不 我要回答
No, I will answer that.
我的丈夫与这件事情绝对没有半点关系
My husband had absolutely nothing to do with this.
他以前也在这儿被拘留过一段时间 是吗
He was briefly detained here, too, wasn’t he?
-待审驱逐 -是的
– Pending deportation? – Yes, he was.
-之后你就嫁给他了 -是
– And then you married him. – Yes.
他的文件已经重新上交了
His paperwork has been resubmitted.
-他每星期都来这里登记 -他是个穆♥斯♥林♥
– He signs in here once a week. – He’s a Muslim.
你说什么
I’m sorry?
他是库尔德土耳其人
He’s a Kurdish Turk
正在英国寻求永久居留权
seeking permanent residence in Britain.
鉴于萨♥达♥姆♥·侯赛因对库尔德人♥民♥的暴行
And given what Saddam Hussein has done to the Kurdish people,
他用生化武器杀害了18万库尔德人
murdering over 180,000 of them with chemical weapons,
我可以向你保证
I can assure you
我丈夫对于伊♥拉♥克♥政♥权♥
my husband has absolutely no sympathy whatsoever
绝对没有任何同情心
with the Iraqi regime.
那你为什么要泄露那份
Then why did you leak a memo
本打算让萨♥达♥姆♥·侯赛因下台的简报
intended to help remove Saddam Hussein?
因为袭击伊♥拉♥克♥
‘Cause by attacking Iraq,
并不仅仅是袭击萨♥达♥姆♥·侯赛因
you don’t simply attack Saddam Hussein,
而是袭击这个有三千多万人口的国家
you attack the country of over 30 million people!
我无法想象也不能忍♥受战争会带来的
And I cannot bear to think of the pain and the suffering
痛苦和灾难
that that will cause.
说实话 我觉得没人可以忍♥受
Frankly, I don’t see how anyone can bear it.
探长 她会被正式起诉吗
Detective, is she going to be formally charged?
那是总检察长的决定
That’s a decision for the Attorney General.
戈德史密斯大人还需要时间
Lord Goldsmith will need time
来考虑如何处置你
to decide how to deal with you.
在你支付保释金后
The custody sergeant will release you
负责羁押的警官今天会将你释放
on police bail today.
会有人告知你 在大概三个月以后
You’ll be told to return to the station
返回警♥察♥局
in approximately three months,
届时我们将做出关于
by which time a decision on whether to charge you
你是否被起诉的决定
will have been made.
你还好吧 亲爱的
Are you all right, Janum?
-你还好吧 -还好 过来
– Are you all right? – Yeah, come on.
凯瑟琳
Katharine?
很抱歉 我一直都是处理小型罪犯的
I’m sorry. I deal mostly with petty criminals,
酒鬼和瘾君子之类的
drunks and drug addicts.
如果你被起诉了 你得找一个
If you’re charged, you’re gonna need someone
比我更有经验的人
with a lot more experience than me.
-我明白了 -你听说过自♥由♥组织吗
– I see. – Have you heard of Liberty?
自♥由♥组织 英国人♥权♥组织 旨在保护公民自♥由♥
他们接手人♥权♥案件
They handle human rights cases,
政♥治♥案件 通常都是无偿的
political cases, often for free.
我只是想让你知道这个
Well… I just wanted to be sure you knew that.
-祝你好运 -谢谢
– Good luck. – Thank you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
乔治·沃克·布♥什♥对联♥合♥国♥的耐心
George W. Bush’s patience
正在消磨殆尽
with the United Nation has run out
因为他们一直未争取到
because they haven’t managed to get those nine votes
可以使他们成为所谓的”道德多数派”的
at the Security Council which would give them,
安♥理♥会♥的九张赞同票
what they call, a moral majority.
道德多数派 1970年代宗教右♥派♥崛起时兴起的政♥治♥游说团体
支持保守基♥督♥教派 小布♥什♥属共和党中的极右♥派♥
这标志着美国外交手段彻头彻尾的失败
That represents a real failure of American diplomacy.
此人正在就战争合法性
This is the man who’s advising Tony Blair
向英国首相托尼·布莱尔进言
on the legality of war.
据我所知 总检察长戈德史密斯
The Attorney General Lord Goldsmith
曾告知首相
has, I understand, told the Prime Minister
若无第二项决议 军事行动就是合法的
military action would be legal without a second resolution.
2002年之前 安♥理♥会♥已通过关于伊♥拉♥克♥的16项决议
2003年 英 美 西班牙提出一条新的决议 被称为”第二项决议”
“第二项决议”遭到否决后 安♥理♥会♥之前本已授权的入侵反而变得更困难
但这种说法引发了争议
But it’s all down to interpretation.
她在说什么 他们还没拿到赞同票
What is she saying? They have not got the votes
但是无论如何都要开战吗
but they’re going to war, anyway?
…坚称原来的联♥合♥国♥决议不再生效
…arguing old UN resolutions don’t count
若无新决议或新威胁 战争即为非法
and war is illegal without a new one or a new threat.
因此军队已就位
So the troops are in place.
部分联♥合♥国♥观察员正在撤出伊♥拉♥克♥
Some UN inspectors are quitting Iraq.
我们离战争还有多远
Just how close are we to war?
费格斯在对现有的证据进行评估 费格斯
Fergus has been assessing the evidence. Fergus?
如今所有迹象表明
All the signs are now
战争正在步步逼近
that war is very, very close now…
你好
Hi.
-你想进来吗 -不用 不用
– Do you wanna come in? – Oh, no, no, no.
我已经收拾好 准备去伦敦了
I’m all packed for London.
我只是
I just, um…
我只是想说 我觉得你的所作所为很勇敢
I just wanted to say, I think that what you did was amazing.
-真的吗 -是的 很多人都这么想
– You do? – Yeah. A lot of us do.
真的吗
Really?
他们会起诉你吗
Are they going to charge you?
我不知道
I don’t know.
天哪 凯特 我很抱歉
God, Kat, I’m so sorry.
你没做错什么
Hey, you didn’t do anything wrong.
我也没做什么正确的事 我…
I didn’t do anything right. I…
我得走了 再见
I better be going. Bye.
三天后
2003年3月20日
我的美国同胞们
My fellow citizens,
此时此刻 美国及其盟军军队
at this hour, American and coalition forces
正处于采用军事行动解除伊♥拉♥克♥武装的
are in the early stages of military operations
初期阶段 从而解放伊♥拉♥克♥人♥民♥
to disarm Iraq, to free its people
并且防止世界陷入危险之中
and to defend the world from grave danger.
我们的国家并不情愿卷入这次冲突
Our nation enters this conflict reluctantly,
但我们的目的是明确的
yet our purpose is sure.
美国人♥民♥ 我们的朋友 以及盟军
The people of the United States and our friends and allies
不会任凭非法政♥权♥摆布而无动于衷
will not live at the mercy of an outlaw regime
他们持有威胁和平的大规模杀伤性武器
that threatens the peace with weapons of mass murder.
我们如今要直面威胁了
We will meet that threat now.
我们本该早点拿到那份简报
We should have got that memo out sooner.
我们已经尽力了 我们失败了
We did what we could. We fucking failed.
正是为了在我们的城市里 街道上
so that we do not have to meet it later
不必让消防员 警♥察♥ 医生
with armies of firefighters and police and doctors
组成军队 去对抗他们
on the streets of our cities.
现如今战争已经来临
Now that conflict has come,
缩短战争时间的唯一途径
the only way to limit its duration
就是使用压倒性的武装力量
is to apply decisive force.
我太他妈天真了
I’m so fucking naive.
这绝不会是一次半途而废的行动
This will not be a campaign of half measures
我们能接受的唯一结果就是胜利
and we will accept no outcome but victory.
我得走了
I have to go.
你想到咖啡厅来吗
You want to come to the cafe?
和我一起工作
Work with me?
我晚点打给你
I’ll call you later.
如果我们打电♥话♥
If we use the phones,
他们会监听的
they’ll be listening.
让他们听吧
Let them listen.
我们光明磊落
We have nothing to hide.
你该联♥系♥一下那些律师
You should contact those lawyers…
就今天
…today.
拜托了
Please.
-你好 -你好 我是凯瑟琳
– Hello? – Hi. Uh, it’s Katharine.
凯瑟琳·冈恩 我今早打过电♥话♥
Uh, Katharine Gun. I phoned this morning.
对 凯瑟琳 请上来吧
Oh, yes, Katharine. Please, um, come on up.
-凯瑟琳吗 -你好
– Katharine? – Hello.
我是詹姆斯 很高兴见到你
James. Lovely to meet you.
-谢谢你抽空见我 -没事
– Thanks for seeing me. – Not at all.
抱歉装♥修♥这么简陋
I’m sorry about the decor.
我们更多地把心思花在委托人身上
We like to say we focus more on our clients.
这位是沙米·查卡巴提 我们的主管
This is Shami Chakrabarti, our director.
-你好 凯瑟琳 -这位是本·艾默森
– Hello, Katharine. – And this is Ben Emmerson.
你好
Hi.
你好
Hello.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!