-Where’s Bert? -He went off somewhere.
那匹可爱的马赌注有22 4元
That old loving horse paid $22.40!
昨晚我赌那个赛马骑师 赢了两百元
With the $200 I won from that jockey last night,
今天这一跑道我有540元
and today at the track, I’ve $540.
-呐 你拿着 -为什么
-Here, you hold it. -Why?
讨个吉利嘛
Just for luck.
-芬德利来了 -在哪
-Findley’s here. -Where?
在吧台旁边
Over there by the bar.
-你不是要去和他说话吗 -别急 他会过来
-Aren’t you going to talk to him? -Sit tight. He’ll be over here.
-还要吗 -谢了
-You ready for another? -Thank you.
我不要了
No more for me.
嗨 好久不见
Hello. I haven’t seen you in a long time.
我好久没来这儿了
I haven’t been here for a long time.
派克小姐 艾迪富森 詹拇士…
Miss Packard, Eddie Felson. James…
芬德利
Findley.
-很高兴见到你 -我也是
-Glad to meet you. -And I, you.
富森先生 久仰大名
I think I’ve heard about you, Mr. Felson.
您玩落袋撞球 是吧
You play pocket billiards, don’t you?
-偶尔啦 你玩吗 -很少 不过几乎每玩必输
-Now and then. Why? Do you? -A little, but I’m afraid I generally lose.
艾迪也是
So does Eddie.
-我有时赢 -富森先生 我敢打赌你都赢
-I win sometimes. -I bet you do, Mr. Felson. I just bet you do.
你要玩多少钱
How much?
巴特
Bert?
我相信富森先生 是在提议来赌一场
I believe Mr. Felson is making a proposition.
有可能
Could be.
嗯 富森先生…
Well, Mr. Felson…
或许哪一天你愿意大驾光临寒舍 我们来打打撞球
…maybe you’d like to come to my place sometime. We can play billiards.
何时
When?
-你真爽快 -没错 何时
-You’re very direct. -That’s right. When?
-今晚吗 -几点
-Tonight? -What time?
赛马一结束 有些朋友 要来我家喝点小酒
I’m having some people for drinks right after the races.
何不大家都来 十点左右我们就可以玩了
Why don’t you all come? Then about 10:00 we can play.
-我们会来 -好极了
-We’ll be there. -Good.
你不介意的话 我想留在饭店里
If you don’t mind, I think I will stay at the hotel.
-怎么啦 -我很累
-What’s the matter? -I’m tired.
得了吧 一定笑话百出 芬德利的派对挺有名的
Come on, it’ll be a lot of laughs. Findley’s parties are famous.
他不但广邀上流社会人士 连城里的三教九流也照邀不误
He invites everybody from high society to every tramp in town.
这是他另外一种娱乐方式
Another way he gets his kicks.
他与黑白两道都称兄道弟 有些男人就是这样
It excites him to be around the criminal type. Some men are like that.
有些女人也照做不误
Some women, too.
-怎么回事 -没事 她喝多了
-What’s the matter? -It’s all right. She drank too much.
让她睡 睡醒酒也醒了
Let her sleep it off.
住口
Cut it out!
照他说的去做吧 来来 上楼
Do what he says, come on, upstairs.
各位男士 想喝点什么吗
Do you gentlemen care for a drink?
-我不用了 咱就来玩吧 -当然
-None for me. Let’s play. -By all means.
我们来这儿玩落袋撞球是吧
Thought we came here to play pool?
我打弹子 不玩落袋撞球
I don’t play pool, I play billiards.
这儿是我家 高兴玩什么就玩什么 不想玩的就别玩吧
It’s my house, my game. You don’t have to play if you don’t want to.
-我们不玩 -巴特 让我来陪他玩
-We won’t. -Bert, let me play him.
-赌注多少 -我们先玩小的 一百元一局好吗
-How much? -We’ll start small. $100 a game?
-你以前打过弹子吗 -当然
-Did you ever play billiards before? -Sure.
你在唬我
You hustling me?
他明白自己在做什么 你出一百元开始玩就知道了
I’m sure he knows what he’s doing. You can afford $100 to find out.
发牌
Deal the cards.
射得好 富森先生 你从前打过弹子嘛
Beautiful shot! You’ve played billiards before, Mr. Felson.
-你确定不来一杯 -我不用
-Sure you wouldn’t care for a drink? -Nothing for me.
目前比数如何
How do we stand?
-几乎平手 -我何时提高赌注
-About even. -When do I raise the bet?
-不清楚 -如果这是他的拿手戏 我会击败他
-I don’t know. -Lf that’s his best game, I can beat him.
告诉我实话 你打过弹子吗
Level with me. Did you ever play billiards?
有什么不同
What’s the difference?
球台上有球杆 一些小球 你所需要的就是感觉
There’s a cue, balls on the table. All you got to do is get the feel of it.
-要不要提高赌注 -多少
-Shall we raise the stakes? -How much?
五百元
$500?
你以为能击败他吗
You think you can beat him?
当然他行 他若不行就不会和我对战
Of course he does. He wouldn’t play me if he didn’t.
我没问他能不能击败你 我早已知道他能
I didn’t ask him, can he beat you, I already know he can.
我问了他 行吗 那是两码子事
I asked him, will he? That’s two different things.
我能击败他
I can beat him.
好 五百
All right, $500.
巴特 你注意到了吗
Have you noticed, Bert,
这家伙跟你倒有几分神似呢
this fellow here bears a striking resemblance to you?
你好像当时就是 这尊雕像的模特儿
It seems you might have modeled for the artist.
有可能喔
It’s possible.
巴特 也把那标示出来
Mark that one up, too, Bert.
下一局我就要击败他
I’ll beat him the next game.
你的手状况怎样了
How are the hands?
还好
Fine.
球杆收了 咱要走人了
Rack up your cue, we’re leaving.
-这样没面子 还早呢 -这一晚已玩够两千元了
-That’s a shame. The night is young. -The night is $2,000 old.
-嘿 巴特 等等 -我说过该走了
-Hey, Bert, wait. -I said we’re leaving.
巴特 我能击败他
I can beat him, Bert.
他耍我 我以为他不会使诈
He suckered me, I didn’t think he knew how to hustle.
我能赢过他 击败他
I can outplay and beat him!
艾迪 我不相信 我觉得你还是个输家
I don’t believe you, Eddie. I think you’re still a loser.
我要拿自己的钱迎战他
I’ll play him on my own money!
现在就走
Be right back.
算了吧 再战一回
Okay, come on, let’s play.
我破产了
I’m broke.
-富森先生 真不幸 -芬德利先生 对谁不幸
-That’s unfortunate, Mr. Felson. -For whom, Mr. Findley?
巴特 他只赢我一分
Bert, he only beat me by a point.
-银行打烊了 -别弃我而去 拜托
-The bank is closed. -Don’t get off me, please!
我知道何时该罢手 你却不能
I know when to quit. You don’t.
输或赢你都无法掌握
Win or lose, you don’t know!
你要我怎样 说出来…
What do you want me to do? Say it…
这就对了 但现在不要丢下我
…and you’ve got it, but don’t get off me now.
别求他
Don’t beg him.
-回饭店去 -艾迪 请别求他
-Go back to the hotel. -Please, Eddie, don’t beg him.
回饭店去 叫一辆车回去
Go back to the hotel. Take a cab, go back!
这一切不都是如你所料 这样对你有何意义
Doesn’t all this come through to you? Doesn’t it mean anything to you?
那家伙 此地 这票人
That man, this place, the people.
他们都戴假面具 面具底下
They wear masks, and under them
个个都是堕落的 扭曲的 残缺的
they’re perverted, twisted, crippled!
-闭嘴 -别戴面具了 你不需要
-Shut up. -Don’t wear a mask. You don’t have to.
那是特克 扭伤你拇指的家伙
That’s Turk, who broke your thumbs!
他不会再扭伤你的拇指
He won’t break your thumbs,
而是要剁碎你的心 搅碎你的肠…
he’ll break your heart, your guts…
而且 还为了相同的理由
…and for the same reason,
为了”你就是你”而憎恨你
because he hates you for what you are.
为了你有的 而他所没有
For what you have and he hasn’t.
别再对我说教 永远别再叨念了
Get off my back, once and for all!
不要再烦我好吗
Would you get off my back?
艾迪 迎战
Play him, Eddie.
一局下注一千元迎战他
Play him for $1,000 a game.
支票可以吗
Will you take a check?
现金
Cash.
我欠你多少钱
How much do I owe you?
一万二
$12,000.
哪 给你
Here.
真有趣的夜晚
It’s been an interesting evening.
确是
It sure has.
查尔斯 请帮这几位男士叫一辆 出租车
Charles, call a cab for these gentlemen, please.
-应该送你们到门口 可是…-是啊 你累了
-I’d show you to the door, but… -Yes, you’re tired.
也打败了
And beat.

Yeah.
一定要再来喔
You must come again.
当然
Yeah, sure.
这是你那一份 三千元
Here’s your share: $3,000.
-车在等了 -谢了
-The cab is waiting. -Thanks.
-艾迪 咱们走 -我想走路

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
前一篇文章爱的就是你
下一篇文章神迹
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!