Here. Right here. Just wait.
就这儿 停下 等一下
Sorry. I’m late.
对不起 我迟到了
I ain’t dead yet.
我还没死
It’s also for healing.
是迎接你康复出院
And celebration, you know?
也是为了庆祝
Thank you. I’d like to sit at that table.
谢谢 我想坐那张桌子
Why? I’d like to sit at that table.
为什么 我就想坐那张桌子
I know, but they’re still eating.
但是还有人在吃啊
I know, I can see that.
我知道 我看得见
I don’t know, I think-
我不知道 我以为
I think in, like, a year or so, you know,
我以为一年左右
I think I’ll be ready…
我以为我就会做好准备了
But, you know, I really- I want to get married.
但是 我是真的想结婚
I just- like, eventually, you know. I don’t-
但是到了最后 我不知道
I just don’t want to right now.
我只是不想马上结婚
Plus, we’re kind of on this, like, cruise control, you know?
另外 我们的关系就像是相互控制
Which is normal. I mean,
这是正常的
it happens to every couple. It happened to us.
每对情侣都会这样 我们也是
Where did you tell him you were going?
你跟他说的是你要去哪儿
To visit you. Yeah, right.
来看你 是吗 我才不信
To visit my dad.
去看我爸爸
And he believed that? I invited him actually, but…
他就相信了吗 实际上我要他跟我一起
It turns out he was really, really busy.
结果他实在是太忙了
You always were a terrific liar.
你撒谎一向很在行
That’s not fair.
这么说可不公平
I really do love him, you know? Well, I do.
我真的很爱他 你知道吗 是的 我知道
He’s the right guy for you.
他是最适合你的人
I mean, what do you want to do?
你以后想要做什么
Are you thinking… family? Bachelorhood?
你想要有一个家庭 还是保持单身
College? Job?
上大学还是找工作
You don’t have to worry about me.
你不用为我担心
The world’s my fucking oyster.
这个世界就他妈的是我的地盘
Thanks for coming.
谢谢你能来看我
I really wanted to see you.
我是真的很想来见你
I’m glad you came.
我很高兴你来了
Say hi to Alan for me.
代我向艾伦问好
I don’t think so.
还是算了吧
Somewhere you gotta be?
你要急着去哪儿吗
No, sir.
没有 长官
How long has he been waiting?
他等了多长时间了
Seventeen minutes, sir.
17分钟 长官
Send him in.
叫他进来
Come in.
进来
Sir, staff sergeant Montgomery reports.
长官 上士蒙冈马利向您报告
At ease. How you getting on, Montgomery?
稍息 最近怎么样 蒙冈马利
It’s going well, sir. I have an assignment for you, Montgomery.
一切都好 长官 我有任务给你 蒙冈马利
It so happens that over the few months you have left on your enlistment…
你离开战场已经有几个月了
You will get your chance to render some of
你有机会可以
your most valuable service to your country.
继续为你的祖国效力
I’m assigning you to a casualty notification team.
我把你分配到伤亡通知小组
Sir?
长官
Captain Stone will show you the ropes.
斯通队长会指导你
He is the expert.
他是这方面的专家
But until he does, I just want to make myself very clear…
在他之前 我要先说清楚
That although most of your time
尽管完成其他任务
will remain occupied by your other duties.
会占去你的大部分时间
CNO is to be your absolute priority.
但伤亡通知小组的事情是最重要的
This mission is not simply important.
这个任务不光是很重要
It is sacred.
而且也很神圣
Sir, if I may? Go ahead.
长官 我有话要说 请讲
I’ve never received any grief counseling,
我从来没有接受过悲伤辅♥导♥
let alone given it.
更不会安慰其他人
I’m not a religious man, sir.
我不信教 长官
We’re just there for notification.
我们只是去通知
Not God. Not heaven.
用不着信上帝或是天堂
Montgomery…
蒙冈马利
This job is about character.
这份工作和人格有关
Now I have had soldiers go out on notification and break into a stutter.
有一些士兵去通知的时候变得结结巴巴
Men so nervous they read from
他们太紧张了 需要念稿子
a script or get the name wrong… Or the address.
要不然就会把名字地址弄错
Too many tears.
容易落泪
I need men of solid stature.
我需要一个有着坚强性格的人
Now you are a model soldier.
你就是一个模范军人
Hell, you’re a goddamn hero.
见鬼去吧 你♥他♥妈♥的是个英雄
Casualty is a soldier who’s been killed, wounded, missing,
伤亡人员就是被杀害 受伤 失踪
captured, beleaguered or besieged.
被捕 被围困的士兵
Of course, our job’s mainly about killed.
当然 我们的工作主要是那些被杀害的士兵
What you actually need to do is pretty simple-
实际上 你需要做的事情很简单
read the guidebook, learn the script,
阅读手册 学习规章
stick to the script, fill in the blanks from the casualty report.
遵守规章 填写伤亡报告表
Can you do that? Yes, sir.
你能够做到吗 可以 长官
Can you look at me when I speak with you?
在我跟你说话的时候 你能看着我吗
Much appreciated.
十分感谢
Never say stuff like lost or expired or passed away…
绝不要说什么走了 长辞 去了
Things people misunderstand.
人们可能会误解
I knew this guy once told this old lady
我认识一个人 他告诉一位老太太说
that her grandson was no longer with us.
他的孙子已经离开了我们
She thought he had defected to the enemy, started calling him a traitor.
她却以为他叛国投敌 开始大骂他叛徒
We need to be clear. Need to say killed or died.
我们需要说清楚 需要说被杀或是死亡
What we don’t say is the deceased of the body.
我们不说死者
We call each casualty by name.
我们用名字来称呼每一个伤亡者
We honor them. You with me?
我们尊敬他们 你在听我说话吗
Yes, sir. Then look at me, sergeant.
是的 长官 那就看着我 上士
You do not speak with anybody other than the next of kin.
我们只通知最近亲 不与其他人有接触
No friend, no neighbor, no coworker or mistress.
不能告诉他们的朋友 邻居 同事或情妇
Hours of operation are 06:00 to 22:00 hours.
通知时间是早上六点到晚上十点
We don’t want to wake anybody up in the middle of the night…
我们不想大半夜的把人叫起来
Though if you ask me,
尽管要是你问我的话
hitting them with the news at the crack of dawn
破晓时告诉他们如此消息
is not exactly a great way to start their day,
可不是开始新的一天的好方法
breakfastwise.
早饭才是
What do we do if the next of kin isn’t around?
如果最近亲不在 我们怎么办呢
We leave. We don’t wait.
那我们就离开 不等在那里
We don’t lurk. We come back later.
也不需要找地方躲起来 我们过一会再来
This is a zero-defect mission.
这是个不会失败的任务
A pure hit-and-git operation.
只是纯粹的定位打击
Is that it, sir?
就这些吗 长官
One more thing. You do not touch the NOK.
还有一件事 你不能触碰被通知人
Avoid physical contact with the next of kin…
避免和被通知人有身体接触
Unless it’s a medical emergency,
除非是紧急状况
like if they were having a heart attack or something.
比如突发心脏病或是其他的疾病
You’re representing the secretary of the army, not will Montgomery.
你代表的是陆军部长 而不是你自己
So in case you feel like offering a hug or something,
因此不要拥抱他们或是做其他的安慰
don’t.
不要
It’ll only get you in trouble.
那样做只会让你陷入麻烦
I’m not gonna be offering any hugs, sir.
我不会拥抱他们的 长官
Is that’s it? No.
就这些吗 不是
These are the rules. It’s not the job.
这些是规章 而不是工作
The job is about something else.
工作是关于另外一些事情
You gotta do it before you can understand.
你要先去工作 然后再去理解
You a head case?
你是头部受伤了吗
No, sir.
不是的 长官
I surely hope not.
我也希望不是的
Then that’s it. You can go.
好了 就这些 你可以走了
Sergeant, one more thing.
上士 还有一件事
We make it our business to deliver
我们需要在
the news within 24 hours of positive ID.
24小时内将已验证身份的消息送到
The ideal is within four.
最好是四小时内
We’re racing Fox, CNN,
我们在和福克斯 CNN新闻
Drudge Report, what-have-you.
德鲁奇新闻网站等等比赛

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!