毫无疑问,即使按照老贝利的标准,
this one looks like being a very hot ticket.
这张旁听入场券,看起来也很抢手。
Are you Kempton Bunton?
你是肯普顿·伯顿吗?
Aye.
是的。
But not named after Kempton racetrack,
但不是像有些人说的那样
as some would have it.
以肯普顿赛马场命名的。
Even though it is probable that I was conceived there.
尽管我很可能是在那里怀上的。
It’s a yes-or-no answer.
这是一个“是”或“否”的答案。
Yes, my lord.
是,法官大人。
Me mother named me after Kempton Cannon,
我母亲用肯普顿·坎农的名字给我取名,
the jockey who rode St Amant,the winner of that year’s Derby.
这是当年德比冠军圣阿芒的骑师的名字。
– Do you want me to explain Bunton?
– I didn’t want you to explain Kempton.
-你想让我解释一下伯顿的来历吗?-我连你解释“坎普顿”都懒的听。
Charges.
罪名。
Kempton Bunton, you are charged
肯普顿·伯顿,你被起诉的原因是,
that on the 21st of March, 1961,
在1961年,三月21日,
you stole a picture frame to the value of £80,
你偷窃了属于国家美术馆的为一幅
property of the National Gallery.
价值14万英镑的画作的画框。
How do you plead, guilty or not guilty?
你将如何申诉,认罪还是不认罪?
Not guilty.
不认罪。
In the second count,you are charged that on the same day,
在第二项指控中,你被指控就在同一天,
you stole from the National Gallery the portrait of the Duke of Wellington
你从国家美术馆偷走了艺术家弗朗西斯科·戈雅的
by the artist Francisco Goya
《惠灵顿公爵》画像,
to the value of £140,000.
价值14万英镑。
How do you plead? Guilty or not guilty?
你将如何申诉?认罪还是不认罪?
– Not guilty.- Yes!
-不认罪。-好的!
For those unfamiliar with court proceedings,
对于那些不熟悉法庭程序的人来说,
that was the plea, not the verdict.
这是申诉,而不是判决。
Kempton Bunton, you are further charged
that following the theft of the portrait,
肯普顿·伯顿,你被进一步指控在偷窃画像之后,
you made demands with menaces for ts return.
你对要求归还画像的行为进行威胁。
Do you plead guilty or not guilty?
你是认罪还是不认罪?
Not guilty.
不认罪。
And that you created a public nuisance
你剥夺了公众
by depriving members of the public of the opportunity to view the portrait.
观看这幅画像的机会,从而造成了公众公害。
Do you plead guilty or not guilty?
对此,你认罪还是不认罪?
Same again, love. Not guilty.
同样的,亲爱的大人。我不认罪。
Mr Cussen.
卡森先生。
Thank you, my lord.
谢谢法官大人。
And at 5:00 a.m.,when you returned from your rest break,
早上五点,你休息回来后,
what did you see?
看到了什么?
The painting was gone, sir.Clearly stolen.
画作不见了。大人。显然,它被窃了。
Thank you.
谢谢你的回答。
Uh, Mr Edbury, if you could remain there,
埃德伯里先生,如果你能待在那里,
my learned friend will have some questions for you.
我博学的朋友会问你一些问题。
Mr Hutchinson.
哈钦森先生。
No questions, my lord.
我没有问题,法官大人。
“The conception, design and execution of this act
“这次举动的构思、设计和执行
was solely, singularly and entirely my own.”
完全是我一个人的事。”
– And that statement is signed?- Kempton Bunton.
-那份声明签名了吗? -坎普顿·伯顿。
Thank you, Detective Inspector.
谢谢你,探长。
If you would stay there,
Mr Hutchinson will have some questions for you.
如果你愿意待在那里,哈钦森先生要问你几个问题。
Mr Hutchinson.
哈钦森先生。
The defence has no questions for this witness.
辩方对证人没有问题了。
At this rate, we’ll be finished by tea.
照这样下去,我们喝下午茶时,就结案了。
And, Dr Unsworth,
还有,昂斯沃思博士,
what is your professional opinion of the hand?
你对笔迹的专业意见是什么?
The childlike scrawl across all the ransom notes is,
所有勒索信上那孩子气的潦草字迹,
when compared to his normal script,
与他平常的笔迹相比,
unequivocally the feebly disguised hand of the accused, Mr Bunton.
无疑是被告伯顿先生伪装得很弱的笔迹。
I’m grateful, Dr Unsworth.If you would remain on stand.
我很感激,昂斯沃思博士。如果你愿意继续站着。
Any cross examination, Mr Hutchinson,
还有问题吗?哈钦森先生,
or are you trying to give it up?
还是你想放弃这次提问?
The defence has no questions for this witness.
辩方对证人没有问题了。
– What are you doing?- The dirt in this house.
-你在干什么? -清理这房♥子里的污迹。
Stop it.
别干了。
Someone’s gotta keep this place clean.
应该保持这所房♥子的干净。
Lord knows your father will drag us into the gutter.
上帝知道你父亲会把我们拖下水的。
That’s not true.
这不是真的。
And it’s not Dad’s fault Marian died.
玛丽安的死也不是爸爸的错。
He bought her that bike, so as far as he’s concerned, he killed her.
那辆自行车是他给她买♥♥的,所以他认为是他杀了她。
– Do you think I don’t know that? – Well, tell him, then. Talk about it.
-你以为我不知道吗? -那你就跟他说,跟他谈。
Why do you think he does his plays and his leaflets and petitions?
你觉得他为什么要写剧本,写传♥单♥和请♥愿♥书?
– Defend him all you like.- I stole the painting.
-随你怎么为他辩护。-是我偷了画。
Do you hear me? I stole the Goya.
你听到我说的了吗? 是我偷了戈雅的画。
What?
什么?
No. No, you didn’t take that painting.
不。不,不是你拿走那幅画的。
– No, you did not.- Aye. It was me, not Dad.
-不,你没有。 —是的。是我,不是爸爸。
Please, no, no, just please tell me you’re talking nonsense, Jackie Bunton.
求你别再跟我胡说了,杰克·伯顿。
– Oh, my God, I’m shaking.- Mam.
-哦,我的上帝,我在发抖。-妈妈。
– I’m shaking. Look at me. I’m shaking. – I was just…
-你看我,都在发抖了。-我只是…
Stop it.You’re just making yourself shake.
停下来。你只是让自己发抖。
– No.- Sit down.
-不。-坐下。
Oh!
哦!
What…
怎么…
Well,
那么。
when did you go to London?
你是什么时候去的伦敦?
It was that week I took off work.
就是那个星期,我请假了。
But you… You said you went to Leeds.
但是你…你说你去了利兹。
You lied.
你撒谎了。
I was sick of you skivvying for Lady Muck.
我受不了,你给那自命不凡的娘们干粗活。
Sick of them all laughing at Dad.
受不了人们都在嘲笑爸爸。
I thought the painting might be like,well, it might change everything.
我觉得这幅画可能会改变一切。
So you’re a liar and a thief.
因此,你成了骗子和小偷。
I just thought if he had something them bloody toffs wanted,
我只是觉得如果他有那些纨绔子弟想要的东西,
they’d have to listen to,you know, his TV crusade.
他们就得听他的关于免费电视的义举。
Crusade? Jesus Christ, is he now?
义举?上帝啊,他现在成了什么?
But how?
怎么回事?
I mean, how did you take it?
我想问,你当时是怎么做的?
I cased the gallery.
我查勘了美术馆。
The Goya was just sat there on an easel,not even a guard standing by it.
戈雅的画就放在画架上,旁边连个守卫都没有。
All I had to do was find somewhere I could break in.
我要做的就是找个能潜入的地方。
I went to the toilet.
我去了厕所。
And I opened the toilet window and leaned out.
我打开厕所的窗户,探出身子。
There was a courtyard below with all builders’ stuff and ladders.
下面有一个院子,里面有所有建筑工人的东西和梯子。
Excuse me, mate.
对不起,伙计。
I went up to the security fella and asked him how you get a job.
我走到保安那里,问他你是怎么找到工作的。
Well, you could try the office.
嗯,你去办公室问问吧。
Cleaners’ work, early mornings. 4:30.
保洁工,每天凌晨4:30上班。
Get night rates, though. Lucky buggers.
不过你可以睡个好觉。幸运的混♥蛋♥。
I was born lucky.
我天生就是幸运的。
And then I figured,
然后我就发现,
if the cleaners were in at half-4:00,
they’d have to turn the alarms off.
如果清洁工4点半来,他们就得把警报关掉。
So I went back early morning.
所以我一大早就回去了。
Put a ladder up just below the toilet window,
在厕所窗户下面放了个梯子,
climbed up and…
爬上去…
I could hear one of them automatic floor polishers.
我能听到自动地板抛光机的声音。
So I waited until he’d passed and then I…
所以我一直等到他过去,然后我…
I just walked across the floor.
我走过楼层。
Don’t suppose you’ve ever been to Newcastle?
你应该没去过纽卡斯尔吧?
What did your father say when you told him?
你告诉你父亲的时候,他说了什么?
Fucking hell!
活见鬼!
– What do you think?- I think… fucking hell!
-你怎么想呢? -我想是…活见鬼了!
140 grand.
值14万啊。
If you could sell it, which you can’t.
如果你能卖♥♥掉它,当然你不能。
I know. I’m not daft.
我知道,我又不傻。
But for pictures, the insurance will pay out 10% for safe returns.
保险公♥司♥会为画作的安全返回,支付10%的费用。
– Have you got a screw loose? – Are you angry with us?
-你疯了吗?-你生我们的气了吗?
Angry? No, I’m furious, you stupid penis!
生气?不,我很愤怒,你这蠢蛋!
You’ve nicked the best-known painting on the planet.
你偷走了这个星球上最著名的画作。
‘Kinnell!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!