是啊。
Totally.
问他是不是需要一个不错的大号♥手。
Ask him if he needs a good tuba player.
我会的。
I will.
雪莉怎么样?
How’s Shelly?
她没事。
She’s fine.
医生只是告诉她要在床上休息…
The doctor just told her to stay in bed and get a little rest…
并保持环境安静,以确保…
…and stay quiet just to make sure that…
好吧。
Okay.
“再见,爸爸。”我爱你。
‘Bye, Daddy. I love you.
– 我也爱你,亲爱的。 – 爱雪莉。
– I love you too, sweetie pie. – My love to Shelly.
雪莉病了。
Shelly’s sick.
我一定要回到那里把事情彻底弄清。
I have to get to the bottom of this whole thing and get back there.
她会没事的,宝贝。
She’ll be all right, baby.
是啊。对。
Yeah. Right.
这担心是毫无意义的。
It’s pointless to worry.
我没有被授权来跟踪平民的许可。
I’m not authorised to trace licenses for civilians.
他的名字是杰弗里帕莫洛伊,他通常开着’54福特皮卡。
His name is Jeffrey Pommeroy, and he used to drive a ’54 Ford pickup.
黑色与红色的内饰。
Black with red interior.
求你?
Please?
等下。
Give us a break.
你要做的就是打个电♥话♥。
All you have to do is make a phone call.
我告诉你,去忘了这个家伙。
I thought I told you to lose this guy.
警长,我知道上次我说了一些不应该说话,我根本不该说…
Sergeant, I know I said some things last time that I shouldn’t have said at all…
我认为你的口头禅是“怪胎。”
I think the phrase was “sleazoid geek.”
对不起,好吗?
I’m sorry, okay?
我们一定要找到这个家伙 因为他知道维达的母亲……
We gotta find this guy because he knew Vada’s mum…
他可以告诉我们她没有人知道的事情。
…and he could tell her stuff that no one else knows.
你还是在想让我犯法。
You’re still asking me to break the law.
不,我们希望你像麦琪穆尔德凡一样站起来 …
No, we’re asking you to stand up with Maggie Muldovan…
就像多年前,你应该做的。
…like you should’ve years ago.
我是霍伦贝克的田中警长。
Yeah, this is Sergeant Tanaka from Hollenbeck.
我需要一个人的地址,叫杰弗里·…
I need a current address for a Jeffrey…
帕莫洛伊。
Pommeroy.
帕莫洛伊。
Pommeroy.
他可能开着辆黑色的’54年福特皮卡。
He may or may not be driving a black ’54 Ford pickup.
周一出来。
Monday.
我周日就离开了。
I’m leaving Sunday.
你等下
Could you hold on for a second?
没有刑事指控我不能得到调查优先权 。
I can’t get priority without a criminal charge.
那就起诉他。谁知道呢?
Charge him with something. Who’s gonna know?
我!我知道了。
Me! I’ll know.
你想一辈子都是个大厅监管员吗?
Do you wanna be a hall monitor all your life?
您好!
Hello.
我现在就需要。
I’m gonna need this right now.
这家伙。
This guy.
我们认为,他可能跟踪州长。
We think he might be going after the governor.
二十分钟?好。
Twenty minutes? Fine.
给他打个电♥话♥。
Give him a call.
最糟糕就是挂断电♥话♥,对不对?
The worst he can do is hang up on you, right?
我觉得在他谈谈之前, 我一定要看到他的脸。
I feel like before I can talk to him, I have to see his face.
这个方法怎么样呢?
How’s this for a solution?
我把你载过去。你可以介绍自己…
We’ll take a drive over to his place. You can introduce yourself…
我想看看他的房♥子,但…
I’d like to see his house, but…
我不知道是不是有胆量去敲他的门。
…I don’t know if I’d have the nerve to just go up and knock on his door.
我不觉得我可以撑过去。
I don’t think I could go through with it.
然后,我们将继续开车。
Then we’ll keep driving.
你来决定。
You’ll decide.
你非常安静啊。
You’re awfully quiet.
你觉得我应该告诉爸爸关于杰弗里帕莫洛伊的事吗?
Do you think I should tell my dad about Jeffrey Pommeroy?
我不知道。他现在脑子里已经有不少噩梦了。
I don’t know. He’s got an awful lot on his mind right now.
也许有一天,正确的时间。
Maybe some day when the time is right.
也许吧。
Maybe.
再说,你的爸爸有他自己的回忆…
Then again, your dad’s got his own memories…
…他有他自己的生活。
…and he’s got his own life now.
我认为这是一个秘密,只是你和你的妈妈的秘密。
I think this is a secret, just between you and your mum.
秘密么?我喜欢。
A secret? I like that.
我想是到了。
This is it, I guess.
好了,我们已经走到这一步,至少我可以去敲门。
Well, we’ve come this far, the least I can do is knock on the door.
要我和你一起吗?
Want me to come with?
我应该自己来。
I should do this myself.
好吧。慢慢来。
Okay. Take your time.
我会去周围散步。
I’ll go for a walk around.
去吧,亲爱的。去吧。
Go ahead, honey. Go ahead.
您好。
Hi there.
我可以帮你吗?
Can I help you?
你是杰弗里帕莫洛伊吗?
Are you Jeffrey Pommeroy?
我是啊。你是谁?
I sure am. Who are you?
我是维达玛格丽特苏尔顿法斯。
I’m Vada Margaret Sultenfuss.
– 我的母亲是… – 麦琪。
– And my mother was… – Maggie.
麦琪的小女孩。
Maggie’s little girl.
我一直希望能见到你。
I was hoping I’d get to meet you.
你的意思是,你知道有我?
You mean you knew about me?
那是谁呢,亲爱的?
Who is it, honey?
这是麦琪的女儿,维达。
It’s Maggie’s little girl, Vada.
哦。哦,天哪。
Oh. Oh, my.
– 这是我的妻子,艾米莉。 – 嗨。
– This is my wife, Emily. – Hi.
你好。
Hi.
你能进来吗?
Can you come in for a minute?
我想是的。谢谢。
I’d like to. Thanks.
妈咪!爸比!
Mummy! Daddy!
我画的彩虹。快来看看!
I painted you a rainbow. Come and see!
这是维达。
This is Vada.
维达,这是我们的小女儿,凯蒂。
Vada, this our little girl, Katie.
– 嗨。 – 嗨。
– Hi. – Hi.
我们能不能让爸爸带着维达参观一下,好吗?
Why don’t we let Daddy and Vada visit for a little while, okay?
– 好吧。 – 好吧。
– Okay. – Okay.
– “再见。 – “再见。
– ‘Bye. – ‘Bye.
她看起来有点像我,那时我还是一个小女孩。
She looks a little like me when I was a little girl.
是吗?
Does she?
我很高兴你来了。
I’m glad you’re here.
你是吗?
You are?
是啊。来吧,让我们来谈谈。
Yeah. Come on, let’s talk.
我们有个学校作业来写个人,那个我从来没有见过的…
We had an assignment to write about someone we’ve never met…
我选择了我的母亲。
…and I chose my mother.
她出生在洛杉矶, ,因为我的叔叔菲尔在这里…
She was born in LA, and since my Uncle Phil moved out here…
…我来看望他。 然后,我找到了她的高中年鉴…
…I came to visit him. Then I looked in her high school yearbook…
我叫了几个人。一个家伙说,她去了加州大学洛杉矶分校。
…and I called a few people. One guy said that she went to UCLA.
另一个人说:我要联♥系♥希拉里·米切尔…
Another guy said I should call Hillary Mitchell…
希拉里米切尔?她怎么样了?
Hillary Mitchell? How’s she?
她过的很好。
She’s great.
虽然有点疯狂。
She’s a little crazy, though.
希拉里说,你有一辆黑色福特车…
Hillary said that you had a black Ford truck…
…我认识的警♥察♥和车管局联♥系♥…
…and this policeman I know got in touch with Motor Vehicles…
他给了我你的地址,然后我来了
…and he gave me your address and here I am.
这是一个很长的故事。
I told you it was a long story.
没关系。你知道吗, 你听起来就像你的母亲。
That’s all right. You know, you sounded just like your mother.
她在说着伟大的故事。
She told great stories.
疯狂的口音疯狂的的故事还有特效。
Stories with crazy accents and special effects.
特效?
Special effects?
当她说到闪电,就会开关灯 。
Like switching the lamp on and off when she was talking about lightning.
观众很喜欢这样的东西。
Audiences love stuff like that.
你妈妈知道观众的想法。
And your mum knew how to work an audience.
我不是非常了解她。
I don’t know very much about her.
我希望你能帮助我。
I was hoping that you could help me.
我会尽力的。
I’ll try.
没有人知道这是什么意思。
No one else knows what this means.
我们一直以来的愿望是在剧院工作。
The thing is we always wanted to work in the theatre.
我们开车去纽约,百老汇…
We drove out to New York, to Broadway…
就这些事。
…where it was all happening.
纽约全是花哨的法式餐厅…
And New York was just full of fancy French restaurants…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!