根据真实事件改编
毛里塔尼亚 2001年11月 911事件两个月后
你看起来气色不错 德国很适合你
You’re looking good. Germany suits you.
我应该再早些回来看你们
I should have come back to visit sooner.
那边的汽油卖♥♥多少钱?
How much is gas over there?
我不知道我坐地铁
I don’t know, I ride the Metro.
你能帮我侄子搞定签证的事吗?
Can you help with my nephew’s visa?
他想学习 他就是个小爱因斯坦 像你一样
He wants to study, he’s a little Einstein, like you.
当然 明天带他一起来
Of course! Bring him tomorrow.
谢谢你 赞颂你
Thank you, praise be.
妈妈 进去
Mama, go inside.
是关于你新装上的卫星天线的事吗?
Is this about the new satellite dish you put up?
不是 没什么事
No. It’s nothing.
同样的事儿还要来多少遍?
How many times can I say the same thing?
我不知道马哈富兹是谁
I have no idea where my cousin Mahfouz is.
我估计本拉♥登♥也不知道
I doubt Bin Laden even knows.
听着
Listen.
在纽约的袭击之后
After these New York attacks…
美国人都快发疯了
the Americans are going crazy.
他们想和你谈谈
They want to talk to you.
明白吗
You understand?
那让我换身衣服的
Allow me to change.
不然他们会误以为我是什么海湾王子的
They’ll confuse me for a Gulf prince.
赶快 跟上他
Hurry up, follow him!
删除所有联♥系♥人 电♥话♥薄(退出 选择)
你和我坐一辆车
You’ll ride with me.
我更想开自己的车
I’d rather go in my own car.
那么把你的手♥机♥给我
Then give me your phone.
好了
Ok.
我应该怎么告诉大家?
What do I tell everyone?
告诉他们
Tell them…
是工作上的事
…it’s work.
妈妈?
Mamma?
如果我不回来他们就不让我开车
They wouldn’t let me drive if I wasn’t coming back.
不要担心 妈妈
Don’t worry, Mother!
给我留些炖肉
Save me some tajine.
阿尔伯克基 新墨西哥 2005年2月
早上好 迭戈
Morning, Diego.
会在听证会上现场作证
…is actually gonna testify live at the hearing,
相对于 例如 以口供证据的方式提交
versus, for example, being submitted by deposition testament.
关于时间安排 我们已经为你做了注解
In terms of the briefing schedule, we just annotated it for you.
案件档案的复印件?
Copy of the case file?
我们建议在月底前
We propose to exchange exhibit lists
交换物证清单
by the end of the month.
你要旁听吗?
Are you sitting in?
你要加入这个案子吗? -你能加入是我们的幸运
Are you gonna join the case? We’d be lucky to have you.
今天早上新闻里全都是关于原告的
Plaintiff’s been all over the news this morning.
是的我们预料到了
Yeah, we expected that.
我的意思是他没有慌乱
I mean, he’s not rattled.
航♥空♥公♥司♥想搞个公♥关♥活动
The airlines want to make it a PR campaign,
但我们会在法庭上打败他们
but we’ll beat ’em in court.
我们走着瞧
We’ll see.
你动作太快了我还想请你吃午饭呢
You’re too quick. I was hoping to buy you lunch.
去排队吧我推荐阿萨达烤肉
Go on. Get in line. I recommend the asada.

Nah.
比尔怎么样?
So… how’s Bill?
分居了-抱歉
Separated. -Oh, sorry.
他也是
So was he.
我能为你做什么?
What can I do for you?
上周在巴黎一位来自毛里塔尼亚的律师找到了我的事务所
Last week, in Paris, a lawyer from Mauritania approached my firm.
毛里塔尼亚?
Mauritania?
非洲西北部
Northwest Africa.
那位律师代表那边的一个家庭
The lawyer represents a family over there.
2001年11月
In November 2001,
他们的儿子被毛里塔尼亚警♥察♥带走问话
their son was taken for questioning by Mauritanian police.
他消失了
He disappeared.
三年了他们不知道他是不是死了还是在监狱里
For three years, they don’t know if he’s dead, in prison.
他们不知道没人知道
They don’t know. No one knows.
然后几周前,
And then, a few weeks ago,
明镜周刊写了一篇报道说他被关押在关塔那摩湾
Der Spiegel writes a story saying that he’s detained in Guantánamo Bay.
他们说他是911的组织者之一
They say he’s one of the organizers of 9/11.
是吗? -我不知道
Is he? -I don’t know.
我还没和他说过话
I haven’t spoken with him.
关塔那摩那边甚至不会承认他在那里
Guantánamo will not even confirm that he’s there.
我没有安全许可
I don’t have a security clearance.
公♥司♥不会接关塔那摩监狱的案子
The firm won’t take a Gitmo case.
你什么时候开始关心公♥司♥的想法了?
Since when do you care about what the firm thinks?
你还有国♥家♥安♥全♥局的许可不是吗?
And you still have your clearance from your NSA suit, no?
拜托就打个电♥话♥看看他在不在
Come on. One phone call, to see if he’s there.
犯人他叫什么名字?
Prisoner– what’s his name?
斯拉希 斯-拉-希
Slahi. S-L-A-H-I.
姓 穆罕穆都
Mohamedou.
不不不 是穆♥罕♥默♥德♥ 是穆罕默都 查查日志
No, no, no. Not “Mohammed.” Mohamedou. Check the logs.
是他不在 还是你不知道他不在?
Well, he’s not there or you don’t know whether he’s not there?
好的我等着
All right, I’ll hold.
格兰森?
Goranson?
航♥空♥公♥司♥
Airlines.
哦是的在那边
Oh, yeah. It’s over there.
但这是你的设施 所以你怎么会不知道你抓的是谁呢?
But wait, it’s your facility, so how do you not know who you’re holding?
“他或许不在那儿”?
“He’s not not there”?
这是什么意思?
What does that mean?
我的意思是 他不是薛定谔的猫
I mean, he’s not Schroödinger’s cat.
他要么在那里要么不在那里
He’s either there or he’s not there.
你想代表911事件的恐♥怖♥分♥子♥招募者吗?
You wanna represent the head recruiter for 9/11?
所谓的
Alleged.
而且我是要扞卫人身保护权
And no, I’m defending habeas corpus,
这也正是布♥什♥和拉♥姆♥斯♥菲♥尔♥德♥兴高采烈地要废除的权利
which Bush and Rumsfeld are dismantling gleefully as we speak.
南希我们都希望这届政♥府♥能爆点料
Nancy, we’d all love a pop at this administration,
但还有更多需要考虑
but there’s more to consider.
人们想看到这些家伙被烧死
People wanna see these guys burn.
其中包括大量的潜在客户
Including plenty of prospective clients.
美国政♥府♥在关塔那摩关押了超过700名囚犯
Well, the US government is holding upwards of 700 prisoners in Guantánamo.
我们不知道他们是谁也不知道他们被指控了什么罪名
And we don’t know who they are. We don’t know what they’re charged with.
我们什么时候开始不经审判就把人关起来了?
Since when did we start locking people up without a trial in this country?
我不希望你在这件事上浪费时间
I don’t want you spinning your wheels on this.
大卫
David…
我们说好的我们可以选择自己的公益诉讼
we agreed that we could pick our own pro bono fights.
不准干涉
No interference.
我喜欢这场起诉
I like the look of this fight.
我来找你只是出于礼貌
I’m only coming to you as a courtesy.
好吧
Okay.
你需要什么?
What do you need?
呃现在只有我还有一个安全许可的翻译
Uh, just me for now, and a translator with security clearance.
这个囚犯会说阿♥拉♥伯语法语和德语
The prisoner speaks Arabic, French and German.
听起来很贵
Sounds expensive.
嘿泰瑞你会说法语对吧?
Hey, Teri, you speak French, right?
是的但我在调查格兰森的案子
Yeah. But I’m on the Goranson case.
航♥空♥公♥司♥
Airlines.
是的 它毫无进展 -这话有点难听
Yeah, it’s got no legs. That’s a bit harsh.
我看过了你找错原告了
I looked at it. You got the wrong plaintiff.
没有陪审团会忽略这一点
No jury’s gonna get past that.
Teri
Teri?
是的当然
Yes, sure.
我是说
I mean…
谁不想免费去古巴旅行呢 对吧?
who doesn’t want a free trip to Cuba, right?
我们现在休息一下 几点了?
是的 我们还有20分钟
你想喝杯咖啡吗?
You wanna grab a coffee?
我可以静脉注射 -当然
I could take one intravenously. -Sure.
海军法律会议 新奥尔良 路易斯安纳州
Hey, Stu!
哦我一会儿就赶上你们
Oh! I’ll catch up with y’all in a few.
先生我在日程表上没有看到你的名字你要演讲吗?
Sir, I didn’t see your name on the schedule. You giving a talk?
没有只是路过 – 嘿你认识OGC的威特科布吗?
No, just passing through. Hey, you know Whit Cobb over at OGC?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!