这不是为了增加阅读量吗
Hey, we’re building awareness.
丹尼尔·埃尔斯伯格怎么样
How about Daniel Ellsberg?
他公开了五角大楼文件
He leaked the Pentagon Papers.
我知道埃尔斯伯格是谁 马丁
I know who Ellsberg is, Martin.
那是自然了 请原谅我
Of course you do. Forgive me.
埃尔斯伯格将其描述为
Well, Ellsberg described it as…
我见过最重要最勇敢的泄密
The most important and courageous leak I’ve ever seen.
没有其他人做过她做的事
No one else has ever done what she did.
以身犯险道出秘密真♥相♥
Tell secret truths at personal risks
尽可能及时避免迫在眉睫的战争
before an imminent war, in time, possibly, to avert it.
很好 很有水准
Okay, that’s classy.
我去去就回
I’ll be quick.
你在等一个高个男人吗
Are you waiting for the tall man?
-深色头发的那个 -是的
– The dark-haired one? – Yeah.
他大声叫喊说他妻子在外面
He was shouting that his wife was outside.
-警♥察♥把他带走了 -什么
– They took him. – What?
警♥察♥把他带走了
They took him.
他在哪里
Where is he?
抱歉 您是哪位
Sorry. Who are you?
我是亚萨尔·冈恩的妻子 我丈夫在哪里
I’m Yasar Gun’s wife. Where’s my husband?
我很抱歉 女士 他被安排驱逐出境了
I’m sorry, ma’am. He’s scheduled for deportation.
什么
What?
不 不 不 不 不可能
No. No, no. Uh, no, no.
听着 这里一定有什么误会
Look, look, there’s been some sort of mistake.
我现在就要见我的丈夫
I need to see my husband right now.
这我恐怕办不到
I’m afraid that’s not possible.
你不能进去
You can’t go in there!
拜托 拜托 拜托 拜托 拜托
Please. Please, please, please, please.
让我见他吧 求求你了
Let me see him, please.
行行好吧 他什么东西都没有带
Please, he doesn’t have anything with him.
他一分钱都没有
He doesn’t even have any money.
我很抱歉 他已经被带走了
I’m sorry. They’ve already taken him.
不 不知道 他们不肯说在哪里
No, no. They won’t say where.
我不知道
I don’t know.
天啊 詹姆斯 我不知道该怎么办
Oh, God, James, I don’t know what to do.
凯瑟琳 我很抱歉 我在海牙
Katharine, I’m so sorry. I’m at the Hague.
-你的议员是谁 -我不知道
– Who’s your MP? – I don’t know.
-是纳吉尔·琼斯吗 -纳吉尔·琼斯 对 是他
– Is it Nigel Jones? – Nigel Jones, yes. Yeah.
你结婚证在身边吗?
Do you have your marriage certificate?
当然了 在家里 是的
Uh, yeah, yeah, somewhere. Right.
找到结婚证 我去找纳吉尔
Find it and I’ll track Nigel down.
他们当然是合法结婚的 贝弗利
Of course they’re legally married, Beverly.
我手上拿的就是他们的结婚证
I’m holding their marriage certificate.
我很抱歉 但是他继续
I’m sorry, but his application
留在这个国家的申请被拒绝了
to remain in this country has been denied.
是被错误地拒绝了
Mistakenly.
他遵守了你们部门
He’s complied with every directive
要求的每一项指令
your department’s issued.
纳吉尔 你的选民被起诉于
Nigel, your constituent is accused
背叛她的国家
of betraying her country.
你真的觉得我们应该帮助她的丈夫吗
Do you really think we should be helping her husband?
我想在她面临审判时驱逐她丈夫
I think deporting her husband when she’s facing a trial
看起来像是国家霸凌
looks like state bullying.
好吧 我会复审他文件的
All right, I’ll review his paperwork.
多谢你了
Thank you.
请确保他今晚不会被飞机遣返
And please make sure he’s not flown out tonight.
我很抱歉 我暂时只能做这么多了
I’m sorry. Best I can do for now.
我保证明天一来就继续跟进这件事
I promise I will pick this up first thing tomorrow.

Hello?
我们查到他在哈蒙兹沃思拘留中心
We tracked him to Harmondsworth Detention Center.
是一个在希思罗机场的驱逐中心
It’s a deportation center at Heathrow Airport
就在M-25登机口处
right off the M-25.
去正门那里等着
Go to the main gate and wait there.
他们会放了他吗
Uh, are they gonna release him?
我们有内阁的批准 但还没有文件
We have ministerial approval but no paperwork yet.
有可能他已经
There is a possibility
被送上飞机了
he’s already been put on a plane.
什么
What?
我还在查 你尽快赶过去
Yeah, I’m checking. Just get there as soon as you can.
出去 走吧 快点
Out you go. Let’s go. Move it.
这搞错了 先生 这弄错了
This is a mistake, sir. This is a mistake.
走吧
Come on.
求您了
Please.
我要给我妻子打电♥话♥
I need to call my wife.
我必须给我妻子打电♥话♥
I must call my wife!
下一个
Next in line.
有人吗 有人吗
Hello? Hello?

Yeah?
詹姆斯 我不知道我是不是来对地方了
James, James, um, I don’t know if I’m even at the right place.
对对对 我知道 但现在是凌晨4点
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, but it’s 4:00 a.M.
这里没人
There’s nobody to talk to.
等等 有人来了 等等
Wait, wait. Someone’s coming. Wait.
天啊 我的天啊
Oh, my God. Oh, my God.
对不起 真对不起 我真对不起你
I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry.
-没事 -你还好吗
– It’s all right. – You okay?
-我没事 -你还好吗
– I’m okay. – Are you okay?
-你还好吗 -我没事
– You’re okay? – Yeah, yeah.
如果他们再这么做
If they try and pull anything like that again,
我就公布于众
then I want to go public.
-这主意不太好 -为什么不好
– Not a good idea. – Why not?
因为人们反复无常 有人会恨你
Because people are fickle. Many will hate you.
你的私生活会被人指摘
Your personal lives will be picked apart,
你的婚姻将会备受拷问
your marriage will be interrogated.
其实我们觉得
In fact, we think it will be best
最好不要让亚萨尔卷进来
if Yasar was kept well out of this.
你最好不要参加审讯
You should probably not attend the trial.
-我懂 -什么 不
– I understand. – What? No.
亲爱的 道理我们都懂
Janum, we both know the jury will prefer
没嫁给移♥民♥的英国女孩会更受陪审团喜欢
an English girl without an immigrant husband.
你知道吗 这太荒谬了
You know what? That is ridiculous.
我们结婚了 这没有什么可羞耻的
We are married and we have nothing to be ashamed of.
羞耻的是他们 不是你
The shame is on them, not you.
你不需要冒着失去自♥由♥的危险去证明它
You don’t need to risk your freedom to prove it.
我们应该讨论一下你怎么申辩
We should discuss how you’ll plead.
当然是无罪
Not guilty.
你知道你已经承认了吧
But you understand you confessed.
我承认我泄露了一份简报是为了挽救生命
I confessed that I leaked a memo in order to try and save lives.
我们会用这个论点来要求减刑
And we will use that argument to ask for a reduced sentence.
如果你认罪 就不需要上庭
If you do plead guilty, there will be no jury.
你只需要蹲不到六个月就出狱
You could be out of jail in less than six months.
考虑到战争的残酷性
Given how badly the war is going,
我们认为法官很可能会同情你
we think a judge is likely to be sympathetic.
但是我会有犯罪记录
But I’d have a criminal record.
是的
That is true.
它会伴随着我度过余生
Which I would carry with me for the rest of my life
每一次面试
into every job interview,
每一次申请贷款
every application for credit.
是的
Yes.
请恕我不能理解 我们是要传达
And I’m sorry. We would be conceding
情报人员永远不能告诉英国人♥民♥
that no one in Intelligence can ever tell the British people
即使他们的政♥府♥在撒谎 这样的信息吗
when their government is lying.
当谎言受到《官方机密法》的保护时 不行
Not when the lies are protected by the Official Secrets Act, no.
抱歉 在我看来这就是一场骗局
I’m sorry. This is all a charade.
如果你是说我必须认罪
I mean, if you’re saying that I have to plead guilty
因为这个法案完全不允许辩护
because the act allows absolutely no defense whatsoever,
那么想要个公平的审判本身就是一个笑话
then the very idea of a fair trial is a joke.
我很抱歉 凯瑟琳
I’m sorry, Katharine,
但我们最多只能请求法官宽大处理
but the best we can do is ask a judge for leniency.
贝尔格拉诺事件之后违反《官方机密法》
Post Belgrano, there really is no defense
贝尔格拉诺:庞廷泄露信息被无罪释放
确实没有辩护的余地

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!