Yes.
是的
Has a responsibility that transcends
无论他们对此是否感觉良好
whether or not it feels good to them
或喜欢与否
or whether they don’t like, you know,
有没有责任去超越这一切 你知道的
the-the machinations of the music world
音乐世界的诡计
or-or the- the business side of this?
或者商业的那一面?
Isn’t there some responsibility
你离开舞台 你的退出
which you abdicate when you leave the stage?
和这些没有一点关系吗?
I’m hearing you, Michael.
我知道你的想法 迈克尔
So go really soft.
更轻柔一点
That’s it.
就是这样
Now disappear.
现在渐渐弱下来
Okay, you have the most noble posture when you play.
很好 你演奏的时候有着最优雅的姿势
But when you get very emotional,as you just were,
但是当你非常激动的时候 就像刚刚那样
’cause you play very emotionally,
因为你演奏的非常有激♥情♥
you do this.
你会这样
Watch.
看着
Right?
对吗?
I’m exaggerating,right, right?
我在夸张 这里这里
The energy gets pulled right out of the keyboard.
力量会被拉离键盘
All right, so do you see this slowly gliding towards that E
好的 你看见手指慢慢滑向E
and then gliding away?
然后滑走吗
Now do it.
现在试试
Good.
很好
Now, first of all,that was exquisite.
首先 刚才弹的很优美
Secondly, you looked gorgeous.
其次 你看起来高雅极了
57 years ago…
57年前
This month,as a matter of fact,
那个月 作为事实里重要的一环
in April, 57 years ago…
在57年前的4月
Do you know anybody who has been living in one-room apartment
你知道有谁住在只有一个房♥间的公♥寓♥里
for 57 years?
57年吗
Not who’s not a monk.
不是和尚的那种
I’m very close to being one.
我差点就成为那样的人了
‘Cause I loved my solitude,of course.
当然是因为我喜欢自己独处
I thrive on solitude.
我在独处中成长
I have to be by myself
为了理出头绪
in order to sort out all the thoughts
我不得不一个人
that course through my mind.
静静的思考
Our social world is unpredictable.
我们的社会是不可预知的
Someone who may be the closest to you
有些人也许和你很亲近
can one day say something,
有一天也能说出
and somehow the relationship dissolves.
或做出让你们关系破破裂是事
I have to tell you that our art is totally predictable.
我得告诉你我们的艺术是完全可以预知的
Music will never change.
音乐永远不会改变
When Beethoven puts a B flat down,
当贝多芬写下一个降b
that’s there forever.
那就会一直在那
Because of the predictability of music,
因为音乐的可预见性
when we work at it,
当我们演奏时
we have a sense of order,
能感觉到一种指引
harmony, predictability,
和谐的 可预见的
and something we can control.
那是我们能控制的
Your initial response to music occurs
音乐出现时 你最初的反应
without intellectual analysis.
不会经过理智的分♥析♥
Gifted children,for example,
比如说 有天赋的孩子
often project deep musical feeling
经常对音乐表现出深刻的感触
without being aware
但不是因为意识到
of musical structure or historical facts.
音乐的构架或者历史的沉重
It is this kind of innocence
这是一种成年人
from which adults can learn.
需要学习的纯碎
Therefore in practicing,
因此在练习的时候
avoid excess of analysis,
应该避免多余的分♥析♥
and allow the music to reveal its own beauty,
让音乐呈现它自己的美
a beauty that is answered by something deep within you.
那是回应你内心深处的美
A Zen philosopher put it this way:
禅宗哲学家这样说过
“If you would paint a chrysanthemum,
如果你要画一朵菊花
“look at one for ten years
要观察它十年
until you become one. ”
直到你们融为一体
It-it seems to me,in America particularly,
在我看来 特别是在美国
there is a great contempt for craft.
对技艺抱有很大蔑视
I’m sorry.
无意冒犯
The story that Americans want is,
美国人想要的故事是
“Oh, I had so much talent,I just went out there. ”
噢 我才华横溢 我只需要展现出来
What they want is the Flashdance fallacy,
他们想要的只是闪电舞谬论
that talent is it.
认为那就是天赋
They don’t like to think about craft.
他们不愿意去想技艺
They think that’s boring or something.
认为那很无聊或者什么
But, you know,
但是你知道
unfortunately,in certain fields,
很不幸 在某些地区
craft is necessary.
技艺很重要
I get that comment a lot.
我收到很多像这样的评论
When I-after I play, after concerts,
当我演奏结束后
they go,”Oh, it’s so great.
他们会走过来说 噢 太棒了
You can just sit down and play that piece. ”
你仅仅是坐在那就能演奏
And it’s like, you can’t just sit down and play it.
听起来就像 你不能只是坐在那弹琴
That’s, like, a thou-
那是 大概
That’s thousands and thousands of hours of-of practice.
那是上千个小时的练习
Without craft,there isn’t any real artistry.
没有技艺 就没有真正的艺术性可言
I try to actually educate people.
我尝试告诉人们
And I talk-recently when I’ve been playing the Chopin Etudes,
最近演奏完肖邦练习曲后我会说两句
I’ll actually play it slowly first.
事实上我刚开始会放慢节奏
Yes.
好吧
And demonstrate what it’s like to practice
然后演示怎么在慢拍中
at a slow tempo.
练习演奏
And then I tell people,you know,
然后告诉人们 你知道
this is what goes on for hours and hours
这就是数个小时
for months and months until you can perform it like this.
数个月的成果 才能像这样演奏
Now, that’s making a real contribution to your audience.
这才对观众具有意义
Seymour hasn’t played in front of people
西默已经35年没有在人们面前
in 35 years, and I’m gonna make him wait a little bit longer
演奏了 所以我们再等他久一点
while I tell, like,a really long story.
当我在说一个很长的故事时
I decided to confide with him
我决定向他倾诉
my most terrifying secret,
我最可怕的秘密
which was that I’ve been,
那就是
for the last, like,five years or so,
在大概过去的五年里
performing with a sometimes really crippling
演奏时我总有一种
stage fright.
对舞台的严重恐惧
I mean, it was a longer conversation,
我意思是 那是次长谈
but the bottom line of it was that,
但是最后的核心是
“Most people should be a lot more nervous,” he said to me,
大多数人应该更紧张一些 他这样对我说
that a great many artists are not nervous enough.
许多很棒的艺术家都不够紧张
And you-and you didn’t tell them what I told you
你还没告诉他们我告诉你的
about nervousness and Sarah Bernhardt.
关于紧张和莎拉·伯恩哈特的事情
She went to her dressing room
她走进她的试衣间
to dress for a-for a performance,
为一场表演打扮
and in front of the door,
在门前
there was a young actress
有一个拿着她亲笔签名薄的
with an autograph book.
年轻女演员
With a trembling hand like this,she signed her autograph.
她用颤抖的双手 像这样 签上她的名
The young actress was just amazed at the trembling hand,
那个年轻女演员对她颤抖对手感到惊讶
and she said,
然后她说
“Madam, I don’t mean to be presumptuous,
女士 恕我冒昧
“but I see that you’re nervous.
但我看出你在紧张
Why is it that I never get nervous when I have to act?”
为什么我从没为表演感到紧张过
And Sarah Bernhardt took her hand like this and said,
莎拉·伯恩哈特像这样拉过她的手说
“Oh, my poor dear.
噢 我的小可怜
You will get nervous when you learn how to act. ”
当你学会怎么表演时就会紧张了
Do you know how many men tried to subdue the feminine in them?
你知道有多少男人想要征服内心软弱的一面吗?
Well, look, here’s Beethoven.
看 这是贝多芬
Right?I mean, that’s a man doing this.
对吗? 我是说 男人会这样
Right?
是吧?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!