这里面有什么啊
What have you got in here anyway?
就是些茶
It’s just PG Tips.
还有些布朗沙司
And some brown sauce.
外加31包巧克力燕麦饼干
Thirty-one packets of chocolate Hobnobs.
那个是腌洋葱 还有卤蛋
That’s pickled onions and, yeah, pickled eggs.
那些都是咸菜
And that’s just pickles. Pickles.
-飞机上禁止带液体 -什么意思
– No liquids on the plane. – What’s that mean?
意思是呢 腌洋葱不让带
It means you can’t take the pickled onions…
卤蛋不让带
or the pickled eggs.
咸菜没事
The pickles fine.
不用说 吉卜林的书我当然读过
Obviously, one has read one’s Kipling,
但我们把这当做探索他国文化
but we view this as an opportunity to explore another culture,
并广交好友的良机
as well as making new friends.
我就盼望能遇到
And a High Court judge is
高等法♥院♥法官这样有层次的人
just the class of guest one was hoping for.
你说是吧 道格拉斯
isn’t it, Douglas?
你说什么
Sorry?
-你是第一次来印度吗 -对
– And, um, is this your first time in India? – Yes.
你看着不像是经常出远门的
You don’t look like an experienced traveler.
是啊
Oh, I’m not.
不过旅行指南我当然读过
But one has read one’s guidebooks.
-行李应该在这儿 -让开点
– It should be there. – No.
你好 我们还没见过 我叫诺曼·卡森斯
Hello. We haven’t met. Norman Cousins.
玛姬·哈德卡索 幸会
Madge Hardcastle. A pleasure.
如果有缘 或许会有”幸”
Play your cards right, and it could be.
那儿 我的轮椅
Look. My chair.
什么 好的马上
What? Oh, yes, yes. Hang on.
各位旅客请注意
May I have your attention, please?
很遗憾地通知大家 飞往斋浦尔的105号♥航♥班♥
We regret to announce cancellation of Flight 105 to Jaipur,
由于目的地天气原因而取消
owing to bad weather at the destination..
很抱歉给您带来不便
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
不等了
Right.
这当然是个好主意
Of course it’s a good idea.
我们怎么能不信任高等法♥院♥法官呢
Who can one trust if not a High Court judge?
这也算有更多机会领略印度风情了
I suppose this way we see more of the country.
有人问起 就说你是我母亲
If anyone asks, say you’re my mother.
我可不想让人觉着咱是一对
I don’t want people to think we’re together.
做梦吧你
In your dreams.
道格拉斯 我通常不会说这话
Douglas, these are not words that often pass my lips,
可你这次或许是对的
but you may actually be right.
这个国家似乎
This country seems
比我原来想的要开化得多
rather more civilized than one originally thought.
谢谢你
Okay. Thank you.
这班车会带我们去市中心
The bus will take us to the center of the town,
之后我们乘坐嘟嘟车到酒店
and then we can get tuk-tuks the rest of the way.
-他说什么 -就在那边上车
– What did he say? – So it’s down there. Yeah, it’s down there.
这边 黄色的车
Down here. The yellow one. That one.
你瞧瞧那车
But look at the bus!
能挤得下吗
There’s not enough room!
印度第一定律 总能挤得下
First rule of India: “There’s always room.”
好了
There we are.
-上车吧 -这肯定很好玩
– In you go. – What larks, Pip!
但愿吧
Well, let’s hope so.
太刺♥激♥了
I’m really loving this.
谢谢
Oh. Thank you.
你疯了吗
Are you insane?
卫生难以保证的食物不要吃
Avoid all food not from a reputable vendor.
说不定是脏水洗的呢
It’ll be washed in impure water.
就是个三明治而已
It’s just a sandwich.
好啊 那我来份火腿奶酪加链球菌吧
Oh, marvelous. Then I’ll have ham, cheese and streptococcus.
或者是细菌拌生菜西红柿
Or perhaps bacteria, lettuce and tomato.
你要吃点吗
Would you like some of this?
这个好像叫土豆抛饼
I believe it’s called aloo ka paratha.
不 我不吃叫不上名字的东西
No, if I can’t pronounce it, I don’t want to eat it.
你多久没来过了
How long since you’ve been here?
40年了
Forty years.
跟我的婚龄一样
That’s as long as I was married.
我丈夫刚刚去世
My husband died recently.
请节哀
Oh, I’m sorry.
你说我们会没事吧
Do you think we’ll be all right?
别问我
God, don’t ask me.
我比你还提心吊胆呢
I’m more scared than you are.

No.
会相当精彩
It’s going to be extraordinary.
嘟嘟车到底是什么
What exactly is a tuk-tuk?
看啊 那是什么
Oh, look! What’s that? Look!
到了吗
Is this it?
-喂 看路啊 -抱歉
– Here! Watch it! – Sorry.
欢迎来到最好的金盏花涉外大酒店
Welcome to The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel!
里面有个印度人
There’s an Indian in there.
挺不错
This will do.
屋里有鸟
Bird in room.
整座建筑极具风格
This is a building of the utmost character,
也就是说
which means that, you know,
部分设施的功能或许会令您感到”意外”
perhaps not everything will function in the way you expect it to.
但是 作为金盏花大酒店的
But, as the manager…
经理兼首席执行监管人员
and Chief Executive Supervising Officer of this Marigold Hotel,
我可以骄傲地说
I can tell you with great pride
这座建筑已经屹立了几个世纪
that the building has stood for centuries…
它还将岿然不动
and will continue to stand
且完全井然有序地度过更多个春秋
for many more in 100% shipshape condition.
请跟我来 小心地上的石块
Please follow me, carefully avoiding that naughty stone there.
转过这个角落
Around this corner,
我们就来到了…
leading us most successfully all the way to-
您的卧室
your bedroom.
在哪
Where?
这就是
Here. In here.
老天啊 有门的才叫房♥间
My dear man, rooms have doors.
这只能算是个壁龛
What you’re showing me here is an alcove.
门马上就能安好 绝对没问题
A door is coming soon, most definitely.
多久能好
How soon?
别让琐事影响了心情 哈德卡索女士
Let us not concern ourselves with details, Mrs. Hardcastle.
与其纠结于门的问题
Rather than speaking of doors,
不如尽情享受无拘无束的漫步
we should instead take pleasure in the freedom to roam.
-你房♥间有门吗 -还相当好用呢
– Does your room have a door? – A most effective one.
很好
Good.
你的房♥间归我了
Then that’s where I’ll be staying.
等您从旅途劳顿中恢复过来
You will be coming to the hospital
就能入院
once you have satisfactorily recovered from your journey.
手术需要住院5天
The operation requires a stay of five days,
术中你将全身麻醉
and it is done under general anesthesia.
髋关节置换术通常只需两小时
A hip replacement usually takes only two hours.
医生会切除你股骨的顶端
Your surgeon will remove the top end of the thighbone…
再换上一块人工骨
and insert an artificial bone instead.
是很常规的手术
A most routine procedure.
你有记号♥笔吗
Have you got a marker pen on you?
怎么了
Why?
我想做上标记
I want to mark it.
我怕你们切掉我的好骨头
I don’t want you to do the wrong hip.
我要换酒店
I want to stay at the other hotel,
换去宣传册上这个
the one that’s in the brochure.
安斯利太太 见证奇迹的时刻到了
Mrs. Ainslie, prepare to be amazed.
这里就是宣传册上的酒店
This is that very building, madam.
你修过图了
You Photoshopped it!
不 这是对未来的展望
No. I have offered a vision of the future.
我当然也希望梦想已经实现
Of course, I’d hoped that by now it would be the present.
但印度有句俗语
But, you know, in India, we have a saying-
一切终会好起来
Everything will be all right in the end.
如果现在不够好 那肯定是没到终点
So if it is not all right, it is not yet the end.
我告诉你怎么能好起来
What will start to make it all right

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!