Not to mention any soldier with a cell phone or a webcam.
更不用说那些有手♥机♥ 摄像头的士兵
The whole point is we gotta be first.
重点就是我们一定要抢先
So, if you’re in bed
因此 即使你在床上睡觉
or church or the ballet, this baby stays on.
或是在教堂里 舞厅里 这个一定要保持开通
Yes, sir.
是的 长官
Tried and true.
我试过 验证过
A long battery life too. Can’t be beat.
电池寿命很长 不会关机
I know what you’re thinking.
我知道你在想什么
You’re thinking- “shit,
你在想”去他的
I’m a goddamn decorated war hero
“我是个他妈的挂着勋章的战争英雄
with three months left to serve and they
“只要再服三个月的兵役
draft me into the angels of death squadron.
“他们还送我来做死亡通知
I get a beeper, a canned speech
“我得到了传呼机 陈词滥调
and a lunatic commanding officer
“还有一个疯癫的指挥官
to surf a fucking ocean of grief.”
去给其他人送去哀号♥”
Am I right?
我说对了吧
More or less, sir. Am I right?
差不多 长官 我这样说对吧
It’s the middle of the fucking night!
现在他妈的是半夜
Turn that fucking music off.
把那该死的音乐关上
There’s your problem.
这就是你的问题
Attention to detail, private!
注意细节 士兵
Read the fucking manual!
你♥他♥妈♥的好好看看指导手册
You have 130-degree heat.
在130华氏摄氏度的温度下
You have sand blasting.
脚下的沙子滚烫
It’s baked the hose right under the housing.
烘烤着车里的水管
Break the suction.
把阀门断开
Every second you’re on the side of the road,
你站在路边的时间每增加一秒
increases your chances of getting shot…
你被射中的可能性就会增大
Your boys shot, your boys blown up.
你的同伴被射中 被炸飞
No Haji armor’s gonna protect you.
没有哈吉盔甲可以保护你
Plus you’re fucking up a five billion dollar a week operation
另外你还会毁掉一周五十亿的行动
Because you don’t have a 25 cent cooling hose.
就因为你没有25分钱一根的冷却管
So you think ahead.
因此你应该事先就考虑到
You have 10 in the back.
准备好10个备用的
You think ahead. You prepare. You think ahead.
你要事先考虑 准备好 要做好打算
Yeah, well, should be in the next couple blocks.
应该再过几个街区就到了
We should just ask someone.
我们应该问路
No.
不需要
First of all, men don’t ask for directions, much less soldiers.
首先 男人不应该问路 更不用说是军人
Soldiers on a notification, definitely,
来通知伤亡的军人
positively do not ask for freaking directions.
当然更不会问该死的路
No GPS. No mapquest.
不需要GPS 也不需要地图
We navigate.
我们自己找到地方
Second, you never wanna park too close.
第二 永远都不要把车停的太近
They hear a car park,
他们听见停车声
go to the window, see two soldiers getting out…
走到窗口去然后看到两个军人下车
It’s just a minute of torture.
这可是种折磨
Now I should warn you some of them do have guns.
我要提醒你 一些人可是有枪的
Knocking is ominous, but ringing is jarring.
敲门是不详的 按门铃又太刺耳
Or worse, sometimes you get one of those god-awful chirping doorbells
更糟糕的是 有时候一些该死的门铃
some singsongy shit throws you right off your game.
那种曲调会马上让你不知所措
Yankee doodle went to town a ridin’on a pony
“美♥国♥佬♥骑着小马去镇上”
and “sorry your husband is dead”
然后”我很抱歉你的丈夫死了”
doesn’t flow. So I knock.
之类的话就说不出来了 因此我敲门
I don’t really like to say good morning or good afternoon either.
我也不喜欢说早上好或是下午好
There ain’t nothing good about it.
没有什么值得问好的
I used to introduce myself, that’s standard,
我以前会介绍我自己 那是标准
but now I think it’s rude.
但是现在我觉得那样太唐突了
It ain’t about me. Lose the shades.
跟我没关 放下架子
We’re looking for Mrs. Tina Burrell. Is she in?
我们想找蒂娜·布埃尔夫人 她在家吗
Is Leroy in trouble again? I’m his girlfriend.
利莱又惹麻烦了吗 我是他的女朋友
We need to speak with Mrs. Burrell.
我们要和布埃尔夫人谈
Okay, come in. Come in.
好吧 进来吧 进来
Please, sit down.
请坐
I just made some tea.
我刚刚沏了些茶
Do you want some?
你们想要一些吗
Ma’am, could you please get Mrs. Burrell?
女士 你能把布埃尔夫人找来吗
Yeah, she’s down the block.
好的 她就小区里
She just called. She’ll be back in a minute.
她刚刚打了电♥话♥ 马上就回来
I thought you said we don’t wait.
我以为你说我们不等的
If she’s not here in 30 seconds, we’re gone.
如果她半分钟之内还没有回来 我们就走
Sit.
坐吧
I’m Monica. I’m Leroy’s girlfriend.
我叫莫尼卡 利莱的女朋友
And this is his baby. He’s a boy.
这是他的孩子 是个男孩
But he don’t know that yet,
但是他还不知道
so don’t tell him because I ain’t calling him junior.
不要告诉他 我可不想叫他小利莱
What did he do?
他做什么了
I’m sorry, ma’am.
对不起 女士
Our orders are to speak with Mrs. Burrell.
我们有规定只能和布埃尔夫人说
Well, I am too. I mean, I was gonna be.
我也是啊 我本来会是的
We were supposed to get married,
我们本来应该结婚的
but then my father got laid off and-
但是他的爸爸下岗了
Look, I know Leroy’s always saying the wrong thing,
听着 我知道利莱总是说错话
but he’s a good man.
但是他是个好人
Please, just tell me.
请告诉我吧
We’ll be back.
我们一会儿再回来
Sir, tell me.
长官 请告诉我
Oh, why? Oh, no, please, God, no! My, God, why?
为什么 不要这样 上帝啊 为什么
What’s going I have bad news, Mrs. Burrell.
怎么了 我有坏消息给您 布埃尔夫人
The secretary of the army has asked me to express his deepest regret…
陆军部长要我向您转达他最深的歉意
That your son, private first class Leroy Burrell-
您的儿子 一等兵利莱·布埃尔
No, no, no! You got to go! You got to go!
不 不要说了 你们出去 出去
I’m very sorry, Mrs. Burrell.
我很遗憾 布埃尔夫人
No. Listen. No!
不 听着 不要说了
That’s my baby. That’s my baby.
那是我的孩子
We can’t do this right-
我们不能现在说
Your son was killed yesterday-
您的儿子昨天被杀害了
Monica,oh, my god! My house is a mess.
莫尼卡 我的上帝啊 我家里乱七八糟
A casualty assistance No! Don’t you say that about my baby!
伤亡补助 不 不要这样说我的孩子
Don’t you say that about my baby!
不要这样说我的孩子
I’m very sorry for your loss, ma’am. No! Make him go!
我对您深表遗憾 夫人 不 快让他离开
A casualty assistance officer will contact you shortly.
伤亡补助处理人员会尽快和您联♥系♥
To help you arrange for the funeral. Tell him to stop saying that!
帮您准备葬礼事宜 叫他住嘴
We left them with the next-door neighbor.
我们离开时 她们的邻居在照顾她们
How’d she take it? Hard. Very hard.
她怎么样 很难接受
Okay. Yep.
好 是
We’ll be there by 10:00 hour.
我们十点以前会到那儿
All right, thanks. Good luck.
好的 谢谢 祝你们好运
CAO is on the way.
伤亡补助处理人员马上就到
No such thing as a satisfied customer.
这种事情可不会有满意的顾客
Double whiskey, please.
威士忌 谢谢
Hot water and lemon? And a glass of ice.
热水加柠檬吗 还有一杯冰
I’m in AA, if you’re asking.
我有再生障碍性贫血 如果你想问的话
Been sober three years.
过去三年我都吃素
Mind you, I never drank anything stronger than pop.
你可能都不相信 我最多只喝汽水
Of course, my pop would drink just about anything.
当然 我会喝各种各样的汽水
Oh, they tell them to
他们被事先告知
get ready when their kids deploy,
一旦孩子上了战场 就要做好心理准备
but they never really listen, do they?
但是他们从来不会当真 不是吗
Soldiers go to war
士兵们去参加战争的时候
and everyone waves flags and applauds…
每一个人都挥舞着彩旗 鼓掌欢送
Look at charts, study strategies, have “informed opinions”.
看着地图 学习战术 提出意见
And then bullets fly and soldiers die and it’s such a shock.
但是子弹飞来 战士们死去 这太突然了
Fuck that! What did they think it was gonna be like, fear factor?
他妈的 他们认为是什么 勇敢者的游戏吗
Where’d you see action?
你在哪执行任务
Desert storm, desert shield.
沙漠风暴 沙漠屏障
Never got a crack at Enduring Freedom or Iraqi Freedom,
没能瓦解”永久自♥由♥”或”自♥由♥伊♥拉♥克♥”行动
much to my chagrin.
让我很是懊恼
Wasn’t much of a war, but…
并不怎么算战争
I got my baptism too.
但是我也经历了它的洗礼

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!