好吧 我告诉你
All right, I’ll tell you.
我相信
I believe in the notion
任何一个人在证明有罪前都是无辜的
that people are innocent until proven guilty.
我之所以相信是因为我选择去相信
I believe in that notion because I choose to believe
人性本善
in the basic goodness of people.
我选择去相信
I choose to believe
并不是只有坏人会犯下罪行
that not all crimes are committed by bad people,
而且我还试图去理解
and I try to understand
有些非常好的人会做一些非常坏的事情
that some very, very good people do some very bad things.
你知道吗 当我和肖尼西共事的时候
You know, when I was working for Shaughnessy,
我做过一些非常非常不好的事情
I did something very, very bad.
甚至可以算是违法
Maybe illegal.
我当时还是一个检察官
I was a prosecutor then.
我当时做的那件事 让我非常心有不安
This thing that I did, I was very upset by it,
于是我决定辞职
and I decided to leave.
所以我辞职了 成为了一名辩护律师
So I left. I became a defending attorney.
但讽刺的是无论如何大家都会觉得我在撒谎
The irony being that everyone assumes I’m fucking lying anyhow.
所以我向自己发了一个小誓
So I made myself this little promise that
除非为了我的名声不然我绝不说谎
I would reserve my lies for other than my public life.
你要是敢刊登刚刚的话 我就告死你
You print any of this, I’ll sue your fucking ass.
好吧 好吧 所以我犯了点小错
All right, all right, so I made a little mistake.
可不是嘛
No shit.
你想要什么 一套新西装 我买♥♥给你
What do you want? Want a new suit? I’ll buy you a new suit.
你犯了个错 你之前告诉我们是第三人干的
You made a mistake? You told us the third man did it.
现在你不仅有了第三人 还有第四第五人
So now you got your third man and a fourth man and a fifth man…
你打算怎么办 马丁
What are you going to do, Marty?
我不知道 我这次真的无计可施了
I don’t know. I really fucked up here.
你说的没错
You were right.
那你要怎么帮他开罪
So how are you gonna get him off?
我不知道
I don’t know.
但我知道 艾伦并没有犯下一级谋杀罪
What I know is, Aaron did not commit first-degree murder.
-马丁 他捅了他那么多刀 -不 不是艾伦
– Marty, he stabbed him a billion times… – No, not Aaron.
要给一个人宣判死罪
To convict someone of a capital crime,
政♥府♥必须证明其犯罪动机
the State must prove intent.
罗伊有动机 但艾伦没有
Roy had intent, Aaron didn’t.
没错 但唯一能证明那一点的办法就是
Yeah, but the only way to prove that
改变辩护策略去证明他有精神疾病
is to change the plea to insanity,
可我们不能在庭审过程中这么做
which we can’t do mid-trial,
除非你不打算继续混这行了
unless you’re planning on a career change.
我之前可能被误导了 但我并没错
I could’ve been mistaken, but I wasn’t wrong.
艾伦是无辜的 罗伊才有罪
Aaron is innocent. It’s Roy who is guilty.
这孩子不需要律师 他需要一个驱魔师
This kid doesn’t need a lawyer. He needs an exorcist.
汤姆 你真是满嘴屁话
Tom, you are so full of shit.
你当时不在场 你又没有看见
You were not there, and you didn’t see it.
他只是一个生病的可怜男孩
He’s one sick motherfucking boy,
哥们 一辈子都被别人当猴耍
man, who’s been fucked around his whole life
他父亲 他的神父 这孩子不该去死
by his father, by his priest. This kid does not deserve to die,
而我们的工作就是确保
and it’s our job to make sure
陪审团也相信他不该去赔命
that a jury believes he doesn’t deserve to die.
-好的 -好的 那我们怎么做
– Okay. – Okay. How do we do it?
想办法说出性♥虐♥待的事情
By somehow introducing this whole abuse thing.
-那卷录像 -那卷录像怎么了
– The tape. – What about the tape?
那太扯淡了 那会提供他的作案动机
That’s crazy. That gives him motive.
不 看起来好像会 但…
No, it looks like that, but it’s…
不 事实上那卷录像可以扭转整个案件
No, actually, what it does is, it turns this whole thing around.
那卷录像可以切实证明拉什曼对这孩子的恶行
It gives concrete documentation of what Rushman did to this kid.
但我们不能上交录像 你知道的
But we can’t put it in. You know that.
但我们不上交
But we’re not going to.
我去
Oh, fuck!
-好吧 好吧 -很好
– Okay. Okay. – Good.
-喂 -你到底想干什么
– Yeah. – What the hell are you doing?
-你哪位 -你很清楚我是谁
– Who is this? – You know damn well who it is.
-去大麦酒吧 马丁 就现在 -珍妮特
– Barleycorn’s, Marty. Now. – Janet?
小黄♥片♥很有意思 你还收集这个
Cute porno. Part of your collection?
你从哪弄到的 你是从犯罪现场
Where did you get it? You steal it
-偷来的吗 -我不知道任何这卷录像的事
– from the crime scene? – I don’t know anything about this tape.
-你真是个大骗子 -好好想想吧
– You are such a liar. – Think about it.
-想过了 -听着 如果这卷录像上
– I have. – Look, if this tape really has on it
真有你说的内容
what you say it does,
我最不可能把它给你 会给你作案动机
last thing I’d do is give it to you. It gives you motive.
-你必须把它给我 -为什么
– You had to give it to me. – Why?
你没法在庭上呈上这个作为证据
You couldn’t introduce it in court.
陪审团会因此而鄙视你
The jury would despise you for it,
因为你玷污了主教的身后名
for dishonoring the Bishop’s memory.
但如果你让我来呈上它的话
But if you get me to show it,
不管有没有作案动机 我都是吃屎的那个
motive or no motive, I’m the one who looks bad,
而你能为你可怜受虐的小男孩赢得大家的同情
and you gain sympathy for your poor little abused boy.
-你这么觉得吗 -我恨你
– You think so? – I hate you.
那就别用了
Don’t use it.
我就没打算用它
I have no intention of using it.
-老样子 斯都 -没问题
– The usual, Stu. – You got it.
你的小心思不止这些 对吧
You’re up to even more than that, aren’t you?
我没有什么小心思
I’m not up to anything.
你打开了一扇门 你以为我会走过去吗
You’re opening a door, you think I’m going to walk through it?
门的那头肯定有猛虎在等着我 我才不会…
There’s going to be a tiger on the other end, and I don’t…
如果你用了录像你知道谁会最生气吗
You know who’d be really upset if you used it?
-我刚刚告诉过你… -肖尼西
– I just told you… – Shaughnessy.
-去他的 -去他的
– Fuck him. – Fuck him?
去你的
Fuck you.
我谢谢你了
Thanks a lot.
如果这不是你的作案动机 那什么是
All right, if this is not your motive, what is?
我已经找到了
I have motive.
是吗 是什么
Yeah, what is it?
我一定会好好告诉你的
I’m really gonna tell you.
那你最好赶快告诉陪审团 时间不多了
Well, you better tell the jury pretty soon. Time’s running out.
你请用
Here you go.
你以为你赢定我了
You think you’ve got me.
你觉得因为你对我十分了解
You think because you know me as well as you do,
你知道我是怎么想的
you know how I think.
我也知道你是怎么想的
Well, I know how you think.
你知道我现在在想什么吗
You know what I’m thinking?
你的脸怎么了
What happened to your face?
我撞到了药品柜上
I bumped it into a medicine cabinet.
不 马丁 肯定是个要走的姑娘弄的
No, Marty, that was a girl on her way out.
或许我们晚点应该再回这里
Maybe we should come back here later.
晚点 这家店十分钟后就关门了
Later? Well, they close in 10 minutes.
不 之后
No, after…
在庭审结束之后
After the trial.
等我们不用再考虑后果时
When we’ve got nothing to lose.
为什么你在法庭时 对时机掌握得如此之好
How can your timing be so good in a courtroom
在现实生活中却这么糟
and so bad in real life?
我晚点会考虑 现在我特别讨厌你
I’ll think about it later. I hate you too much right now.
你有访客
You got a visitor.
她来了
Here she comes.
-晚点跟你聊 -好的
– Talk to you later. – Okay.
珍妮特
Janet.
早上好
Morning.
那盘录像带在哪
So where’s the tape?
那盘录像带上有很不堪入目的内容
There’s some pretty ugly stuff on that tape.
是啊 没错
Yes, there is.
谁能想到呢
Who would’ve thought?
它是从哪得来的
Where did it come from?
昨晚直接出现在我家门前 没有留言
Landed on my front door last night. No note.
-是韦尔吗 -还能是谁
– Vail? – Who else?
聪明的混♥蛋♥
Clever prick.
你觉得他是想干什么
What do you think he’s up to?
-我真的不知道 -别扯了 珍妮特
– I honestly don’t know. – Cut the crap, Janet.
你太他妈了解他了
You know him pretty goddamn well.
你和他上过床 天呐
You were balling him, for Christ’s sake.
-它在哪 -在我家
– Where is it? – At home.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!