A million dreams, a million dreams
我想象世界可能变成的样子
I think of what the world could be
我愿景中那美丽的样子
A vision of the one I see
千万个梦想便能实现愿望
A million dreams is all it’s gonna take
用千万个梦想构建我们要打造的世界
A million dreams for the world we’re gonna make
我们要打造的世界
For the world we’re gonna make
-史密斯先生 -嗯
– Mr. Smith? – Yes.
-看看这个 -是
– Have a look at this? – Of course.
好 我知道了
Yes, yes, I see it.
谢谢 查默斯 这就行了
Thank you, Chalmers, that’ll do.
先生 我是菲尼斯·泰勒·巴纳姆
Sir. Phineas Taylor Barnum.
恕我冒昧 先生
If I may sir,
我认为凭我的技能和才思
I believe I have skills and ideas…
能做比往加法机里输入数字更重要的工作
that go well beyond punching numbers into an adding machine.
我读到有个德国人 利林塔尔
Well, I’ve read about this German fellow, Lilienthal…
他研制了一种滑翔机
I believe who’s developed a glider
能够载人上天 先生
that can take a man in the air, sir.
那多了不起啊
Isn’t that amazing?
如果把这种技术用在这一行里
I mean, if you were to apply that to this business,
那将是革命性的
it would be revolutionary.
先生们 请注意
Gentlemen. Can I have your attention?
你们都被解雇了
You’re all dismissed.
破产了
Bankrupt?
公♥司♥不还有十几艘商船呢吗
I thought the company had a dozen trading ships.
是啊 葬身中国南海海底了
Yes, at the bottom of the South China Seas.
被台风吹沉了
Typhoon sank ’em all.
-抓到你了 -你等着瞧吧
– Tag, you’re it! – Oh, you’re in for it.
天呐 你回来得可真早
Oh God. You are home early.
而且有新消息之前都不用回去了
And until further notice.
我本就觉得那工作不适合你一直做下去
Well, I didn’t think you were long for that job
看来我什么工作都做不下去
Or any job apparently.
所以我们的生活才那么精彩嘛
That’s what makes our life together so exciting.
夏瑞蒂
Charity.
这不是我许诺给你的生活
This isn’t the life I promised you.
但我已经有了我想要的一切
But I have everything I want.
-我说的魔法呢 -那俩姑娘不是吗
– What about the magic? – What do you call those two girls?
伙计们 看看是谁回来了
Hey, you partners, look who moseyed into the corral.
爸爸
Daddy!
-过来 -你带礼物来了吗
– Come here. – Did you bring a present?
什么礼物
A present, for what?
-我生日的礼物 -什么
– For my birthday. – Your what?
-我生日 -才不是你生日呢
– My birthday. – It’s not your birthday.
好吧 我是有件礼物
Okay, I do have a present.
但可不是一般的礼物哦
But not just any present. Oh no.
是史上最棒的生日礼物
The most amazing birthday present ever.
这台了不起的机器原本是
This extraordinary machine was originally
四百年由莱昂纳多·达·芬奇制♥造♥的
created by Leonardo Da Vinci 400 years ago.
但它的图纸已经遗失数百年
But the blueprints had been lost for centuries,
直到上周 一个风雨交加的夜晚
until just last week, on a stormy night…
一艘沉没海盗船的残骸冲上了楠塔基特岛的海岸
when a sunken pirate ship washed up on the shores of Nantucket.
人们发现了骸骨和宝藏
They found skeletons and treasures…
而图纸正好
and the blueprints were recovered
被JW商社找回
by none other than JW Mercantile.
图纸只在我手上停留了片刻
The blueprints crossed my desk very briefly…
但我还是把它记了下来
but I managed to commit them to memory…
如果我没有记错
and if I have remembered correctly…
生日快乐 卡罗琳
Happy birthday, Caroline.
这是一台许愿机 你向它许愿
This is a wishing machine. You tell it your wishes…
它会替你守护愿望 直到它成真
and it keeps them safe until they come true.
就算你忘记了 它也永远记得
Even if you forget them, they’re always there.
我能许个愿吗
Can I tell a wish?
过来 说吧
Step right up. Go ahead.
我希望…嫁给圣诞老人
I wish to marry Santa Claus.
真是个好愿望
That is a good wish.
我希望…有一双芭蕾舞鞋
I wish for ballet slippers.
这个愿望也很好
Hey, that’s a good wish too.
你的愿望呢 妈妈
What is your wish, Mommy?
我希望
I wish…
永远这么幸福
for happiness like this forever.
你 还有你
For you and you…
还有你们爸爸都是
and for your father.
-没劲 -没劲
– Boring. – Boring?
幸福怎么没劲了
Since when has happiness ever been boring?
每晚当我躺在床上
Ev’ry night I lie in bed
脑海中会浮现最缤纷的色彩
The brightest colors fill my head
千万个梦想让我无法入眠
A million dreams are keepin’ me awake
我想象世界可能变成的样子
I think of what the world could be
我愿景中那美丽的样子
A vision of the one I see
千万个梦想便能实现愿望
A million dreams is all it’s gonna take
用千万个梦想构建我们要打造的世界
A million dreams for the world we’re gonna make
羊肉价格涨了 猪胸肉就降价了
The goat prices go up, so the pork bellies go down.
查尔斯 我们走
Charles, we’re leaving.
这家银行只想借钱给有钱的人
This bank only wants to lend money to people with money.
你看什么 蠢蛋
What are you looking at flop-doodle?
巴纳姆先生
Mr. Barnum.
你提出的这项投资很有风险 还有些怪异
This venture you propose is risky and somewhat bizarre.
这是十拿九稳的好买♥♥卖♥♥ 先生
It’s a good bet, it’s what it is, sir.
人们不愿承认
People don’t want to admit it…
但他们被新奇骇人的东西所吸引
but they are fascinated with the exotic and the macabre.
所以我们喜欢盯着它们看
It’s why we stare at it.
银行需要高价的抵押品
The bank is going to need substantial collateral.
当然 那是应当的
Of course. I wouldn’t suggest otherwise.
这是我商船队的契据和所有权证明
The deed and title to my entire flotilla of trading vessels.
银行凭什么要借我们一万美元
Why would a bank loan us 10,000 dollars?
因为我们拿出了抵押品
Because we put up collateral.
但亲爱的 我们没有抵押品啊
But, dear, we don’t have any collateral.
当然有 在中国南海
Sure we do. In the South China Seas.
-在中国南海 -在中国南海海底
– In the South China Seas? – Deep in the South China Seas.
我们用这笔借款买♥♥了什么
And what did we buy with this loan?
巴纳姆美国珍奇博物馆
Barnum’s American Museum of Curiosities.
这是什么样的博物馆
What kind of museum is it?
这里犹如一个异世界
A place to be transported.
让人们见识到他们从未见识过的东西
A place where people can see things they’ve never seen before.
-蜡像吗 -是啊
– Wax figures? – Yeah. Yeah.
这现在在欧洲最火了 看啊
They’re all the rage in Europe. Look.
喉咙疼的玛丽·安托瓦内特
Marie Antoinette with the sore throat.
拿破仑 过来 看
Napoleon. Come here. See?
你能见到一些历史上赫赫有名的人物
You’ve already met some of the most famous folks in history.
但也不都是蜡像
But they are not all wax.
这位是奥马利大♥师♥
This is the Great O’Malley.
妙手大♥师♥ 幻术大王
Master of sleight of hand, a king of deception.
你不像个魔术师
You don’t look like a magician.
我是个小偷
I’m a thief.
厉害的小偷 他偷我表时被我抓到了
A very good thief. I caught him nicking my watch.
-瞧 -大象
– See? – An elephant.
不是一般的大象哦
Not just any elephant.
我也可以给你”变”点好东西出来 尽管说
I can get you somethin’ real nice. Just say the word.
-谢了 -没错 这头10吨♥的公象
– Thank you. – Oh yeah. This is a ten-ton bull
来自非洲平原
straight from the plains of Africa.
看那个
And, look at that.
全世界最高的长颈鹿
The tallest giraffe in the world.
我能爬到它腿上吗
Can I climb up its leg?
绝对不能 好了
Absolutely not. OK.
我知道这还不太像样
Now, I know how it looks.
幸好 要不我得担心了
If you didn’t, I’d be worried.
就是需要收拾收拾
I mean it just needs a little work, but…
贷款是得每月偿还的
The loan has to be paid back every month.
我们会还的 我们就是需要顾客
Oh yeah, we’re gonna pay it. We just need customers.
-上百个 -会来的
– Hundreds of them. – We’re gonna get them.
欢迎光临巴纳姆博物馆
Welcome to the Barnum Museum.
只要一小时 先生

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章死侍
下一篇文章三块广告牌
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!