You read those?
你看过?
We stayed at his house in Mustique,
去年冬天
last winter.
我们住在他马斯蒂克岛的房♥子
The book was beside the bed.
书就在床边
I’m embarrassed. No, why?
真尴尬 别 为什么
It was brilliant, in a horrible sort of way.
文字写得十分精彩
How you turned his ramblings into something vaguely coherent.
你是怎么把那些凌乱的故事串成线的
I said to Adam, ”
我跟亚当说
Here’s the guy to write your book,
这个人才是给你写自传的最佳人选
not Mike.”
而不是迈克
God, I miss home.
天啊 我想家了
It’s like being married to
我就像嫁给圣赫勒拿岛
Napoleon on St. Helena.
上的拿破仑一样
Why don’t you go back to London?
你怎么不回伦敦
I don’t feel I can leave him alone.
我不能把他一个人留在这儿
There’s something not quite right with him at the moment.
他现在的处境不是很顺利
Amelia told me
阿米莉亚跟我说
he was very upset
迈克·麦卡拉的死
at the death of Michael Mcara.
让他十分伤心
Oh, she did, did she?
是吗
Quite when Mrs. Bly
我不知道什么时候起布莱夫人
became the expert on my husband’s emotions, I’m not sure.
竟这么了解我丈夫的想法了
Losing Mike was a blow, of course,
当然 迈克的死对我们打击很大
but it’s not just that.
但并不仅仅这样
It’s having to relive everything,
他必须绞尽脑汁来写这本破书
year by year, for this bloody book.
一刻也不能懈怠
Oh, dear.
亲爱的
You must be wondering what you’ve let yourself in for.
你肯定想不明白自己掺和进来是为了什么
Fine, fine. I’ll tell him.
好的 我会告诉他
They’re just about to land.
飞机马上就降落了
On Thursday, he’s in Chicago.
周四他在芝加哥
Actually, I think I’ll go and meet him.
我想去接他
Amelia can stay here and polish her nails or something.
阿米莉亚可以待在这儿修修指甲什么的
Why don’t you come, say hello?
你也去吧 打个招呼
Fine. I’ll travel in the backup car.
好吧 我坐后面那辆车
I can do my nails in there.
我可以在那儿修指甲
Hi, darling.
亲爱的
How was New York? Short and sweet.
纽约之行怎么样 挺短的 也挺开心
Hi, Barry.
你好 巴里
Hi, Amelia.
你好 阿米莉亚
Hello. Who are you?
你好 你是哪位
I’m your ghost.
我是您的枪手
Right.
这样啊
Don’t worry. He isn’t always such a jerk.
别担心 他不总这么蠢的
This place really comes alive at night.
这个地方晚上真热闹
You’ll be with us for four weeks, is that right?
你会在这儿住4个礼拜 对吧
I’m afraid so.
应该是
And the bill goes directly to the Rhinehart Corporation?
发♥票♥直接开到莱茵哈特公♥司♥吗
Good.
好的
That doesn’t include the mini-bar.
帐目不包括迷你酒吧的费用
All right. He’s ready for you.
好了 他在等你呢
How’s your hotel? Quiet?
酒店怎么样 安静吗
Monastic.
十分僻静
That’s nice. No distractions.
那挺好 一点不分心
Thanks, love.
谢谢 亲爱的
Hi, man. You ready to start?
伙计 准备好要开始了吗
Absolutely.
当然
Is the manuscript loaded on this? It is.
底稿拷在里面吗 对
Can I have it?
能给我吗
I’m sorry, that would be a security risk.
不好意思 会有机密风险的
You mean I’ve got to retype the whole manuscript?
你是说我得重打所有的底稿吗
Have you really got my entire book on that little thing?
那里面真有我整本书吗
We can get 100 books on it, Adam.
这里可以装100本书呢 亚当
And it can be copied in a flash. That’s the trouble.
但是一下就能复♥制♥了 非常危险
Amazing.
天啊
You know the worst thing about my life?
你知道我的生活里最糟糕的是什么吗
You get so out of touch.
你什么都不用管
Everything’s done for you.
所有的事都为你做好了
You don’t drive, you don’t carry money.
不用开车 不用带钱
If I need cash, I have to borrow it from the protection boys.
如果我要用现金 得从保镖那儿借
This is the kind of details we need in the memoirs.
传记里这些细节都是很有用的
I couldn’t put that in. People would think I was a complete idiot.
不能写在里面 大家会觉得我特别蠢
No, not at all. No, this shows
不会的 这正好写出了
what it’s like being Prime Minister.
首相到底是什么样子的
That’s exactly what the readers want to know.
这些才是读者真正想看的
How does it feel to run a country?
管理一个国家是种什么感觉
How does it feel to be so cut off?
卸任之后是什么感觉
How does it feel to be so hated?
被人讨厌又是什么感觉
Thanks a lot.
谢谢你这么说
And so loved.
当然还有被人敬仰的感受
Amelia, what do you think?
阿米莉亚 你是怎么看的
I think I should leave you two alone.
我觉得我应该回避一下
So, how do we go about this?
我们用什么形式呢
I interview you.
我采访您
I turn your answers into prose.
然后把您的回答转换成文章
Here and there, I’ll add linking passages, imitating your voice.
我会适当模仿您的语气来加些顺接的文字
Okay.
好的
You heard about Mike?
你听说迈克的事了吗
Yes. I’m sorry.
听说了 太遗憾了
We should put in something nice about him.
我们要在书里写些他曾有的成绩
I think his mother would like that.
我想他母亲会非常欣慰的
Of course.
没问题
Well, um, the first thing that struck me was,
那么我的第一个疑问就是
you became such a successful politician
您成为这么优秀的政客的原因
precisely because you didn’t appear to be a politician.
主要是因为您表现得不太像是个政客
It’s certainly not something I wanted to do when I was younger.
我年轻的时候并不想从政
I thought most student politicians were complete nerds.
我觉得大部分年轻的政客都是书呆子
Well, I’m with you there.
我觉得也是
So, what turned you on to politics?
那么您是怎么开始喜欢政坛的呢
Turned me on, indeed.
开始喜欢啊
Let’s see, I was 23, something like that,
我想下 我差不多23岁的时候
a couple of years out of Cambridge.
从剑桥大学毕业了几年
And I remember it was a Sunday afternoon, it was raining.
我记得是一个周日的下午 下着雨
I was still in bed. And someone starts knocking at the door.
我还在睡觉 有人开始敲门
And, you know, I’d been out the night before
我之前整晚都没回家
and had a few drinks and what have you.
喝了几杯还是怎么的
So, I get the pillow and I put it over my head, and it starts up again.
所以我就拿起枕头盖住头 门又开响了
Knock, knock, knock, knock!
笃 笃 笃
And I get up, I’m swearing, I go to the door and there’s this girl.
我起床 一顿咒骂 开门发现是个女生
She’s soaking wet,
她全身都湿了
but she just launches into this speech about the local elections.
但是还是开始叙述她在当地选举的演讲
And that’s it.
就是这样
I’m in love. And this is Ruth?
我爱上她了 是露丝吗
This is Ruth.
就是露丝
And the only way I can see her again is
我只有加入党派和散发传♥单♥
to join the party and hand out leaflets.
才能看见她
This is great.
太棒了
You want to use this?
你要用这段吗
Use it? I think we should open the whole book like this.
用这段? 我想用这段作为书的开头
“I went into politics out of love,
我因为爱 加入政坛
not love for a party or an ideology,
不是对党派的热爱亦或是政♥治♥理念的崇拜
but out of love for a woman.”
而是对一个女子的爱
Could you transcribe this as quickly as possible, please?
您能尽快抄写好吗
Of course.
好的
Thanks. How’s it going?
谢谢 怎么样
Pretty well. He keeps calling me “man.”
挺好的 他一直叫我”伙计”
He always does that when he can’t remember someone’s name.
他记不住人名的时候就会这么叫
There are sandwiches in the kitchen.
厨房♥里有三明治
Oh, shit.
我♥操♥
It’s awful.
怎么回事

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!