好的 这儿有多少升半音
Okey-dokey. Now, how many sharps…
多少降半音
how many flats?
– 我们在什么音调上 – 在Z大调上
– What key are we in? – Z major.
– 什么 – Z大调 – 很好
– What? – Z major! -Good.
对于独奏会来说
Now, for the recital…
需要更多感情
more feeling…
更多热忱
more gusto!
当我还小的时候 林多阿姨
When I was young, Auntie Lindo…
是我妈妈最好的朋友也是头号♥敌人
was my mother’s best friend and archenemy.
她们选择的武器就是攀比她们的孩子
Their weapons of choice were comparing their children.
母亲受不了总听林多阿姨吹嘘
Mom was sick of hearing Auntie Lindo brag…
自己的女儿薇芙丽是唐人街的国际象棋冠军
about her daughter Waverly, who was Chinatown’s chess champion.
那天晚上母亲发现我的
That night Mom figured I’d redeem her…
– 国际钢琴首秀可以挽回她的颜面 – 我叫我的女儿
– with my international piano debut. – I ask my daughter…
帮我拿点东西
“Help me carry grocery.”
她觉得这太过了
She think this too much ask.
一整天她都在下棋
All day long she play chess.
我给她的奖杯掸灰 她感激我吗 不
I dust off all her trophy. Appreciate me? No.
你很幸运不用面对这些烦心事儿
You lucky you don’t have the same problem.
我的烦心事比你还严重呢
My problem worser than yours.
如果我跟琼说 该去洗盘子啦
If I tell June time to wash dish…
她却只能听的到音乐
she hear nothing but music.
就好像你无法阻止这种天赋一样
It’s like you can’t stop this natural talent.
直到那晚 我也不相信我是个奇才
Until that night, I didn’t believe I was a prodigy.
蠢蛋
Twerp.
事实上 我想尽了办法去证明我母亲是错的
In fact, I used to go out of my way to prove my mother wrong…
我并没有成为最棒的人的才能
that I wasn’t cut out to be the best anything…
我只能成为我自己
I could only be me.
我弹得太美妙了 好像我的手是属于莫扎特的
It was incredible. It was like my hands were possessed by Mozart.
所有人都能看到 都能听到
And everybody could see this, could hear this.
我是个天才 我的才能被发掘了
I was a genius. I had been discovered.
然后我就听到了这些
And then I heard it.
也许他们没有发现
Maybe they didn’t notice.
太棒了太棒了 再来一个 太棒了
Bravo! Bravo! Encore! Well done!
BGM: (Theme From) The Monkees
在这场天才演奏以失败告终以后
After the talent show fiasco
我觉得我再也不要
I figured I never had
弹钢琴了
to play the piano again.
四点了 关上电视
4:00. Turn off TV.
到点弹钢琴了
Practice piano time.
我简直不敢相信她这么说
I couldn’t believe what she was saying.
就像我
Like I was…
还打算再遭一次罪一样
supposed to go through the same torture again.
才不要呢
Forget it.
我说什么来着 四点
What I say? 4:00.
我不要再弹琴了
I’m not going to play any more.
我为什么要弹
Why should I?
你说什么
What did you say?
我不是你的奴隶 这儿不是中国
I’m not your slave. This isn’t China.
你不能逼我
You can’t make me.
– 起来 – 不不我不
– Get up! – No! No, I won’t.
我不
No!
不不 我不弹
No! No, I won’t.
你想让我成为厉害的人 但我不是
You want me to be someone I’m not!
我永远不会成为你想让我成为的那种女儿
I’ll never be the kind of daughter that you want me to be!
有两种女儿: 乖乖听话的 或者遵从自己内心的
There be two kinds of daughter: obedient or follow own mind.
只有一种女儿能待在这个家里
Only one kind of daughter could live in this house:
– 乖乖听话的那种 – 那我希望我不是你的女儿
– obedient kind. – Then I wish I wasn’t your daughter!
我希望你不是我妈妈
I wish you weren’t my mom!
太晚了 改不了了
Too late to change this.
这就是我记得我们永远不能再讨论的话题
That’s when I remembered what we could never talk about.
那我希望我去死
Then I wish I were dead…
就像她们一样 那些你在中国杀了的小孩
like them, the babies that you killed in China!
我母亲曾经给我讲过这个陌生的故事
My mother had once told me this strange story…
她还在中国的时候的事
what happened to her in China.
她说她那会正打算
She said she was going to
去重庆见她那个时候的丈夫
Chungking to meet the man who was her husband.
这是第一次我
That was the first time I
知道她在我父亲以前还结过婚
ever heard she was married before my father.
她几乎没时间照顾她的孩子 一对双胞胎女儿
She barely had time to grab her babies, twin girls.
这也是我第一次知道她以前有过孩子
That was the first time I heard she had other babies.
我一直试图在脑子里构建这幅画面
I always try to picture in my mind what really happened…
但是她从没解释给我听
but she would never explain.
她只说 那会她到了重庆
She would only say by the time she reached Chungking…
她失去了一切
she had lost everything.
然后我问“等等 你说‘所有’是指什么
And I said, “Wait, what do you mean ‘everything’?
这些孩子怎么了”
What happened to those babies?”
关于我的母亲 我不能理解的太多了
There were so many things about my mother I never understood.
这是唯一一件我不能原谅的事
This is the only one I never forgave.
这两个婴孩
The babies.
你知道吗 两个孩子
You know? Two babies?
孩子 我们都以为孩子已经死了啊
The babies? We all thought that the babies had died.
– 但是上周在一个教堂野餐会上 – 你知道
– But last month at a church picnic– – You know…
你妈妈把两个婴孩仍在了路边 在战争时期
two babies your mother leave on the roadside, in wartime?
是个奇迹 但是我们找到了她们
It’s miracle, but we find them.
是的 你能想像的出来吗 她们仍然活着
Yes! Can you imagine? They still alive!
你说什么 她们还活着
What are you saying? They’re alive?
我认为你母亲一直想找到她俩
I think your mother always want to find them…
这是她长久渴望的一个愿望啊
her long-cherished wish.
所以她去世以后 我们试着找她
So after she died, we tried for her;
– 一直写信 – “我的
– writing, writing, writing. – “My–”
– 这是她俩写的吗 那两个婴孩 – 啊 她们不再是婴孩啦
– This is from them, those babies? – Ah, no baby anymore.
她们还活着
They’re alive!
哦她们说了什么 这些是什么意思
Oh, what does it say? What does it mean?
信上说 看这儿
It say– See here?
她们很高兴 不不不
They are very glad– No, no, no, no, no.
是欣喜若狂
Overjoyed beyond belief…
最终能找到你 她们的小妹妹
at last find you, their little sister.
她们说 看这儿
And they say– See here?
她们有多难过
How sad, how very sad…
太晚了 没能在
too late to meet their mother…
母亲活着的时候见到她
now she no longer in this world.
是啊 是啊
Yes, yes.
信上说 看这儿
It says– See here?
你一定要回中国见见她们
You must come to China and meet them…
给她们讲讲她们的母亲
and tell them all about their mother.
我能告诉她们什么
What could I tell them?
我一点也不了解她 她
I didn’t know anything about her. She was–
– 她是我母亲 – 你是什么意思
– She was my mother. – What do you mean?
告诉她们她有多聪明
Tell them how smart she was…
她人有多善良
how kind she was.
– 每个人都爱她 – 她待人多真诚 工作多努力
– Everyone love her. – How sincere, how hard-working she was.
-她做饭多好吃 – 甚至比我做的还好吃
– And the excellent dishes she cooked. – Even better than mine.
还有她唱歌♥多好听 你不记得了吗
And how beautiful she sang. Don’t you remember?
一个女儿怎么能不了解她的母亲呢
How can a daughter not know her own mother?
你们是对的 我会告诉她们的
You’re right. I will tell them.
我应该这样 我想这样做
I-I should. I want to.
琼 琼
June? June.
你在想什么
What you thinking?
啊 那些婴孩 当然啦 那对双胞胎
Oh, those babies, of course. The twins.
我不敢相信我真的要去见她们了
I can’t believe I’m actually going to meet them.
当你告诉她们母亲已经去世的时候 她们得多伤心啊
How sad they must have been when you told them Mom died.
对你来说 那一定是一封很难写的信
That must have been the hardest letter for you to write.
哦花生碗空了
Oh, peanut bowl empty.
啊我再去拿点来
Oh! Oh, I’ll get us some.
这么久以来一直不告诉她真♥相♥
All this time never telling her the truth.
– 必须今天告诉她 – 你怎么能不告诉她
– Must tell her today. – How can you not tell her?
我怎么能告诉她那封信到底说了什么
How can I tell her what the letter really say?
然后她永远不会去中国 永远不会去见她的姐姐
Then she never go to China, never go to see her sister.
我做对了吗 是的当然
Am I right? Yes, of course.
林多 我仍然觉得这是错误的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!