No. They’re just the only ones we know of.
不 但我们只认识这两人
Time.
时间到了
Set me up five more beers , will you , Danny?
丹尼 再给我五瓶啤酒
You the owner here? That’s right.
你是老板 不错吧
Lt. Snyder, Bunco .
我是斯奈德警官
That’s a Joliet badge, Snyder.
那是久利特的警章
Don’t cut much up here.
在这没什么用
Looking for a guy on the lam from a counterfeiting rap .
我在找做假♥钞♥的混球
Thought he might’ve come in here.
怀疑他可能来过这
Don’t think so. I know everyone in the place.
没这个人 这里每个人我都认识
And I always bounce the lamsters.
如有此人我马上认得出来
All right if I look around in here?
我到处看看行吗
No, but you’re welcome to a free beer before you go.
不行 但在你走前 可请你喝杯啤酒
I don’t really need your permission .
我并不需要你的许可
I don’t know what to do with this guy, Henry.
我真的拿这家伙没办法
He’s an lrishman who doesn’t drink,
他是一个不抽烟 不喝酒
doesn’t smoke and doesn’t chase dames.
不玩女人的爱尔兰人
He’s a grand knight in the Knights of Columbus .
一个标准的骑士
And he only goes out to play faro.
只出去玩玩纸牌
Sometimes plays 1 5 to 20 hours at a time.
他与赌场对赌
Just him against the house.
可以玩上十几个钟头
Roulette, craps?
赌轮盘或掷骰子吗
He won’t touch ’em .
不玩
The croupier at Gilman’s says he never plays anything he can’t win .
葛利赌场的总管说 他只玩他能赢的
Sports?
运动
Mmm , likes to be seen with fighters sometimes,
他喜欢被人看到与拳击手一起
but doesn’t go to the fights or bet on them .
但不看拳赛也不赌
Jesus. Does he do anything where he’s not alone?
天啊!有没有什么是他会与别人 一起做的事
Just poker.
只有扑克
And he cheats.
而且他使诈
Pretty good at it, too.
手段也很高明
Where does he play?
他都在哪玩
The porters say he runs a braced game on the Century Limited
门房♥说当他从纽约来这时
when he comes out here from New York.
喜欢在火车上开个赌局
$ 1 00 minimum , straight poker.
只赌扑克 底限一百元
And a lot of high rollers ride that train just to play him .
很多人搭那火车就为与他赌钱
That sounds good , J .J .
JJ 听来不错
Which way are the rooms?
房♥间在哪儿
Who told you this guy was in here?
谁告诉你那家伙在这
Nobody. I just know what kind of woman he likes.
没人 但你这有他喜欢的女人
I’m gonna check all the joy houses till I find him .
每个妓院我都要查 直到找到他
Well , maybe I could help you if you tell me his name.
告诉我他的名字 也许能帮你
I doubt it. Which way are the rooms?
我不相信 哪一条是去房♥间的
Right through there.
过了那道门
But I wouldn’t go in there if I were you .
但我劝你最好别进去
What are you gonna do, call the cops?
怎样 你想叫警♥察♥吗
I don’t have to.
不需要
You’d be busting in on the chief of police just up the hall .
只是你很可能在走廊上 会撞见警♥察♥局长
We’ll play it out here.
在这设圈套
And a huge duke is too simple.
用拳头太简单
With no fix, we’re gonna need a con with a sure-fire blow-off.
要设下一个精密而庞大的陷阱
I think we ought to play this guy on the payoff.
对他可能要用贿赂之计
It’s the tightest game we got.
这是最富挑战性的赌博
It’s not all over the papers yet.
媒体还不知道
Lonnegan is a fast egg , J .J .
隆根是个性急的家伙
He’s not going to sit still for a standard play.
他绝不会老实坐在那儿玩
So what does that leave us?
我们不可能用贿赂骗银行家
We can’t con the payoff to a banker.
还能用什么呢
We’ll use the wire.
设赌马站
Haven’t known a poker player yet didn’t wanna beat the ponies.
玩扑克的人都喜欢赌马
The wire’s been out of date for 1 0 years.
赌马站十年前就被淘汰了
That’s why he won’t know it.
所以他才不会知道
I’m not sure I know it.
我也不太懂
It’ll take two of us working the inside.
要两个人做内线
Any objections to Hooker as second man?
虎克做第二个人选 如何
All right. We’ll give Lonnegan the hook

on the train and play him here.
我们在火车上向隆根下饵
J .J . , you think I can get in that poker game?
JJ 我能参加那赌局吗
Just show up with a lot of money and look like a sucker.
只要装成有钱的呆子就没问题
I also gotta win .
我还得赢
Oh , by the way, any of you guys been passing bad money lately?
提一下 你们有谁最近用假♥钞♥吗
lf he comes in again , stall him so I can get a look at him .
如果他再来 拖一下 让我看看他是谁
Mmm-hmm .
下饵
Fella by the name of Stenner had this place until about six months ago,
六个月前是在史丹勒名下
but he had to give it up .
但他得放弃
It doesn’t look so good right now,
看起来不怎样
but maybe you can fix it up a little bit.
但你能修得很好
Watch your step when you come in .
进来时小心点
There’s a dip down on the left.
左边有个洞
How’s it look, Eddie?
艾迪 看来如何
It looks all right, Kid .
看起来还可以
It’s big enough , and it’s off the street.
这够大 而且远离大街
I don’t know.
我不知道
It’s kind of short notice. I’m not sure
时间很短 我不能保证
we can get it all done by Saturday.
星期六前能完工
Got to . Gondorff’s riding the mark down from New York on the Century.
一定要 康夫与 来自纽约的目标一起下来
We’ll take it.
我们租下来
That building at the end of the alley, do you manage that?
巷尾那栋楼也是你管的吗
For 1 5 years.
管了15年
I’ll need a corner room facing this way.
我要一间朝这边的角落房♥间
How much a week?
一个礼拜多少
Only rents by the month .
只能月租
$250 for the two of them .
两个一起250元
Last time I expect to see you down here.
我不希望再看到你来这
Never heard of the place.
从没听过这地方
It’s been awhile since I stocked the wire store.
很久没做赌马站了
Not many mobs playing that anymore.
帮派份子现在也不玩了
All we’ll need is the bookie setup for now.
现在只要把赌马站设好
All right. I’ll rent you everything
所有仓库的东西都租给你
I’ve got in the warehouse for $2, 000 .
只要两千块
That’ll give you phones, cages, blackboards and ticker gear.
有电♥话♥ 栅栏 黑板及收报机
lf you want a counter and bar, that’s another $ 1 , 000 .
如果要柜台跟 吧台得再加一千
That’s pretty steep , Benny.
太贵了 班尼
Gondorff’s still a hot item .
康夫仍被通缉中
Where would I be if he gets hit?
如果他被捉我就完了
Benny, you just give us what you can .
能给什么就给什么
We’ll send a truck down .
我会让卡车来装货
Now how do you want to work this? Flat rate or percentage?
你想怎么收?付清还是抽成
Who’s the mark?
谁是目标
Doyle Lonnegan .
德利隆根
Flat rate.
付清
The guy in the black hat with the gimp .
就是戴花边黑帽子的人
He’s not as tough as he thinks.
他不像自己想像中的强硬
Neither are we.
我们也不是
Mr. Shaw?
萧先生
That’s right.
是的
You wanted to see me?
你要见我吗
I hear there’s a friendly poker game on this train . Know about it?
听说火车上有场 扑克牌赌博友谊赛
Oh , a little . Thank you , sir.
嗯 知道一点 先生 谢谢你
Can you get me in that game?
你能把我弄进去吗
Oh , I don’t know.
我不能保证
There’s usually a waiting list.
听说有一个候补名单
That’ll get you first alternate, sir.
你是名单上第一个
I’ll see what I can do.
没问题
Hey, Twist!
托斯
Patty, me boy! How are you?
贝提 好友 你好吗
How are you , Twist?
托斯 你好吗
Hey, Champ , you’re looking like a million !
冠军 你看起来像个百万富翁
Good to see you !
见到你真好
Goldie , you old son of a gun .
葛迪 太好了 这个老浑球

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!