– 那就是她隐藏恐惧的地方 – 妈
– this place where she hides her fears. – Mom?
她会知道
She will know…
我就像老虎一样在丛林中等候
I am waiting like a tiger in the trees…
现已准备好纵身一跃释放她的灵魂
now ready to leap out and cut her spirit loose.

Mom.
你想得到什么
Do you know what you want?
我是说从他身上
I mean, from him.
尊重
Respect.
柔情
Tenderness.
那现在告诉他
Then tell him now.
然后离开这座没平衡感的房♥子
And leave this lopsided house.
他没给你这些前不要回来
Do not come back until he give you those things.
直到他双手奉上
With both hands open.
我做不到
I can’t..
失去他不算什么
Losing him does not matter.
你会被人
It is you who will be found…
珍爱的
and cherished.
我妈看见我们床脚边的镜子
So my mom sees this mirror at the foot of our bed.
她说 哎呀 镜子放卧室不吉利
And she says, “Ai-ya, a mirror there is bad luck.
所有的爱情运会撞到镜子上
All the romance will hit the mirror,
然后跑向反方向
poom, go back the opposite direction.”
– 你们怎么做了 – 我们把镜子移开了
– So what’d you do? – We moved it.
没错 就摆在天花板上
Yeah, put that baby right on the ceiling.
薇芙丽喜欢那样
Waverly loves it.
对 这家伙愿意为我妈做任何事
Yeah, well, this guy will do anything for her.
但是他们是盟友 现在已经失控了
But they’re allies. But now it’s getting out of hand…
因为聚会过后 我们会去太浩湖
because after the party, we’re going to Lake Tahoe…
他叫她和我们一起
and he actually asked her to come with us.
– 她会玩得很开心的 – 你是疯了吗
– Come on, she’d have a great time! – What are you, nuts?
我们之中选一个
Well, choosing between the two of us,
我宁愿我玩得开心
I’d rather I had the great time, okay?
– 你会玩得开心的 – 悠着点
– You’ll have a good time. – Easy, cowboy.
留点肚子给甜点
Ah, ah, ah, save some room for dessert.
我妈的蛋糕快好了
My mom’s cake is coming out,
我指望你们每人吃两块
and I’m counting on you guys for two slices apiece.
– 她会吃五块 – 十块
– She’ll eat five. – Ten.
我一定要用筷子吗 会费点事
Uh, do I have to use chopsticks? Because it could take a while.
詹妮弗在哪儿
Where’s Jennifer?
琼在哄她睡觉
Oh, her Auntie June is putting her down for a nap.
我去看看她
Oh, I’ll go check on her.
现在这个女人已经老矣
And now the woman was old.
她的女儿只在讲英语的环境中成长
And she had a daughter who grew up speaking only…
喝的可乐比悲伤多
English and swallowing more Coca-Cola than sorrow.
– 什么是悲伤 – 难过的意思
– What’s “Sorrow”? – Sadness.
一直以来 这个女人想要给她的女儿
For a long time now, the woman wanted to give her daughter…
这根天鹅羽毛 告诉她
the single swan feather and tell her–
天鹅是真的吗 真的有一只天鹅吗
Is the swan real? Is there really a swan?
我不知道 宝贝 这是我妈妈的故事
I don’t know, baby. It’s my mama’s story..
我们没法问她因为她去世了
And we can’t ask her ’cause she’s dead.
这个女人会告诉她女儿
And the woman would tell her daughter…
这根羽毛看似一文不值
“This feather may look worthless…
但却是远从千里而来
but it comes from afar
承载着我的一片心
and carries with it all my good intentions.”
– 什么是一片心意 – 意思是
– What’s “Intentions”? – Oh, a good intention means…
每个母亲都想为孩子做的事
everything your mommy wants for you.
比如吹你生日蛋糕上的蜡烛
Like blowing out candles on your birthday cake.
– 喜欢吗 – 很不错
– Like it? – It’s great.
琼会喜欢的
It’s gonna be great for June..
我打赌现在中国的那对双胞胎
I bet the twins are in China right now…
正在梦见她们的美国小妹妹
dreaming about their little American sister.
是的 但她们的母亲
Yes, but their mother…H
才是她们这么多年等候的人
that’s who they waited for all these years.
– 她们会很伤心的 – 她们已经知道了
– They will be so sad. – They already know.
林多阿姨写信给她们了
Auntie Lindo wrote them.
当我还是个小女孩 我每天都想知道
As a little girl, I wondered every day.
最槽糕的是 我必须偷偷地好奇
Worst of all, I had to wonder in secret.
我对母亲没有记忆
I had no memory of my mother…
因为她在我四岁那年
because she was kicked out of the house…
被赶出家门了
when I was four years old.
– 这个鬼是谁啊 – 安美
– 寡妇不守节 当了人家的小老婆 – 快跟妈妈一起走
我不承认你是我的女儿
安美知道你 就会跟你一样
你若对你可怜的妈还有一点尊敬的话
你就去死吧
你不要以为吴清有钱 就能买♥♥回你的脸
你的丈夫坟土未干
你就做了别人的小老婆
照我说啊 她就应该从我们家的家谱里拉掉
你给我出去
安美
滚汤留下的疤
The scar from the soup…
是我对母亲仅有的印象
was all I had left of my mother.
我的外祖母 舅舅和舅妈
My grandmother, my uncle and my aunties…
他们教我恨她
they taught me to hate her.
他们指责她不守妇道
They accused her of breaking her vow as a widow…
跑去嫁给有钱人
and running away to marry a rich man…
那人已经有了三房♥太太和其他孩子
who already had a wife, two concubines and other children.
有一天我的外祖母卧病在床奄奄一息时
Then one day, as my grandmother was lying in her deathbed…
你看 这个不要脸的女人回来了
哎呀 你怎么回来了
真是卑鄙无♥耻♥
连鬼见了你都要啐你一口
你背叛了我们祖宗
你要是有点廉耻 就别来搅和
– 让妈平平静静地归天 – 真不要脸
妈已经不认你这个女儿了
我在母亲的脸上看到了自己
I saw my own face looking back at me.
这是一个旧习俗
It was an old tradition.
只有最孝顺的女儿
Only the most dutiful of daughters…
才会割肉煮汤
would put her own flesh in a soup…
救她母亲一命
to save her mother’s life.
我母亲全心全意地尽孝
My mother did this with her whole heart…
尽管我的外祖母已经不认她了
even though my grandmother had disowned her.
这是一个女儿报效她母亲的方式
This is how a daughter honors her mother.
皮肉上的苦痛算不了什么
The pain of the flesh is nothing.
你必须忘记疼痛
The pain you must forget.
这才是一个女儿能为母亲
This is the most important sacrifice…
做的最重要的牺牲
a daughter can make for her mother.
妈 你别走
妈 你别走
安美 妈走了
你记住在家好好听舅舅舅妈的话
要乖
别把妈给忘了
你要是把孩子领走
那她就会跟你一样
没脸见人了
也就永远抬不起头来喽
我失去过她一次
I lost her once before.
这一次我在一切都太晚之前放手一搏
This time I took my chance before it was too late.
– 妈 妈 – 安美 你要留下来啊
妈 妈
Mom? Mom?
咱们走吧
Let’s go.
詹妮弗 把汤给妈妈
Jennifer, give the soup to Mommy.
我怕你撒了 好勒
I’m afraid you’ll spill it. There you go.
乖孩子
Good girl.
泰德来吃晚饭吗
Ted coming to dinner?
你为什么问
Why do you ask that?
你买♥♥了面粉 鸡蛋
Huh, you bought flour, egg…
好时巧克力条 四季宝花生酱
bittersweet Hershey bar, Skippy Chunky.
正好是做巧克力花生酱派的材料 还有谁会吃
Good for only chocolate peanut butter pie. Who else eat?
准确说不是晚餐
Well, I-it’s not a dinner exactly.
就是今晚在家见面
Just sort of a meeting at the house tonight.
– 见面? – 我们都认为是时候
– Meeting? – Yeah, well, we both thought it was time…
处置所有的财物
to settle all the property stuff.
– 你们都? – 是的
– Both? – Yeah, both. Absolutely.
你准备要什么
What you going to ask for?
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
我在说你的价值
Talking about what you’re worth.
他在校园里第一次自我介绍的下午
That first afternoon he introduced himself on campus…
他问我借笔记
he asked to borrow my notes.
我假装不知道他是谁
I pretended I didn’t know who he was.
这个真好吃
Um, this is so good. It is.
人们看报纸 看到的是文章
People look at the newspaper, and they see the articles–
我不知道我为什么说这个

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!