.
我把你的座位安排在我旁边 没关系吧
I’ve got you in with me. Hope that’s ok?
我们会舒服得像
And we shall be as snug as…
早上好 早上好 早上好
Good morning! Good morning! Good morning!
刚刚从莫斯科传来的讯息
This just in from Moscow:
苏联会释放剩余的英国工程师并
The Soviet Union will release the remaining British Engineers and…
要我把收音机关掉吗
-不用 -最早可以下周回家
– No, no. – may be able to return home as early as next week.
在华盛顿的苏联官员今天有的庆祝了
Kremlin officials in Washington today, have much to celebrate:
在一系列与白宫的谈判后
After a series of negotiations with the Whitehouse,
美国正式承认了苏联
the United States has officially recognized The Soviet Union…
-干杯 -干杯
– Cheers! – Cheers!
美国的商业领袖一直在期盼这一举动
American business leaders have long welcomed this move,
因为这有利于国际贸易的发展
as a way to expand trade.
那位说服罗斯福总统的功臣就是
With the man credited for convincing President Roosevelt,
沃特·杜兰蒂
is Walter Duranty,
他的读者们称他为”我们的莫斯科人”
better known to his readers as “Our Man In Moscow”.
外面的生物看上去从猪变成了人
The creatures outside looked from pig to man,
又从人变成猪
and from man to pig,
然后再一次从猪变成人
and from pig to man again;

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!