I just want you to love me, primal doubts and all.
你明白的 是吗
You understand that, don’t you?
我不知道那需要怎么做
I don’t know how to do that.
我一会儿再跟你说 麦克斯
I’ll be with you in a minute, Max.
截至7月的第1个星期《霍华德·比厄秀》收视率
By the first week in July the Howard Beale Show
下降了11%
was down 11 points.
歇斯底里笼罩着整个电视台
Hysteria swept through the network.
他是瘟疫 是天花 是伤寒
He’s a plague. He’s smallpox. He’s typhoid.
我不想再做这个节目了
I don’t wanna follow his goddamn show.
我要跳出8点档
I want out of that 8:00 spot.
没有霍华德·比厄作开场白 我有很多麻烦
I’ve got enough troubles without Howard Beale as a lead-in!
你们这些家伙把我的时间安排得
Scheduled me against
和《托尼奥兰多和黎明》冲突
Tony Orlando and Dawn.
全国广播公♥司♥有《大草原上的小屋》
NBC’s got Little House on the Prairie.
美国广播公♥司♥有《无敌女金刚》
ABC’s got The Bionic Woman.
你们得给霍华德·比厄想想办法
Do something! You gotta do something about Howard Beale!
让他停播 让他停播
Get him off the air! Get him off!
做些事 做什么都行
Do something! Do anything!
我们正在找接♥班♥人
We’re trying to find a replacement for him!
我们正在看试镜样片
I’m going to look at audition footage now!
怎么样这才能治好这病呢
And how when the sicks heal
老兄 我告诉你我看见它了
man, I tell you I saw it!
它好重啊 亲爱的 我看见了地震
It was heavy, baby. I saw the earth quake.
我还看见了血一般的月亮
And I saw the moon became like blood.
每座山每个岛都被移♥动♥
And every mountain and island was moved from its place.
不要 不要
No, no, no. Damn it.
如果我们要《地狱之火》 我宁可要比利·格雷厄姆
If we wanted hellfire we’d get Billy Graham!
我们想要信仰治疗师福音传教士
Don’t want faith healers, evangelists
或者是奥伯阿默尔高的激♥情♥演员
or Oberammergau passion players!
去年那个美国广播公♥司♥准备和他签约
What about that messiah that ABC was supposed to
以跟我们竞争的很棒的新救世主怎么样
have signed up as our competition for next year?
就是他
That’s him.
就是他
That’s him?
老天 关了
Jesus. Turn him off!
我又有了三个 不过你已经看到最好的了
I’ve got three more, but you’ve already seen the best ones.
一个斯波坎来的宗教指导
I’ve got a guru from Spokane
还有两个可以看见圣母玛利亚的”地狱之火”
and two more hellfires who see visions of the Virgin Mary.
我们找不到可以替代比厄的人 我们不要自欺欺人了
We’re not gonna find a replacement for Howard Beale. Let’s stop kidding ourselves.
羽翼丰满的救世主不是一群一群的
Fully fledged messiahs don’t come in bunches.
我们要不就继续用霍华德·比厄 要不就不用
We either go with Howard Beale or we go without him.
我的报告告诉我不用他好些
My reports say we’ll do better without him.
如果这种状况再持续下去 就会是场灾难了
It would be disaster to let this situation go on another week.
如果不是已经这样了的话
By then, he’ll be down 16 points
那时他会下降16% 而且趋势是不可逆的
and the trend irreversible, if it isn’t already.
我认为我们应该解雇霍华德
I think we should fire Howard.
亚瑟·杰森本人对《霍华德·比厄秀》
Arthur Jensen has taken a strong personal interest
有强烈兴趣
in the Howard Beale Show.
我今晚和他吃饭
I’m having dinner with him tonight.
让我再试着问问他
Let me have another crack at Jensen
晚上10点在我的办公室开会
and then let’s meet in my office at 10:00 tonight.
戴安娜 把你那里所有的观众调查报告给我
Diana, give me copies of all your audience research reports.
我需要拿给杰森看
I may need them for Jensen.
10点大家都没问题吧
Is 10:00 convenient for everyone?
麦克斯 我想时间告诉我们
I think the time has come to
我们得重新评价我们的关系了
re-evaluate our relationship, Max.
我也是这么想的
So I see.
我不喜欢我们的剧本演到现在这个地步
I don’t like the way this script of ours is turning out.
已经成了一出无趣的小剧
It’s turning into a seedy little drama.
中年男子为了一个年轻无情的女人
Middle-aged man leaves wife and family
离开了家 破产了
for young heartless woman, goes to pot.
就像玛琳·黛德丽和埃米尔·詹宁斯的《蓝天使》
The Blue Angel with Marlene Dietrich and Emil Jannings.
-我不喜欢 -所以你想终止这个节目
-I don’t like it. -So you’re gonna cancel the show.
-是的 -让我来
-Right. -Here, let me do that.
麦克斯 其实最坦白的原因是
The simple fact is, Max,
你是有妇之夫
that you’re a family man.
你爱家爱孩子这很美好 但是我不能给你这些
You like a home and kids. That’s beautiful. I’m incapable of any such commitment.
你能从我这里得到的仅仅只是几个月来偶尔做几次爱
All you’ll get from me is a couple months of intermittent sex
和像昨晚那样反唇相讥的 不愉快的小吵
and recriminate and ugly little scenes like the one we had last night.
我对我昨晚说的那些话道歉
I’m sorry for all those things I said to you last night.
你不是我最差的上♥床♥对象
You’re not the worst fuck I’ve ever had.
相信我 我还有过更差的
Believe me, I’ve had worse.
你不会噗噗的吹气
You don’t puff or snorkle
也不会像要死的人那样喉咙呼噜呼噜响
and make death-like rattles.
事实上 你在床上很平静
As a matter of fact, you’re rather serene in the sack.
为什么女人总认为她可以跟男人说的
Why is it that a woman always thinks
最残忍♥的事就是打击他的性能力呢
that the most savage thing she can say to a man is to impugn his cocksmanship?
我很抱歉我打击了你
Well, I’m sorry I impugned your cocksmanship.
我已经不是在校园后院里 比鸡鸡的小孩了
I gave up comparing genitals back in the schoolyard.
你看上去很容易接受分手这件事
You’re being docile as hell about this.
戴安娜 几个星期以前
Oh, hell, Diana,
我就知道我们之间已经结束了
I knew it was over with us weeks ago.
你会回到你妻子身边吗
Will you go back to your wife?
我会试试 但我想她不会欣然接受
I’ll give it a try, but I don’t think she’ll jump at it.
别为我担心
But don’t worry about me.
我能处理好 从前能 今后也能
I’ll manage. I always have, I always will.
我更担心的是你
I’m more concerned about you.
你不是靠酒精麻醉自己的那类人
You’re not the boozer type.
所以我想 一年 也许两年 在你失去控制或是
So I figure a year, maybe two, before you crack up.
要从你14层的办公室窗户跳下来之前
Or jump out of your 14th floor office window.
不用说了 麦克斯 我不需要你
Stop selling, Max. I don’t need you.
我不需要你心疼我
I don’t want your pain.
我不需要你更年期的衰退和死亡
I don’t want your menopausal decay and death!
-我不需要你 麦克斯 出去 -你需要我
-I don’t need you, Max. Now get out of here! -You need me!
你很需要我 因为我是你接触的最后一个真实的人
You need me badly. Because I’m your last contact with human reality.
我爱你
I love you.
这种痛苦的凋零的爱是你和你周围刺耳无意义的
And that painful, decaying love is the only thing between you
笑声喊声之间唯一的真实存在
and the shrieking nothingness you live the rest of the day.
那你就别离开我
Then don’t leave me.
已经太晚了
It’s too late, Diana.
你已经无法让我忍♥受了
There’s nothing left in you that I can live with.
你是像霍华德一样的人
You’re one of Howard’s humanoids
如果我和你一起 我会毁掉
and if I stay with you, I’ll be destroyed.
就像霍华德·比厄已经毁掉一样
Like Howard Beale was destroyed.
就像劳伦·霍布斯已经毁掉一样
Like Laureen Hobbs was destroyed.
就像所有你和电视所触及的事物一样 都会被毁掉
Like everything that you and the institution of television touch is destroyed.
你是电视的化身
You’re television incarnate, Diana.
对痛苦漠不关心
Indifferent to suffering,
对快乐感觉迟钝
insensitive to joy.
生活就只剩下平庸普通的碎石块儿
All of life is reduced to the common rubble of banality.
战争 谋杀 死亡
War, murder, death
对你来说就像几瓶啤酒一样
all the same to you as bottles of beer.
每天的生活只是一出漏洞百出的喜剧
And the daily business of life is a corrupt comedy.
你甚至把时间和空间的感觉
You even shatter the sensations of time and space
都分散成了片刻和瞬间重播
into split seconds and instant replays.
你疯了 戴安娜
You’re madness, Diana.
疯到骨子里无药可救了
Virulent madness.
你接触的事物都会随你而死去
And everything you touch dies with you.
除了我
But not me.
只要我还能感到快乐
Not as long as I can feel pleasure
和痛苦
and pain
还有爱
and love.
所以这是一个好结局
And it’s a happy ending.
任性的丈夫认识清自己的感觉
Wayward husband comes to his senses
回到了妻子身边
returns to his wife
她才是那个和自己一起建立长久持续的爱的人
with whom he’s established a long and sustaining love.
无情的年轻女人独自守着她冰冷的寂寞
Heartless young woman left alone in her arctic desolation.
音乐渐响
Music up with a swell.
片尾广♥告♥
Final commercial.
下周节目的片断
And here are a few scenes from next week’s show.
进展如何
How did it go?
杰森先生对终止霍华德·比厄的节目

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!