我叫格蕾丝
Grace.
幸会
Pleasure.
-亚历克斯 -菲奇 你好吗
– Alex. – Hi, Fitch. How are you?
干得漂亮 抱歉我们卡在点上才来
Well done. Sorry we cut it so close.
今早 我们平时用的包机
We couldn’t get our regular charter
没法离开戴高乐机场
out of de Gaulle this morning.
我可受不了再乘民航了 你懂吧
And I cannot fly commercial anymore, right?
-民航太糟了 你懂的 -格蕾丝
– It’s the worst. You understand. – Grace!
我是艾米丽
I’m Emilie.
天啊 你的裙子太美了
Oh, my God, your dress is amazing!
我一直在图享网上偷偷关注你
I’ve been totally stalking you on Instagram.
是吗 这真是…
Oh, really? That’s…
我们一定会成为最好的朋友
We’re gonna be best friends.
很高兴见到你
Hi. Nice to see you.
我很激动要成为你们家的一员了
I’m so excited to be a part of your family.
我也是 我也是
Me too, me too!
那得由他决定 亲爱的
He will decide that, my dear.
海琳姑妈 真高兴见到你
Aunt Helene. It’s nice to see you.
棕发侄女
Brown-haired niece.
你还存在着呢
You continue to exist.
女士们先生们 11:55了
Ladies and gentlemen, it is 11:55.
这会让你大开眼界的
This is gonna blow your mind.
好吧
Okay.
这个房♥间是仅限家里人使用的
So this room is reserved for family members only.
你先请 亲爱的
After you, my dear.
我的天
Holy shit.
曾祖父很喜欢玩他的游戏
Great-Grandfather enjoyed his games.
勒多马斯
格蕾丝
Grace.
维克多·勒多马斯
请坐
Have a seat.
你喜欢玩游戏吗
Do you like to play games?
那得看是什么游戏了
I guess it depends on what we’re playing.
我们马上就会知道了
Well, we’ll know in a moment.
我想你已经注意到了 我们家很看重传统
I gather you’ve noticed our family is big on tradition.
现在 现在到了你跟我们
And now, well, now the time has come
一起遵守这些传统的时候了
for you to join us in those traditions.
要讲故事了
Story time.
你可能知道 我的曾祖父 维克多
As you may know, my great-grandfather, Victor,
在内战期间开了一家不起眼的印刷店
set up a modest printing shop during the Civil War,
制♥作♥纸牌
manufacturing playing cards.
一代人以后
A generation later,
我的祖父把生意扩大到了体育用品和桌上游戏
my grandfather expanded into sporting goods and board games.
在我的领导下 勒多马斯家族游戏
Under my leadership, Le Domas Family Games
获得了四支职业体育团队的加盟
acquired four professional sports teams
更上了一层楼
and reached, well, even greater heights.
有人可能说这只是运气
Some may call it luck,
但运气不足以形容我们
but, well, it’s a little more than that.
我们简直是被眷顾的
You know, it’s almost as if someone’s watching over us.
这一切都归功于一位极其慷慨的捐助者
It all began with a very generous benefactor.
以及这个盒子
And this box.
曾祖父原本是商船上的一名水手
You see, originally, Great-Grandfather was a merchant seaman.
生活很艰难
It was a hard life.
和很多人一样 他不想止步于此
And, like so many, he wanted more.
一次他出海航行的时候
On one of his many excursions abroad,
曾祖父遇到了勒贝尔先生
Great-Grandfather came to meet a Mr. Le Bail.
他是 他是船上的一名乘客
He was a… He was a passenger aboard the ship.
算是个收藏家
A collector, of sorts.
他会买♥♥下异国文物然后转卖♥♥给美国的富人
Purchasing exotic antiquities to resell to wealthy Americans.
当他们发现彼此都热衷于赌局时
After discovering a mutual passion for games of chance,
他们花了很多时间打牌
they passed a great many hours playing cards.
勒贝尔先生的其中一样收藏品就是
And among Mr. Le Bail’s possessions was…
那个盒子
that box.
一天晚上
And one evening,
在喝了太多朗姆酒以后
after indulging in more than their fair ration of rum…
勒贝尔先生下了一个赌注
Mr. Le Bail proposed a wager.
如果曾祖父能在靠岸前
If Great-Grandfather could solve the mystery of the box
解开这个盒子的谜题
before arriving at port,
勒贝尔先生就会资助祖父想做的任何生意
Mr. Le Bail would finance any endeavor of Grandfather’s choosing.
于是
Well…
曾祖父在海上花了很长时间
Great-Grandfather whiled away
研究这个盒子
the long hours at sea studying the box.
直到最后…
Until finally…
从那时起
And since that time…
每当有新人
whenever the Le Domases are presented
要加入勒多马斯家族的时候
with a new addition to the family…
我们就会在盒子里放一张空白的纸牌
we place a blank playing card into the box.
我们的新人则有抽牌的特权
Our initiate then has the privilege of drawing the card,
然后勒贝尔先生会告诉我们该玩哪种游戏
and Mr. Le Bail will tell us which game to play.
我抽到了象棋
I got chess.
玩法类似抽鬼牌
我抽到了老姑娘
I got Old Maid.
说真的 老姑娘是个什么玩意儿
Seriously, what the fuck is Old Maid?
菲奇
Fitch…
我只要抽牌就行了吗
So I just take out the card?
亲爱的 轮到你了
My dear, it is your turn.
上面写的什么 孩子
What does it say, girl?
上面写的
It says…
捉迷藏
It says, “hide and seek.”
我们真的要玩这个吗
Are we really gonna play that?
有问题吗
Everything okay?
没事 没事 这是游戏规则
Yeah. Yeah. Those are the rules.
就玩捉迷藏 对吗 爸爸
Hide and seek, right, Dad?
是的 没错
Yes, indeed.
这是游戏规则
Those are the rules.
好吧 那谁捉谁藏呢
Okay, so, uh, who… who hides and who seeks?
鉴于你是新人 亲爱的
Well, it’s your initiation, my dear.
你来藏
You get to be the one to, uh, to hide.
当然
Of course.
会很好玩的 亲爱的
This is gonna be fun, honey.
到我房♥间去等我 好吗
Yeah, just come meet me in my room, okay?
-不 我想认真玩 -我知道
– No, I wanna play for real. This is so weird. – No, no. I know.
那么 敬…勒贝尔先生
So, to Mister… Le Bail.
敬勒贝尔先生
To Mr. Le Bail.
-敬勒贝尔先生 -敬勒贝尔先生
– To Mr. Le Bail. – To Mr. Le Bail.
规则很简单
The rules are simple.
你可以躲在房♥子里的任何地方
You can hide anywhere inside the house.
我们会数到一百 然后试图…找到你
We then count to 100 and try to, um… well, find you.
你们不觉得这对我不太公平吗
Well, don’t you think you have a little bit of an advantage?
不不 我们从不用摄像头
No, no. We never use the cameras.
我们一直都是
We always play the games
像在曾祖父那个年代一样玩游戏
as they would’ve been played in Great-Grandfather’s time.
一直都是
Always.
我是不可能赢的 对吗
So, there’s no way for me to win, right?
你可以一直躲到黎明
Well, you could, I mean, stay hidden till dawn.
-不了 谢谢 -不用
– No, thank you. – No.
你一离开这里
We’re gonna start the count
我们就会开始计数 好吗
just as soon as you leave, okay?

Okay.
格蕾丝 祝你好运
Grace, good luck.
谁想玩个游戏
Who wants to play a game?
该玩捉迷藏啦
It’s time for hide and seek.
♪ 跑 跑 跑 ♪
♪ Run, run, run ♪
♪ 跑去藏起来 ♪
♪ Time to run and hide ♪
♪ 跑 跑 跑 ♪
♪ Run, run, run ♪
《失乐园》第一卷
“在这里我们可以稳坐江山
“Here we may reign secure…
♪ 我会找到你 ♪
♪ And now I’m going to find you ♪
按照我的选择
and in my choyce
在地狱里一展宏图”
to reign is worth ambition…”
♪ 快呀 我在你身后 ♪
♪ Hurry, I’m behind you ♪
♪ 别 出 声 ♪
♪ Don’t you speak ♪

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章卢斯
下一篇文章天才瑞普利
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!