Is that Barnum?
这里又不是马戏团
This isn’t the circus.
我最近有幸
I recently had the privilege of
听到了世界上
hearing the most divine voice
最动人的歌♥声
I’ve ever heard.
他还突然成鉴赏家了
Suddenly he’s a connoisseur.
我知道这听上去像是巴纳姆的吹嘘
Now, I know that sounds like Barnum humbug…
但我冰镇了一百瓶上好的香槟 我敢保证
but I have 100 bottles of good champagne on ice that says
这可不是什么新奇的小表演
this isn’t just another sideshow novelty.
有请 瑞典夜莺
May I present, the Swedish Nightingale…
珍妮·林德小姐
Miss Jenny Lind.
我努力想屏住呼吸
I’m tryin’ to hold my breath
让时间凝固
Let it stay this way
不愿让这一刻结束
Can’t let this moment end
你在我心中埋下一个梦想
You set off a dream in me
它越来越响亮
Gettin’ louder now
你能否听到那回音
Can you hear it echoing?
握住我的手
Take my hand
你可愿与我分享此刻
Will you share this with me?
亲爱的 如果没有你
‘Cause darlin’ without you
哪怕是千万盏聚光灯的光芒
All the shine of a thousand spotlights
哪怕是我们从夜空中偷来的全部星光
All the stars we steal from the night sky
也永远无法让我满足
Will never be enough
无法让我满足
Never be enough
黄金高塔也还是不够大
Towers of gold are still too little
我能把世界握在手中 可那也
These hands could hold the world but it’ll
无法让我满足
Never be enough
无法让我满足
Never be enough
无法满足
For me
永远 永远
Never, never
永远 永远
Never, never
永远 无法
Never, for me
满足
For me
无法让我满足
Never enough
无法让我满足
Never enough
无法让我满足
Never enough
无法满足
For me
无法满足
For me
无法满足
For me
哪怕是千万盏聚光灯的光芒
All the shine of a thousand spotlights
哪怕是我们从夜空中偷来的全部星光
All the stars we steal from the night sky
也永远无法让我满足
Will never be enough
无法让我满足
Never be enough
黄金高塔也还是不够大
Towers of gold are still too little
我能把世界握在手中 可那也
These hands could hold the world but it’ll
无法让我满足
Never be enough
无法让我满足
Never be enough
无法满足
For me
永远 永远
Never, never
永远 永远
Never, never
永远 无法
Never, for me
满足
For me
无法让我满足
Never enough
永远 永远
Never, never
无法让我满足
Never enough
永远 永远
Never, never
无法让我满足
Never enough
无法满足
For me
无法满足
For me
无法满足
For me
无法满足
For me
太精彩了
Brava!
-太棒了 -再来一首
– Brava! – More!
太美了
Wonderful!
精彩
Bravissima!
再来
More!
-精彩 -太棒了
– Excellent! – Brava!
安可
Encore.
珍妮 这是我妻子夏瑞蒂和我们的女儿
Jenny, this is my wife Charity and our girls.
当然 我听说了你们好多事呢
Of course, and I’ve heard so much about you.
你父亲还告诉我你喜欢芭蕾舞
And your father tells me you’re a fan of the ballet.
-是的 我在学芭蕾 -是吗
– Yes, I’m studying ballet. – Oh, are you?
-当然了 -当然了
– Of course I am. – And of course she is.
-那你呢 海伦 -你像个公主 女士
– And what about you, Helen? – You look like a princess, ma’am.
我得承认 巴纳姆 她的确非同一般
I have to admit, Barnum, she is remarkable.
就连最无趣的评论家也觉得有趣了 是吗
Enough to bring joy to the most joyless critic, isn’t she?
如果是由真正的艺术经理人打理
And in the hands of a real purveyor of the arts,
她真的可以在这个国家大有发展
she could be something in this country.
可惜她搭上了你
Shame she’s fallen in with you.
你真是在纸面上更讨喜 班内特先生
You really are better on the page, Mr Bennett.
虽然这难以置信
Hard as that is to believe.
-巴纳姆先生 -怎么
– Mr. Barnum? – Yes.
我想见见林德小姐
I’d love to meet Miss Lind.
-当然可以 -可以为我们介绍一下吗
– And you will meet miss Lind – Would you introduce us?
请稍等一下
if you just give me a moment…
-菲尼斯 -嗯
– Phineas. – Yes.
你做得不错
You’ve done well.
谢谢
Thank you.
容我为你们引见
Allow me to introduce you.
打扰下 珍妮 见见夏瑞蒂的父母
Excuse me, Jenny. I would like you to meet Charity’s parents.
-哈利特先生和太太 -幸会
– Mr and Mrs Hallett. – Ah, pleasure.
-你好 认识你很高兴 -认识你很高兴
– How do you do? Very nice to meet you. – Good to meet you.
-妈妈 -你好 亲爱的
– Mother. – Hello dear.
-这是 -是啊 那是你的外孙女
– Are these… – Yes, yes, those are your granddaughters.
-菲尼斯 别在这儿闹 -是吗
– Phineas, not here. – Not here?
你担心我会在你父母的体面朋友面前
You afraid I’m gonna embarrass your parents
让他们下不来台吗
in front of their fancy friends?
我恐怕是没那个本事
I really don’t think that I have that power.
就我这样的小人物
An insignificant man like me…
显然注定只能过渺小的一生
who was clearly destined to lead an insignificant life.
就算腰缠万贯 也还是那个裁缝的儿子
All that fortune and still just the tailor’s boy.
滚出去
Get out.
好吧 菲尼斯
Well, Phineas…
我不是跟你说过 免费香槟
I believe I told you that free champagne
肯定要搞出麻烦来
is a recipe for disaster.
夏瑞蒂
Charity.
-请大家举杯 -夏瑞蒂
– Now would everyone please raise their glasses? – Charity.
敬巴纳姆先生 他永远地证明了
To Mr Barnum, who has shown once and for all
一个人的地位只受他眼界的限制
that a man’s station is limited only by his imagination.
-敬巴纳姆 -谢谢
– To Barnum. – Thank you.
敬巴纳姆先生
To Mr Barnum.
谢谢
Thank you.
生来拥有财富和特权的人
It’s hard to understand wealth and privilege
反而不懂它的重要性
when you’re born into it.
我有时也觉得自己不属于这里
I sometimes don’t feel like I belong here.
你怎么会
You?
我是个私生女
I was born out of wedlock
这给我的家族蒙了羞
and that brought shame upon my family.
生活总能提醒我
And life always manages to remind me
我不配在这世上存在
that I don’t deserve a place in this world.
这留下了起立鼓掌永远无法填补的空虚
And that leaves a hole that no ovation can ever fill.
-菲尼斯先生 -大伙儿们
– Mr. Phineas! – Guys…
-天呐 那女士真能唱 -是啊
– Lord, that lady can sing. – I know.
你觉得她会喜欢穿制♥服♥的男人吗
Thinks she likes a man in uniform?
她肯定喜欢
I’m sure she does.
你们干什么呢 你们一小时后还要上台呢
Okay, what are you doing here? You got a show in an hour, OK?
那我们至少也有时间喝三杯了
That’s enough time for us to have at least three drinks, right?
来吧
Come on, let’s go.
-不行 莱蒂 -怎么了
– No no. Lettie. – What?
这里已经很挤了 你们不能进去交际
It’s very crowded in here, okay? And I can’t have you mingling.
各位 如果你们就这么抛头露面

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章死侍
下一篇文章三块广告牌
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!