噢,除了那瓶Richebourg。
Uh, except the Richebourg.
Richebourg?她居然有Richebourg?Holy mackerel.
Richebourg? She has a Richebourg?Holy mackerel.
我真是低估了Stephanie了。
I’ve completelyunderestimated Stephanie.
噢,上帝,看这个。
Oh, good Lord. Um, look at that.
我想…这个酒更适合我们的口味。
I think… this guy’s more our speed.
Andrew Murray.
Andrew Murray.
好的。
Well, okay. All right.
那,你的收藏中有什么宝贝?
So, what gems do you havein your collection?
噢,其实都算不上什么收藏。
Oh, it’s really not muchof a collection, you know.
我的意思是更像是放在柜子里的一点东西。
I mean, more like a small gatheringin a cabinet.
我从来没钱买♥♥那些。
– [ Laughs ]- No, I’ve never really had the wallet for that.
我就是忍♥不住要一瓶一瓶的喝。
I just have to live bottle to bottle.
不过我还是省了些下来,当然了。
I’ve got things I’m saving, definitely.
我想起中的明星就是那瓶1961年的Cheval Blanc。
I guess the star would bea 1961 Cheval Blanc.
你有一瓶61年的Cheval Blanc,却放在那里不动?
You’ve got a ’61 Cheval Blanc,and it’s just sitting there?
-是的,是的。-快去拿。
– Yes, I do.- Go get it.
-好了。-我是认真的!快去!
– [ Laughing ] Okay.- I’m serious! Hurry!
好的,我会去拿的。
All right. I would, I would.
61年的酒现在正是最好的时候,是吧?我从书上看的。
The ’61 s are peaking right now, aren’t they?That’s what I’ve read.
不,对,是的。
No, that’s right, yeah.
可能都已经有点晚了。你还在等什么?
It might be too late already.What are you waiting for?
噢,我不知道。一个特别的场合和最合适的人。
Oh, I don’t know.A special occasion with the right person.
-本来是准备在结婚10周年的时候,但是—呒。
– It was supposed to be formy 1 0th wedding anniversary, but— Mmm.
你知道,当你打开61年的Cheval Blanc的时候
You know, the day you opena ‘6 1 Cheval Blanc…
那就是那个特别的时候。
that’s the special occasion.
嗯,你对葡萄酒感兴趣有多长时间了?
So, uh, how longhave you been into wine?
从我认真开始算起有7年了。
I got serious about seven years ago.
-是哪瓶酒让你开始的?-88年的Sassicaia。
– And what was the bottle that did it?- ’88 Sassicaia.
-啊。很好。恭喜。-呒。
– Ah.! Well, congratulations.- Mmm.
-是啊。-非常好。
– Yeah.- That’s very good.
-很好—真能让你着迷。是的。
– Well— That would do it. Yeah.
嗯。
Hmm.
呒。
Mmm.
哦,哇,真好。真是非常好。
Oh, wow, that’s nice.That’s very good.
我们应该多品一会儿,不过实在是味道太好了。
We need to give it a minute,but that’s really tasty.
你觉得呢?
How about you?
我觉得他们做的有点儿过了。
I think they overdid it a little.
太多酒精味儿,把葡萄的味儿都盖住了。
Too much alcohol.It overwhelms the fruit.
唔。
Huh.
是的,是的。
Yeah. Yeah.
我得说你对钱的态度是对的。
I’d say you’re right on the money.
非常好。很好。
Very good. [ Chuckles ] Nice.
-谢谢。-呒。
– Thank you.- Mmm.
呒。那是Stephanie的孩子么?
Mmm! Is that Stephanie’s kid?
哦,是的。那是Siena.
Oh. Yeah. That’s Siena.
-哦,她是个小甜心。-很可爱,很可爱。
– Oh, she’s a sweetie.- Cute. Cute.
她现在在哪里?
Where is she?
-在她祖母家。-哦。
– She’s at her grandmother’s.- Oh.
在Stephanie的妈妈那里。她经常待在那里。
Steph’s mom.She spends a lot of time over there.
你有孩子么?
You got kids?
哦,我?没有,没有。
Uh, me? No. No.
没有,我会把他们都带坏的。
– No, I’d just fuck ’em up.- [ Laughs ]
没有,这是我的离婚中没有被污染的部分–没有孩子。
No, that was the one unpolluted partof my divorce– no kids.
对。我也是。
Yeah. Same here.
很好。
Good.
我们出去吧。
Let’s go in there.
现在,以很低很低的4.8%的年利率–
[Jack ] Now, for a low, low4.8% A.P.R. financing–
看起来我们的朋友们谈的很投机。
Looks like our friendsare really hitting it off.
对,我也这么觉得。
– Yeah, I would say that.- [ Laughs ]
是的。
– Yeah.- [ Sighs ]
那,你的小说是关于什么的?
– [ Clears Throat ]- So, what’s your novel about?
是我的–哦 兄弟。
What’s my– Oh, brother.
嗯,这个,呃——这很难总结。
Well, it’s, uh–it’s difficult to summarize.
呒…
Um…
开始是一种第一人称叙述…
it starts out as a kind offirst-person narrative…
一个男人照顾他中风后的父亲。
about a guy taking careof his father after a stroke.
-哦。-这个有点根据我的个人经历。
– Oh.- It’s kind of based on, uh, personal experience.
不过只是–只是大体上。
But only– only loosely.
小说名字叫什么?
What’s the title?
昨天的明天。
The Day After Yesterday.
哦,你是说今天。
Oh. You mean today.
呃…呃,是的。我是说,对。不过没那么简单–
Um… uh, yeah.I mean, r-right. But it’s more–
是不是关于,比如,死亡和永恒,或者–
So it’s about, like,death and mortality, or–
哦,对–
[ Sighs ]Uh, yeah–
对,不过也不全是。
Y– Not really.
我,哦–用了很多跳跃式结构。
I, uh– It de– It jumps around a lot.
这是我想表达的,从某种意义上。你懂我的意思么?
That’s what it’s about, in a way.You know what I mean?
你开始以父亲的眼光看周围的一切。
You start to see everythingfrom the point of view of the father.
并且,呃,同时有很多其他事情发生了–并列叙述。
And, uh, a lot of other things happen–parallel narratives.
有点乱。
[ Laughs ]It’s kind of a mess.
然后,最终整个事情向前发展…
And then, eventually,the whole thing sort of evolves…
或者衰退…
or devolves…
最后成为一种Robbe-Grillet 式的迷.
into this sort ofRobbe-Grillet mystery.
你明白么?
You know?
但是没有真正的答案。
But no real resolution.
-喔。-这个–
– Wow.- [ Chuckles ] It–
嗯。我觉得你能出版它真是太棒了。
Well, I think it’s really greatyou’re getting it published.
真的。我是说,我知道仅仅把它写出来就很难了。
Really. I mean, I know how hard it isjust to write it, even.
是啊。
Yeah.
我是说,像我,我的论文星期五就要交了…
I mean, like me, I’ve got this paperdue on Friday…
我紧张的一塌糊涂,像高中生一样。
and I’m freaked out about it,just like in high school.
-论文,嗯?-对。
– A paper, huh?- Yeah.
我正在读园艺学的硕士学位。
I’m going for a master’s degreein horticulture.
慢慢啃的。
Sorta chipping away on it.
-园艺学?真的?-唔。
– Horticulture? Really?- Mmm.
我都不知道这附近还有大学。
I didn’t even knowthat there was a college here.
噢,我跑通勤到San Luis Obispo,两周一次。
Well, I commute to San Luis Obispotwice a week.
园艺学?喔。
Horticulture? Wow.
那你是想在酿酒园还是什么地方工作?
So, do you want to workin a winery or something?
可能吧。
Maybe.
噢。
Oh.
呒。
Hmm.
那,我什么时候才能读你的书?
So, when can I read your book?
嗯,我–你知道,我正好有手稿在车里。
Well, I– You know, I– Well, I do happento have a manuscript in my car.
呃,还没有校对过…
Um, it’s not proofed or anything…
所以会有很多书写错误。
so it’s– it’s full of typos.
-如果你不介意书写错误—不介意,谁管呀?
– If you don’t mind typos— Oh, no. Who cares?
我可是错别字大王。
I’m the queen of typos.
好的。
Okay.
呒。
Mmm.
啊。
Ahh.
能问你个私人问题么,Miles?
You know, can I ask youa personal question, Miles?
当然。
Sure.
你为什么那么喜欢皮诺?
Why are you so into pinot?
我的意思是,就好像你的一个特征一样。
– [ Laughing ]- I mean, it’s like a thing with you.
呃…我也不知道,我也不知道。
Uh… I don’t know. I don’t know.
呃…只是一种很难种植的葡萄。
Um… it’s a hard grape to grow.
你应该知道,对吧?
As you know. Right?
它,呃,它皮很薄…
It’s, uh– It’s thin-skinned…
喜怒无常,熟得很早。
temperamental, ripens early.
它–你知道,它很难生存…
It’s– You know, it’s not a survivor…
不像卡博耐(cabernet)…
like cabernet…
可以在任何地方生长…
which can just grow anywhere…
甚至没人管也能兴旺。
and thrive even when it’s neglected.
不行,皮诺需要持久的关心和照料。你知道?
No, pinot needs constant careand attention. You know?
其实,它只能长在…
And, in fact, it can only grow…
那些极特别的地方世界很少的几个角落。
in these really specific,little tucked-away corners of the world.
只有–只有…
And– And only…
最耐心最精心的种植者
the most patientand nurturing of growers…
can do it, really.才能种它,真的。
can do it, really.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!