那学校要我穿成蝙蝠侠的样子
That school wants me to dress like Batman !
你要是蝙蝠侠 哥谭市完了
If you’re Batman, then Gotham is really in the shit.
打包 我们要离开
Pack up ! We’re going.
-爸爸 -怎么了
– Dad! – What ?
你什么时候写完书 我们什么时候走
When you finish your book, then we can go.
但是你现在需要这份工作
But now you need that job.
不 我才不要这份工作
No, I don’t need a job.
我需要钱 你知道为什么吗
I need money. And you know why ?
因为那泼妇
Because of that harpy !
我妈不是泼妇
My mother is not a harpy.
她把我们丢下了 你忘了
She left us, remember?
我的意思是我都要跳窗了
I mean I almost jumped out the window.
这个二流子是谁 他把自己弄湿了吗
Who’s the deadbeat ? Has he wet himself?
你好先生 我叫安伯森
Hello, Monsieur. My name is Amberson.
我的书
My book !
小心点 这都是初版
Careful, these are first editions!
都是孤本
They’re the only editions.
这么说不就更贵了吗
That makes them even more valuable.
两百五十年前 托马斯·卡尔德先生
250 years ago, Sir Thomas Calder…
创始人
The founder!
按几条简单原则创办了他的学校
…built his school on a few simple principles.
托马斯 创始人
Sir Thomas… The founder!
崇尚团队精神
…believed in team spirit.
忠诚 谨慎
Loyalty. Discretion.
知道何时能屈 何时能伸
Knowing when to dominate and knowing when to submit.
你们必须以卡尔德蒙特的形象改造世界
You must remake the world in the Caldermount image.
创始人
The founder!
敦刻尔克 阿金库尔 鸦♥片♥战争
Dunkirk. Agincourt. The Opium Wars.
此处为列举英国历史上有名的事迹和人物
河畔天鹅莎翁 印度 铁路
The Swan of Avon. India. Trains.
内燃机 卡尔德蒙特
Internal combustion. Caldermount.
卡尔德蒙特万岁
Viva Caldermount.
创始人
The founder!
创始日那天 我真心觉得十分丢脸
Founders Day. I think it’s pretty bloody disgraceful.
庆祝那个无赖的卡尔德蒙特
Celebrating that crook Caldermount.
那些领导 老兄 他们都是强盗
That’s the Establishment, man. They’re all gangsters.
早上好
Good morning!
早啊 先生
Good morning, Monsieur.
我是巴比诺先生
My name is Monsieur Babinot.
巴 比 诺
B-a-b-i-n-o-t.
T不发音
The ‘T’ is silent.
你们可以坐下了
You may sit down.
如你所知 我替代你们上个老师诺比斯先生
As you may know, I’m replacing your last teacher, Mr Nobes.
你 最后一节课诺比斯先生教给你什么了
You… what did Mr Nobes teach you last ?
呃 圣艾修伯里 先生
Er, Saint-Exupery, monsieur.
圣艾修伯里吗 抱歉
Saint-Exupery? Excuse me.
你们要是想学
If you want to learn about
一丁点关于生命的东西 我建议
a little thing called life, I suggest…
我建议你们来一本费利克斯·马丁的书
I suggest you give yourselves a little dosage of Felix Martin.
现在 好好爱护这些书 好吧
Now, would you be very careful with those books. Okay ?
第一版 注意点
First editions. Careful.
注意点 初版
Careful, first editions.
这是我们的课程以内的吗 先生
Is this curriculum, sir ?
-课程 你叫什么 -约翰逊
– Curriculum ? What is your name? – Johnson.
打开书的第一页翻译一下
Now you open the book page one and start to translate.
雅克拿刀刺向当铺老板的喉咙
Jacques held the knife to the pawnbroker’s throat…
很糟
Go to hell.
他悄悄说
He whispered to the…
对着呜咽的皮条客
To the whimpering pimp.
呜咽的皮条客
Whimpering pimp.
好吧
Right.
左 左 左 右 左
Left, left, left right, left…
那个坏女人是一匹金发马
The bad woman is a blonde horse ?
那个女人有头金发 你会读吗
The woman has blonde hair. Can’t you read ?
并不会 小诺上课很疯狂 先生
Not really. Nobesy taught us frenetically, sir.
他说只要我们把口语报告写好
He said if we nail the oral paper,
就算其他都不及格 也能得个C
we could flunk everything else and still get a C.
但说实话 他说的从不算数
Well it’s just random noises, basically.
-所以他是个骗子咯 -一点没错
– So he was a fraud? – Absolutely.
他经常泡在酒吧 我们几乎见不着他
Always down the pub. We never really saw him.
那让我见识见识你们的水平
Well, show me then.
如果说得好 或许所有人都可以去酒吧
And if it’s good, maybe we can all go to the pub.
噢 不是所有人 我去不了 我还在写书
Er, not together. I can’t. I’m writing a book.

You.
你在你那中产阶级的舒适圈里
Curled up in a ball
蜷缩成一个球
in your middle class security
从不问自己那些没有答案的问题
you never ask yourself those questions without answers.

You.
没人会抓着你的肩膀晃你 除非为时已晚
No one shook you by the shoulders before it was too late.
如今 黏土
Now the clay…
如今 黏土
Now, the clay
已经风干成你塑造的形状
of which you were shaped has dried
亦已变硬
and has hardened
你亦无可以唤醒体内蛰伏的
and nothing in you will ever awaken the dormant
音乐家
…musician…
亦或是诗人或天文学家
or the poet or the astronomer
的方法
that possibly inhabited you.
你只把这些盒子给我就可以了
You just have to give me the boxes.
行了
Alright.
走了 走了
Go, go!
好了 孩子们
Well, boys…
安静 那么 语♥音♥学
Silence! So, phonetics.
社会讨论
这个政党会不会进攻俄♥罗♥斯♥

不会
如果她想伺机行动 那她可算来对地方了
If she’s looking for action, she’s come to the right place.
我是说 比起肖恩·康纳利
I’m just saying, women prefer a Roger Moore
二人皆在007系列电影中饰演过詹姆斯·邦德
女人更喜欢罗杰·摩尔
to a Sean Connery.
妈妈说我特别迷人
Mum says I’m extremely charming.
法国女孩是出了名的下♥贱♥ 全无道德底线
French girls are famously filthy. Zero moral fibre.
她们看起来守身如玉
They all have cats but you’re not allowed to touch them
但你一顿饭就能跟她们上垒
unless you buy them dinner.
如果她不是罗莎卢森堡 我才不感兴趣
If she’s not Rosa Luxembourg, I’m not interested.
德国马♥克♥思♥主义政♥治♥家 社♥会♥主♥义♥哲学家 革命家
我每天的生活费都得交给温彻斯特
My money’s on Winchester every day.
安伯森 安伯森 你老爸等你接电♥话♥
Amberson? Amberson? Your old man’s on the blower.
-爸爸 -今晚12点来我住处
– Dad? – Come to my house at midnight.
我要见你
I need to see you.
你是谁
Who is this?
晚安 阿格妮斯
Good evening, Agnes.
两杯金巴利 谢谢
Two camparis, please.
见鬼
Bollocks.
你昨晚为什么没来 我等了你很久
Why didn’t you come last night? I waited for you.
别躲着我
Don’t run away from me.
-我得在七点前回去 -一分钟
– I’ve gotta get back by seven. – One minute.
-你想要我做什么 -你是个不错的人
– What do you want with me? – You’re a nice guy.
不错 不不不 难道你不 我就是个大
Nice? No, no, no. Er, don’t you bel… I’m a bloody…
好了听着 在南特 我认识很多男孩
Okay. Look… Back in Nantes, I knew a lot of boys.
他们都只想玩玩
They all wanted to play games.
他们都试图展示自己的男子气或小聪明
They tried to be macho or so clever,
我想的是 滚 你们都太无脑了 明白吗
and I thought “Oh, fuck off, you’re all so empty”, you know?
我有同感 是对 女孩们 很显然
I mean, I feel the same way… About, um, girls, obviously.
我想去旅行 但我父亲说
I wanted to travel, but my father says
别丢下我一个人 没有你我无法工作
“Don’t leave me alone, without you I can’t work”.
他又在写书了吗
He is writing another book ?
他一本书写了18年
He’s been writing the same book for eighteen years.
把我妈妈♥逼♥疯了
It drove my mother crazy.
现在他不得不写完它
And now he has to finish it because
因为这是他唯一的出路了
it’s the only way he can move on.
所以我过来帮他 跟他的女佣无异
So, I come here to help him, and now I’m his fucking maid.
我做饭 打扫卫生 收拾他的内衣
I cook, clean, pick up his underwear.
而这里却什么都没有

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
前一篇文章黑客帝国2:重装上阵
下一篇文章教授
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!