…I want to stop them and say, “Listen, I’ve got a fellow!”
谢谢
Thanks.
艾迪 你通常出去都去哪里
Eddie, where do you go when you go out?
博物馆 美术馆 音乐会
Museums, art galleries, concerts.
你说你去上学 我还不是也相信你
I believe you when you say you go to school.
-你想跟我一起来吗 -开什么玩笑
-Do you want to go with me? -Are you kidding?
看到这本书没有
See that book?
我一搬来这里就想读 到现在连第一章都还没读完
I began it when I first got here, I haven’t finished the first chapter.
这些你都读过了
Did you read all those books?
都记得起来
Got it all in your head?
我清醒时会记得
When I’m sober.
喝醉时会搞混 通常都是搞混的
They get a little mixed up when I’m drunk. Usually they’re mixed up.
别把自己形容得像酒鬼 我不喜欢
Stop talking about yourself like you’re a lush. I don’t like it.
你应该去戒酒中心治疗一下
You should go to a clinic, and get some treatment.
我现在就在接受治疗
I’m getting treatment right here.
我饿了
I’m hungry.
随便你吃
Take your choice.
家里有很多食物供我们吃 到星期二都不需出门买♥♥菜
I got enough so we won’t have to leave the house till Tuesday.
你花了多少钱啊
What did all this stuff cost you?
你有钱的时候再还我吧
When you got money, you’ll pay.
先告诉我 这样我才不会忘
I want to know, to keep the score.
账单都在这里 你又没说你要看
The bills are right here. You didn’t say what you wanted.
-你都不做饭吗 -我会煮蛋 你喜欢哪一种
-Don’t you ever cook anything? -Eggs. How do you like them?
生一点
Raw.
我切到手指了
I cut my finger.
-我包包里应该有药 -不会很严重啦
-I got something in my bag. -It’s not bad.
艾迪 那行李箱里面装了什么
Eddie, what’s in that case?
-你还没打开来看 -当然没有 是你的东西啊
-Haven’t you opened it? -No. Why should I? It’s yours.
是一把机关枪
It’s a machine gun.
有人告诉我到大城市要带枪 所以我就带着它
A guy told me, in the big city I’d need a machine gun. So I bought one.
你怎么会有钱买♥♥这些东西
Where did you get the money to pay for all this?
又买♥♥酒又买♥♥菜 还要付房♥租
I mean liquor and the groceries and the rent.
我以前的情人是个有钱的老头
From a rich old man who used to be my lover.
你好 艾迪
Hello, Eddie.
查理 你好
Hello, Charlie.
请进
Come on in.
-那是我马子 -你好 艾迪的马子
-That’s my girl. -Hello, Eddie’s girl.
我到处在找你
I looked all over for you.
-你怎么找到的 -我到处问
-How did you find me? -I asked around.
-要我先离开一下吗 -不用
-Do you want me to go? -No. Stick around.
-需要喝点东西吗 -不用麻烦了
-Can we get you a drink? -I don’t want to be no bother.
不要这么谦虚 看起来真的有够假
Don’t play it small. It don’t look good on you.
-你要我怎样 我都没钱了 -我也没钱
-How do you want me to play? I’m broke. -So am I.
坐下
Sit down.
帮我们倒点东西吧
Would you get us a couple of drinks?
你怎么就这样一声不响地离开 就像小偷一样
You walked out on me. No goodbye, no nothing. Like a thief in the dark.
我们是伙伴耶 交情又不浅
We were partners, more than partners.
他对我来说就像
He was like a…
-儿子一样 -就像儿子
-A son. -Yes, like a son.
他16岁时 我们就认识了
I’ve known him since he was 16.
我第一次在奥克兰看到他
The first time I saw him in Oakland, I said:
我说 “这小子真有天份又很聪明”
“This is a talented boy. This is a smart boy.”
少说废话了
Talk to me.
跟我一起上路吧
I want you to come back on the road with me.
我不想再过那种生活了
I have no stomach for that kind of life anymore.
你在这有过好日子吗
What is your life like here?
每天也不过赢一点小钱
Playing the small rooms, winning a few bucks a day.
我会去帮你建立关系 我们一起把钱赚回来
I’ll connect. I’ll get your money back.
你想要到艾拇斯挑战肥子吗 是不是有这打算
Do you intend to play Fats again at Ames? Is that what’s on your mind?
我从没别的打算 一定要把那肥老头打败
Never been out of it. I’m going to beat that fat man…
一头捲发 还有那么多钻石戒指 我看了就烦
…with that curly hair and those diamond rings and that carnation.
这小子头脑有问题
This boy is crazy!
他上次痛宰你 你现在还想去找死
They wiped the floor with him and he wants to go back.
-干嘛啊 又想输钱 -一定会把钱赢回来
-What for? Another beating? -You’ll get your money back!
他以为我在乎那些钱 我在乎的是你
He thinks I care about the money. I care about you.
艾迪 你在乎我吗
Do you care about me, Eddie?
我们朝夕相处 合作了这么久
We were together a long time, night and day.
你要跟我分道扬镳
So how do you say goodbye?
把车子给我 外加一百块
You give me the car and $100.
你以为我在乎钱和车子 我在乎的是你
Do you think I care about the dough or the car? I care about you.
他是撞球场上顶尖的老油条
This boy is the greatest pool hustler you ever saw.
非常有自信 随便就能让人中计
A high-class con man. He can charm anybody into anything.
他有没有告诉你我们赚了多少 我们曾经拥有一切
Did he tell you how well we did on the road? We had everything.
吃得好 睡得好
We ate well, we slept late…
有大把钞票可花 每天都有美酒美女相伴
…we had money to burn. Whiskey, dames… Excuse me.
我们带她一起走好了
I tell you what, take her along.
要是你想等一下 那我们也不用急
And if you don’t want to start right away, we won’t start right away.
我们开车到迈阿密 好好放松心情
We’ll drive to Miami. Get it all out of your system.
晒晒太阳 开心一点
Have a few laughs, a few weeks in the sun.
-哪来的钱 -不用担心 我去准备
-With what? -Don’t worry, I’ll raise the money.
-怎么准备 -有差吗 我去张罗就好
-Yeah? Where? -What’s the difference? I’ll raise it.
可以再给我喝一杯吗
Could I have another drink?
查理 你是不是有骗我钱
Did you hold out on me, Charlie?
你拿了多少
How much?
多少
How much?
我的两成五 大概是一千五百吧
My 25%. Approximately $1,500.
你这个大烂人 我可以用那笔钱打败他
You crumb! With that much I could have beat him! That’s all I needed.
还给我
Give me the money!
干嘛 让你再度挑战肥子
What for, to play Fats again?
对 再度挑战肥子
Yes, I’ll play Fats again!
要是你愿意跟我一起上路 钱都是你的
If you want to come back on the road, the money is yours…
要是你又要跟肥子对战 钱的事想都别想
…but not if you want to give it to Fats.
怎样
What do you say?
查理 你还是搞不懂
You still don’t see, do you, Charlie?
你不过是个无名小卒
You’re nothing but a small-time Charlie.
很喜欢叫我去赌场上卖♥♥命
You would love to keep me hustling, wouldn’t you?
再过几年 我还在小镇间卖♥♥命赌博
In a couple more years, with me playing in those little towns…
我看你八成都有钱买♥♥下撞球场了
…you might be able to buy a poolroom in Oakland…
而且还是大规模的撞球场
…six tables and a handbook on the side.
到时候再把我甩掉
Is that when you say goodbye to me?
-你是这样想的 -没错 正是
-Is that what you think? -Yeah. That’s what I think.
好 那就是我想要的
All right, that’s what I want…
一个赌博撞球场
…a poolroom and a little handbook on the side.
我年纪不小了
I’m getting old.
那你去死吧 不要把我也拖下水
Lay down and die by yourself. Don’t take me with you.
-就这样 -对 就这样
-Just like that. -Yes, just like that!
小妞 谢谢你的招待
Thanks for the drink, Eddie’s girl.
再给我一杯
Give me another drink.
天哪
Boy.
大家都想利用我
Everybody wants a piece of me!
你不跟我一起喝
Won’t you have one?
他回来到底要干嘛
What did he have to come back here for, anyway?
过来
Come here.
过来
Come here.
-你要出去 -一下就回来
-Are you going out? -For a little while.
你还好吧
Are you okay?
你在写什么
What are you writing?
我编出来的故事
It’s a story. A story I’m making up.
还我啦
Give it to me.
这是什么意思
What is this supposed to mean?
还给我
Give it back to me!
这到底是什么意思
What does this mean?
“我们只是相互欺瞒同流合污”
“We have a contract of depravity. All we have to do is draw the blinds.”
这算什么故事
Write yourself another story!
我们本来就是这样啊
Well, what else have we got?
我们根本不会和对方谈心
We never talk about anything.
我们一天到晚都待在家里 喝酒然后做♥爱♥
We stay here in this room and we drink and we make love.
我们根本是陌生人
We’re strangers!
艾迪 要是我们没有钱 没有酒 该怎么过活
What happens when the liquor and money run out, Eddie?
你叫查理去死
You told Charlie to lay down and die.
你也想要我去死吗

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
前一篇文章爱的就是你
下一篇文章神迹
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!