Well, we played everything together,
我们就这样做了几年的玩伴
and-and it stayed like that for a few years.
后来
And then, um-
后来有一天晚上
And then one night, it, uh-
友情开出了杏桐花
it became something else.
我们共度了几个月快乐的时光
We had a few months together. We had that.
后来有一个周末在乌代普尔
And, um- And then there was a weekend in Udaipur… where…
我们坐在湖边看日落
we were sitting by a lake and watching the sun go down.
我记得当时我想
And, uh, I remember thinking
我这辈子再不会这么快乐了
that I-I would never be this happy again.
被我不幸言中了
And- And I was right.
因为忽然之间 一切都结束了
Because, suddenly, it was over.
我们一起睡着结果被人发现了
We’d fallen asleep, and they found us.
我就够惨的了
Well, it was bad enough for me.
但我一直清楚自己的性取向
But I knew who I was,
我想我家人也猜到几分
and I think my family guessed.
但是
But for-
对于莫纳吉 这是莫大的耻辱
for Manoj, the- the disgrace was absolute.
他父亲被解雇 全家被赶走
His father was fired. His family was sent away, all of them.
后来
And, uh,
或许我当时也做不了什么
well, I don’t know what I could have done.
但也不该袖手旁观
But it should have been more than nothing.
我完全没有阻止
I just- I just let it happen.
没做任何抗争
I didn’t put up any kind of a fight. I-
然后
And then, um-
我回到英国 去上大学
Then I went back to England, to-to-to university.
我一直想
And, uh, I always said, you know,
有一天一定要回来
I’m going to go back. I shall go back.
但一直没回来
And I never did.
现在回来了
Until now.
是啊
Until now.
现在我想
And now I think-
万一我是他最不想见到的人怎么办
What if I’m the last person in the world that he wants to see?
-你想见他吗 -想
– Do you want to see him? – Yes.
很想
Yes, yes.
那你就得去见他
Then you must.
我们现在运作良好 马鲁提先生
So now that we are fully operational, Mr. Maruthi,
显然只需注入一小笔资金
it is clear that, with a small injection of funds
用于二♥期♥工程建设
for the phase two development,
最好的金盏花涉外大酒店
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
就会如凤♥凰♥涅槃
can rise like a phoenix…
重现往日的光辉
to its previous state of glory.
我所说的一小笔资金
And, look, when I say small injection,
是指中型的小笔资金
I mean small in the sense of, uh, medium-sized.
-可能是大型的 -这家酒店就没光辉过
– Possibly larger. – Well, this hotel was never glorious.
那就只有浴火重生
Just the phoenix part then.
-你要建多少房♥间 -很多
– How many rooms will there be? – Many. Mmm.
-是多少 -非常多
– How many? – A great amount.
很多房♥间 毋庸置疑
Plenty of rooms. No question.
我这人不重细节 马鲁提先生
I’m not a details man, Mr. Maruthi.
这点像你父亲
Nor was your father.
马鲁提先生 容我向您介绍我们的一位贵客
Mr. Maruthi, I present to you one of our beloved guests.
亲爱的唐纳利女士
Dear Mrs. Donnelly,
请尽您所能向我们详述一下
please can you describe to us in as much detail as you desire…
您在这最好的金盏花涉外大酒店
your experience of the ambience and atmosphere…
所感受到的风情
of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
言语难以形容
Words fail me.
我们就爱英国人的机智幽默
Ah, the English wit we love so greatly.
谢谢女士
Thank you, madam.
她看着还好 其实已经糊涂了
See, the wheel is spinning, but, you know, the hamster is dead.
妈妈 你来做什么
Mummyji, what are you doing here?
你打电♥话♥让我来的
You called. I came.
不可能 电♥话♥是坏的
No, I couldn’t have called. The phones don’t work.
所以我才来
That’s why I came.
慢着 妈妈 这是我办公室
Wait Mummyji, this is my office!
外面那人是谁
Who is that man out there?
桌子上的东西都是我的 不准打开抽屉
The contents of that desk are mine. Do not open the drawers.
你绝不能打开我的抽屉
I must insist that you do not open the drawers.
你到底来干什么
Tell me. Why have you come?
我来看我最爱的儿子也要原因吗
Do I need a reason to visit my favorite son?
他在他德里的豪♥宅♥里
No. He’s in his mansion in Delhi.
好吧 我第二爱的儿子
All right. My second favorite.
他去加拿大赚钱了
He went to Canada to make his fortune.
-他也赚到钱了 -我也赚得到
– And make it, he did. – As I will make mine!
我是有梦想的 妈妈 很棒的梦想
I have a dream, Mummyji. A most brilliant one.
让老人搬来这里住 不只是英国老人
To outsource old age. And it is not just for the British.
还有很多其他国家
There are many other countries
也不喜欢老年人
where they don’t like old people too.
桑尼 你两个哥哥
Sonny, your brothers
各持有酒店三分之一的股份
own one-third of this hotel each.
他们也有权享有那三分之一的利益
They’re also entitled to one-third of the profits, no?
人不可能一夜成功 妈妈
Success does not happen overnight, Mummyji.
这些好高骛远的想法
This is blue-sky thinking,
需要长♥期♥的策划和耐心才能实现
and it requires long-term strategy and-and-and patience.
你女朋友呢
How is your girlfriend?
我很期待你们见面
I look forward to you meeting her.
我还期待
And I look forward to
你去见你要娶的那个女孩呢
your meeting the girl you’re going to marry.
她来自德里一户不错的人家
She comes from a very good family in Delhi,
家世很好
beta, a very good family.
我的新娘我自己选 妈妈
I can marry as I choose, Mummyji.
我不需要别人首肯
I don’t need anyone’s permission.
一定是你那个女朋友
I presume it is your girlfriend
给你灌输了这么荒唐的想法吧
who tills your head with this nonsense, huh?
就凭这也不该娶她
A very good reason not to marry her.
-如果我爱她呢 -那更不行了
– What if I love her? – An even better reason.
去叫杨·瓦辛姆
Now go and get Young Wasim
把我的行李搬下车
to come and get my luggage from the car.
他搬不动 他背不好
He cannot carry. He has a dicky back.
等等 你的行李
Wait. Your luggage?
-你要待多久 -待到你想明白
– How long are you staying? – As long as it takes.
亲爱的 你那样是打扫不干净的
Dear, you won’t get anywhere sweeping like that.
我以前打理一座很漂亮的宅子 干了很多年
I was in service for years. Looked after a lovely house.
要想打扫干净 你手要多用点劲
Kept it spotless. You need to put more pressure on the brush.
她不懂英文
She won’t speak English.
她在过去就叫贱民
She’s what they used to call an untouchable.
在有身份印度人看来 她的影子都是脏的
To a good Hindu, even her shadow is polluted.
有礼了
Namaste-
你每天都去哪
Where do you go every day?
去见女人吗
Is it a woman?
去吃咖喱 吃甜点
Go for a curry? Have a bit of afters?
不是的
No, no, no. I don’t think so.

I’m, um-
我是个同志
I’m gay. Uh-
不过现在这也就是个说法 不具实质性
Though nowadays, more in theory than in practice.
回见吧
But I-I-I’ll see you later.
总督俱乐部是由基奇纳爵士创办的
The Viceroy Club was opened by the great Lord Kitchener himself,
大部分的装饰都保留了下来
and many of its fixtures have remained unchanged since then.
我看到了
Yes, I see that.
能跟我说说这里的客人吗
Perhaps you could tell me a little about the clientele.
有王公贵胄 富有的鳏夫地主吗
Any maharajas, wealthy widowed landowners?
我们俱乐部规定
It is not the policy of this club
不能泄露会员信息
to divulge details of our members, madam.
-早上好 阁下 -早上好
– Good morning, Your Excellency. – Very good morning.
我在哪注册入会
Where do I sign up?
入会费是120000卢比
The admission fee is 120,000 rupees,
之后每个月要交15000卢比
and, thereafter, it will be 15,000 rupees each month.
不知以我的身份能否打个折扣
I wonder if I might get a little discount, owing to my status.
您什么身份 女士
Your status, madam?
我不想太张扬
Yes. One was rather hoping to fly under the radar,
但是我是王室成员

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!