All right. All right, listen up, everybody. Listen up, please.
我们有很多工作要做
我们没有太多的时间…
We’ve got a lot of work to do, and we don’t have much time…
…那么我们现在开始
请,沃斯亭?
…so let’s get started, please. Vorsteen?
我们所有的网格模型都没有用了
All our grid models are worthless.
我认为这次网格模型帮不了我们
I don’t think grid models are gonna be a lot of help here.
加拿大人报告猛烈的旋风正从北极移来
Canadians report tremendous circulation moving from the Arctic.
在西伯利亚,一个前所未见的
低气压云团已经形成
In Siberia, there’s a low-pressure system never before seen.
澳大利亚遇到了有史以来
最强烈的台风
And Australia just saw the strongest typhoon ever recorded.
这些现象之间有联♥系♥吗?
我们必须考虑这种可能性
These things are interconnected? We have to consider the possibility.
唯一有可能影响全球气候的力量
是太阳
The only force strong enough to affect global weather is the sun.
国家航♥空♥航♥天♥局有什么看法?
我们已经检查过了
What’s NASA have to say? We’ve already checked.
太阳一切正常
Solar output is normal.
那么北大西洋暖流呢?
那有什么关系?
What about the North Atlantic Current? What about it?
我昨晚接到了海德兰中心
瑞博森教授的电♥话♥
I got a call last night from Professor Rapson at the Hedland Center.
他认为暖流已经变化了
He thinks the current has changed.
好啦,杰克,那怎么可能?
Oh, come on, Jack. How could that be?
暖流的形成取决于
淡水与盐份间的微妙平衡
The current depends upon a balance of salt and freshwater.
这个我们都清楚
是的…
We all know that. Yes…
…但是从来没有人调查过
因为极地冰雪的融化…
…but no one knows how much freshwater has been dumped into the ocean…
…有多少淡水流入了大海
…because of melting polar ice.
我想我们达到了一个
盐分稀释的关键点了
I think we’ve hit a critical desalinization point.
这可以解释是什么造成了
这种极端的天气
It would explain what’s driving this extreme weather.
海德兰中心有一些令人信服的数据
Hedland had some pretty convincing data.
他们已经要求我将之输入
我的古气候模型当中,以预测今后的情况
They’ve asked me to feed it into my paleoclimate model to track the next events.
你是说这些不正常的天气还会继续吗?
Are you suggesting these weather anomalies are gonna continue?
不仅仅是继续,会更糟
Not just continue. Get worse.
我认为我们遇到了
一次巨大的气候转变
I think we’re on the verge of a major climate shift.
汤姆,你准备和管理层怎么讲?
What are you gonna tell the Administration?
你想我应该讲什么?
政♥府♥现在必须作好长♥期♥性准备了
What do you expect me to tell them? The government has to make preparations.
杰克,你有的只是一个理论
给我巨型机,我可以证明它
You have a theory. Give me the mainframe. I’ll prove it.
不行
No.
你有四十八小时
You have 48 hours.
霍尔教授

Professor Hall. Yes.
我认为你的理论有可能是正确的
跟我来
I think your theory may be correct. Walk with me.
就在几个星期前
我观察到了最强烈的飓风记录
Just a few weeks ago, I monitored the strongest hurricane on record.
冰雹,龙♥卷♥风♥,这些都合乎理论
The hail, the tornados, it all fits.
你的模型能够模拟风暴下的形势吗?
Can your model factor in storm scenarios?
我们没有时间
喔,也许我可以帮忙
We haven’t had the time. Well, maybe I can help.
欢迎加入
谢谢
Welcome aboard. Thanks.
嗨,我是詹森
Hi, I’m Jason.


Hi. Hi.
你有彼得的CT扫描结果吗?
Do you have Peter’s CT scan results?
有,治疗让肿瘤减小了百分之二十
Yeah. The treatments shrunk the tumor 20 percent.
他今天的视力好点了吗?
不,没有变化
Is his eyesight better today? No. No change.
嗨,彼得,你今天怎么样?
好点了
Hi, Peter. How are you doing today? A little better.

Good.
让我来听听
Let me listen here.
你能看见那上面的字了吗?
Can you read that?
不能,但是我记得图片里讲的故事
No, but I remember the story from the pictures.
是吗?
You do?
我妈妈以前经常读给我听
My mother used to read it to me.
她一定会为你骄傲的
你这个勇敢的,大男孩
She must be very proud of you. You’ve been such a brave, big boy.
谢谢
不客气
Thank you. You’re welcome.
给你
谢谢
Here you go. Thank you.
杰克,你已经一连工作了二十四个小时了
Jack, you’ve been working for 24 hours straight.
你是唯一一个没有休息过的
You’re the only one who hasn’t taken a break.
也许我该眯一小会儿了
Maybe I’ll try to shut my eyes for a while.
如果你拿到结果通知我
Call me when you get the results.
弗兰克,他总是这么专心吗?
Frank, is he always so obsessive?

是的
Yeah. Yes.
他从来没放松过吗?
Does he ever lighten up?
没见过
没有
Not really. No.
你们在一起工作多长时间了?
喔,弗兰克已经和他一起工作…
How long have you been working together? Well, Frank’s been working with him…
…从石器时代就开始了
而我刚做了两年的苦役
…since the Stone Age, but I’ve only had to endure two years of servitude.
杰克
Jack.
杰克,我们拿到结果了
Jack, we got the results.
六到八个月?那不可能
Six to eight months? That can’t be.
那时间不是按月算的
是按星期
That time scale isn’t in months. It’s in weeks.
洪水已经造成多处设施关闭
包括林肯和荷兰隧♥道♥
Flooding has caused numerous closures, including the Lincoln and Holland Tunnels.
这所学校里的管道十分破旧
这种大雨,下水道很快就堵了
The plumbing in the school is really old. With this rain, the sewage got stopped up.
你在哪里过夜?
Where are you staying?
他们在为我们找住处
They’re finding a place for us with kids here.
你肯定不能在明天之前回到家里吗?
You can’t get home any sooner than tomorrow?
喔,看,爸爸,如果我能的话
我会的,你知道,只是…
Well, look, Dad, I would if I could, you know. It’s just…
气味太难闻了,爸爸
This smell is unbearable, Dad.
别再讲笑话了! 我想让你尽早回家
Stop kidding around! I want you home.
爸爸,我会上火车的
Dad, I’ll be on the train.
帮我个忙,就别担心我了
我会处理好的
Do me a favor. Just don’t worry about me. I’ll figure it out.
好吧,儿子,我们明天见
All right, son. I’ll see you tomorrow.
嘿,萨姆,猜怎么着?
Hey, Sam, guess what?
我们找到个地方了
We got a place to stay.
太好了
Great.
到现在为止,恶劣的气候还没有
袭击华盛顿,但是本地居民不准备冒险
So far, the terrible weather hasn’t hit D.C., but local residents aren’t taking chances…
…人们纷纷抢♥购♥以防备被认为是…
…as people stock up for what is already being billed as…
有史以来最糟糕的风暴季节
你最好能确定
…the worst storm season on record. Better be sure.
我可是生死寄于一线
你看过模型了
My ass is on the line. You saw the model.
我希望那是错的
And I hope to God it’s wrong.
副总统先生
汤姆
Mr. Vice President. Tom.
你认识霍尔教授
对,我们见过面
You know Professor Hall. Yes, we’ve met.
霍尔教授有些重要信息
我想你该看一看
Professor Hall has some information I think you should look at.
我们刚从模拟模型中得到了些结果
We just got these results from our simulation model.
他们会解释是什么导致了这样的天气
我等会儿会读的
They explain what’s causing this weather. I’ll read it later.
我必须先和联邦应急管理局开个会–
这非常紧急
I have to meet with the director of FEMA… This is very urgent.
我们的气候在下六到八个星期之内
将发生剧烈变化
Our climate is changing violently. It will happen over the next six to eight weeks.
你说过这在一百年内不会发生
You said this wouldn’t happen for another 100 years.
我错了
喔,那可能这次你也错了
I was wrong. Well, suppose you’re wrong this time.
我希望我是错的,但是你必须意识到
到处都发生了什么
I wish I were, but you’re aware of what’s happening everywhere.
我们已经为这次风暴做好了必要的准备
你还想让我们做什么?
We’re making all the necessary preparations for this storm. What more do you expect?
你必须现在开始考虑进行
大范围的疏散工作
You have to start thinking about large-scale evacuations right now.
特别是北部的州
Especially in the Northern states.
疏散?

Evacuations? Yes.
你疯了吗,霍尔?
我必须走了
Have you lost your mind, Hall? I have to go.
副总统先生! 如果我们现在不行动的话
那就太晚了
Mr. Vice President! If we don’t act now, it’s going to be too late.
来吧,杰克

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!