我猜他还很富
闭嘴
And I’ll bet he’s really rich too. Shut up.
哪位?
特里·瑞博森
Who is it? Terry Rapson here.
对不起,这么早给你打电♥话♥
Sorry to call you so early.
没有,教授,没关系
什么事?
No, professor, it’s all right. What is it?
喔,我们有了一些重大发现
重大而且麻烦,是这样…
Well, we’ve found something extraordinary. Extraordinary and disturbing, that is.
你还记得你在新德里做的演讲吗?
有关极地冰川融化…
You recall what you said in New Delhi about how polar melting…
…有可能阻碍北大西洋暖流的理论?
是的
…might disrupt the North Atlantic Current? Yes.
嗯…
Well…
…我认为这正在发生
…I think it’s happening.
你是什么意思?
What do you mean?
我们的一个流浪者型浮标记录了
一个十三度的…
One of our NOMAD buoys registered a 13-degree drop…
…表层温度下降
我已经给你发了电子邮件
…in surface temperature. I’ve sent you an e-mail.
等一下
Hold on.
起初我们以为是机械故障
A t first we thought it was a malfunction.
但是横跨北大西洋
有四个浮标显示同样情况
But there are four more across the North A tlantic showing the same thing.
这真令人难以置信
This is unbelievable.
你预言它会发生的
You predicted it would happen.
是的,但是不是在我们这一代
太快了
Yes, but not in our lifetime. This is too fast.
没有任何预报模型有可能…
There are no forecast models remotely capable…
…预测这次的情况,除了你的
…of plotting this scenario, except yours.
我的模型是根据史前时代
暖流迁移而重建的
My model is a reconstruction of a prehistoric climate shift.
这不是一个预报模型
It’s not a forecast model.
但这是我们现有的最接近的东西
It’s the closest thing we have.
这在此前从来没有发生过
Nothing like this has ever happened before.
至少在最近一万年里
At least not in the last 10,000 years.
就象我在昨天所预测的那样
加强了的诺娜莉飓风是难以想象的
As I predicted yesterday, the swell off Hurricane Noelani is incredible.
这些浪头甚至比我想象的还要大
请看一看
These waves are even bigger than I imagined. Just take a look.
你不该去检查一下天气吗?
这里是洛杉矶,管它什么天气?
Shouldn’t you be monitoring the weather? This is L.A. What weather?
等等,那是什么声音?
Wait. What’s that noise?
什么声音?
What noise?
宝贝,我马上回来
Honey, I’ll be right back.
海岸警卫队已经封锁了海岸海滩
海浪已经变得太大了…
The Coast Guard closed the beaches, as waves have grown too big for…
洛杉矶气象中心
这是汤米,我在海滩上呢
L.A. Weather Center. It’s Tommy.
我有事情要忙,汤米
你需要什么?
I’m in the middle of something, Tommy. What do you need?
这里正下着象高尔夫球
一样大小的冰雹
There’s hail the size of golf balls coming down here.
一个低气压气团
正沿加里福尼亚海岸运动…
A low-pressure system along the California coast…
…生成的飓风横扫洛杉矶盆地
…is creating a cyclonic system across the L.A. Basin.
什么?
老板,打开气象频道
Yeah? Boss, turn on The Weather Channel.
我想我们得发布一个龙♥卷♥风♥警报
你在说什么?
I think we have to issue a tornado warning. What are you talking about?
帕穆戴尔和兰喀斯特报告风速在增强…
Palmdale and Lancaster are reporting wind speeds in excess…
等我一下
加里福尼亚♥情♥况很不正常
Hold on a second. Conditions highly unusual for California.
我们正在建造一个预报模型
我们需要… 什么?
We’re building a forecast model, we need… What?
让我们优先使用巨型计算机
两天,也许是三天
Priority access to the mainframe for two days, maybe three.
喔,就这样吗?没别的了?
我们现在就要
Oh, is that it? Anything else? We need it immediately.
我会说你疯了…
I would say that you’ve lost your mind…
…但是你这样已经二十年了
…but you’ve been this way for the past 20 years.
汤姆,这很重要
你要建造的预报模型是什么样?
Tom, this is important. What’s this forecast model you’re building?
珍尼特·霍卡达,这是杰克·霍尔
珍尼特是国家航♥空♥航♥天♥局的飓风专家
Janet Tokada, this is Jack Hall. Janet’s a hurricane specialist with NASA.
杰克,古气象学家
我不知道他要干什么
Jack’s a paleoclimatologist, and I have absolutely no idea what he’s up to.
卜克,这里发生了什么?
Booker. What’s going on here?
他们刚刚在洛杉矶发布了飓风警报
They just issued a tornado warning in Los Angeles.
特别新闻,在我们正准备去洛杉矶
进行现场报道
Breaking news as we prepare to go live to Los Angeles.
数份报告显示这一地区
出现了一些极为特殊的天气情况
Mixed reports are coming in about some extreme weather occurring in the area.
好,现在由我们福克斯的同事
为您在洛杉矶现场报导
Okay, we’re now going live to our Fox affiliate in Los Angeles.
我们现在在福克斯十一号♥直升机报道
你在吗,巴特?
We have live coverage now from our Fox 11 chopper. Are you there, Bart?
对,我在,这些龙♥卷♥风♥形成的太快了–
Yes, I’m here. These tornados are forming so fast…
巴特!
什么?喔! 喔,天啊!
Bart! What? Oh! Oh, my God.
利萨,你在拍吗?
Lisa, are you getting this on camera?
龙♥卷♥风♥正在卷走好莱坞的标志
This tornado just erased the Hollywood sign.
好莱坞的标志被刮没了
就这么成碎片了
The Hollywood sign is gone. It’s just shredded.
巴特,你能看到什么?
有人受伤吗?
Bart, what can you see? Is anyone hurt?
对此我不会惊讶的,损失太大了
I wouldn’t be surprised. There is so much damage.
有很多人在那里拍照片
And there are people down there taking pictures.
嘿,你们在干什么?
快找地方躲一躲!
Hey, what the hell are you guys doing? Go for cover!
你不能待在这里!
离开这里!
You can’t stay here! Get out of here!
你们正在看到的是两个龙♥卷♥风♥正在
袭击洛杉矶国际机场
What you’re seeing are two actual tornados striking Los Angeles International Airport.
等一下,看来它们合并成了
一个巨大的龙♥卷♥风♥
Wait. It looks like they’ve joined and formed one large tornado.
汤米!
喔,天啊!
Tommy! Oh, my God!
糟了!
Holy shit!
我要警告所有观众远离这里…
I’d like to urge all of our viewers to stay away…
杰夫,你在哪?
我在雨卡和万恩街口
Jeff, where are you? I’m on Yucca and Vine.
我在路上
你在电视上,你正好在镜头里
I’m on my way. You’re on TV. You’re in the middle of it.
天啊! 喔,我的天啊!
God! Oh, my God!
你应该马上离开这里,哥们
You gotta get out of there, man.
那辆客车正好砸在保时捷上!
That bus just got dropped on top of that Porsche!
喔,我的天啊
希望车里没人
Oh, my God. I hope no one was in that car.
现在为那些刚刚打开电视的观众解释一下
For our national audience just joining us now…
…我们现在正直播洛杉矶市区
汤米?
…we are going live to downtown Los Angeles right now. Tommy?
如果你看到我后面,那是龙♥卷♥风♥
If you look over there behind me, that’s a tornado.
对,洛杉矶的龙♥卷♥风♥
Yes, a twister in Los Angeles.
这是那些正在毁灭我们城市的
龙♥卷♥风♥其中之一
It’s one of many tornados that are destroying our city.
那还有一个
那里是洛杉矶的地平线
There’s another one. That’s the Los Angeles skyline.
这真令人难以置信! 太大了!
我从来没见过这样的
It’s unbelievable! It’s huge! I’ve never seen anything like it.
发生了什么?
What’s happening?
这看起来像…
It looks like some sort of…
…巨大的,惊人的,恐怖的噩梦
只不过这一次是真的
…huge, horrific, terrifying nightmare, only this is the real thing.
对,我正在看
Yes, I’m looking at it right now.
对,是
发生了什么事?
Yes, it is. What’s happening?
我会给你打回去的
I’ll call you back.
总统先生,洛杉矶遭遇了
一系列的龙♥卷♥风♥袭击
Mr. President, Los Angeles has been devastated by a series of tornados.
除此之外,联邦航♥空♥局希望你下令
终止所有空中交通
On top of that, the FAA wants your approval to suspend all air traffic.
你认为我们该怎么办?
在我们搞清楚事情原委之前…
What do you think we should do? Until we can figure it out…
…我想我们没有什么选择,先生
…I don’t think we have much choice, sir.
你们现在所看到的是龙♥卷♥风♥过后的
洛杉矶市内情况
What you’re seeing is what’s left of downtown Los Angeles.
嘿,哥们
我刚刚给我妈妈打完电♥话♥
Hey, man, I just got off the phone with my mom.
对不起大家,我十分抱歉
但是我们需要换频道
Excuse me, you guys. I’m really sorry, but we need to change the channel.
联邦航♥空♥局已经
终止了美国所有空中交通
The FAA has grounded all air traffic in the United States.
不幸的是这道命令
对这两架飞机来说来的太晚了…
Unfortunately, the order came too late for two planes…
…猛烈的湍流
致使它们在中西部地区坠毁
…brought down by severe turbulence in the Midwest.
第一架…
“十亿分之一”理论不起作用了
The first flight… So much for “one in a billion.”
好,好,听着,大家,请听一下

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!