噢 彭伯顿先生
Oh, er… Mr. Pemberton.
嗯 彭伯顿先生
Ah. Mr. Pemberton.
早上好 早上好
Good morning. Good morning.
这是海关税收署的巴格肖先生
This is Mr. Bagshawe of the, er… Board of Customs & Excise.
他想跟您聊一聊
He’d like to have a word with you people.
有些事我想跟您解释一下
There are just a few things I would like to explain.
如果我能越过您的国界的话 当然可以
If I might step over your frontier. By all means.
我必须恭喜您 这个速度还是…
I must congratulate you on the speed with which you have…
先失陪一下 教授 这样似乎解决了我们所有的问题
Oh, excuse me, Professor. This looks like the solution to all our troubles.
这边
This way.
请排队 女士
In the line, please, madam.
下回我保准在您眼皮子底下检查包
I will show you the bag next time just under your eyes.
女士 您有什么东西要申报吗
Have you anything to declare, madam?
任何食物 家畜 亚麻织品或棉织品
Any food stuff, livestock, linen or cotton goods?
我想这不包括勃艮第公爵的证明书吧
I hardly think this is likely to include the credentials of the Duke of Burgundy.
女士 您介意打开下这个包吗
Would you mind opening that case, madam?
真的让我们松了一口气 这个做法真是很聪明
This really is a big relief to us, I can tell you. It’s a very very clever bit of…
不 你搞错了
No, no, I think you’re wrong.
这一切是要干嘛
What’s all that in aid of?
但我们把那个撕碎了 爸爸 是你让他们撕的
But we tore ’em up, I tell you! You let him have it, Dad!
我们就住在那儿
That’s where we live, right there.
这只是海关手续的一部分
It’s merely part of the Customs procedure.
理所当然我们该实施移♥民♥法
We naturally have to enforce the immigration laws.
你们不能既宣布独♥立♥ 又享受英国国民的待遇
You can’t have the one without the other.
没错 但是…
Yes, but…
弗雷德里克·艾伯特·考恩 这就是我 住在密拉蒙花♥园♥四号♥
Frederick Albert Cowan Esquire. That’s me. Number four, Miramont Gardens.
抱歉 先生
I am sorry, sir.
上级指令明确规定 任何想再次进入这条街的人
The order specifies that identity cards must be produced
都必须出示本人的身份证明
by residents who wish to re-enter the street.
您是指我们所有住在这条街上的人
Do you mean to say that all of us who live in this street
每次进出时都得有那么一番废话么
have got to go through that rigmarole every time we want to leave our homes?
暂时一两个月会这样
Oh, for a month or two.
毕竟要等待新的议会法案出来
After all, pending a new Act of Parliament,
严格说来 这可是外国领土
this is technically foreign territory.
哈哈哈 外国领土
Ha-ha-ha! Foreign territory!
这意味着
I suppose that means
英国人禁止在此购物
British subjects won’t be allowed to spend any money here.
那我们的顾客怎么办
What about all our customers?
您不能不让我们做合法生意
You can’t stop us earning an honest living.
我这辈子就没听过这么荒唐的话
I’ve never heard such a lot of rot in my life.
先生女士们 这不能怪我
Don’t blame me, ladies and gentlemen.
是爱德华四世让你们变为外国人的
Edward IV’s the one who made you foreigners.
又来了
Here we go again!
我受够你们这些人了 维护秩序
You people make me tired. Order, order!
闭嘴 你这辈子有听过这种废话吗
Oh, shut up. Did you ever hear such tripe in your life?
听着 先生 你也给我闭嘴
Now look here, sir! And you shut up too.
如果这就是政♥府♥想要的 那行 以后我们就是外国人了
All right, if that’s the way Whitehall want it, in future, we’ll be foreigners.
这就对了 爸爸
That’s the stuff, Dad.
我们要在电车上反抗他们 在当地反抗他们
We’ll fight them in the tramlines, we’ll fight them in the local.
晚上好 教授
Good evening, Professor.
晚上好
Oh, good evening.
您在密拉蒙的朋友让自己陷入了麻烦
Your friends in Miramont Place have got themselves into a nice mess.
可怜的人们 命运的无辜受害者
Poor souls. The innocent victims of destiny.
是他们自己开始这一系列荒唐事的
They started all this nonsense.
现在他们就得承担后果
Now they’ve got to put up with the consequences.
他们会吗 勃艮第人都是不服输的人
Ah, but will they? The Burgundians are a fighting people.
想想他们反抗路易斯十四世的英勇事迹
Consider what they did against the might of Louis XI.
我不觉得这群暴民足以反抗英国
I fail to see what this little mob can do against the might of Britain.
请站起来
Oh! Get up, please.
所有人请准备好护照
All passports. Passports ready, please.
请打开所有的手提包
All hand luggage open, please.
是时候进行你们的货币申报了
Time to make your currency declarations, please.
这是在干什么
What the devil does this mean?
这辆电车目前位于勃艮第的边境
The train is now at the Burgundian frontier.
他们是不服输的人 巴西特先生
A fighting people, Mr. Bassett.
不愧是金羊毛骑士的接♥班♥人
Worthy successors of the Knights of the Golden Fleece.
女士 您有什么要申报的吗
Have you anything to declare, madam?
食物 家畜 棉麻制品或棉织品
Any food stuff, livestock, linen or cotton goods?
没有
No.
请问您有携带任何麝鼠毛皮 粉虱 摩托车
Any muskrats, mealworms, motorcycles,
麻药 鸦♥片♥或农用机械吗
hashish, prepared opium or agricultural machinery?
噢 饶了我吧
Oh!
您有携带外国货币 英镑或旅行支票吗
Have you any foreign currency? English pounds? Traveller’s cheques?
假如我有呢 我就是问问
Suppose I have? I just wondered.
没有护照就不能通过这里 请所有人拿出护照
No passage beyond this point without passports. All passports.
这是我的护照 嗯
Here is mine. Hm?
这是…你…你们的…
What is it you… you… Baratooshe,
你们的章
er… Baratooshe,
入境英国的章
er… Baratooshe… United Kingdom!
英国 英格兰的章
England, United Kingdom!
请将所有的行李准备好以便检查 要申报什么吗
All hand luggage ready for inspection, please. Anything to declare?
有任何食物 家畜 亚麻织品和棉织品要申报吗
Anything to declare, sir? Any livestock, foodstuff, linen or cotton goods?
可多了
Rather!
请来这边
Come along. Come along, please.
请将你们的护照拿出来 准备好护照
All ready with your passports. Get your passports out.
让我回想起自己参观陵墓的时候了
So reminds me of the time I visited the catacombs.
彭伯顿先生 这荒谬极了
Mr. Pemberton, this is preposterous.
不好意思 巴西特先生 我们现在是外国
Sorry, Mr. Bassett. We’re a foreign country now.
没有正规手续 就不能让游客进来
We can’t allow tourists without the usual formalities.
先生 请过来这边
Come along, sir, please.
沿着轨道前进 公爵来了
Pass down the track. The Duke!
女士 文件是真的吗 绝对真实的
Oh, madam, is it proved? Beyond a title of a doubt.
先生 您就是勃艮第的第18代公爵
Yes, gentlemen, you see before you the 18th Duke of Burgundy.
您是君王 是勃艮第的元首
Your liege lord, your sovereign!
祝勃艮第公国繁荣昌盛
Floreat Burgundia!
拦下那辆电车
Stop that train!
我们要怎么跟首相交代
What are we going to tell the old man?
这次地铁活动之后
Well, after this underground business,
我很怀疑他是否会给我们开口的机会
I doubt if he will give us a chance to open our mouths.
肥皂递我一下
Soap.
这是发给你的吗
Were you issued with this?
不是 我从法国大使♥馆♥拿的
No, I pinched it from the French Embassy.
目前的局面陷入了绝对的僵局
This situation, though, it’s an absolute deadlock.
不 才没有
Oh, no, not quite.
既然这个公爵被官方认可了
Now that this Duke has been officially recognised,
我们至少还可以跟他们谈判
we can at least talk to them.
要毛巾吗 谈判的时机已经过了
Towel? The time for talk’s past.
我们已经受够谈判了 得真正做点什么
Any more talk and we’ve had it. We’ve got to do something.
我们得告诉这个公爵后果会如何
We’ve got to tell this Duke where he gets off.
我希望首相别让我管这事儿
Oh, well, I hope the old man won’t put me on to it.
毕竟某种程度上说 这家伙可是国王
After all, this fellow’s been made a sort of king in a way.
没错 可能现在正在举♥行♥他的加冕礼
Yes. Probably having his coronation at this very moment.
阁下 何不松开下您的领结
Well, why don’t you loosen your tie, Your Grace?
我以为您已经习惯这个高温了
I thought you’d be used to the heat.
第戎比这更热
Well, it’s never as bad as that in Dijon.
尽管如此 我猜你更想待在第戎 而不是被困在这儿
All the same, I bet you’d rather be there than couped up here.
你为什么觉得第戎比皮姆利科要好得多呢
Why do you think it so much nicer than Pimlico?
我想第戎更加浪漫
I imagine it’s a little more romantic.
是吗
Oh, do you?
那你觉得我们要是在第戎 这种晚上会做什么呢
What do you think we would be doing in Dijon this evening?
我们会在露天餐厅就餐
Well, we… we’d eat in the open
在中♥央♥广场的树荫下翩翩起舞
and dance in the main square under the trees.
接着可能沿着铺满鹅卵石的老街
Then maybe we’d go for a little walk
往城♥堡♥的方向慢慢散步
up one of those funny old cobbled streets to the castle
当我们走到橘子园
and when we reach the orange grove…
我们坐在城♥堡♥的墙下
we’d sit beneath the castle wall
看着太阳渐渐升起
and watch the dawn come up.
伴着清晨略有些冷意的微风
And, er… in the cool morning breeze,
也许我会将外套搭在你肩膀上
maybe I would put my coat around your shoulders
其实…
and…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!