I saw the Kid in Denver.
我在丹佛见到肯德
He says to say hello to you .
他叫我向你问好
Joiner, are you still working those shapes?
裘纳 你仍在牌上做手脚吗
Any number you want, Twist!
托斯 随便说个号♥码
Good to see you again , Twist.
真高兴再见到你
Okay, Lacey. Good to see you .
雷西 见到你真好
It’s good to see you . Dukey, how are you?
很高兴见到你 杜奇 你好吗
Come on in .
进来吧
When did you get back in town?
你什么时候回来的
A couple of days ago.
几天前
You heard about Luther Coleman , didn’t you?
你听说了路德柯曼的事吧
Yeah , some of the boys were passing the hat
听说了 大伙已经在
for Alva and the kids.
帮艾娃跟孩子筹钱了
I never seen the guys so worked up .
从来没看过这些人如此激动
Well , don’t worry about it, Dukey.
杜奇 别担心
We’re gonna send a little calling card of our own .
我们要开始行动了
Gondorff is setting up a wire store on the north side.
康夫正在设立一个赌马站
I’m gonna need a 20-man boost right away.
我立刻就需要一个20人的后援
I got plenty of talent out there tonight.
今晚有许多合格的人选
You can take your pick. Lace !
随便你挑
This is a tough one, Dukey.
这比较难
These boys have got to be the quill .
这些人要是行家
Get me the sheet. Let’s see who’s in town , huh?
名单给我 看看谁在城里
Hey, Patty, give me the sheet.
贝提 把名单给我
Sure .

Gondorff’s already on . . .
康夫已经在
Twist, you know this guy?
托斯 你认识这个人?
No, I never saw him before.
从没见过
He’s a dick, though .
是个条子
Hello , Snyder.
你好 斯奈德
What are you doin’ up here? I’m on vacation .
你来这儿干嘛 我在渡假
Hey, you seen that friend of yours lately?
最近有看到你朋友吗
No, no. He, uh , packed it in .
没 没有 他跑了
Enrolled in detective school .
到侦探学校上课去了
When you see him ,
如果你见到他
you tell him he better pay up before I get to him .
告诉他 最好在我找到他之前把钱付清
That son of a bitch .
狗♥娘♥养♥的
Oh , thanks , Lace .
雷西 谢谢你
Now, let’s see what we got here.
看看这里有什么
Let’s see. Horse Face Lee, Slim Miller,
从纽奥良来的李马脸 瘦子米勒
Suitcase Murphy and the Big Alabama are in from New Orleans .
皮箱墨菲和大阿♥拉♥巴马
Crying Jonesy and the Boone Kid from Denver.
从丹佛来的哭脸琼西 跟彭恩小子
Dippy Burke and Limehouse Chappie from New York.
纽约来的糊涂伯克 以及陷阱胖子
Well , these and the guys outside
这几个加上外面的
should give you 30 or more to choose from .
大约有30多人供你选择
Good , Dukey.
杜奇 做的好
Have them down at Stenner’s old pool hall before 6: 00 .
叫他们在6点前 到史丹勒的旧弹子房♥集♥合♥
We’re gonna run the route tonight.
今晚要开始选人
Okay, Twist, but
没问题 托斯 不过先说好
if this thing blows up , remember,
如果这次搞砸了
I can’t do you no good downtown .
我也帮不上忙
Gondorff is federal .
联邦政♥府♥还在通缉康夫
Dukey, if this thing blows up ,
杜奇 这次万一搞砸的话
the feds will be the least of our problems.
我们得罪的人 会比联邦政♥府♥还难缠
Yeah?
请进
You in?
让你加入了吗
Yeah , I think so.
我想是没问题
I gave the conductor a C-note .
我给了车长一些钱
Did you find out the deck?
扑克牌有什么发现
He usually plays with a Tally-Ho Fan or a Tally-Ho Circle .
他不是用扇形花纹的牌 就是圆形花纹的牌
I got you one of each .
每种都帮你准备一副
He likes to cold-deck low, eights or nines.
他喜欢偷换 点数在8 9以下的小牌
That’s nice work, J .J . Here.
JJ 做的真漂亮
Oh , I’m sorry.
喔!对不起
Don’t mention it, ma’am .
夫人 不要紧的
She picked him clean . He never missed it.
她的手脚干净俐落 他一点也不知道
My God , looks like he’s expecting a big night.
他今天恐怕要大玩一场
Must be $ 1 5 , 000 or $20 , 000 here .
这里有一万五到两万
He’s waiting for you in the card room .
他在玩牌室等你
Let him wait.
让他等
You just worry about your end , kid .
把自己的事管好就行了
lf we ever get to it.
我没问题
Excuse me.
对不起
You sure you checked this guy out?
你确实查过这家伙了
He seemed like a pleasant man , a lot of cash on him .
他看起来满好的 满口袋的钱
$200 suit, expensive luggage.
价值两百元的西装 贵重的行李
I’ll vouch for him .
我愿替他担♥保♥
Why isn’t he here then?
怎么还不来
Don’t worry. He’ll be here.
别担心 他会来的
All right.
好吧
What’re you doing?
你在搞什么
Always drink gin with a mark, kid .
跟目标在一起时只能喝琴酒
He can’t tell if you cut it.
他分不出来是否加水
$2, 000 for you , Mr. Clayton .
克莱顿先生 这里是两千块
Thank you .
谢谢
All right, gentlemen . Should we not wait for him?
好了 各位先生 我们还要等他吗
Let’s go.
不如先开始
I think that’s a good idea.
我赞成
Mr. Clemens , give me the cards.
克里门先生 把牌给我
Sorry I’m late , guys . I was taking a crap .
各位 对不起 我来晚了 刚才在喝酒
The name’s Shaw.
我叫萧
Mr. Shaw, meet Mr. Jameson from Chicago .
萧先生 这位是芝加哥的詹姆森先生
How are you?
你好
Mr. Lombard from Philadelphia.
费城的蓝柏先生
And Mr. Lonnegan from New York.
纽约的隆根先生
Pleased to meet you .
很高兴见到你
Mr. Clayton , Pittsburgh .
匹兹堡的克莱顿
Any of you guys want to make a little book in Chicago ,
你们想在芝加哥赌博
I’m the guy to see.
就来找我
The game is straight poker
只玩扑克牌
$ 1 00 minimum , table stakes.
从底限一百元起 开始下注
Ah , Mr. Shaw, this is a gentleman’s game.
萧先生 比赛是君子之争
We assume you’re all good for your debts.
你的信用没问题吧
How much would you like, Mr. Shaw?
萧先生要买♥♥多少
I’ll start with $5 , 000 .
给我五千
Mr. Shaw, we usually require a tie at this table.
萧先生 通常我希望大家都有打领带
lf you don’t have one, we can get you one .
如果你没有 我可以给你一条
Hey, that’d be real nice of you , Mr. Lonneman .
嘿!罗门先生 你真是好心
Lonnegan .
隆根
Name’s Curly Jackson .
我叫卷毛杰克森
Worked for Gad Bryan out of Baldwin .
替伯温市的痞子布莱恩做事
Jackson?
杰克森
Jackson , Jackson . Oh , yeah .
杰克森 杰克森 哦!在这
You ever played the wire, Curly?
卷毛 知道如何赌马吗
Roped for it long ago.
很久以前做过
I can shill , mark board , anything you want.
我还会计分 当小贩 什么都可以
I don’t run with riffraff, and I only drink on the weekend .
我不和流氓鬼混 而且只在周末喝酒
Me specialty’s an Englishman .
我的特长是扮英国绅士
All right, Curly.
好吧 卷毛
We got a rack of suits over there.
那边有一排的西装
Pick yourself out a nice tweed one.
去选一套苏格兰软呢料的西服
That’s all right. I’ve got all my own stuff.
没关系 我自己有准备
Doyle?
德利
One .
一张
Bill?
比利
I’ll take one.
我也要一张
Shaw?

Three.
三张
And the dealer will take one.
庄家拿一张
Bet $500 .
赌五百

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!