Not a mark on it.
一点划痕都没有
Not a bloody scratch!
玛格丽特,你现在叫什么?
What’s your name now, Margaret?
我的名字是玛丽!你滚开!
My name’s Mary! Go away!
玛丽是吗?玛丽什么?
Mary, is it now? Mary what?
你姓什么呢?
Mary what?
我要报♥警♥了
报♥警♥? – I’ll call the police! – Call the police?
你可不会报♥警♥,虚伪的贱♥人♥
I don’t think you will, you two-faced pisshole.
你怎么可能报♥警♥呢?
‘Cause calling the police is just what you didn’t do.
说到这个,有一件事可到日子了
Apropos of which, I think another contribution is due.
需要帮忙吗?吵什么呢?
Can I help you? What’s all this din?
没吵,先生
No din, sir.
我和玛格丽特在聊些过去的事
Margaret and I were just taking a stroll down memory lane.
别叫我“玛格丽特”,那个名字已埋葬在罪恶里
No. Don’t “Margaret” me. That name is buried to sin.
你之前来过
You came before.
当然,这不是之前那辆货车,对吗?
Of course, this isn’t the van, is it?
她之前还有一辆
She had another one.
你真好心
Kind of you.
一个无家可归的女人
A homeless woman.
忘恩负义
A thankless soul
还不修边幅
And not over-salubrious.
再见,玛格丽特
Good-bye, Margaret.
你说你叫玛丽
I thought you said your name was Mary.
我就叫玛丽
那为什么他叫你玛格丽特? – It is. – So, why does he call you Margaret?
他可能空腹喝了太多酒
He’s taken too much to drink on an empty stomach, possibly.
玛丽·谢帕德是你的名字吗?
It is your name? Mary Shepherd.
服从罗马天主教堂,任主裁决更改
Subject to the Roman Catholic Church in her rights and to amendment.
很明显这不是她的真名
It’s obviously not her name.
自从她把货车开进花♥园♥,已经很多年过去了
But although years have passed since she drove her van into the garden,
我还是没能开口问她到底是谁
I’m still too polite to ask who she is,
更别提那个定期出现的男人到底要干什么了
let alone what this fellow wants who materializes at regular intervals
以及货车旁刺耳的尖叫
and comes braying on the side of the van.
这跟音乐有关
Music has something to do with it.
但仅仅是因为噪音,还是音乐本身呢?
But is it just the noise, or music itself?
我能听见音乐
I can hear the music.
我能听见
I can hear it!
你为什么一定要放音乐?
Why must you play that?
我能听到
I can hear it!
你怎么会讨厌音乐?你以前还弹钢琴呢
How can you dislike music? You used to play the piano.
你怎么知道?
How do you know that?
你告诉我的
You told me.
我没说我不喜欢,我只是不想听到
I didn’t say I didn’t like it. I don’t want to hear it, that’s all!
她现在会说吗?
Should she speak now?
她会解释吗?
Should she explain?
她从没透露,也从没解释
Well, she never lets on. Never explains.
也许她应该这样
Well, maybe she should.
我…
Well, I…
在修道院的时候,有一次我被单独留在一个房♥间里
I was once left alone in a room in the convent.
一般来说,他们不会让新人独处
They didn’t leave novices alone normally.
那里有一架钢琴
And there was a piano there.
我试了下,钢琴是开着的
I tried it, and it was open.
但需要调音
It needed tuning.
一些琴键已经不响了
Some of the notes were dead.
但对我来说它比所有钢琴都更美妙
But it sounded more beautiful to me than any of the pianos I’d ever played.
然后
And then
新人嬷嬷突然进来了
suddenly, the mistress of the novices came in.
是悄悄进来的,我没听到她
Crept in, possibly, ’cause I didn’t hear her. She said…
她说,这是上帝的旨意
It’s God’s will.
是上帝的意愿,之前也跟我说过
That was what God wanted. And that I’d been told before.
让我不要争辩
And don’t argue.
我说
I said,
为赞美诗伴奏也不行吗?
couldn’t I just play some hymns for us to sing to?
她说我这样就是在争辩
And she said that was arguing.
如果我争辩就永远做不了修女
And I’d never make a nun if I argued.
在同样的痛苦中
So, with painful symmetry,
我母亲最终住进了滨海韦斯顿的养老院
my mother ends up in a home in Weston-super-Mare
而和她年纪相仿的流浪者却住在我家花♥园♥
while her derelict counterpart resides in my garden.
把母亲送进养老院在我看来是某种失败
Putting my mother in a home, I see as some sort of failure.
而收留另一个人,也是种失败
And giving the other a home, that’s a failure, too.
老天
Jesus.
她居然弄了辆三轮车
She’s got herself a three-wheeler.
你要把它停在哪?
Where will you park it?
业主停车位啊
In the residents’ parking.
你没有许可证
我昨天拿到了许可证 – You haven’t got a permit. – Yeah, I have. Yes, I got one yesterday.
你没告诉我啊
Well, you never told me.
告诉你你肯定会反对我
Well, you’d only have raised objections if I had.
你上保险了吗?
Have you insured it?
我不需要保险,就像那辆货车,有上帝保佑
I don’t need insuring. It’s like the van, I’m insured in heaven.
那出了事谁来赔偿,教皇吗?
So, who pays if you have an accident, the Pope?
我不会出事故
I shan’t have an accident.
万一你撞到什么了呢?
Well, what if you run into something?
我不会撞到任何东西,我开车经验很丰富
I shan’t run into anything. I’m an experienced driver.
大封锁时,我开过救护车
I drove ambulances in the blackout.
那要是有人撞到你了呢?
Well, what if someone runs into you?
谢帕德女士,万一有人撞到你了呢?
Miss Shepherd, what if someone runs into you?
你无权这么说
You have no business saying that.
你为什么这么说?没人会撞到我
Why do you say that? No one is going to run into me!
钥匙在哪?
Where’s the key?
什么钥匙?
车钥匙,我放这了 – What key? – The car key. I put it down.
我没拿
Well, I haven’t got it.
一定是你拿走了
我没有 – You had to have taken it. – I have not.
你说谎!你不想让我留下这车,所以把钥匙拿走了
You’re lying! You don’t want me to have the car, so you’ve taken the key.
别喊!
我喊是因为你无知 – Don’t shout! – I have to shout because of your ignorance.
一天到晚,人们来来往往
People coming and going all hours of the day and night.
我得离开了,给我钥匙
I’d be better off in a ditch! Give me the key!
我没拿你的破钥匙
I haven’t got your sodding key!
你脖子上挂的是什么?
What’s that around your neck?
是你的破钥匙!
This is the key. The sodding key!
玩的开心吗?
Having fun?
你不打算跟我道歉吗?
Shouldn’t you say sorry?
我没时间道歉
I’ve no time for sorry.
道歉的话只能说给上帝
Sorry is for God.
那是我唯一一次触碰到她
This was the only time I ever touched her,
不是因为她叫我骗子,而是她似乎疯了
and not because she was calling me a liar, but because she seemed mad.
这是我的母亲
It was my mother.
你总是把她俩进行比较,她们不一样
It’s always Mam you compare her with. They are not the same.
我甚至不喜欢她们说同一个句子
I don’t like them even sharing the same sentence.
那些天,我们就好像结婚多年的老夫妻一样
These days, it’s almost as if we’re married.
人们总问我,“你家老太婆还好吗”
“How’s your old lady?” They say.
人们称呼自己的妻子为老太婆
Which is what people call a wife. Your old lady.
你家老太婆还好吗?
How’s your old lady?
她还在,我也还在
Well, she’s still there. I’m still here.
你母亲过世了,是吗?
Your mother died, didn’t she?
没有,她还在
No, she’s still here, too.
她在养老院
She’s in a home.
但她精神状态不好,经常乱跑
Except she’s not all there. She’s not anywhere.
我们不在剧里讲清楚吗?
Shouldn’t we make that plain in the play?
不用,这是机密
No. It’s classified information.
许多年前,妈妈想让谢帕德女士住进养老院
Years ago, Mam wanted Miss Shepherd put in a home.
但她仍自♥由♥自在
But she’s still on the loose.
当然,她精神状态可想而知
Of course, whether she’s all there or not is anyone’s guess.
巴尼特先生
Mr Bennett!
我不想把三轮车停在街上
You know, I don’t like the three-wheeler standing in the street.
你看,你把货车往窗户前面挪一点
You see, if you pushed the van in front of your window,
我就能把小三轮停在车道上了
I could get the Reliant in there on the drive.
这里空间很大的
There’s tons of room.
这样货车和小三轮都有了
So, I have the van and the Reliant.
是啊,我得到指引这里是它们的归宿
Yeah, I’ve had guidance that’s where it should be.
以防有人破坏
You know, in terms of vandals.
谁给你的指引?
Guidance from whom?
我不方便透露

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!