即使我以相反的方式教育我的女儿
And even though I taught my daughter the opposite…
她却仍难逃窠臼
but still she came out the same way.
也许因为你是我生的 还是个女孩
Maybe it is because she was born to me and she was born a girl.
一如我是我母亲生的 也是个女孩
And I was born to my mother, and I was born a girl.
我们就像上台阶一般
All of us like stairs…
一步接一步 或上 或下
one step after another, going up, going down…
步履却始终踏在同一条路上
but always going the same way.
但是 不 不能这样
But, no, this cannot be.
不知道自己的价值
This, this not knowing what you’re worth.
这不是自你开始的
This not begin with you.
我母亲意识到自己的价值时
My mother not know her worth…
已太迟了
until too late.
对她来说太迟了 对我来说却不
Too late for her, but not for me.
现在 我们会明白 对你来说是否也太迟了呢
Now we will see if not too late for you, hmm?
萝丝 我 我在外面的大雨里站着
Rose, I’m- – I’m standing out in the rain…
门铃按了十五分钟 你还好吗
ringing the bell for 1 5 minutes. Are you okay?
亲爱的
Honey?
你还好吗
Are you okay?
亲爱的
Honey?
滚出我的房♥子
Get out of my house.
你听见了 滚出去
You heard me. Get out!
亲爱的 这是我们的房♥子
Honey, it’s our house.
我们说好要卖♥♥掉它 这也是我来这的目的
We agreed to sell it. That’s why I’m here.
你不能拿走我的房♥子
You’re not taking my house.
也不能带走我的女儿
You’re not taking my daughter.
不能拿走我的任何一部分
You’re not taking any part of me.
因为你不知道我是谁
‘Cause you don’t know who I am..
我六十年前就死了
I died 60 years ago.
我吃了鸦♥片♥
I ate opium…
然后死去
and I died…
为了我女儿好
for my daughter’s sake.
滚出我的屋子
Now get out of my house!
– 我在听 – 这不是你的错 一点也不是
– I’m listening. – It’s not your fault, none of it.
是我曾说过
I was the one who told you that…
我的爱渺小卑微
my love wasn’t good enough…
你的爱才熠熠生辉
that your love was worth more than mine.
都是些傻话
I was so full of shit.
– 噢 – 唔 好吃
– Oh. – Mmm, very good.
才不呢
No.
– 我能来点儿吗 – 噢 这是给琼的
– Can I have a bit? – Oh, it’s Auntie June’s piece.
– 是吗 – 是啊
– It is? – Yeah.
– 嗯 谢谢 – 没什么
– Mmm. Thank you. – Sure.
真是太好了 萝西 大家都在一起
It’s so wonderful, Rosie, how everybody’s here.
是啊 你妈妈一定会非常骄傲
Yeah. Your mom would’ve been so proud.
没有了她拿手的蟹 饭的味道都逊色了
No meal’s ever gonna be the same without your mom’s famous crab.
去年农历新年 我们邀林多阿姨一家来吃晚饭
Last Chinese New Year, we had Auntie Lindo’s family to dinner.
– 那是我妈妈最后一次能下厨做饭了 – 哇
– It was the last time my mom would ever cook… – Wow!
– 她的拿手菜螃蟹 – 是啊 我们能吃螃蟹啦 唔 好好吃
– her famous crab. – Yeah, we can eat crab! Mmm, yummy.
老庄 一切都还好吧
Old Chong, everything all right?
一切还好吗
How is everything?
噢 特别好 非常棒
Oh, excellent. Bravo.
最好的 一流的
Best, best quality.
谢谢你
Thank you.
听见没有 一流的
You see? Best quality.
我妈妈就是这样子 什么都要是最好的
That’s how my mother was. Everything had to be the best.
她对我也同样有信心 认为我无往不胜
She believed the same about me, that I could be anything.
相反
Instead…
我却成我母亲人生中最大的失意
I was the biggest disappointment in my mother’s life.
肖莎娜 不要用你的食物弹琴了
Shoshana, stop playing with your food.
你不是曾经弹过琴了吗
Say, didn’t you play the piano once?
– 不 不弹了 – 是啊 我想也是
– No, not really. – Yeah, I could’ve sworn.
这么多年过去了 她说话还是那么阴阳怪气
After all these years, she was still so sneaky.
嘿 琼 你的生意怎么样了
Hey, June, how your business go?
你妈妈告诉我你总是忙得不可开交
Your mother tell me you busy, busy, busy.
还挺好的
It’s going pretty good.
尽管我的有些客户以为
Although one of my clients seems to think…
是朋友就可以白干活不付钱
that freelance means free, just because we’re friends.
听着 琼 我不知道怎么跟你解释
Listen, June, I don’t know how to tell you this.
但是你写的那东西
But that stuff you wrote- –
公♥司♥决定不予使用
Well, the firm decided it was unacceptable.
好了 好了 不要多讲了
你撒谎 你说过 你说写得很棒的
You’re lying. You- – You said- – You said it was terrific.
– 我是不想伤害你的感情 – 你说过
– I didn’t want to hurt your feelings. – You said that- –
我当时是试着看还能怎么改一下
I was trying to see if I could fix it somehow…
– 但根本改不出来 – 听着 所有的文案都需要不断调整
– but it just won’t work. – Look, all copy needs fine- tuning.
改写当然是不收费的
Rewrites are free, of course.
我和你一样 希望能拿出好的东西
I’m just as concerned about making it perfect as you are.
琼 我真的不认为
June, I really don’t think- –
你就告诉我他们想怎么改
Just tell me what they want to have changed.
我下周给你电♥话♥
I’ll give you a call next week,
好吗 我们一句一句地看
okay? We’ll go over it line by line.
琼 我办不到
June, I can’t.
它就是不够 呃 精致
It’s just not… well, sophisticated.
我知道你为你的其他客户
I’m sure what you do for
做的工作很出色 – 姑娘们别吵了
your other clients is wonderful. – You girls.
算了

Ma!
我们是家大公♥司♥
And we are a big firm.
我们需要明白人来做工作
And we need somebody who understands that.
明白我们企业风格的人
Who understands our style.
这又和风格有什么关系
What does style have to do with it?
噢 天呐 我是说 真的 琼 “三项优势 三种需求
Oh, god. I mean, really, June. “Three benefits. Three needs.
三个购买♥♥的理由 包您满意
Three reasons to buy. Satisfaction guaranteed.
帮您节省今天和明日的税金”
For today’s and tomorrow’s tax needs.”
那只是一部分
That’s just part of it.
是 最差的部分
Yeah, the bad part.
真的 风格是教不来的
True. Cannot teach style.
琼和薇芙丽不一样
June not like Waverly.
应该是生来如此
Must be born this way.
我感到颜面尽失
I was so humiliated.
被薇芙丽占尽了便宜 还遭到自己妈妈的奚落
Outsmarted by Waverly and betrayed by my own mother.
我看你都没动你的螃蟹啊
I see you didn’t touch your crab.
我晚饭时就说了 我不饿
Like I said at dinner, not hungry.
怎么了 还在生薇芙丽的气吗
What? Still mad at Waverly?
我怎么能对那么有风格的人生气
How could I be mad at someone with all that style?
只怪我自己天生不长进
It’s just a shame that I wasn’t born that way.
– 所以你是在生我的气咯 – 不
– So it’s me you’re mad at? – No.
我就是遗憾你怎么会摊上我这么失败的女儿
I’m just sorry that you got stuck with such a loser…
我总是让人失望
that I’ve always been so disappointing.
什么意思 失望
What you mean, disappoint?
– 你是说钢琴吗 – 所有的一切
– Piano? – Everything.
我的成绩 我的工作
My grades, my job.
没有结婚
Not getting married.
– 所有一切你指望我有的 – 我没有指望任何东西
– Everything you expected of me. – Not expect anything!
从来没有什么指望
Never expect!
只有期望
Only hope.
期望你有最好的 有期望并没有错啊
Only hoping best for you. It’s not wrong to hope.
没有吗
No?
是啊 可它很伤人
Well, it hurts.
因为每次你期待一些
Because every time you hoped
我做不到的事 我都很受伤
for something I couldn’t deliver, it hurt.
我很受伤啊 妈妈
It hurt me, Mommy.
不管你的期望是什么
And no matter what you hope for…
我永远也做不到超越自我的事
I’ll never be more than what I am.
而且你从未看到
And you never see that!
真实的我是什么样
What I really am.
– 不要 – 琼
– Uh- huh. – June…
从你还是个婴儿时
since your baby time…
我就把它贴在胸口戴着
I wear this next to my heart.
现在该轮到你了
Now you wear next to yours.
它会让你知道
It will help you know.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!