靠.
[ Exhales ]Oh, fuck.
『杯酒人生』
-怎么了?-Miles,你能不能挪一下你的车,拜托?
– Uh, yeah?- Miles, can you move your car, please?
-为什么?-因为修屋顶工人的卡车要进来。
– Why?- Because the roofers gotta get the truck in.
-你车停的不太对。好么?-好。行。
– You didn’t park too good. Okay?- Yeah. All right.
等一下。
Hold on.
(星期六)
(海景公♥寓♥)
(加州圣地牙哥)
抱歉,抱歉,先生们。
Sorry. Sorry, gentlemen.
对不起。
[ Clears Throat ]Sorry.
哦,靠!
Oh, fuck me!
我知道我说过会在中午前到那儿
I know I saidI would be there by noon…
但是我的楼在翻修有一大堆的事
but, uh, there’s all of this workgoing on at my building…
简直就是场噩梦
and it’s just a total nightmare.
我有些事今天早上必须处理
I had a bunch of stuffI had to deal with this morning…
不过,我已经上路了。
but I’m on my way.
我现在就出门了。
I’m out the door right now.
嗨,Simon.嗨,Miles.
– [ Miles ] Hi, Simon.- [ Simon ] Hey, Miles.
– 三倍浓缩咖啡- 在这里喝么?
– Triple espresso, please?- For here?
呃,不。我已经晚了,给我打包吧。
Uh, no, actually.I’m running late. Make it to go.
再给我一份纽♥约♥时♥报♥和一个菠菜牛角面包。
And give me a New York Timesand a spinach croissant.
谢谢。
Thank you.
– 啊!- 嗯,你好。
– Ah!- Well, hello!
– 你好,Erganian夫人。最近好么?- 进来吧。
– Hello, Mrs. Erganian. How are you?- Come on in.
– 谢谢。Jack还在这里么?- 是的。
– Thank you. Is Jack still here?- Yes.
看看猫给拽的。
[ Mrs. Erganian ]Look what the cat dragged.
– 嗨,大家好。抱歉啊。- 嗨。
– Hi, everybody. Sorry.- Hey.
某人终于来了。
[Jack ]Somebody finally arrived.
你终于到了。飞毛腿先生。
You finally got here. Mr. Prompt.
– 哦,记不记得我的孩子们?Alex, Helen?- 嗨,你们好。
– Oh, remember my kids? Alex, Helen?- Hi. How are you?
我们还在想你是不是走错了路,跑到墨西哥的提哇纳去了…
We were thinking maybe you wentthe wrong way,you went to Tijuana…
– 对。- 然后他们不放你回来。
– Right.- and they don’t let you back.
– 是啊,是啊!- 爸爸!
– Yes! Yes!- [ Laughing ] Daddy!
– 我不得不行贿他们。- 嗨,Miles。
– I had to bribe them.- [ Continues Laughing ] Hey, Miles.
嗨,你好,Christine。
Hey. How are you, Christine?
高速公路塞的让人难以置信。
– [ Kiss ]- Yeah, the freeway was unbelievable.
真是难以置信,一路上车挤车的。
Unbelievable.It was bumper-to-bumper the whole way.
我想大家周末出门都比较早。
People getting an early starton the weekend, I guess.
所以我就晚点出来,可还是–
Granted, I got a late start, but–
好了,我们都很高兴你能来。
Well, we’re just glad you made it.
Christine, 你为什么不问问Miles关于蛋糕的事?
Christine, why don’t youask Miles about the cake?
– 好主意。跟我来。- 怎么回事?
– Oh, good idea. Come with me.- What’s this?
我们可能没时间了,我们马上得出发了
We don’t really have time for that,’cause we gotta hit the road.
– 哦,来吧。就一秒钟的事。- 就是。
– [ Christine ] Oh, come on.!It’s just gonna take a second.!- Yeah.
嗯。
[ Miles ]Mmm.
Jack告诉我们说你正在出版一本书。祝贺你。
Jack tells us you are publishing a book.Congratulations.
-呃—是啊,祝贺你。
– Uh— Yes, congratulations.
是的,不过,呃确切的说还没有敲定呢。
Yes, well, uh,it’s not exactly finalized yet.
– 就是有人表示感兴趣,而且— 你的朋友很谦虚
– So– There has been some interest, and— Your friend is modest.
得了 来吧,Miles.别那么谦虚了,满足一下他们吧。
Oh, come on, Miles.Don’t be so modest. Indulge them.
– 别让我当个撒谎的人啊。- 你的书是关于什么主题的?
– Don’t make me out to be a liar.- What is the subject of your book?
– 纪实的?- 呃,不,是–是小说。
– Nonfiction?- Uh, no. It’s– It’s a novel.
– 虚构的。对。- 哦。
– Fiction. Yes.- Oh.
不过有很多部分取材于我自己的生活…
Although there is quite a bitfrom my own life…
所以我想,从技术上讲,算部分纪实吧。
so I suppose that, technically,some of it is nonfiction.
好,我喜欢纪实的。
Good. I like nonfiction.
这个世界有太多我们需要了解的。
There is so much to knowabout this world.
我觉得读那些别人编造出来的东西简直是浪费时间。
I think you read something somebodyjust invented it, waste of time.
这个观点很有意思。
That’s an interesting perspective.
– 那,你比较喜欢哪一个?- 呃,两个都喜欢。
– So, which one do you like better?- Oh, well, I like them both.
不过,呒,如果非要选的话,我得说我更喜欢那个黑的。
But, um, if pressed, I would have to saythat I prefer the dark.
给你说过了!
– [ Murmuring ]- [Jack ] Told ya.!
-再见。-再见。
– Bye-bye.- Bye.
-再见。-再见。
– Bye.- Bye.
再见。
Bye.
你♥他♥妈♥的刚才在哪儿?嗯?我在那儿都快死了。
Where the fuck were you, man? Huh?I was dying in there.
-本来我们现在都应该在100英里开外了。-交通堵塞,我也没办法。
– We’re supposed to bea hundred miles away by now.- I can’t help the traffic.
哦,得了吧,你♥他♥妈♥的酒鬼。你自己明白。
Oh, come on. You’re fucking hungover.You know you are.
好吧,我昨天晚上是尝了一点,没错。
Okay, there wasa tasting last night, yes.
我不过是想给我们的车旅准备点好东西。看那个盒子。
But I wanted to get us something nicefor the ride up. Check out the box.
你干吗告诉他们我的小说已经在出版了?
Why did you tell themthat my novel was being published?
-因为你说过你都联♥系♥好了。-没有,我没说过,没有。
– ‘Cause you said you had it all lined up.- No, I didn’t. No. No.
我说的是”迷题”出版社的人表示有兴趣。
What I said was that there wassome interest at Conundrum.
-对。”迷题”。-那个编辑要把小说递给高层编辑。
– Yeah. Conundrum.- And that one of the editorswas passing it to a senior editor.
我觉得听上去不错。听上去你已经搞定了。
Sounds pretty good to me.Sounds like you’re in.
没有,希望并不大。
No. It’s a long shot.
再说,”迷题”只是一家小的专业出版社。
Besides, Conundrum,it’s just a small specialty press.
我不打算抱太大希望。
I’m not gonna get my hopes up.
你知道,我已经不再关心这事了。
You know? I’ve stopped caring.
算了吧。我已经不再关心了。
The hell with it.I have stopped caring.
听起来好像这次能成。我是说,我能感觉到。
It sounds like it’s gonna happen this time.I mean, I can feel it.
我想就是这次了。嗯?
I think this is the one. Huh?
我真为你感到骄傲,伙计。
I’m really proud of you, man.
-现在别打开。还热着呢。-为什么不行?
– Don’t open that now. It’s warm.- Why not?
Jack, 这可是1992年的Byron酒。这可是非常稀罕的。懂么?
Jack, that is a 1992 Byron.It’s really rare. Okay?
-我一直存着它。别打—好的,我不打。
– I’ve been saving it. Don’t— All right. I won’t open it.
-Jack!
– [ Cork Pops ]-Jack!
浪费了一半。
– [ Chuckling ]- Half of it gone.
嗨,闭嘴行不行!
Hey, shut up. Okay?
祝我们度过愉快地一周!
Here’s to a great week.
来吧。
– Come on.- [ Champagne Pouring ]
嗯,绝对。
Yes. Absolutely.
虽然你很蠢…
Despite your crass behavior…
我还是很高兴我们这次能一起来
I’m actually gladwe’re getting this time together.
对。我也这样想。
Yeah. Me too.
我期待这一天已经很久了。
I’ve been looking forward to thisfor a long time.
-我还以为这一天永远也不会来呢。-哎呀,味道真不错!
– Was beginning to thinkit was never gonna happen.- Man! That’s tasty!
百分之百加州黑皮诺(pinot noir)葡萄单一品种的葡萄园。
That’s 1 00% pinot noir.Single vineyard.
他们现在都不造这种酒了。
They don’t even make it anymore.
-黑皮诺葡萄?-嗯。
– Pinot noir?- Mm-hmm.
-那怎么这是白色的?-哦,上帝啊。
– Then how come it’s white?- Oh,Jesus.
可别在葡萄酒园问这样的问题。
Don’t ask questions like thatup in wine country.
-他们会以为你是弱智呢。-告诉我么。
– They’ll think you’re some kind of dumbshit.-Just tell me.
红葡萄酒的颜色来自葡萄皮。
Color in red winescomes from the skins.
这个酒的葡萄汁不一样,是自然流出的,不是挤压的…
This juice, on the other hand,is free run…
所以在发酵的时候不会接触到葡萄皮–
so that there’s no skin contactduring fermentation–
对了,你有没有看过我最近的草稿?
[ Miles ]Did you read the latest draft, by the way?
-嗯,看过了,看过了。-觉得怎样?
– [Jack ] Oh,yeah.yeah.- And?
非常棒。
It’s great.
我是说,有很多出改动。结构更加紧凑了。
I mean, there are so many improvements.It’s much tighter.
就是看上去–不知道,好像更凝固了似的。
Just seems– I don’t know,more congealed or something.
呒。新的结局怎么样?你喜不喜欢?
Mm-hmm. What about the new ending?Did you like that?
哦,对,新结局比老的那个结局好太多了。
Oh, yeah. New endingvastly superior to the old ending.
就根本没有新结局。
There is no new ending.
从750页以后就没有改动。
Page 7 50 on is exactly the same.
噢,那大概是看着象新的吧…
Well, maybe it just seemed new…
难道是因为所有导致结局的情节都变了?
because everything leading up to itwas so different?
对!肯定是这个原因!
Yeah! That must be it!
哇。我们为什么要下车?
Whoa. Why are we getting off?
-呃,我想停一下。-干什么?
– Uh, I just wanna make one quick stop.- For what?
-我想我们可以去和我妈妈打个招呼。-你妈妈?
– I just thought we could saya quick hello to my mother.- Your mother?
看,明天是她生日。好么?
Look, it’s her birthday tomorrow.Okay?
-我觉得路过不进去拜访挺不对的。-好吧。
– And I don’t feel right driving byand not stopping in.- Okay.
-马上就好。她就住在高速公路边上。-好吧!
– It’ll take a second.She’s right off the freeway.- Okay.!
我不知道是她生日。她今年多大年纪了?
I didn’t know it was her birthday.How old is she gonna be?
呃,嗯…70–多吧。
Uh, oh… 70-something.
噢,这个,帮我那一下。
Oh. Here, hold thesefor just a second.
谢谢。
Thank you.
-惊喜!-惊喜!
– Surprise.!- Surprise!
-生日快乐,妈妈!-生日快乐!
– Happy birthday, Mom!- Happy birthday!
哦,上帝啊!Miles!Jack!
Oh, my God! Miles! And Jack!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!