男孩觉得很冷
The boy was cold.
虽然太阳挂在空中 他却感受不到一丝温暖
Though the sun burned in the sky, it gave no heat.
但是他有一个又大又暖的外套
But he had a warm hat and a big coat.
不 他没有
No, he didn’t.
他已经发现三件事物中的一件了…
He had already found one of the three things…
一个闪光的镜子
a mirror that shone.
但是当他往镜子里看时 他看到了他身后的东西
But when he looked at it, he saw something behind him.
那东西很吓人 非常恐怖
Something scary. Something dreadful!
– 是一匹马 – 不 什沃吉亚 不是一匹马
– A horse! – No, Shauzia, not a horse.
是啊 就是一匹马
Yes, it was.
还是一匹非常老的马 走起路来骨头都咔哒咔哒响
And it was a very old horse whose bones clattered together when it walked.
这一点都不吓人
It wasn’t scary at all.
好吧 看到老马的样子 男孩感到很难过 于是他喂了它一些干草
Fine. The boy felt sad for the old horse and fed him hay.
然后他们都过上了幸福的生活
And they all lived happily ever after.
我才讲到故事的一半 这不是结局
It’s the middle of the story, not the end!
从一个石室的门里
From a door carved into the stone,
走出来一个胖子
out came a round man.
你竟然把我的干草浪费在一匹即将死去的老马身上
You wasted my hay on an old horse that will soon be dead!
胖子把男孩扔进了一口古井的深处
The round man threw the boy deep into the belly of an ancient well.
啊..
Aaah!
在井的底部有绿宝石
At the bottom of the well there were emeralds,
胖子想让男孩把绿宝石拿给他 作为男孩浪费干草的补偿
and the round man wanted them brought up to him as payment for the wasted hay.
你得把那些绿宝石拿给我
You will bring the emeralds to me.
– 他的名字是? – 你问的是那个胖子的?
– What’s his name? – The round man?
不是 是那个男孩的名字
No, the boy.
你不能光讲人家男孩的故事 不给人家起个名字
You can’t have a story about a boy and not give him a name.
你不起我可要给他起名字了啊
Give him a name before I do.
苏莱曼
Sulayman.
他叫苏莱曼
His name is Sulayman.
这是个好名字
That’s a good name.
苏莱曼倒在井的底部
Sulayman lay at the bottom of the well.
突然 他看到了几具骷髅
Suddenly, he could see skeletons.
一共3具骷髅 它们的骨手里都攥着一颗绿宝石
Three skeletons, each with an emerald clutched in its bony hands.
– 他大声呼救 – 救命
– He called out for help. – Help!
那匹可怜的老马从井口向下望着他
The poor old horse looked back at him from way above.
然后它做了一件很神奇的事情
But the horse did something extraordinary.
它发出了世界上所有种动物的叫声
He neighed with the voice of all the world’s animals.
苏莱曼爬啊爬 终于爬到了井的顶部
Sulayman climbed up, up, all the way to the top,
然后他对救他一命的老马表示了感谢
and he thanked the horse for saving his life.
谢谢你救了我的命
Thank you for saving my life.
苏莱曼拿到了那三块宝石
Sulayman had just three emeralds with him…
于是他要求胖子用食物来换
And asked the round man for food in return.
他很饿
He was hungry.
但那胖子即卑鄙又很小气
But the round man was wicked and cheap.
他扔给了苏莱曼一个渔网 让他自己捕鱼吃
He threw a fishing net at Sulayman and he told him to get his own food.
– 这网正是苏莱曼所需之物 – 哈哈
– That was exactly what Sulayman needed. – Ha-ha!
那件用来抓捕的事物
Something that ensnares.
但在苏莱曼的离开后
But as Sulayman left,
三具骷髅的鬼魂从宝石里出来了
the ghosts of the three skeletons came out of the three emeralds
它们在胖子头上缠转盘旋 吓得胖子魂不附体
and swirled and twirled and scared the round man
用如此手段来向害他们丧命的胖子复仇
in frightful vengeance for having lost them their lives.
苏莱曼和那匹老马继续向山那边进发
Sulayman and the horse continued their journey toward the mountain,
但老马越走越慢了
but the horse was getting slower and slower.
它实在是太老了 需要休息
He needed to rest, being very, very old,
于是苏莱曼为它搭了一个帐篷
and so Sulayman made a shelter for the horse
然后让这匹马等他回来
and told him to wait for him.
那匹马有意阻止男孩…
The horse protested…
但苏莱曼知道 象王和它的爪牙
but Sulayman knew he had to face the Elephant King and the jaguars
他必须亲自去面对
all by himself.
我们会再见面的 老伙计
I will see you again, old horse.
说完他就一个人上路了
And so on he went alone.
明天是星期三
Tomorrow is Wednesday.
我要到监狱去了
I’m going back there, to the prison.
他们到时候会让我见我爸爸的
They’ll have to let me see him then.
从现在开始 你就别出门了
From now on, you’re staying inside.
– 那么做太危险了 – 不 妈妈
– It’s much too dangerous. – No, Mama-jan.
– 我们会一起设法逃出来的 – “我们”?
– We manage all right out there. – “We”?
我和德利瓦 她也是个女孩 我们一起工作
Me and Deliwar. She’s a girl too. We work together.
我们已经给我表兄写信了 让他们给你姐姐在马扎安排一门亲事
We’ve written to my cousin to arrange a marriage for your sister in Mazar
他们回信表示同意
They wrote back, and it was accepted.
后天会有人来把我们带走
Someone will come for us the day after tomorrow to take us away.
– 你以后不用再冒险去监狱了 – 什么?
– You don’t need to do this anymore. – What?
这日子不能这么过
We can’t go on like this.
– 我们不能靠你养活啊 – 为什么?
– We can’t depend on you to keep us alive. – Why?
我现在挣的钱足够养家了
I provide for you just fine.
这不是一个孩子的工作
It’s not the job of a child.
我们怎么能撇下爸爸离开
How can we leave without Baba?
每天你回家的时候 身上都带着伤口
Every day you come home with cuts and blisters.
每天你出去工作 我都不知能否看到你安然归来
Every day you go out there, and I don’t know if I’ll see you back again.
我不能连你也失去
I can’t lose you too.
我不会去的
I’m not going.
爸爸会回来的 我们走了 家里就没人等他了
Baba could come back, and no one will be here waiting for him.
那我们要等多久
So how long should we wait?
等到他们发现你是女孩 然后也把你从我身边夺走吗?
Until you’re found out and taken away from me?
等到我不得不把扎西送出去 来赚钱养家吗?
Until I have to send Zaki out to earn our keep?
在我们离开之前 让我去看看他吧
Let me go see him before we leave.
好让他知道我们要去的是哪
Let me tell him where we are going.
– 帕尔瓦娜 – 让我帮他把手杖带上
– Parvana! – Let me bring him his walking stick.
然后我就跟你走
Then I will go with you.
我会做一个好妹妹 一个好女儿
Then I will be a good sister and a good daughter.
我发誓
I promise.
我保证
I promise.
听话 不要走
Please don’t go.
听妈妈的吧 现在外面太危险了
Please, it is much too dangerous now.
妈妈 我走了
Mama-jan, I’m going.
宵禁之前我一定回来
I’ll be back tonight before curfew.
– 不要 苏莱曼 – 妈妈
– No, Sulayman. – Mama-jan.
– 你赶不回来的 – 让她去吧
– You won’t come back. – Let her go now.
让帕瓦尔娜去吧
Let Parvana go.

Oh!
帕瓦尔娜
Parvana.
德利瓦
Deliwar!
你差点把我吓死
You frightened me half to death.
我一直在到处找你
I’ve been looking for you everywhere.
找我♥干♥嘛?想跟我一起去柴家商店干活吗?
Why? You want to work at the chai shop with me this morning?
– 不 我不行 – 嘿 你想给扎西弄些糖果吗?
– No, I can’t. – Hey, you want some candy for Zaki?
明天我们就要离开喀布尔
We are leaving Kabul tomorrow.
你要离开我吗?
You are leaving me?
家里都安排好了 我也无能为力
It’s been arranged. There’s nothing I can do.
我姐姐就要去马札里沙里夫结婚了
My sister is getting married in Mazar-e-Sharif.
我还要再去一次监狱
I’m going back to the prison.
我找到了一个能帮我的人
I found someone who can help me,
而且我需要更多的钱来贿赂看守
and I need to get more money to bribe the guard.
今天是最后期限了
I’ll need it today.
你只会挨更多拳头的 这个想法很愚蠢
You’ll just get another punch in the guts. It’s a stupid idea.
这次不会的
I won’t let that happen this time.
– 我说了这个想法很愚蠢 – 求你了帮帮我吧
– I said it’s a stupid idea. – Please help me.
你想让我怎么做?
What do you want me to do?
像你的儿童故事里那样 用魔法变出一些钱来给你吗?
Magic some money into your hand like in your kids’ stories?
那是行不通的 帕瓦尔娜
It doesn’t work like that, Parvana.
我帮不了你
I can’t help you.
赶紧逃到马札里沙里夫 然后享受那美好的婚礼吧
Now run away to Mazar-e-Sharif and have a nice wedding party.
也许他们也会给你配个丈夫 你的麻烦就都不存在了
Maybe they’ll find a husband for you too and your troubles will be over.
至少能挺到婚礼结束
Until after the wedding, at least.
你这个傻瓜
You fool!
德利瓦
Deliwar!
什沃吉亚
Shauzia.
什沃吉亚
Shauzia.
和我们一起走吧
Come with us.
我不能
I can’t.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!