如果我今晚把画拿回去,也许他们会放过我。
– Well, what’ll you tell Mam?- What can I tell her?
-那你怎么跟妈妈说? -我该怎么跟她说啊?
Here, I’m gonna slip back.Keep them entertained.
这样,我先溜回去。你让他们保持轻松心情。
What am I supposed to do? You can’t…
我该怎么办?你不能…
I don’t know. Take them to the Green Tree.
我不知道。带他们去绿树酒吧。
Spread the news, I’m on my way
告诉大家,我马上就到
Woopah, oh, yeah, yeah?
哇呜,哦,耶,耶
All my blues have blown away Woopah, oh, yeah, yeah
我所有的忧郁都被吹走了,哇哦,哦,耶,耶
Kempton?
肯普顿?
I can explain.
我能解释。
Oh…
哦…
Oh, my good God.
哦。我的老天爷啊。
It was you?
原来是你?
You stole the painting?
是你偷了画?
It’s not theft for money.
这不是为了钱财的盗窃。
It’s, you know, for the campaign.
你知道,这是为了那倡议运动的。
You’re a madman.
你真是疯了。
I’m living with a madman.
我一直和一个疯子生活在一起。
But you swore to me. You promised.
但你对我发过誓。你保证过。
– If you’ve involved our Jackie…
– Jackie’s had nothing to do with it.
-如果你把我们的杰克牵扯进来…-杰克跟这事没关系
Well, why’s he wearing rubber gloves half the time?
为什么他总是戴着橡胶手套?
– He helped me build the panel.- So he is involved?
-他帮我做了夹层。-所以他参与了?
He hasn’t touched the painting, not without rubber gloves on.
他没有碰过这幅画,除非戴着橡胶手套。
– I’m shaking.- It’s the shock.
-太让我震惊了。-是很震惊。
Shock, yes. I’m shocked there’s a stolen masterpiece in me wardrobe.
震惊,是的。我衣柜里居然有偷来的杰作,真让我震惊。
I’m taking it back.
我要把它拿回去。
Anything else I need to know?
还有什么我不知道的吗?
– I lost me job at the bakery.- Oh, there’s a surprise.
-我丢了面包房♥的工作。-哦,这是个惊喜。
I stood up against racial bigotry.
我反抗种族偏见。
– Well done.- Someone had to say something.
—做得好。-总得有人说点什么。
Yes, and he’s called Martin Luther-bloody-King,
是的,他叫马丁·路德·金,
not Kempton Bunton.
不是肯普顿·伯顿。
You swore you’d get a job.We had an agreement.
你发誓你会找到一份工作。我们有协议的。
You lied.
你骗人。
You lied. You lied when you said all this would stop.
你说谎了。当你说这一切会结束的时候,你在撒谎。
You don’t care, do you? No, no, no, it’s just…
你不在乎,是吗?不,不,不,只是…
Just me, me, me, isn’t it? No one else exists.
只有我,我,我,不是吗?没有其他人存在。
Pammy knows I’ve got it.
帕米知道我♥干♥的这事。
Oh, heavens.
哦,天呐。
There’s a reward. 5,000.She’s after the money.
有个5000英镑的悬赏,她是冲着钱而来的。
So then if…
如是那样…
– She’ll go to the police.- It’s possible, but…
-她会报♥警♥的。-有可能,但是…
– And they’ll come here.- Only if it’s…
-他们会来的。-除非…
In the street!
已经来到了街上!
– They’ll drag you out in handcuffs!- Listen. Listen, calm down.
-他们会把你铐起来的! —听我说。听着,冷静下来。
I can’t calm down!
我无法冷静下来!
I’m at top pitch!
我快受不了了!
I’m taking the painting back to London tonight quietly.
今晚我要悄悄把画带回伦敦。
That would be the best thing for us.For all of us.
这对我们来说是最好的选择。为了我们所有人。
I might have to do a bit of time…
我可能要蹲一段时间…
It’s a £140,000 painting. You’ll do life!
这可是价值14万的名画。你会坐牢一辈子的!
No, love, I’s not like that.
不,亲爱的,我不是那种人。
I was gonna use it for, you know, the greater good of mankind.
我本想用它来造福人类。
Mankind! What about your own kind?
人类!你自己怎么办?
You’ve broken this family. You’re disgusting.
你毁了这个家。你真恶心。
Get out, you bastard. Just go… Get out!
滚出去,你这个混♥蛋♥。快滚…出去!
Dad! Dad, I’m coming with you.
爸爸!爸爸,我和你一起去。
No, you’re not. This is my thing.
别,你别去,这不是你的事。
– No, but, Dad…- Nothing to do with you.
-不行,但是,爸爸…-和你没关系。
Now, stay and look after your mother.
你现在要做的就是,照顾你妈。
Excuse me, sir.
对不起,先生。
Are you taking one of our paintings?
你是拿了我们的一幅画吗?
No, son. I’m bringing one back.
不是,小子。我正把一幅画带回来。
Meanwhile, in an unexpected development,
与此同时,一件意想不到的事情发生了,
Goya’s portrait of the Duke of Wellington has been returned, by hand,
在伦敦国家美术馆被盗的
to where it was stolen
戈雅的《惠灵顿公爵》的画像被人
from London’s National Gallery.
亲自归还了原处。
At a press conference, an official described
在一次新闻发布会上,一名官员描述了
how a member of the public had simply walked in off the streets
一名民众是如何把这幅画夹在胳膊下,
with the painting under his arm,wrapped up in a bit of old brown paper.
用一张旧牛皮纸裹着,从街上走了进来。
And when our reporter tried it, nobody batted an eyelid.
当我们的记者试着这么做时,没有人惊讶。
Devlin looked down from his bench and said,
德夫林坐在他那法官席上,俯视着说:
“Mr Hutchinson, are you trying to show this court contempt?”
“哈钦森先生,你是想在法庭上表现出蔑视吗?”
I said, “My lord, no, I’m actually trying to hide it.”
我说:“法官大人,不是的,我其实是想把轻蔑收敛起来。”
Well, first rule of advocacy:don’t be funnier than the judge.
所以,辩护的第一原则就是:别比法官还放肆。
Yes.
没错。
Mr Bunton, I’m your barrister, Jeremy Hutchinson.
伯顿先生,我是你的律师,杰里米·哈钦森。
Oh, that’s a shame.
哦,太遗憾了。
I thought you were going to offer me a gin and tonic.
我以为,你会给我带杯杜松子酒加汤力水。
Well, I’m out tonight.
我今晚要出门。
My wife is in The Cherry Orchard.
我老婆要出演契科夫的《樱桃园》
– Playing Ranevskaya?- Indeed.
-扮演拉涅夫斯卡娅?-是的。
Like life, I can never decide if The Cherry Orchard
就如同生活,我无法确定《樱桃园》
is a tragedy or a farce.
是悲剧,还是闹剧。
You know the play?
你知道这出戏吗?
It’s one of me favourites.I lost a child meself.
这是我的最爱之一。我自己也失去了一个孩子。
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉。
I’m a playwright.
我是名剧作家。
As a matter of fact, I prefer Chekhov to Shakespeare.
事实上,我更喜欢契诃夫,而不是莎士比亚。
For me, the Bard is overfond of his kings.
在我看来,莎翁太喜欢他的那些国王了。
Eric Crowther. Junior counsel.
埃里克·克洛泽。初级律师。
Mr Hutchinson’s wife is the actress Dame Peggy Ashcroft.
哈钦森的妻子是女演员佩吉·阿什克罗夫特。
(曾经因《印度之行》获奥斯卡最佳女配角奖)
– Yes.- Oh. You’re a lucky man.
-是吧。-哦,你真幸运。
Well…
算是吧…
Court number one, eh?
在一号♥法庭开庭,对吧?
– Mmm.- The Old Bailey.
-嗯。-就在著名的老贝利街上。
The crucible of British criminal justice.
它见证了严酷的英国刑事司法。
– Dr Crippen.- Derek Bentley. Ruth Ellis.
-审过克里朋医生毒妻案。-德雷克.本特利袭♥警♥案。露丝.艾利斯杀男友案。
Well, they were all hung… I mean, hanged.
他们都被绞死了…我的意思是,我也会被绞死。
Well, they didn’t have Mr Hutchinson defending them.
那是因为,他们没有哈钦森先生为他们辩护。
– Who’s prosecuting?- Neddie Cussen.
-起诉方是谁?-内迪.卡森。
– Score’s seven to two.- To you?
-庭审记录是7胜2负。-是你们的吗?
To him. Yes, born prosecutor, Neddie.
是他的。他是一名天生的检控官,内迪。
Defendant’s always guilty until proven innocent.
在被证明无罪之前,被告总是有罪的。
Well, can you get me off?
那你能帮我脱罪吗?
Mr Bunton…
伯顿先生…
You returned the Goya by hand and confessed to the theft.
你亲手归还了戈雅的画作并承认了偷窃行为。
You gave the police a detailed explanation of how you stole it
你向警方详细解释了你是怎么偷的,
and you’ve explained your motive.
你还解释了你的动机。
Can I get you off?
我能让你脱罪吗?
Almost certainly not.
几乎不可能。
Meanwhile,
与此同时,
Kempton Bunton, the Newcastle man accused of stealing
被指控盗窃戈雅的惠灵顿公爵画像的
Goya’s portrait of the Duke of Wellington,arrived at the Old Bailey this morning
纽卡斯尔男子伯顿,今天上午抵达伦敦中♥央♥刑事法庭
for the first day of his trial.
进行第一天的审判。
And it was quite an entrance.
这是一次很好的开场。
Did you steal the Goya, Mr Bunton?
你偷了戈雅的画吗,伯顿先生?
No, I borrowed it.
不,我只是借用了一下。
– Why? – For the greater good.
-为什么?-为了更伟大的利益。
We can still get there.
我们还是应该去听审。
He’s made his bed. He can lie in it.
他自己铺好了床,就让他自己躺进去。
The rest of the day was taken up
这一天剩下的时间都用来
with empanelling the 12 citizens,
召集12名公民,
12 good men and women
12名善良的男女,
who wilt tomorrow begin to hear what promises to be
他们明天将开始聆听一场
one of the most eagerly awaited criminal trials
可能是二战后最引人注目的
since the war.
刑事审判。
Another triumph for the Duke of Wellington.
这是威灵顿公爵的又一次胜利。
And as queues begin to gather for access to the public gallery,
随着公众旁听席前排起长队,
there is no doubt that even by the Old Bailey’s standards,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!