I can get the Hermes back to Mars by SOL 561.
怎样做
How?
你能站到这里来吗
Could you stand right there for me, please?
谢谢
Thanks.
就在这里
Right there. Great.
你能站到那里吗 那里
And could you stand right there? Right there.
假设这个订书机是赫耳墨斯
Okay, let’s pretend that this stapler is the Hermes…
而你是…
And you are…
对不起 我不记得你的名字
I’m sorry, what’s your name again?
泰迪 NASA主管
Teddy. I’m the director of NASA.
棒 泰迪 你是地球
Cool. Teddy, you’re earth.
此刻赫耳墨斯正向你飞来
And right now, the Hermes is headed towards you…
提前一月开始减速 以便与地球对接
Starting its month-long deceleration to intercept.
但我建议的方法是…
But instead, what I’m proposing is…
我们立即开始加速
We start accelerating immediately
以保持甚至得到更多速度
to preserve velocity and gain even more.
我们完全不与地球对接
We don’t intercept with earth at all…
但可以近距离飞掠地球
But we come close enough
以得到引力助推并调整航线
to get a gravity assist and adjust course.
在这么做的同时
While we’re doing that…
我们用探测器进行补给
We resupply with the probe
太阳神号♥
The Taiyang Shen.
带上所需的一切物资
…pick up whatever provisions we need…
现在加速飞向火星
And now we’re accelerating towards Mars.
你是火星
You’re Mars.
此时 我们速度太快
Now, we’re going too fast
无法落入火星轨道
at this point to fall into orbit…
但我们可以飞越定点位置
But we can do a flyby.
如果沃特尼无法离开火星表面
What good is a flyby
飞越定点位置又有什么用
if we can’t get Watney off the surface?
沃特尼可以用飞行器进行空中对接
Watney would intercept using the MAV.
然后我们就飞回家
And then we just head home.
我验算过了 行得通
I’ve done the math. It checks out.
-里奇 -是 长官
– Rich. – Yes, sir.
出去
Get out.
好了
All right.
-他说得对吗 -对
– Is he right? – Yeah.
布鲁斯 你觉得怎样
Bruce, what do you think?
如果文森特同意我就同意
Well, if Vincent says so.
我们需要太阳神号♥
We need to use the Taiyang Shen?

Uh-huh.
我错过了什么 为什么它那么重要
What am I missing? Why is that important?
因为我们只有一次机会
Because we can only do one.
给沃特尼送食物 直到战神四号♥到达
Send Watney enough food to last till Ares 4…
或送赫耳墨斯回去救他
or send Hermes back to get him right now.
两种方案都需要太阳神号♥
Both plans require the Taiyang Shen,
所以我们只能二选一
so we have to choose.
赫耳墨斯组员的意见呢
But what about the Hermes crew?
我们将要求他们
We’d be asking them to add
将任务时间延长533天
533 extra days to their mission.
他们一定会毫不迟疑地答应
Yeah. They wouldn’t hesitate, not for a second.
赫耳墨斯能在超出原定任务时间后
Can the Hermes function for 533 days
再额外运行533天吗
beyond the scheduled mission end?
应该可以
It should.
它被设计用于支持整个战神任务
Built to last the full Ares mission…
它离最终使用期限还有一半的时间
So technically, it’s only halfway through its lifespan.
但如果出了任何差错
But if something goes wrong…
我们将会失去全组成员
Then we lose the crew.
怎么办 我们有很大几率
So what? We either have a high chance
断送一条人命
of killing one person…
或是有很小几率断送六条人命
Or a low chance of killing six people.
我们怎么能做这么大的决定
How do we make that decision?
我们不需要做这个决定 布鲁斯
We don’t have to make it, Bruce.
那是他的事
He does.
放屁
Yeah, well, bullshit.
应该由露易丝指挥官做决定
It should be Commander Lewis’ call.
我们还是有机会
We still have a chance to bring
让五位宇航员安全回家
five astronauts home safe and sound.
我不会拿他们的性命去冒险
I’m not risking their lives.
让他们自己做决定
Let them make that decision.
米契 我们采用方案一
Mitch, we’re going with option one.
你这个懦夫
You goddamn coward.
约翰逊
Johanssen?
我知道这是你的私人时间
I know it’s your private time.
但能打扰你一下吗
Can I bother you for a second?
说吧
Yeah, go ahead.
你在哪里
Where are you?
健身房♥
The gym.
怎么了
What’s up?
我刚刚收到我妻子的邮件
I just got an email from my wife
邮件主题是”孩子”
and the subject line says, “Our children.”
我的电脑打不开附件
My computer won’t open the attachment.
好的
Okay.
我们一起来看看
Let’s take a look.
看一下
Let’s see.
这不是图片
This isn’t a jpeg.
这是信息交换标准码文本文档
It’s a plain ASCII text file.
我不太明白这是什么
I don’t really know what we’re looking at.
你懂这是什么意思吗
Does that make any sense to you?
“里奇·珀内尔操作”
“Rich Purnell maneuver.”
这是给赫耳墨斯的航线操作
It’s a course maneuver for the Hermes.
与地球对接后任务结束
And the mission concludes with earth intercept,
比原定计划晚了211天
211 days later.
管用吗
Would it work?
我们计算过 他们也通过了
Mmm-hmm. We ran the numbers. They check out.
这个航线太棒了
It’s a brilliant course.
那为什么要秘密进行
So why all the cloak and dagger?
因为它违反了NASA的决定
Because it goes directly against NASA’s decision.
如果我们这么操作
Yeah. If we do the maneuver,
他们不得不运送物资 否则我们会死
they’d have to send the supply ship or we die.
我们有机会迫使他们行动
We have the opportunity to force their hand.
所以我们要不要这么做
So, are we gonna do it?
如果是我做主 我们早就这么干了
If it was up to me, we’d already be on our way.
但这里确实由你做主 不是吗
But it is, though, isn’t it? Up to you.
这次不行
Not this time.
这已经被NASA公开否决
This is something NASA expressly rejected.
我们说的是叛变
We’re talking about mutiny here,
我不会草率对待
which is not a word that I take lightly.
我们要么一起做 要么都不做
So we do this together or not at all.
在你表态之前 先考虑后果
And before you answer, consider the consequences.
如果物资补给搞砸了 我们会死
If we mess up the supply rendezvous, we die.
如果地球引力助推搞砸了 我们会死
If we mess up the earth gravity assist, we die.
即使我们一切都做得很完美
If we do everything perfectly…
任务将会延长533天
We add 533 days to our mission.
我们要再等533天才能和家人团聚
533 more days before we see our families again.
533天超出计划外的宇宙航行
533 days of unplanned space travel…
哪里都可能会出差错
Where anything could go wrong.
如果出现关键错误 我们会死
If it’s mission critical, we die.
算我一个
Sign me up.
等等 别急
All right, cowboy, slow down.
你和我是军人
You and I, we’re military.
可能一到家 立马就上军事法庭
Chances are, we go home, they’ll court martial us.
确实有可能
Yeah, there’s that.
至于你们…
And for the rest of you guys…
我保证他们再也不会送你们上来
I guarantee they will never send you back up here again.
如果我们决定好了 要怎么行动
Good. So, if we go for it, how would it work?
我来策划和执行航线
I plot the course and execute it.
远程控制
Remote override.
他们可以从任务控制中心
They could take over the Hermes
控制赫耳墨斯
from mission control.
你可以关掉它吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!