什么意思呢?
What does that mean?
这意味着我是一个永远不会让宝贝女儿…
It means I’m a paranoid nitwit who’s never let his baby girl…
…离开他视线偏执的傻子,原因很简单,他是个偏执的傻子。
…out of his sight for the simple reason he’s a paranoid nitwit.
那么,为什么你不说,“哦,爸爸,”然后登上那该死的飞机。
So, why don’t you just say, “Oh, Dad,” and get on the damn plane already.
“再见了,爸爸。”我会想念你的。
‘Bye, Dad. I’ll miss you.
谢谢。我需要这样。
Thanks. I needed that.
我会回来的,就在137个小时后。
I’ll be back in 137 hours.
玩得开心!
Have fun!
别太多。
Not too much.
真的很难相信,我母亲的整个人生都在这盒子里。
It’s hard to believe that my mother’s whole life fits into this box.
我刚刚发现这个东西可以作为线索。 或带来好运气。
I’ve just got to think of this stuff as clues. Or good-luck charms.
但我需要不只是运气来解决这个难题。
But I need more than luck to solve this puzzle.
我需要一个奇迹。
I need a miracle.
抵港旅客,57航♥班♥,你的行李已到…
Arriving passengers, Flight 57, your baggage is now available…
…就在2号♥传送带。
… on Carousel 2.
抵港旅客,请去票务代理…
Arriving passengers please go to ticket agent…
…航♥空♥公♥司♥的预订口。
… at the airline’s reservation counter.
你在等人吗?
Are you waiting for someone?
对不起,我只是问你一个问题。
Excuse me, I asked you a question.
我不想和陌生人说话,甚至是修女。
I’m not suppose to talk to strangers, not even nuns.
你是维达,对不对?
You’re Vada, right?
– 你怎么知道我的名字? – 你的菲尔叔叔告诉我的。
– How did you know my name? – Your Uncle Phil told me.
他在哪里? 他本来是要和我见面的。
Where is he? He was supposed to meet me.
嘿,放松! 你以为我绑♥架♥了他吗?
Hey, relax! You think I kidnapped him or something?
这里是加州。一切皆有可能。
This is California. Anything’s possible.
如果我在寻找一个受害者,我也不会找你的菲尔叔叔…
Well, if I was looking for a victim, I wouldn’t pick your Uncle Phil…
比我重约150磅。
…who outweighs me by about 150 pounds.
再说,我会找谁要赎金? 你?
Besides, who would I ask for ransom? You?
你是否患有的内分泌不稳,或者只是一个态度问题?
Are you suffering from a chemical imbalance or is it just an attitude problem?
我唯一的问题是,你叔叔给我5美元来接你……
My only problem is that your uncle’s given me $5 to pick you up…
…但直到我把你领去,才能得到钱,。
…but I don’t get paid till delivery.
哎呀,这是个问题。
Gee, that is a problem.
放下来!我叫警♥察♥了!
Put that down! I’ll call the police!
你打算怎么办?告诉他们一个有礼貌的人帮你拎包吗?
What are you gonna do? Tell them that a polite person helped carry your bag?
你不是很有礼貌。
You’re not very polite.
我不认为你会感激我。但很多人会说声谢谢。
I don’t think you’re very grateful. A lot of people would say thank you.
– 谢谢你。 – 不要客气。
– Thank you. – Don’t mention it.
– 我还不知道你的名字。 – 我叫尼克。给你。
– I don’t even know your name. – It’s Nick. There you go.
– 好吧。 – 谢谢。
– Okay. – Thanks.
哦,太棒了!没有出租车。
Oh, great! No cabs.
我有个礼物送给你。
I have a gift for you.
– 谢谢。 – 不,谢谢。
– Thanks. – No, thanks.
– 他说,这是一个礼物。 – 是的,没错。
– He said it was a gift. – Yeah, right.
– 你看,我不需要你告诉我… – 出租车!
– Look, I don’t need you to be telling me to… – Taxi!
进去!
Get in. Get in!
你看起来像知道哪里去了。 我们要去哪里?
You look like you know where to go. Where are we headed?
走405公路到圣莫尼卡,然后到维特街再到日落广场。
Take the 405 to Santa Monica, then to Whittier to Sunset.
到了。看到这房♥子了吗?
Here you go. See that building?
我祖父建起来的。布达佩斯自动修理店。
My grandfather built it. Budapest Auto Repair.
这是我的房♥间,在那里。
That’s my room, right up there.
总有一天,都是属于我的。
One of these days, this is all gonna be mine.
菲尔叔叔!
Uncle Phil!
维达!
Vada!
看看你!
Look at you!
您好!嗨,亲爱的!你怎么样?
Hi! Hi, honey! How are you?
– 你看起来太棒了!雪莉怎么样?你♥爸♥爸呢? – 他们很好。
– You look great! How’s Shelly? Your dad? – They’re great.
尼克怎么样? 他有没有好好照顾你?
How about Nick? Did he take good care of you?
他很有礼貌。值得一个$5。
He was very polite. Worth the entire $5.
好了,知道。
Well, good to know.
谢谢。
Thanks.
把它还回去,尼古拉斯。
Give it back, Nicholas.
但我们做了一笔交易!
But we made a business deal!
无论这不错的老式把戏发生了什么?
Whatever happened to a good-old-fashioned favour?
我们家族与贵公♥司♥…
Our family’s been dealing with your company…
相處超过40年。无论它是不是有关系,我都没有看到。
…for over 40 years. Either the chain is here or it isn’t, and I don’t see it.
你想下来,并解释为什么…
You wanna come down and explain why…
因爲缺少零件,不能修复汽车?来吧。
…we can’t fix cars ’cause parts aren’t here? Come on.
我已经有体重問題了。 我不需要你的鲸脂(暗指潤滑油)。
I already have weight trouble. I don’t need your blubber.
我们達成協議了沒?還是我一定要和你的父亲说话吗?
Are we clear on this, or do I have to speak with your father?
谢谢。
Thank you.
是的,是的,我也爱你,欧文。
Yes, yes, I love you too, Irving.
你一定是维达!
You must be Vada!
哦,你的脸蛋!
Oh, what a face!
哦,如果我有这样的脸, 我也不会嚷嚷了。
Oh, if I had a face like that, I wouldn’t have to yell so much.
我罗丝。罗丝齐格蒙。 尼克的妈妈,没其他的了。
I’m Rose. Rose Zsigmond. Nick’s mother, among other things.
你是尼克的母亲吗?
You’re Nick’s mother?
你认为他被谁养大的,一群狼?
Did you think he was raised by a pack of wolves?
不要被他的发型误导了。
Don’t be misled by the haircut.
妈妈!
Mum!
谁知道,当我开始在洛杉矶最优秀的外国汽车店工作…
Who knew when I started working in the finest foreign car shop in LA…
我也找到了我生命中的希望吗?
…I’d also find the light of my life?
当然,他跳过来了几个步骤。
Well, he left out a couple of steps.
我要去归还那些单子。
I’ve gotta get back to these bills.
你会帮维达安顿好吗?
Will you help Vada get settled?
来吧。我会告诉你待在哪里。
Come on. I’ll show you where you’re gonna stay.
我们到了。
Here we go.
不是你刚才所期望,对不对?
Not what you expected from downstairs, right?
我把你的东西在这个柜子里。
Now, we’ll put your stuff over here in this closet.
您可以待会整理。
You can unpack later.
这是你睡觉的地方。幸运的是,这沙发床真的很舒服。
This is where you sleep. Luckily, this sofabed is really comfortable.
凭借个人经验,我可以这么说。
I can tell you that from personal experience.
浴室。你上厕所吗?
Bathroom. You have to?
罗斯和我的房♥间。
Rose and my room.
她住在这里吗?
She lives here, too?
对。就像一个快乐的大家庭。
That’s right. Like one big happy family.
这是尼克的房♥间…
This is Nick’s room and…
但你订婚了还是什么?
But are you engaged or something?
约会,认真交往。
Dating, seriously dating.
你渴了。 你想喝点什么吗?
You’re thirsty. You want something to drink?
当然。过来是个漫长的旅程。
Sure you do. It’s been a long trip.
你看,维达,婚姻是非常伟大的一步。
You see, Vada, marriage is a very big step.
没什么是轻而易举的。
And not something to be entered into lightly.
我只是想确定这一切是绝对没问题了…
I just wanna make very sure that everything is absolutely…
我要进入某种…
…right before I go jumping into some kind…
听起来像是你害怕承诺,菲尔叔叔。
Sounds like you have a fear of commitment, Uncle Phil.
真荒谬。我非常,你称之为什么呢?
That’s ridiculous. I’m very, what do you call it?
– 致力于吗? – 落实。
– Committed? – Committed.
那么,是什么意思你每天晚上睡在这里吗?
So, does that mean you sleep here every night?
是的,确实如此。
Yes, it does.
好吧,这不完全是约会,是吗?
Well, that’s not exactly dating, is it?
维达,我知道,传统上,很多事你不应该做…
Vada, I know that traditionally, you’re not supposed to do a lot of these things…
在正式结婚之前,
…before you’re officially married…
但这是非常特殊的情况。
…but these are very special circumstances.
当涉及性,总是“特殊情况”。
When sex is involved, it’s always “special circumstances.”
我的父母有过短暂但也是充实的关系。
My parents had a brief but intensely fulfilling relationship.
直到今天,她仍然是一个神秘的女人。
She’s remained a woman of mystery to this day.
你会解开这个谜吗?
And you’re gonna solve the mystery?
我都想过了。她去了威尔逊高中…
I got it all figured out. She went to Wilson High School…
所以明天第一件事就是,我会去那里找到一份年鉴。
…so first thing tomorrow, I’ll go there and get a copy of her yearbook.
这样,我能得到她所在俱乐部人的名字…
That way I get the names of people she was in clubs with…
…了解她的朋友。
…and find out about her friends.
然后,你就可以全部搞定。
Then you’ll be all set.
– 听起来像你非常有计划的。 – 必须的。我只有5天。
– Sounds like you’re very organised. – I have to be. I only have five days.
朝着正确的方向…
Just point me in the right direction and…
我会做的更好。我会让你的私人导游送你去。
I’ll do better than that. I’ll send you off with your own private guide.
我认为这是个人喜好。
I’d consider it a personal favour.
你这个星期不像有很多事情,对不对?
It isn’t like you had a whole lot to plan for this week, right?
没事的。
It’ll be okay.
给。
Here you go.
– 那是什么? – $ 10。
– What’s that? – $10.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!